Chapter 10

Deer You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] 10 [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Dear Feelings  [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3] The Beginning [/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4] "Wow Yoong, what's wrong with your face?"

 

"There's something on my face?" Yoona subconsciously touched her face, before she sat down and stared at Jieun blankly.

 

"Yes, tiredness." Jieun shooked her head, "What did you do last night? Did you went to rob a bank?"

 

"Got trapped in the library for the entire night," Yoona yawned and stretches her neck, "Who knows the library will be down for maintenance?"

 

Yoona was at the nearby canteen with Jieun, having their breakfast before heading for their classes. Jieun is the only early bird in their clique, if Yoona were to ask any of them out for breakfast at this timing, they will think that she is mad.

 

"Trapped in the library?" Jieun exclaimed, "Have never heard of such excuses before. If you went for a date, just say you went for a date~"

 

"Mwuh? What are you talking about?" Yoona frowned, "I was legit trapped in the library."

 

"Don't you lie, you NEVER EVER study in the library." Jieun snickered, "Trying to fool me? Not so easy~"

 

"Believe it or not, I'm speaking the truth."

 

Yesterday night ended with Yoona's question, un-answered by Jiyong. After that, both of them studied in silence as if the library was not quite enough. They were minding their own business until Yoona fell asleep when she couldn't take it anymore. When she was woken up by her alarm, Jiyong was not there anymore. Jiyong was probably the one who set the alarm, draped his jacket around Yoona, and left without waking her up.

 

"Just say you went on a date with Jiyong oppa, what's so difficult?" Jieun snickered, "Find a better excuse next time."

 

"Mwuh?" One statement from Jieun and all the sleepiness went out of Yoona's body, she was just staring at Jieun with her wide doe eyes.

 

"Don't look at me as if I could read your mind, don't worry I can't." Jieun laughed and sipped on the packet of strawberry milk before pointing to the jacket on top of Yoona's bag, "Chess club team jacket, I don't think you know anyone else from the chess club except for Jiyong."

 

"Ohhh..."

 

"Is that your reply? Aren't you suppose to spill some tea right now?"

 

"Oh, Siwan confessed to me yesterday."

 

"Mwuh?!" Jieun almost choked on her strawberry milk. Yoona looked at her with a plain expression, handing her a napkin.

 

"You didn't hear wrongly and I am not out of my mind." Yoona stirred the bowl of soup mindlessly, "You guessed it right, he does have feelings for me. Of course, I didn't give him a reply on the spot but he was saying that he will not hesitate to show his feelings anymore and asked me to give it a serious thought."

 

"So that is why he pulled you away during dinner that night?" Jieun eyes went wide, "Wow, that is a bold move coming from Siwan... I thought Ji-"

 

"Yeah, like what you say, I was being dense to my surrounding." Yoona cuts her off.

 

"So you are giving him a chance?"

 

"Why not? I don't detest him and he is a good guy." Yoona shrugged her shoulders, "Wouldn't you give it a try if you were in my shoes?"

 

"That depends." Jieun stood up and took her bag, she has better things to do now. "Im Yoona~ You're still as dense as ever~ When will you see it?"

 

That was her last sentence, before leaving Yoona at the cafeteria, wondering the meaning behind that sentence.
 

☾☾☾☾☾


"You suggesting that we should withdraw his testimony?"

 

"Yes. This cross-examination is pointless now that we can't trust his testimony." Jiyong replied with confidence.

 

"It is pointless? To the defendant, it's not. That is why you are doing this." Jiyong's opposition was clearly not buying his word.

 

"Even after taking an oath, to tell the truth, he tried to lie. Hence it should be withdrawn."

 

"The witness is already being cross-examined. You can't just nullify the whole thing."

 

"The cross-examination hasn't been completed." Jiyong fought back, making clear of his stance even though he was slighting wavering, wondering if he had made the right approach.

 

"But the witness said he indeed saw the sugar packet. Which was an important witness that we have been trying to find all this while."

 

"He tried to lie to us that he killed the victim. How do we trust him?"

 

"Well, he has no reason to lie about the sugar packet."

 

"Because, if that was also a lie, he will be prosecuted for perjury," Jiyong answered confidently, before taking a seat, giving a sign that he has finished his part.

 

There was a moment of silence and a few mumblings from the other students. Everyone thought Jiyong was about to win this round again until his opposition's partner spoke up once again.

 

"As the prosecutor mentioned, the cross-examination isn't over yet. Witness testimony should be considered as a whole." He stood up and stared right into Jiyong's eyes, "So even if the witness gave a false statement, it is not considered perjury if the witness withdraws or corrects the statement during the examination."

 

The entire courtroom went a few degrees lower as the opposition spoke up. Turned out, he is Jiyong's 'enemy' in terms of academic wise. Jiyong and he is in the same batch, and ever since they have entered the university, Jiyong has been holding onto the 1st place while he falls shortly behind him, in the 2nd place.

 

"Do you need me to tell you the case number?" He provoked Jiyong when he saw Jiyong did not provide a rebuttal to his statement.

 

His partner took this as a chance to take over and continue to push further.

 

"That was my point. If the part about the sugar packet is also false, he may withdraw it." Then, he directed his attention to the witness, "Witness, would you like to withdraw it?"

 

"Your Honor. I request this to be aborted." Jiyong cut his opposition off, "He gave a false

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter