Eighth month

Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- Has a name yet?

- Huh?

- Your child.

Hyejin suddenly asked when they were quietly working, startling Byulyi. Today was one of the few days she came to the company; in fear of her mood swings affecting everyone in a professional environment, Byulyi had called Sandeul and requested to telecommute from home.

- No. - She admitted. - I don't really have much time to do research recently, I'm rather busy.

- Want me to suggest some names for it? - Her colleague craned forward with a mischievous smile. She was increasingly supportive of Byulyi being pregnant as time went by. The idea of her senior actually bearing and holding a child kept her excited.

- Nah, I'm good. I still prefer to think about it on my own. - She smiled in return. She didn't exactly have no spare time to search some good examples. There were already a few ideas in her mind.

- Hanja and Hangeul* have like a ton of characters, you better choose a good-sounding name for my little bean or I will hunt you down.

- Haha, as if I'm scared of you. - The older woman teased back.

 

- Chose a name? - Was Chaeyoung's first question when Yongsun picked up.

- What?

- I'm asking if you and Moonbyul chose a name for the baby.

- Baby- ah, no. You should ask Byul about that though, why me? - Yongsun held her phone between her ear and shoulder, hands never stopped moving on the laptop keyboard.

- I'm 100% sure Moon would want you to discuss it with her, it's your child too now anyways. - The psychiatrist had already imagined her triumphant grin on the other line.

- Wait, what? How did you-

- I just know. - Chaeyoung shrugged. - Or the fact that my friend who's also your colleague told me that you have the vibe of getting laid, and I don't think you're the type to do some random hook up so you must have been in love with a certain person.

- Since when are you an expert of ? - At this, Yongsun stopped her movement, her ears burning red in embarrassment. - And why do you think that's Byul?

- I have been friends with you guys for what, a decade, how could I not know? You may hide but your eyes don't lie. The frequency of you sitting on her lap and her grip on your thigh are enough for anyone to be curious about your dynamic. - The obstetrician rolled her eyes. She had always been suspicious about these two and she wasn't sure whether they were genuinely friends or too oblivious; additionally, she respected them too much to force them to talk about their intimate feelings.

Maybe Byulyi had a point when she said they had been too obvious. She neither hid nor announced her relationship; it just wasn't so necessary. But really nothing could go pass this girl's attention.

- Okay, okay I get it. Yes, we did actually redefine our relationship recently. And for the name thing, I didn't see Byulyi talking about it.

- Finally. At least now I'll feel more comfortable being a third wheel. - Chaeyoung contently sighed as she teased the older woman. - Well, I plead you guys to choose a good name for my sweetheart. And don't put too much faith on Byulyi, she has the most peculiar ideas to name any given thing among people I know.

Yongsun laughed out loud. - Gotcha, captain.

 

Byulyi flinched upon hearing three knocks from outside her office.

- Come in. - She said, eyes glued to the screen.

- We haven't met each other for half a day, don't you think I deserve a greeting?

Byulyi shot up at the familiar voice, grinning widely as she saw her soulmate standing right in front of her.

- You nail this look. - She was absolutely not being greasy. Of course, the brunette would always be the apple of her eyes even when she was wearing a baggy pyjamas or - especially when . But crop tops and skirts on Yongsun just seemed different. She now looked more like a high school student than an early 30s resident.

Yongsun blushed. No compliment could make her as happy as those from Byulyi, because she knew she was being genuine and - let's be honest - who wouldn't be when their beauty was appreciated by their partner?

- You like it?

- Of course. It makes you look less older than usual. - The lawyer grinned widely, but didn't manage to dodge the slap on the shoulder from Yongsun. She grimaced a little, but enjoyed her r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter