D-Day

Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- Unnie, if you don't stop walking back and forth I'm going to physically restrain you down to the chair until the guests start coming in. You are making us dizzy. - Jisoo rolled her eyes as Yongsun's legs seemed to have a lot of strength. - You might want to stay firm on the ground when you start walking down the aisle.

- Right... I should probably sit down. - Yongsun sighed and finally sat back down, legs trembling from nervousness and also from the earlier pace. It wasn't long though, before she shot up from her designated chair, startling the couple talking to each other beside the makeup table. - Do I look weird in this outfit? Should I have chosen another dress? Is my hair color too much? Oh my god what if she doesn't want to marry me anymore-

- Jesus Christ. - This time it was Jennie who rolled her eyes and stormed her way directly in front of the bride-to-be. The young journalist firmly held both of her hands as she used her other hand to flatten the lacy, flower embellished veil and touch up on Yongsun's tiara. - You look brillant. This hair color? Perfect, chef's kiss, show-stopping, amazing, alright? And in case you don't remember, Byul unnie literally burst into tears the moment she saw you wearing this the first time. Everything's going to be fine, and if you need it I will go check on her at the other room. 

- Please, I'm one hundred percent certain that she's not going anywhere. - Jisoo glanced at her friend in fake disdain, but smiled nonetheless. - No one is taking her away from you. She will be running back to you immediately if anything.

- That... surprisingly makes me feel better, so thank you? - Yongsun chuckled at her own nervousness. Yeah, they would always come back to each other in the end. Always have been.

 

- She's not going to dump me, right? - is the first thing Byulyi said when Jennie walked into her room. She just finished her phototime with the guests, who would then visit the other bride. Jennie's jaw slacked a little, and she looked at Hyejin and Wheein who were shaking their heads at the question.

- Is she like this the whole time too? - The journalist exasperatedly asked and sighed when receiving a nod from the lawyer and the technician. - What's with the worry that you guys are gonna break up with each other before the wedding?

- So she's not dumping me? 

- NO! - The other three shouted at the oldest, making her flinch and relent. 

- Okay, okay. No need to scream at my face like that. Maybe I'm just a little worried she won't feel happy choosing me and all...

- That's a very interesting definition of "a little"... I'm going to tell the wedding coordinator that you're both ready then. I can no longer stand you two acting like the world's falling down when the other is not in sight. - Jennie announced before leaving the room. Not before turning back to the bride though. - Just relax. As long as you only have eyes for each other, this will be the only wedding in your life. Well, at least I doubt there will be a second ceremony any time soon.

***

Byulyi rose from the sofa from a restless nap when someone knocked on the door. She frowned upon looking at the clock. Who would come to find her at half past midnight? An image of a certain person instantly popped up in her mind, but she didn't want to raise her expectation. 

She did wonder what Yongsun was doing now. Probably asleep at her own house.

They got into a heated argument some days before, mainly revolving around the fact that Yongsun was so booked she barely made time for the wedding photo shoot and costume fitting. It was an hour after the clothes shop had closed when Yongsun showed up to a visibly upset Byulyi. The psychiatrist, in her defense, was just trying to finish her work before their future honeymoon. As much as the younger woman tried to justify for her fiancé, one could only take so much, and they had retreated to their own apartment in anger and tears.

Byulyi had been sulky and restless since. She couldn't help but feel insecure at Yongsun's attitude. Even her - a certified workaholic - had tried to focus on them as much as possible, yet the older got mad at her over her job. If she was even more honest, she felt unwanted for the first time in a long time, and she was torn between that feeling and the guilt of even doubting her partner's commitment in the first place. That was why she usually slept in the sofa - like today; the absence of her in the large bed and the rummaging thoughts wouldn't let her sleep anyways.

(She'd like to believe she had the right though.)

Her jaw dropped when she looked into the peephole. Whoever visited her at this hour, she expected them to be a human, not a goddess. She hastily opened the door and let the woman walk inside, not tearing her eyes away for any second.

Yongsun, in all her glory, was standing in front of Byulyi... in a wedding dress.

Time stopped around Byulyi, as she checked out the Cinderella gown that did a wonderful job in accentuating her slim figure. Part of her hair was braided and was decorated by little flowers and a very bright tiara attaching to the veil behind her. Their eyes meet, and Byulyi's immediately watered. Yongsun's orbs were gazing back at her, shining brightly like there were a million stars in it, with a smile that could never be anything else but happiness.

This was her bride. Yongsun was hers and hers only. 

And before she knew it, Byulyi got down on her knees and sobbed.

Yongsun was startled and ins

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter