Chapter 08

Deer You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] 08 [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Dear Confession [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3] The Revelation [/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4] "I didn't know we are walking out from the group like this." Yoona spoke up as the pair took a seat in a Korean restaurant that Siwan had chosen.

 

Throughout the ride to the restaurant, Yoona was in all silence and Siwan didn't want to break her thoughts. They had a quiet ride, all they could hear was the sound of the gushing wind as the bike went forward, a few horns here and there on the road. It almost felt therapeutic for Yoona, using this chance to clear her mind at the same time. She wondered if the expression on Jiyong's face earlier on was supposed to mean something.

 

"I told you, you are sparing me some of your time if I win the race today."

 

Siwan, being a gentleman, poured a cup of water from the jar that was already on the table. Since they were still in the midst of Winter, Siwan stood up with the cup of water and walked towards the water dispenser, to add some hot water before passing the cup to Yoona.

 

"Thanks oppa," Yoona smiled as she took over the cup, rubbing her hands over the cup for some warmth before taking a sip. "Since you are treating, I'm not going to restrain myself~"

 

"Yeah yeah, order all you want." Siwan chuckled at the sight of Yoona being all excited when it comes to food, before flipping the menu.

 

As they were waiting for the dishes after ordering, Yoona suddenly thought of something and was looking at Siwan with a serious expression.

 

"Why? There's something on my face?"

 

"Anni, oppa." Yoona called out seriously, "I'll take the skate and this meal as an advanced birthday present, don't you dare to buy me anything on that day! I'm not going to accept it."

 

Of course, even though Yoona was elated with the present that she received from that 'deal', with some conscience that was left in her, she felt bad for Siwan. A thousand dollar skate and this meal in a fancy Korean restaurant were good enough as a birthday present for a good few years. Since Yoona's birthday was coming up the following month, she thought it would be a good idea to bring this up.

 

"But a deal is a deal, you did me a favor and I'm repaying with that pair of skates." Siwan shook his head, not wanting to agree to Yoona's terms. "It's a win-win."

 

"It's not just any gift but a thousand-dollar skates!" Yoona pouted, "I can't believe you really bought it."

 

"Aye stop lying, you never actually thought about that when you asked for it, am I right?" Siwan saw through her lie, "Come on, let's not argue over this. I have bought a gift in return for a deal and you will still get a gift on your birthday. The end of the story."

 

"Bu-"

 

"Here are your dishes, enjoy and let us know if there's anything else."

 

Before Yoona got the chance to rebut, the waiter came at the right timing to serve their dishes. Yoona swallowed back her words and could only glare at Siwan, while Siwan shrugged his shoulder, letting out a smile of victory.

 

☾☾☾☾☾

 

Since the restaurant was near Yoona's place, the both of them thought it would be a good idea to take a walk back, while enjoying a cone ice cream as dessert, even though it was almost minus degrees outside. On the way back, it was Yoona who was blabbering, talking about random stuff with Siwan on the side, listening to her blabbers. Throughout the walk, Siwan was in his own world, trying to phrase his words into sentences, going through again and again in his head. Unknowingly, they were right outside of Yoona's place and Yoona had been calling him to grab his attention.

 

"Oppa. Oppa?"

 

"E-Eh?"

 

"We are here!" Yoona beamed, "Thanks for the meal and for sending me back!"

 

"Thanks for sparing me your precious time and for the ice cream?" Siwan smiled.

 

"Come on! My ice cream treat is nothing compared to your treats." Yoona was feeling the cold after chunking down the ice cream as she hugged herself closer, "It's getting chilly, have a safe ride back home oppa."

 

"Yoona ah."

 

Before Yoona could turn around, Siwan called out and catch hold of her arms. Yoona titled her head a little, waiting for Siwan to continue his sentence.

 

"I hope this doesn't come out as a surprise for you and I'm not trying to be rude or anything." Siwan let out a sigh and continued his sentences, "I like you Im, not the sister brother kind of feelings. I'm saying this out because I don't wish to hide it anymore, I want to be able to freely express my affections for you. I have known you for almost 2 years and I'm not saying this just for the sake of it, but you are a charming girl, you have your ways around things, making people around you comfortable."

 

Siwan let out a smile while Yoona was a little startled, looking at Siwan with her big doe eyes. It was then, when it dawned on Yoona, the words that Jieun was telling her earlier in the afternoon.

 

"I'm not asking you to be m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter