Seventh month

Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rays of sunlight snuck through the loosely closed curtains, dancing and jumping on the burgundy blanket covering the two sleeping figures. More precisely, Yongsun had woken up for a while but chose to lay still on their bed, silently admiring the serene features on the person beside her. If what happened last night had been a dream, then she prayed whoever up there to never pull her out of this bliss.

Suddenly remembering something, Yongsun sneaked into the blanket, face to face with Byulyi's clothed belly. She placed her hand on it and cooed:

- Hi sweetie. I should probably do this later since I may wake your mother up but I really can't wait. I don't know why but I successfully court your mama, yay! - Yongsun slightly giggled at her own childlike-ness. - My words still stand, except that I will love you to the moon and back, like how I will always love your mama, from now on till forever.

- Promise? - Said a sleepy Byulyi, and she shuddered a little because the younger's morning voice sounded incredibly y.

- No. - She joked. The brown-haired woman cracked an eye open, looking at her in confusion. Yongsun lied down again beside Byulyi.

- I don't like promises. I only promise to do responsibilities I'm forced to fulfill. Loving and being there for you is my privilege that I wouldn't trade for the world. - Yongsun smiled gently, reached out to tuck a strand of hair behind Byulyi's ear. The lawyer sighed in content.

- I still can't believe I'm now your woman.

- Neither can I.

- So... are we now, uh, lovers?

- If you want to. - Yongsun grinned. 

She returned the smile, hugged Yongsun's face and caressed her cheeks. The chubby cheeks she never ceased to adore.

- Do you think we could have confessed to each other sooner? Like, everyone else noticed there're something between us before we even realized ourselves.

- Don't you see that we were never single at the same time until like, a year ago? - answered Yongsun matter-of-factly. - Now that I think again, indeed there have been some subtle signs, but this moment is the most suitable one. You start to embark on a new journey, I'm welcomed in your life with something more special than what we have ever had with each other. An interesting start for a new chapter, isn't it?

Byulyi didn't say anything else, instead reached out her hand with a blissful smile. Yongsun immediately rested her head on her arm, moving a little so as not to touch her belly, and the two enjoyed the warmth radiating from each other as they cuddled tightly.

***

Byulyi started having fascinating dreams, so fascinating it sometimes became a little bizarre. Almost every breakfast, after gulping down a glass of the green smoothie that she had learned to make and - to her own amazement - started to like, she would ramble on and on about what she remembered to Yongsun. She wouldn't know how her animated talk made her girlfriend even begin waiting for mornings to come despite having to go to work after that, but that was a different story.

The dream that stood out the most to both of them was one that they considered Byulyi's contraception dream, which had a beautiful winged small girl with a halo smiling at the younger woman before flying up against the clouds. Both women didn't understand what it really meant, but they decided

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter