⚕ Janitors and miracles

Your Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
⚕: Chaeyoung

Chaeyoung stared at her phone. Should she call him? She didn’t know why she kept worrying about him. Was he alright? Was he lonely there? 

She knew he was only there for a couple of days but she still felt concern for some reason.

“He’ll be fine.” A hand patted her on the shoulder. 

She turned her head to see Taehyung, he looked handsome as always in his white doctors coat. His cute smile and warm eyes. She liked him, she was sure of it now. However, she still couldn’t find herself to tell him.

“You’re thinking about him right?” Taehyung asked. “Director Jung.”

“Ya! I’m not.” She raised her hand to slap him. However his playful grin stopped her. Moments like this, she felt so confused. Was he showing interest? Or did he really just see her as a friend?

“Anyways we have another surgery soon.” He reminded her. 

The second one today. She enjoyed operating with Taehyung as much as he and scolded her. However, sometimes she wondered if he filled himself with surgeries to hide his sadness. His warm personality hiding the hurt he still felt from his first love. 

He was open about it with her. Chaeyoung had never considered herself a player by any means but her dating history seemed full compared to him. He admitted to her he had only loved one women since he was young. Since then he had only dated that celebrity Jennie for a brief amount of time before ending it with her.

In that way he was like Jaehyun. Though they had extremely different exteriors, they both seemed to be insecure and vulnerable on the inside. She wondered if that was her type. Men with histories.

“Ya! Are you listening to me?” He scolded her condescendingly. “I said—”

“I know. I heard you.” She retorted playfully.

“Ya! Sloth! That was kind of hurtful.” He joked frowning as he walked away before spotting Nurse Lee, Nurse Jang and Nurse Oh. He smiled as they all greeted him.

She had grown close to all of them. 

She enjoyed having them as friends.

Chaeyoung wondered what the future held. Since that day, things had settled down. She was finding her own groove now. Not as the chairman’s daughter or even the Director’s girlfriend. She was finding a path now as Park Chaeyoung.

 

⚕: Jaehyun

There was a loud knock at the door. Jaehyun was sipping on a perfect Italian roast. He was in a luxury suite after all, he may as well enjoy it.

“Mr. Jung! Mr. Jung!” Jaehyun recognized the voice as the translator’s. 

He walked over, taking his time to open the door. When he did he was met by the translator along with two men in black suits and sunglasses. Jaehyun wondered what they were here for it was only 6 am. The tour was scheduled for 9 am and he had just finished packing, ready to sneak out at a moment’s notice.

“Unfortunately sir, last night the chairman suffered a .” Jaehyun gasped at the words. This hadn’t been part of the plan. “So the vice chairman has decided that it would be wisest for you to return to Korea. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.” 

Jaehyun nodded processing the situation.

“We have booked you a flight for 9am. These men will make sure you arrive safely.” He realized by their expressions that this was not an offer but a command. 

“Thank you.” He replied with a fake smile.

What had happened? Should he still continue with the plan? 

After getting dropped off at the airport, Jaehyun stared at the gate. He would board in 30 minutes. He had been staring at the time for the past hour. Preboarding would start soon.

“FLIGHT A45 FOR INCHEON, SOUTH KOREA WILL BE BEGINNING PRE BOARDING SOON.”

Should he just get on? Avoid any risks and just go home. 

No. He couldn’t, he couldn’t face Chaeyoung if he cowered away again. An idea popped into his head.

“Restroom.” He spoke as he stood up. The two men eyed him suspiciously both standing in front of him like statues. He pointed towards his s again. They both received the message and nodded.

He left towards the bathroom and noticed they were still following him from afar. This was crazy. Were they going to pee with him?

He entered into the bathroom and locked himself in a stall.

Oh my god! He was about to make a mistake. He couldn’t help but panic slightly.

He waited in there for around 20 minutes when he heard heavy footsteps enter.

'Excuse me! Sir!' They were inside the restroom now slamming their fists on the stall doors.

They reached his.

'Get this er out of here.' One shouted to the other.

He felt his body shake as he heard one of them kick the door. It wouldn’t hold forever. 

Jaehyun bit his lip, searching his mind for options. When he was sure one was about to kick down the door he reached forward towards the handle. He promptly stepped out of the way opening the door swiftly. One of the men plunged forward, his face falling directly into the toilet bowl. 

Jaehyun then proceeded to kick the other towards the wall. 

He leaped out of the stall and stood cautiously in the sink area as the two men recovered. Pissed off expressions on their faces now.

'This Jerk, let’s teach him a lesson.' One growled.

'Remember keep him alive that was the Vice chairman’s orders.' The other added on. 

Jaehyun eyed them carefully, he knew they were thugs, probably more experienced fighters. But what they didn’t know was they were looking at someone who had been bullied his whole life. 

The first man attacked him and he ducked from his punch. He then grabbed the guy’s arm and flipped him over using a judo move.

Since he was young, Jaehyun had been bullied for being poor. Bullied for spending his time just studying. Bullied for being smart.

The second figher made his move and pushed Jaehyun against the wall. Seeing the next move coming he ducked instinctively and then spun around slamming the guy headfirst towards the solid wall.

Jaehyun had learned how to fight to survive. He had worked hard to become the alpha dog that he had become in high school. 

That’s when he had changed. That’s when he had started removing his emotions. He threw pity and happiness out and climbed his way to the top. He became feared for his smarts and strength. That was when the bullying stopped. 

The first gangster had gotten up again, there was a look of rage in his eyes and Jaehyun wondered if they would really keep him in one piece now. He charged forward and grabbed Jaehyun by his coat slamming him against the sink counter.

Jaehyun reached towards one of the bowls activating the water and splashed it towards the man’s eyes. The shocked fighter released him for a second and Jaehyun kicked him again.

This time it was hard enough that the man didn’t get up. 

'This er is really making my job difficult.' The second man struggled to stand brushing himself off.

Jaehyun shrugged. This time he went on the offensive. He leaped forward kicking the guy again but he dodged. 

He braced for the counter attack but it was too late. He was punched square in the jaw and collapsed onto his back. Blood.

He felt blood in his mouth. He tried to get up, but the man quickly kicked him in the shoulder. Jaehyun crumpled onto his knees as the man circled around him. 

This wasn't good, at this rate he might actually die in a bathroom. How pathetic. He began to realize how meaningless his life had been up to now. He had been chasing after success, but now that he had it... could he really say he had ever been happy? 

The door opened again, for a second Jaehyun wondered if by some miracle had come. Police? Security? But it wasn't, instead an old janitor entered with a mop in his hands and some cheap headphones blasting music. 

The other attendant now recovering from Jaehyun’s kick, shooed the janitor away.

'I have to clean.' The janitor complained poking the mop towards the tall thug. 

'Get lost.' The other thug threatened raising his fist.

Jaehyun struggled to try and get up, noticing they were distracted. However, he was promptly pushed back down by the stronger man. 

Jaehyun stared at the janitor, wondering why there seemed to be pity in the older man’s eyes.

'I said get—' The first thug was attacked face first by a mop head. As he began to scream in pain as the soap entered his eyes. 

The second thug cursed as he attacked the old man. But the old man promptly dodged his attacks and round kicked the thug in the jaw. Before stabbing the of his mop into his side. 

Just like that both thugs were on the floor, screaming in pain. The janitor made his way to Jaehyun and held out his hand. 

Jaehyun was completely stupefied as he took the man’s hand. 

“I hate unfair fights.” The janitor replied in Chinese, as just as swiftly as he had begun his fight. He went back to mopping the loud music still blasting through his head phones. 

Jaehyun could only nod his head in gratitude before exiting the bathroom.

He walked back out into the large international terminal.

He just needed to hide for two hours it was 9am. 

He ran to the ticket counter and asked about a flight change pretending he had just missed his flight.

“Of course there is two available seats on the next 11am flight.” She answered in Chinese.

“I’ll buy them.” He answered, giving them his credit card.

Jaehyun stared at the gate waiting for about an hour and a half. He had purchased a souvenier I <3 Shanghai hat to hide his face.

But he was beginning to have his doubts about his decision. Would she even show up? 

Out of the corner of his eyes, he spotted four men in black suits along with the other two that had been beaten, searching around the airport.

. He wondered if this was it. It was 10:55, boarding had already started. He never should've trusted her. 

"Daebak, did you actually escape from them?” Jaehyun turned to see the familiar face of Doctor Shin. 

She was wearing a black hoodie to cover her face. But she still somehow looked excellent in it. “You’re stronger than you look.” He wasn't sure if she was teasing him or not. But it was a welcome sight. 

He had a little help. But decided not to say anything.

“Doctor Shin.” 

“Please call me Ryujin.” She responded as he handed her the ticket.

They both approached the ticket counter and the lady scanned each ticket. They were about to proceed through the gate when— “Wait, excuse me!” 

Jaehyun swallowed nervously, feeling uneasy as they both slowly turned around to face the lady. “You should take these with you. You’re a very cute couple.” She complimented the two, holding up their tickets.

He smiled nodding, as he felt an arm lock around his. He glanced down and saw Ryujin staring lovingly up towards him. He couldn’t lie… his heart may have skipped a beat.

“Thank you.” Ryujin thanked the lady in Chinese receving the two tickets, before urging him forward with her arm. 

They both sat near the back of the plane. Him on the window seat, her in the middle. They were the only seats left in the packed plane. Jaehyun finally let out a sigh of relief as the plane took off.

They had escaped. By some miracle and a kind janitor.

“Hey, has anyone told you, you are very attractive?” An awkward voice came from the other side of Ryujin. “Is that your boyfriend?”

She giggled fakely, before locking her arm once again around his. “Of course he is. Pretty handsome isn’t he?” 

“Ah… I see.” The young man obviously crestfallen laid back in his seat slipping on a pair of headphones.

“Happen often?” Jaehyun questioned a few seconds later when he was sure no one could hear them.

“More than you can imagine.” She sighed, once again giving him a cold shoulder.

“So seeing as I just risked my entire life and career to help you. Explain.” He ordered. He wanted answers. How had she escaped? How was she here?

“I’m tired.” She yawned her lips forming a small 'O' shape, before stretching her arms out. “Let me rest a little.” 

Jaehyun nodded hesitantly observing the large black circles around her eyes. She lay back in her seat closing her eyes.

Jaehyun stared at her, within seconds she completely knocked out.

There was a small purr coming from as she began to breathe and exhale. It was cute, he had not expected it from someone who gave off such an elegant vibe.

As the plane began to rise, her head slowly began to fall. Jaehyun watched in frustration as her tiny face found itself onto his shoulder. He was going to wake her up. But truthfully, he missed this. 

The feeling when Chaeyoung would rest her hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter