Chapter 06

Deer You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] 06 [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Dear Feelings  [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3] The Suppression [/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4] "To end off with today's practical, we will be going through Case Number 2021 - GD530." The professor spoke up as everyone got into their place in the courtroom, after the trial practical that lasted for an hour.

 

A few gasps could be heard in the court, frantic pace of flipping of pages could be heard.

 

Instead of going through Case Number 2005 - YA818 that I know most of you prepared for, I will be randomly selecting a student to answer the questions that are relating to the case that I have selected. I'll give everyone 10 mins to read through the source."

 

The courtroom was then filled with an urgent whisper, while everyone was hoping that it will not be them while busy flipping the pages. It was an impromptu session, instead of going through the court practice that was started by the professor before school started, the professor was asking them to look at a whole new case on the spot.

 

"Female A and Male B were in a relationship. A was indicted for inflicting serious injuries on B during their heated argument about a video of their . However, A insists that she acted in self-defense while trying to stop B from disseminating the video." The professor looked around the room and could see that almost half of the students were avoiding his glances. The only student who was looking in his direction was neatly dressed in a suit with a simple monotone tie, his dark browned hair was neatly combed as well. "Kwon Jiyong, What is the main issue?"

 

"The main issue it's whether or not the video was recorded secretly." Jiyong spoke up without hesitation, "That statement alone is not enough for A to claim she acted in self-defense. Hence, the issue also revolves around whether he tried to disseminate the video."

 

"If you look at the statement in line 4, why does the prosecutor disagree?"

 

"After watching the video, A neither got angry at B nor told him to delete the video. When B texted A and asked if A had watch it, she wrote back 'yeah' instead of 'yes'.

 

"What's wrong with writing 'yeah' instead of 'yes'?"

 

"'yeah' connotes closeness. It is not a reaction expected from someone who's shocked after watching such a video."

 

"What is another reason they think the video wasn't recorded secretly?"

 

"That is because A's statements were not consistent. Initially, she said it was because she feared retaliation. But then, she said it was because she loved B."

 

"So, does it mean that the lack of consistency means she wasn't and knew about the video?"

 

"Yes."

 

"Do you agree?"

 

"The Supreme Court recently quashed the acquittal of a ual assault assailant, granted due to victim's inconsistent statements. The reason was that a little bit of inconsistency does not mean her arguments and their credibility can be nullified. Also, the victim's extraordinary circumstances weren't considered-"

 

"Then, what are A's extraordinary circumstances in this case?"

 

"It is the fact that A was by the man A was engaged to and loved."

 

"So intimate partner is different from other types of ual assault? How's it different?" The professor threw another question but before Jiyong could continue, "We will wrap up the class here with this question that I have posted and continue it next week. It will be another student who will be answering this question, please be prepared. You guys are dismissed. "

 

A few groans were heard as most of them thought that they could get over this case since Jiyong was the one who got aimed in the class. The students were getting out of the courtroom one by one.

 

"Right, Kwon Jiyong." The professor called out for Jiyong before he could leave the room, "You're not getting picked next week doesn't mean that you can have your hair dyed in those vibrant colors. We will be conducting the lesson in the courtroom."

 

Daesung who was seated beside Jiyong overheard the professor, he hit Jiyong on his arms and was teasing him about it. Jiyong nodded his head before rolling his eyes at Daesung.

 

Kang Daesung, one of Jiyong's closest friends ever since they were young. Even though they went to different high schools, they were still in contact and still met up frequently. They ended up knowing that they were in the same school, the same faculty when they saw each other at the orientation. Even though Daesung kept pestering Jiyong, wanting to know which school he got into. However, Jiyong will not give him an answer and kept saying that he doesn't want to be in the same school as Daesung.

 

"Yah Kwon Jiyong, heard that?" Daesung was trying to keep his laughter in, "Don't dye your hair~"

 

"Are you courting death, Kang Daesung?" Jiyong threatened as he packed his stuff.

 

"Of course not~ Just reminding you how popular you are, even the professors know about your chameleon hair colors~"

 

"Shut up~ Says the one who went blonde during the holidays." Jiyong took a look at his phone and there were 10 unread messages from Yoona.

 

"Keyword, holidays." Daesung shook his head, "Yah, I heard that you are joining that track competition? Seems like the two of you are going to snatch the limelight on that day~"

 

It's been a week or so since that day at the ice rink where Jiyong and Yoona made the bet. It was the day after where the news was spread around the school and the clique was bombarding Jiyong with questions, asking if he is serious about it. Youngbae even told Yoona that the pigs were going to fly on the day of the competition.

 

"By

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter