⚕ Director Jung

Your Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
⚕: Taehyung.2018

“To our skilled new Associate Yoon!” Doctor Jin held up a glass at a private room at a hotel. He was told the entire VIP medical crew was there, about 30 people in total, save some of the older members who probably went home to their families. Everyone brought their cups together. There were several investors of different ages mingling there as well. 

“Don’t forget handsome either.” Nurse Lee continued cutely. They all drank and Taehyung could overhear that the focus of most conversations was him. 

“Do you think he’s better looking or Director Jung?”  Taehyung heard some nurses gossiping.

He honestly didn’t want to be here, but Namjoon had convinced him that it was important for him to make connections with the other medical staff and investors.

“You don’t look like you’re enjoying your welcome party.” Taehyung, hearing the familiar voice turned to see Doctor Oh.

Wow. She dressed up nicely, a short black cocktail dress that ran halfway up her thighs, revealing her nice figure. She was pretty, especially now that her hair was nicely combed to each side emphasizing her small face with a makeup that made her glow.

"I almost didn't recognize you without your bangs" Taehyung teased referring to the long strands of hair that had once covered her entire face.

She scowled before chuckling slightly. “Another drink?” She held out another glass of expensive whiskey.

“I’ll pass.” Taehyung knew his alcohol tolerance wasn’t great, so he decided to play it safe.

“Sorry I’m late.” In walked a tall handsome figure. He was immediately greeted by the other doctor’s and nurses. Even the investors all beamed with pride at his entrance.

He looked only slightly older than Taehyung, his strong jaw and commanding eyes were all too familiar. He was the infamous Director Jung, from the cover of every Korean medical magazine. He made his way over to the two of them wrapping one arm around Doctor Park’s waist. His eyes were protective. 

“By the way, this is my boyfriend Jung Jaehyun.” She introduced the two. Taehyung’s eyes met the taller man, it had been a long time since he had truly been intimidated by someone. “And this is the new Attending Surgeon Yoon—”

“Yoon Taehyung, I’ve heard quite a lot about you.” He reached forward and shook Taehyung’s hand with a tight grip.

His hands, Taehyung recognized them. They were hands of someone who had been in the front lines. Someone who had performed many surgeries, who worked tirelessly to accomplish his goals. “I’m sorry we had to rush you right into surgery on your first day.”

“I’m glad I could help.” Taehyung tried to play it off as no big deal. Though inside hoping to gloat slightly to raise his pride.

“I heard you caused quite the commotion in the VIP ward. Injecting methamphetamine was a risky move, I’m impressed by your knowledge to know such a thing.” Taehyung wasn’t sure what he was getting at. “In the future I hope you’ll consult me before you make a bold decision like that.”

This was it. The condescending attitude, the fake friendliness. This was a show of power. Director Jung was letting him know who was in charge. This was the political power grab that Namjoon had brought him into. Taehyung originally hadn’t been onboard with Namjoon’s plan to compete with Director Jung. But Taehyung was beginning to rethink that. What a jerk.

“Of course. My apologies.” Taehyung lied bowing his head slightly. “I’ll be sure to consult you on any future risky procedures.”

“I’d much appreciate that, this is the reputation of the hospital we’re talking about. A brash move could certainly result in issues. Especially for a doctor who doesn’t seem to have professional experience.” 

Taehyung bit his lip. Eyeing the man in front of him. Had he just called him brash? 

As if sensing the tension between the two alpha males, Chaeyoung stepped in changing the subject.

“Let me get you a drink. Do you want anything Jaehyun oppa?” Chaeyoung inquired. 

Director Jung shook his head. “I’ll take whatever.” She left the two alone for a second. 

“You seem awfully close with my girlfriend when you just met her.” Jaehyun accused in the most nonchalant voice as he could.

“Isn’t that something, a spoiled yet innocent resident whose daddy owns the hospital dating a soon to be director. How cliche.” Taehyung scoffed, getting his own snide remarks in. 

Jaehyun obviously feeling attacked leaned into his ear.

“I know your past Kim Taehyung. How you were a dirty doctor. Keep yourself and your ed up morals away from her.” He threatened.

At the mention of "dirty doctor" Taehyung grabbed Jaehyun’s wrists tightly forcing him to backup. 80 81 80 82. Jaehyun’s pulse didn’t inch. Was he even human?

“Don’t act like you know anything.” He warned in a hushed growl.

“Is everything alright?” They both leaped backwards releasing each other as Nurse Lee appeared. She focused her attention on Taehyung. 

“Would you mind meeting some of the other doctors they are eager to meet you after hearing about your miracle operation.” Noticing that this was his escape from the biased director he followed her to a group of other doctors and investors and began socializing among them.

After about 30 minutes, Taehyung was tired out, he prayed this would only be the once. He was about to leave when he felt a tap on his shoulder

“Brilliant job Doctor Yoon. I can’t believe it methamphetamine, I never would’ve even thought of that for a liver failure.” An older man with grey hair dressed in an expensive black suit commented approaching him.

“Thank you, Doctor—“ Taehyung guessed he was a doctor from his knowledge. 

“Professor Kwon.” The man introduced himself. 

The name. He was the man his father had told him about.

“You know, I had just finished my operation and I was able to catch a little of your surgery. Many of us doctors were all curious about the doctor who had randomly appeared and given orders to nurses.” The professor continued. “Let me tell you, your precision, I can’t say I’ve seen many doctors with your skills.” 

“Thank you sir.” Taehyung bowed to the older doctor. 

“You really remind me of someone, someone I used to work with a long time ago.” 

His father. 

“He was very handsome like you, but unfortunately he was kicked out of the hospital for medical malpractice.” 

What? Taehyung could barely hold in a gasp.

“Medical malpractice?” Taehyung had never heard of this before. Was this the truth? 

“Yes, I’m afraid he was a little too ambitious. Anyways the director took his side and covered it up, but after the lawsuit, the doctor left the hospital. I heard he opened up a clinic in the country.”

Taehyung nodded his head, masking whatever emotions were going on. How had his father never told him? 

There was no way. He was lying. His father always cared about his patients to the point he neglected his own family at times. 

“Anyways, after seeing your skills I have no doubt you are the future of SoMyung hospital. Us older professors are glad to see hard working young men like you furthering our hospital’s pride.” Professor Kwon praised him, patting him on the arm. 

“Just be careful. Ambition is the downfall of the most talented doctors.” 

Taehyung clenched his teeth as he walked away from the professor. This was the man, his father had asked him to meet? 

Ambition? Taehyung had none of that. He just wanted to rebuild his life… after he had lost everything, he just wanted to have one thing back.

 

 

 

Her eyes gazed lovingly down at him. Straddling him between her legs. Her arms gently resting around his neck. 

He ran his hands through her hair, ruffling the perfect long black locks that fell down the sides of her face. Rosy lips that beckoned for him to steal the alluring lipstick right off her lips.

She smiled coyly towards him, leaning towards him. He closed his eyes waiting for paradise. His lips puckering as he readied for her kiss.

Suddenly he felt a sharp pain in his heart.

He opened his eyes, she was frowning. He realized as he looked down, she had stabbed a knife directly into his heart.

Why?

“Why did you leave me?” She questioned. Rage burning in her once beautiful eyes. “Why did you break up with me?”

“Sohee. I’m sorry.”

“Why did you leave me!” 

Taehyung snapped awake. His back lifted off the bed and he sat up abruptly. Staring at the clock he realized it was only 6 am. Another nightmare. They had started when he had returned. The absence of his former lover weighing heavily on his mind.

Through his research she had completely disappeared. She had apparently never showed up for her final year at Seoul National and both her and her family had disappeared. 

They had gone on a trip, that was all he could remember. That was the day, he had broken up with her. It was the only way for her to never search for him. Yet, he found out, she had disappeared that day as well. Was it Ryo? 

No, he didn’t even know about her.

What had happened after that? Where was she? Was she even alive? 

No. He wouldn’t accept that possibility. Part of the reason he had come back was to find her. He wouldn’t accept her being dead. She was all he had. 

He quickly slid that to the back of his mind, as he prepared a protein shake for the morning. He gulped it down and exercised a little before taking a shower. At 8 am he figured Namjoon would pick him up and was surprised instead to see a mid sized sedan sitting in the parking lot. 

He checked his phone and noticed a text from Namjoon: Good job yesterday, keys are in front of your porch.

He went back to his apartment and noticed a small box tucked in the corner of the entrance. He found a set of car keys and unlocked the car. 

Truthfully, he hadn’t driven in a while, but that was a skill that didn’t take long to pick up. The car was new, nothing luxurious, but still nice nonetheless. 

It was relaxing driving to the hospital. The scenery of Gangnam quite different than the parts of Tokyo he had lived in. 

He parked in the underground garage and took the elevator. Taehyung watched as the view of the white cement through the glass interior of the elevator transitioned to the view of the modern hospital. It stopped on the first floor. 

“Associate Yoon.” Nurses Jang and Lee stood with a couple other nurses all in uniform. Taehyung nodded as they entered.

“Please I’d be more comfortable with Doctor Yoon, or just Doctor.” He answered playfully. “Associate makes me sound too important its still my first day.”

The other nurses chuckled as the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter