How it all started

Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The click-clack of keyboard typing was the only sound in the living room. Sunday was supposed to be the day off, but the nature and amount of their work made the two women unable to take a break.

Only until a while later did Yongsun put her laptop down on the table and exclaimed:

- Done! Byul-ah, why do we have to be tied up with deadlines when we can cuddle while watching movies and enjoying popcorn like normal people do on a Sunday evening?

- Because it is the destiny that tied us up with naturally busy occupations. - Byulyi spoke up after a while. She stayed still on the sofa, eyes glued to the screen for another good ten minutes before smiling and shutting down her laptop too. - I'm also done with mine now. Want to cuddle and enjoy popcorn while watching movies?

Yongsun grinned.

Light from the television Byulyi bought half a year ago fell on the figure of two women tucking themselves in the blanket on the comfortable sofa. Byulyi suggested a comedy, but the older woman wanted to find a feelgood one. In the end, she let Yongsun choose the film they were watching at the moment...

A horror comedy.

- Oh? We're out of popcorn. - Byulyi looked down to see the big bowl empty. - I'll go make some.

Yongsun stopped the movie to and surfed the internet while waiting for a new fresh batch of popcorn and Byulyi coming back. Her gaze absentmindedly landed on the fabric of the sofa, where the younger previously sat. She noticed something stuck under the backrest and took it out. The object was small. Long. A white display screen in the middle that said "positive".

Positive.

POSITIVE?!

- WHAT THE MOON BYULYI?! – She turned to the kitchen and shouted, making the one who was completely concentrating on the cooker flinch and hold her chest.

- Why must you call me by full name like that? – She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, but seeing the small, long object that showed "positive" on the white display screen on her hand, Byulyi stood frozen, covered , and the whole apartment fell into complete silence.

Until the popcorn started popping in the cooker.

Byulyi jumped in surprise, quickly turned off the stove and took the lid off. Yongsun closed her eyes for a few seconds, trying to digest the existence of what she could now confirm the pregnancy test and mentally arranging the exploding questions that she knew she would demand an answer from her best friend.

When she opened her eyes, a delicious bowl of popcorn had been placed in front her, which - in all honesty - was the final thing she could care about. Byulyi sat on the other end of the couch, head lowered, holding the strip that (she didn't even know) was taken from her hand.

Yongsun decided to break the silence, since judging from her look Byulyi probably wouldn't say a word anytime soon.

- Whose is that?

The younger woman glanced at her, muttering:

- If not mine then who? Yours?

- Of course I know it's yours. Or maybe it belongs to someone you date... But how can women impregnate others... - Her voice got smaller and Yongsun cleared upon realizing her ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter