Chapter 07

Deer You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] 07 [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Dear Gift [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3] The Skates [/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4] "Yah Yah Im, what is there to rush?"

 

Yoona pushed her way through the main door, hurriedly took off her shoes, wanting to rush up to her room as fast as possible. To be only stopped by Mr. Im, grabbing onto her bag. Yoona was in a rush, she didn't even realize that there was another pair of shoes at the entrance.

 

"Appa, Siwan oppa came by earlier right?" Yoona was all smiles, "It's in my room?"

 

"Yeah, he dropped by in the morning," Mr. Im eyed Yoona suspiciously, "What did you bribe Siwan this time round? Another gift when it's not yet your birthday?"

 

"Appa! What do you treat me as~ Siwan oppa bought it willingly!" Yoona pouted and ran up the stairs."It's something appa will never buy for me!"

 

Even though Yoona was already in University, but when it comes to her close ones, she still acts as if she's a little kid, winning her way through everything.

 

"That's because you keep misplacing them!"

 

When Yoona reached the second level, two pairs of eyes were staring at her, while they stood beside the door. Hyunsik's room was just right across Yoona's, the both of them were holding onto the game controllers while staring at Yoona. One was staring at her without any expression and the other one had his teasing mode .

 

"You guys scared me!" Yoona took a step back when she met the gazes of the two, "What are the two of you doing?"

 

"Noona, did you forget to inform us about something?"

 

"Mwuh? What are you talking about?"

 

"Aye, stop hiding!" Hyunsik softly slapped her arms and whispered into her ears, "You're dating Siwan Hyung aren't you?"

 

"Mwuh?! What nonsense are you sprouting this time round?" Yoona slapped his arms as she glanced towards Jiyong's direction, it was that expression that she was so familiar with, that stoic expression. "Yah, why do you look as if you want to kill someone? Just lost a round of the game to Hyunsik?"

 

That question was directed to Jiyong and as expected she did not get any response from him. It's either he didn't bother answering it or maybe it's because Hyunsik interrupted.

 

"Then why will Siwan Hyung send you a gift~ Sending you home and you even hugged him before you came in." Hyunsik was so proud of his "claims" while the other person's face turned even darker.

 

"It's nothing of that sort you brat!" Yoona pinched his sides and suddenly remembered about the gifts, "Not going to waste my time arguing with you. You guys have fun~"

 

Yoona took a look at Jiyong before she rushed towards her room, closing the door with a thud. When Yoona saw the box on the ground, she broke into a smile. Siwan didn't even bother to wrap the item. She quickly threw her bag on the floor, picking up the penknife that was on her table and rushed to open the box. It was a pair of skates that she has been eyeing for the longest time. It wasn't just any other skates, it was the limited edition pair that John Wilson, the most famous ice skate brand, had a collaboration with Edea, one of the rising brands among the skaters recently.

 

Yoona did bring this up to her dad when the news first came out, showing her puppy eyes but her dad rejected her idea almost immediately. The reason he gave was that Yoona loses her skates almost once every few months. With Yoona's pocket money, she could easily get a pair without blinking her eyes. However, her dad warned her and told her that he doesn't wish to see her getting that pair of shoes with her own pocket money. That was why when Siwan offered to buy her a pair, she was elated. Her dad couldn't say anything about it since it was a gift from someone else.

 

Yoona squealed as she took out the skate from the packaging, trying them on almost immediately.

 

Knock knock

 

"Come in!" Yoona's replied in a high tone, looking up to the door to only see Jiyong peeking in.

 

"Oppa!" Yoona gave him the biggest smile, "Look at these! Aren't they pretty! It is the pair that I told you about just a few weeks back if you don't remember~"

 

Jiyong walked in, closing the door with a soft thud. Yoona was sitting on the floor, with her legs stretched out, admiring the pair of new skates that fit her feet perfectly. Jiyong took a look at the pair of skate, he gave a frown but that frown disappeared almost immediately.

 

"Oppa, do you think the school's ice rink is still open?" Yoona was busy admiring her skates as she asked the question without looking up, "Or is there somewhere else I could go? I really want to try them out right now!"

 

"So this is the deal that you and Siwan made? So that you could get me on the list?" Jiyong asked.

 

"Uh huh, if not for this pair of skates, why do you think I would make a deal with him?" Yoona shrugged her shoulders, "You know I always lose at such bets, except for that time that I won on the ice rink."

 

"Do you have to keep harping on that bet? It wasn't fair since the start, you know it."

 

"Whatever~ The conclusion is that I won~" Yoona chuckled,

 

"Come on, let's go." Jiyong pulled Yoona up from the ground, "You probably want to take off those skates first."

 

"Where are we going?"

 

"Didn't you just ask me if I know any ice rinks that are open now?" Jiyong looked at Yoona with amusement, "Hurry, before it closes for the day."

 

"Assa! Jiyong oppa is the best!"

 

Yoona squealed in excitement with her doe eyes lighted up, before taking off her skates, linking her arms with Jiyong as they left the room.

 

☾☾☾☾☾

 

"Tell me why are we always at the rink whenever we meet?" Jiyong opened the gates with the key, "This will be the first and the last time I'll do this Im. Both of us could get into trouble if we were to get caught!"

 

"You know the rink is my favorite place~" Yoona squealed, "There's nothing the formidable Kwon Jiyong can't do~ Even though I am on the school team, there's no way I could get the keys like this!"

 

"Count yourself lucky!" Jiyong opened the door, "Make it a quick one. Can't believe I am doing this just for you to test out your new skates."

 

"You're the best! Thank you~" Yoona wrapped her arms around Jiyong's, rubbing her cheeks against his arms cutely before running into the rink.

 

Then there was Jiyong, who froze on the spot at her little action, before coming back to his sense when Yoona shouted for his name. Jiyong could only put away all his thoughts aside, before joining her at the side of the rink.

 

Yoona was having fun testing out her new skates, she was all smiling while she was on the ice. Her smiles were infectious, crescent eyes as she skated towards Jiyong. Jiyong who was standing by the side, couldn't help to have a little grin crept up his face.

 

"Are you that happy? It's just a pair of skates!"

 

"Of course! They are soooo good! It's a pair of skates that cost almost a thousand..." Yoona suddenly felt bad, "I mean I could have bought it with my own money if appa didn't forbid it... Do you think there's a hole in Siwan oppa's pocket right now?"

 

"Forget it Im, you only thought about this after you have received the gift? Too late~" Jiyong shuddered a little at the coldness, "Are you done?"

 

"Arasso arasso, you sound like an old grandpa whenever you nag." Yoona rolled her eyes before smiling cheekily, rushing away on her skates, "One more round!"

 

Jiyong could only let out an empty chuckle,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter