Chapter 11

Deer You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] 11 [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Dear Courage [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3] The Smallest Things [/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4] "There's a big event today that I didn't know of?" Yoona asked the moment she steps into Jiyong's car, this was the next time they met after the encounter in the afternoon. "Since when did Auntie Kwon cooks? Dami unnie's boyfriend is visiting your place?"

 

"Can you ask one question at a time?" Jiyong shook his head and reach over to pull the seatbelt for her, "Are you too used to motorbikes that you have forgotten how to wear a seatbelt?"

 

Yoona was not even flustered when Jiyong did that, it was so normal to her and she is so used to it. The only time when she gets to sit in the passenger seat is when she is in Jiyong's car, she doesn't have the habit of wearing a seatbelt at the back seats.

 

"So Auntie Kwon is really cooking tonight? I have never tried Auntie Kwon's cooking before!" Yoona seemed a little excited, "Now that I have taken the motorbike a couple of times, it doesn't seem as bad as I thought it was."

 

"You can say so? We are just going back for dinner, why are you asking so many questions?" Jiyong casually avoided Yoona's second comment and rolled his eyes.

 

"You are the one who came out of nowhere and told me that we are going to your place for dinner," Yoona glared at Jiyong, "So, I should have the right to ask questions, am I right? Lawyer Kwon?"

 

"You are getting fiercer and fiercer each time I see you," Jiyong snorted, "Look what have Im Siwan done to you~"

 

"Oh~ What's that sourness in the tone? Is someone mad that I have no time to play with him anymore?" Yoona reaches out to the audio system, tuning in to her favorite radio channel. "I am still mad at you, Kwon."

 

"What did I do?" Jiyong looked at Yoona for a brief moment before focusing back on the road.

 

Yoona did not answer and there was a comfortable silence before the radio DJ's voice could be heard after all the commercials.

 

/Good evening! This is Wendy's Youngstreet! How did everyone's day go? Are you on the train, squeezing with commuters during the peak hour, eagerly rushing home to your family? Or are you in the car with your lover, heading back home for a warm home-cook meal? Whichever it is, I hope everyone had a fulfilling day and now it is the time to put down everything and relax with me, WanD! We will listen to a song before getting back to the main corner, for those who are driving now, please always be careful and alert, now playing traffic light by Paul Kim./

 

There was a pause after the music starts playing from the stereo in the car, Yoona cleared before looking out of the window. The sun was setting in orange hues, Yoona's smiles immediately crept on her face as she faces the scenery. Sunsets bring back quite a few important memories for Yoona, the first sunsets that she vividly remembers were when she was young, heading to the beach with her parents and her sisters. Then the time came, her parents divorced and Yoona and her sisters ended up following their dad. She remembers that her dad was driving past the sunset after breaking the news to them.  There were a few fond memories with sunsets as she was growing up, when she broke up with her first boyfriend, it was also around the evening, when the sun was setting. The most recent will be with Jiyong, Yoona chuckled at the thought of it.

 

"What are you laughing at?" Jiyong asked, "I didn't know the sunset can be so funny?"

 

"Do you remember that time when you found me at the beachside when I 'disappeared' on you guys? It was also around this timing when the sun was setting so beautifully." Yoona asked without taking her eyes off the scene in front of her.

 

"Of course, you got us worried sick," Jiyong recalled the incident almost immediately, he was the most worried out of everyone. "If you dare to disappear without any notice, you will really get it from me."

 

Yoona was still in her freshman year at that point, it was only a few months into university life. Something unpleasant happened during school hours, more specifically, during her practical. It was just a split second when she lost her focus and the knife in her hands slipped off, the blood spurt all over her and causes her to freeze on the spot. Even though this was just a practice, that slip of hands could immediately endanger the patient's life. The professor got mad and told her off in front of the entire class as if she wasn't feeling bad enough. After this practical, she ditched all her remaining classes and turned off her phone, heading to god knows where.

 

"How did you even know where I was?" Yoona was still fascinated at this point in time, "You even had a chocolate chiffon cake with you when you found me."

 

"And that caused you to burst into laughter the moment you saw it didn't it?" Jiyong smiled as he was also recalling back at the same memory, "You always loved the sea, especially during sunsets. You probably didn't realize but you talked about it pretty frequently, I wasn't running around like the others when I first heard that you went missing from Yuri. Instead, I went to the nearest bakery to buy your favorite chocolate chiffon cake, thinking that it will probably make you feel better."

 

"And you were so sure that you can find me?"

 

"If you didn't know, there is only one beach around our neighborhood." Jiyong reminded Yoona and pointed at the sunset, "And as expected, I found you sitting on the stones near the shore, staring intently at the sunset which was similar to this."

 

Jiyong made a left turned after the third traffic light and the beautiful sunset was replaced by buildings after buildings, it only takes a split second to change something. Even the prettiest thing on earth disappears when the time comes. Even the most precious thing doesn't last.

 

☾☾☾☾☾

 

"Omma we are back!"

 

"Oh Yoona, you are here~" Auntie Kwon went in for a hug the moment she saw Yoona, leaving out Jiyong who was standing awkwardly beside the two ladies, "I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter