Third month

Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since she discovered her best friend's pregnancy, Yongsun often had a questionable urge to pamper the woman in every way possible or even just... be there with her. To see her. Love her. 

She tried not to think about how her heart interpreted the word "love".

They had been sticking with each other to the for more than ten years, but somehow she just felt like it wasn't enough. In fact, the older woman would really like it if they stayed together for the rest of their lives.

Yongsun wondered if this feeling was provoked from the news, or it had been there all this time without her realizing.

***

She was mindful of everyone's opinions. She often didn't act impulsively and will take any factor possible into consideration. She had a plan for everything. Including how to deal with her feelings. That absolutely didn't consist of moving straight away into the younger's apartment.

So Yongsun didn't quite wrap her head around why her suitcase was already open in her designated room in Byulyi's house when she only wanted to bring some stuff to her friend. It didn't have any clothes of hers; those that were left in the latter's closet were enough for her to wear for a month without repeat. But looking at the amount of medical textbooks and research papers, Yongsun understood that there was nothing in her that protested her staying over for a very long time. 

This could be a good surprise to Byulyi.

***

The surprise was so good that the blonde almost had a heart attack realizing the door was unlocked. She just went for a walk around her neighborhood for some fresh air and to buy something to eat, and when she habitually turned the door knob before inserting the key into the keyhole, the door suddenly opened making her almost fall down.

- Who's that? - Byulyi cautiously spoke up. No reply. 

She soon got the answer though, when seeing a familiar figure standing in the kitchen. She ran to her best friend and gave her a back hug, her favourite scent confirming her guess.

- Jesus Christ! I almost cut myself! - Yongsun lightly scolded her but not rejecting her hug, continue chopping something on the cutting board.

- Why are you here so early? - Byulyi decided that she could stay like this a little longer.

- Well I figure I could bring you some food that my family sent you from Bucheon and some clothes Yonghee bought and made for you. They are not much since I know you'll want to shop for your own clothes. Oh, there are snacks that you like in case you're hungry and some herbal teas too.

Byulyi leaned over the dining table to see about a dozen paper bags lining against the wall. She was amazed and touched at how her friend was treating her with care and thoughtfulness.

- Ddun... why are you doing all of this? You really don't have to. I can manage on my own.

- Not on my watch. - Yongsun announced, finally finishing with those vegetables. She bent down and took the blender out from the drawer. - I can't trust you to live alone and take good care of yourself and the baby at the same time. You're too workaholic to be reliable. Also...

Yongsun had blended the vegetables and poured the mixture into a mug. - I'm doing this because I want to. It's my pleasure to take care of you during this time. 

- But I might be a burde- What on earth are you actually doing?

- You silly rascal, you're never and will never be my burden. Besides, isn't it exciting to watch the child grow from the start? - The brunette finished with a smile and handed the younger a mug. - Take this. Spinach smoothie with soy milk. I got the formula from my colleague in Dietetics and Nutrition.

- It looks gross. - Byulyi grimaced. The bright green color reminded her of those zombie movies she used to watch with her best friend.

- I know it's neither good-looking nor delicious, but I can promise you it's very good for you and your baby. You don't usually establish a healthy eating routine so you're going to drink these very often, boosting your level of vitamin and minerals on the way.

Yongsun couldn't hide her amusement as Byulyi - who hated spinach more than literally everything in this world - shut her eyes, held her breath and gulped down all of it in one go.

- Terrible. - Was her comment after placing the mug in the sink.

- Byul-ah?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter