Chapter 09

Deer You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] 09 [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Dear Darkness  [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3] The Warmth [/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4] "Is this why Yougnbae oppa loves the library so much?" Yoona was seated beside Jiyong, looking around her surrounding. It might due to the timing, the library is almost empty and quiet. All that could be heard was the typing on keyboards and the flipping of pages. "And I didn't know you come to the library to study, such an eye-opener Kwon Jiyong."

 

"I'm sure you are not here to chit-chat with me, Im Yoona?" Jiyong has halted his typing, turned to his right, looking at Yoona who has been here for more than 10 minutes but she hasn't taken out anything from her bag.

 

"Tsk, are you my professor? You totally sound like one." Yoona scowled and let out a loud whisper, "Yeah yeah, you do your stuff and I'm going to START studying now!"

 

"Miss, we are in the library, please lower down your volume." Jiyong was totally having fun teasing her, smiling inwardly. It doesn't seem so bad to have Yoona around while he is studying after all.

 

Yoona rolled her eyes at him, not wanting to involve in the childish fight that he has initiated. Yoona took out her laptop and started working on her report on different cases and is trying her best to ignore the presence of Jiyong who was beside her. Yoona has a bad habit whenever she's studying, she will always mumble softly to herself the content as if it will help her to memorize it better. Since they were in a quiet environment aka a library, JIyong who was beside her could hear everything.

 

"Heon Geon, five-year-old boy... Passed out while blowing a balloon and was taken to the ER... according to the CT angiography that was given, we suspect that it may be Moyamoya disease... Moyamoya disease is a chronic and progressive condition... of the arteries in the brain, narrowing of these blood vessels... that leads to blockage can eventually cause and seizures. To get a better view, Transfermoral cerebral angiography should be arranged... The cause for this disease..... genetic?" Yoona was starting to get unsure as she goes on.

 

"There is a good chance that children will get Moyamoya disease if their parents have it. However, not all of them do, so it's not entirely genetic." Jiyong who has been listening to her mumbles easily gave her the answer that she was pondering on.

 

"Kwon Jiyong, are you sure you are a law student? Do you want to join me in my course?"

 

"What do we have to watch out for the most, if we were handling such cases?" Jiyong completely ignores her response, throwing her another question instead.

 

"We can't let the child cry. If he cries and yells, it'll constrict the blood vessel in his brain and thus lower the blood flow to his brain, which will result in a seizure of hemiplegia."

 

"What's a Hemiplegia?"

 

"Hemiplegia is a condition, caused by a brain injury that results in varying degrees of weakness, stiffness, and lack of control in one side of the body," Yoona answers confidently as she types on her laptop, thinking that she finally knows something that Jiyong doesn't.

 

"What a book answer~ tsk tsk~" Jiyong shook his head, "You have to be very careful while taking the child's CT. Calm him down before you take it, if it doesn't work, you should...?"

 

That wasn't the reaction that Yoona has expected from Jiyong but she still complies when Jiyong starts asking questions again.

 

"If it doesn't work, you might have to give him Pocral. It's safest to put the child to sleep. " Yoona shot his head from the laptop and look at Jiyong, "I know this, Mr. Kwon Jiyong, and tell me why am I answering your questions?"

 

"Because you need answers from me?" Jiyong chuckles, "Be grateful that my mum is a doctor, if not you will never get free rides like this~"

 

"Yeah yeah, I should buy Auntie Kwon a meal soon then~" Yoona shrugged her shoulder, "Don't you think it's funny how my dad is a lawyer but I'm in medical school. And your mum is a doctor but you are studying law, how ironic."

 

"Right, my mum always jokes about how you should have been her daughter and I should go over to your place, as Uncle Kwon's son instead." Jiyong recalled the conversation that he had with his mum a few days back, "And she will have two daughters while Uncle Kwon will have two sons."

 

"I am not sure about your mum but as for my dad, he will definitely go crazy with two sons." Yoona shuddered a little at the thought of it, "Daughters are the best."

 

Without knowing, since the two of them are in their own world, they didn't notice that the students that were originally sitting around them are going off one by one. They were focusing on their report and the lights suddenly went off, Yoona was startled but the first thing she did was to hit the save button before she took off her earpiece and looking at Jiyong with a face of confusion. When the lights went off, Jiyong looked around and it finally dawned on him that they were the only ones left.

 

"What happened?" Yoona asked, knowing the obvious that Jiyong wouldn't have an answer for her since he looks confused as well.

 

"Do I look like I have any clue?" Jiyong took a look at his laptop and it was still charging well. He stood up from his seat, "I'm going to go take a look."

 

Jiyong left his seats and Yoona immediately held on to his arms, causing Jiyong to turn and look at her.

 

"You are going to leave me alone here?... In the dark?..."

 

Jiyong let out a defeated chuckle at her question, totally knowing what she was implying.

 

Could someone please tell him what he should do with this girl in front of him?

 

☾☾☾☾☾

 

Who would have known, Yoona was scared of the dark. She was walking behind Jiyong, holding onto his jacket as they walk towards the entrance. The automatic door was obviously locked so is the manual door on the side.

 

"It's locked?" Yoona peeked her head from the back, asking the obvious.

 

"Yeah," Jiyong looke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter