Second month

Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byulyi liked to believe she could still work with her full potential and handle the usual amount of work. Until her morning sickness hit and she regretted a little for not listening properly to Park Chaeyoung, her friend and an obstetrician, during the last check-up. Constant fatigue and stress didn't help her at all either.

Like the definition, her sickness often came in the early morning, and no matter how Byulyi tried, she couldn't prevent them from affecting her productivity. Today was no exception. When the nauseous feeling had died down a little, she leaned herself on the sink and try to meditate her breath. Exhausted, the blonde internally groaned when her wristwatch showed half past seven in time, meaning she only got thirty minutes to rest before leaving the house. Knowing that there was no way she could digest anything at the moment, she took a quick shower and headed straight to the company with an empty stomach.

- Are you alright? - Hyejin - her colleague and college junior asked right when she walked with a handful of stuff into their shared office.

- You have been excessively yawning in every meeting we took part in recently, and your face's as pale as a ghost. Do you have insomnia or something? - The short-haired girl glared at the woman currently putting her head down on the desk.

- I'm fine. The workload these days is awful though, so I'm a bit worn out. - Byulyi slowly raised her head up.

Hyejin let out a sigh. - I knew it. You didn't even bother to get that hamburger in our company's canteen that you're head over heels for. So that's why I bought one for you.

Byulyi slightly frowned, but smiled anyways as the younger woman handed her the paper bag, not having the heart to reject it. She originally planned to pass by the canteen to buy something to eat later, but then she suddenly remembered that an urgent document was waiting, and the atmosphere there was far from pleasant; thus, she stayed in the office to work until almost the end of lunch break, right before Hyejin came back.

The smell of food almost made her gag. Byulyi immediately closed the hamburger bag that was just opened for half a second and pushed it towards the younger woman.

- I, uh, I had lunch. No no, the burger hasn't gone off. - Byulyi was quick to clarify when she saw the total confusion on her face. - I have some digestive problems so I'm not in the mood for food right now. The break is over anyways, shall we go back to work?

- Hmm... okay. - She narrowed her eyes at her before nodding. - Can I get you some warm tea?

- Good idea, thank you. - Byulyi was undeniably touched at her friend's gesture. The feeling of wanting to throw up unexpectedly tugged at her chest, and she ran out of the room to Hyejin's surprise.

"If I hadn't knew about her attraction to women, I would have thought she's pregnant," was what Hyejin thought while making the tea.

***

Concerning the possibility of losing the child at such an unstable state, Byulyi and Yongsun decided that for now they wouldn't disclose this information to anyone except for Yongsun's parents. Mr. Kim acted like he was going to have a grandchild himself; Yonghee - the doctor's older sister, who happened to be a fashion designer - volunteered to personally tailor her some future maternity dresses; Mrs. Kim on the other hand promised to send Byulyi lots and lots of nutritious food through Yongsun and would visit her often when they were allowed to.

- Our youngest daughter Kim Byulyi is going to be a mother. - Mr. Kim's hearty laugh from the other line made the couple giggle. - Hey little Yong, you'd better take good care of those two, I will personally kick your if she loses even just a single hair strand.

- Dad! - The psychiatrist whined.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter