Chapter 8

My best friend's girlfriend

We were standing at the bar waiting for the second portion of cocktails when Minji lightly shoved me in the shoulder.

- Yoohyeon has her eye on you. More precisely, even both.

- What are you talking about? - I pretended not to understand what it was about. - Better tell me why they sell alcohol here, there are children right there.

- Because it is sold in a section where there are no children. Separately. And there are no strong drinks. And don't change the topic. No, really, didn't you notice how she flirts with you? Desperate, I would say.

It was the right word. Yoohyeon's flirtation would have been noticed even by a dead person. She constantly strove to be alone with me, went to all the rides where I went.

- It's scary,” I muttered. - Maybe she's some kind of maniac ...

- You yourself are a maniac,” Minji burst out laughing. “She just likes you. Isn't she interesting to you? She is beautiful, smart, and Bora said that she was a good girl. And she makes good money.

- And is it somehow connected? - I don't understand. - Do I look like a gigolo?

- No, I just remember one of your young passion, who pulled money out of you. You were very upset then.

It's true. At one time I was dating a girl who was seven years younger than me, and she constantly asked me for money. And then I found out that she has two more lovers in parallel. One of them rented an apartment for her, and the other donated a car. For a while, I was very disgusted to realize that I was just being used. 

- Thank God, this did not happen again.

- But still. Take a closer look at her. No, really, you really need to sleep with someone, - said Minji and, without waiting for my indignant tirade in response, grabbed cocktails and ran off to the girls. I sighed and went after her. Maybe she's right. And Handong keeps repeating that I need to be distracted. And Yoohyeon seems to be not bad. There is, of course, one drawback in it, but there's nothing you can do about it. She is not Bora.

***

Even though we had a lot of fun, I often noticed that Bora was somewhere in her mind. How Minji didn't notice it remained a mystery to me, but I couldn't blame my friend for not being too sensual. She rarely took hints or took into account any circumstantial circumstances, always looking at the big picture - in fact. If Bora had said directly that something was wrong, Minji would probably have wondered what was wrong. And only her thoughtful looks and sometimes confused answers. When something was wrong in my heart, my friend tried to understand and support me as best she could, but I always saw how hard it was for her to do it.

Minji and Yoohyeon went to the toilet, while Bora and I were left alone. We lay across the chaise-longue, which Yoohyeon took, and next to us in the pool were too loud guys of twenty years old.

I wiped my wet hair with a towel, watching Bora, who wandered around the people around us and stirred ice in a glass with a straw.

- Is everything all right? - finally, I could not resist, throwing a towel on the back of the wooden rookery.

- What? - it seemed that Bora was so immersed in her own thoughts that she did not even hear my question.

- Are you okay? I repeated. “You look ... pensive.

- Really? - she slightly tilted her head, and I noticed how her gaze went over me, for a second lingering on her chest. - No, it's all right, - Bora immediately turned back to the pool, and I blushed. What's happening?

- Okay,” I muttered, interpreting it as a reluctance to speak.

- Yoohyeon liked you,” Bora said as if casually, without turning her head.

- Yes, I think even the visitors at the other end of the water park understood that,” I winced slightly. In fact, the cocktails she drank helped Yoohyeon feel more relaxed. More than required. And I was already getting tired of her persistent attempts to draw my attention to herself.

- Do you think? "Bora chuckled. - Don't you like it?

- Well, I don’t want to offend your friend, but… It looks like despair. I love more ... I don't know, mysterious? - I said, fearing that Bora will tell me something to protect the honor of her friend. But to my surprise, she just smiled wryly and nodded.

Until the moment Minji and Yoohyeon returned, we didn’t say another word.

***

When we left the water park, tired, as if we were not resting, but worked hard like the damned, I kindly agreed to take everyone home. More precisely, Minji and Bora - to Bora, and Yoohyeon to her home.

- Probably, you drop us first, - said Minji, settling down in the back seat, next to Bora. Yoohyeon, of course, sat forward.

- Yoohyeon’s house is the first on the road,” Bora remarked, as if casually, and I caught her glance in the rearview mirror. But I couldn't understand what the emotions were. Bora generally behaved very strange for the rest of the day - usually cheerful and talkative, she was more and more silent, blaming everything on fatigue.

- It's all right - Yoohyeon smiled, - you are tired and clearly want to be alone as soon as possible, - she winked at her friend, which caused Minji to laugh. - I cede the right to get there first to you.

- Thank you, Yoohyeon, I appreciate your understanding, - Minji immediately reacted.

I silently started the car and started to move. When we got to Bora's house, saying goodbye dryly, the girl got out of the car. Minji gave me a disgusting wink, clearly hinting at some obscenity, and also got out of the car.

- Well, where should I take you? - I asked, turning to Yoohyeon and seeing how intently she was looking at me.

The girl named the address, and I mentally swore at Minji - I was not at all on the way, but when we were driving from the water park, it was just on the way.

We reached Yoohyeon's house almost half an hour later. All the way, the girl talked mainly about herself. It was a real advertisement. The same obsessive and tedious. But I was too tired to take the conversation in a different direction, so I just nodded and smiled.

Finally, I heard from her: "Here, this entrance", and these were the first words from her lips, which made me very happy.

- Well, it was nice to see you again,” I smiled affectionately, thinking only about how I want to be home as soon as possible, turn on some stupid TV show and not think about anything.

- Would you like to go for coffee? Or tea? - Yoohyeon started an old trick. After she almost got into my underpants today, I doubt that we will make to the coffee maker.

- Thank you, but I'm very tired. I think I'll fall asleep right on the road. Another time - trying to look cute, - I answered and almost yawned to convince me.

- I take you at your word, - the girl smiled slyly. - Have a nice evening.

- Thank you. You too, ”I nodded, almost opening the door for her.

Yoohyeon started unbuckling her seat belt, but it didn't work.

Strange, this has not happened before.

- It doesn't work," Yoohyeon looked at me with the most honest eyes. I sighed, ed the button and turned to her for help. As soon as I reached for the "lock" to the girl, everything else happened somehow too quickly. Yoohyeon pulled at the collar of my jacket and literally dug into me with a kiss. I didn't even understand what was happening when I felt her hot tongue on my lips. Indeed?

- Now have a good evening, - after which she easily unfastened the belt and got out of the car.

I sat for another five minutes, staring blankly at the driveway and tried to digest what had just happened.

***

It was Thursday when I was heading to Bora. I haven't seen her or Minji for almost a week and a half. Though Minji kept calling me and making me call Yoohyeon on a date. Yoohyeon, of course, told Bora everything, and Bora told Minji. And although I tried to explain to my friend that she kissed me, she continued to giggle silly at me. Moreover, Yoohyeon knows my phone number, and we also are talking to each other quite often. I wrote off the inability to meet as very busy. And so, when I more or less figured out my case, Minji persuaded me to come to Bora. To help her with the picture.

And I, armed with a puncher and a little surprise for Bora, took the elevator to her apartment. Minji was supposed to come to her half an hour ago, I deliberately delayed so as not to be alone with Bora, but when I was already approaching her house, Minji sent a message that she had an urgent and unexpected meeting.

I just cursed when I received this message. Every time, after Bora and I were alone, returning to my home, I could not think of anything except that I was ready to sell my soul to someone in order to change lives with Minji. And now I will again have to whine into the pillow in the evening, because I am deeply and head over heels in love.

- Hi, - Bora smiled, letting me into the apartment. She looked a little tired.

- Hi, - I took off my shoes and, leaning the puncher against the wall, handed her the box. - A small addition to your collection.

Bora raised an eyebrow inquiringly and began to unpack the gift. It was a mug. With a very original drawing of a cat. 

- Thank you, she is very beautiful. I like it. "She smiled sincerely and her eyes lit up. Well, the day has not been lived in vain.

 I smiled back and lifted the punch. 

- I changed it, so we will definitely do everything today.

- Good news. Come into the living room, and while I put my new kitty, - she pointed with her hand in the direction I already knew and walked into the kitchen.

I went into the room and realized that there was a clear rearrangement. On either side of the hanging TV were shelves with books, and opposite - a small cozy two-seater sofa in beige. Nearby was a glass coffee table, on which lay a remote control, a book, some magazines. There was also a beautiful graceful vase on it, in which there was a bouquet of flowers unknown to me. Is Minji  still carrying flowers to Bora? Usually all of her courtship ended at the moment when the girl was in her bed. Although, on the other hand, she had not met with anyone for so long as with Bora.

- How do you like it? - I heard Bora's voice behind me and almost jumped from surprise. How she walks so quietly, I do not understand, because there are no carpets.

- You know, I like it,” I answered honestly. - Very cozy.

- Minji said that it’s boring,” the girl grinned, folding her arms over her chest. She grumbled about it all the time she moved the furniture.

- Well ... - I drawled, - Minji has a peculiar taste.

- Yes

- I think this one will look good here, - Bora went to the wall and showed the approximate height where she wants to see her father's work.

- Okay,” I nodded and turned to plug the power plug. When I turned to the wall again, I almost collided with Bora. “Sorry,” I smiled nervously, taking a step back.

- I'm sorry. You know how I love to get in the way, - Bora gave out a laugh, which seemed to me too nervous. The atmosphere was kind of tense, and I could not understand why. After all, we already know each other so much, so many times we talked in private, what has changed now?

I decided not to think about it and turned to work. As soon as did that, Bora asked:

- Are you dating Yoohyeon?

I almost pierced my hand. I turned off and looked at Bora.

- What? Where did you get that?

- Well, she just said that you both kissed,” Bora replied calmly, looking at her manicure.

- We didn't kiss, but she kissed me,” I clarified. - I don't think someone asked my opinion then. And no, we are not dating. We communicate periodically. What, is this ... Is this a problem? 

- No, I ... No, - Bora breathed. - Yoohyeon is a good girl. And it seems that she really ... well, likes you.

- I see, - I answered quietly, feeling some bitterness in my stomach.

No, what did I want? For Bora to say that she doesn't want to “share” me, even as a friend? Why on earth? Her to be jealous? 

So I my mega drill again and got to work.

We hung a picture that fits incredibly well into the interior, and even admired it for a couple of minutes. Then I turned to reel in the cord and disconnect the hammer, and then my balance failed me. The wire wrapped around my leg, wrapped around, so when I came up to the wall with the outlet, it stretched, tangling my leg even more, and I stumbled. Since I didn't have time to figure out that it would be better to just land on my , I reflexively stretched out my hand to catch at least something and try not to fall. That "something" for my failure was the bookcase. And, of course, it turned out to be not designed for such loads, so when I was lying on the floor, the rack and the books falling from it turned out to be on me, painfully stepping on my face and body as a whole.

- Lord, Siyeon! - I heard the agitated voice of Bora, but did not see her. There was a book on my face that opened as if I were dozing on the beach while reading. - Are you all right ?!

I barely pulled out my left hand and removed the book from my face.

- Are you okay? - I heard a clear excitement in the girl's voice, so I hurried to calm her down.

- Yes, yes, it's okay,” I muttered as she lifted the shelving “resting” on my ribs. “Except I made a little mess.

- Don't be silly, - Bora threw off the remaining books from me and looked into my eyes. - Are you really okay? They covered you well, - the girl leaned over to me and seemed to try to read in my eyes whether I was really well.

- My head hurts a little, but everything is fine.

- Head? Where? Let me bring you ice, don't get up, - the girl worried again and jumped off her seat.

- Bora, don’t, everything is fine ...

- Don't get up! -  I should have said that everything is normal.

She returned a couple of minutes later with ice wrapped in a towel.

- Where does it hurt? Oh , there's a bump in here. ”Her eyes widened in dismay as she was back next to me.

- Bump? I asked, frowning.

- Come on, turn your head a little, - she herself turned me in her direction and applied ice. - Now, soon it will pass, - Bora held a towel with ice and looked at me. And I could not take my eyes off her. Her hot fingers, mixed with cold, acted in a very ... peculiar way. I tried to breathe evenly and not accidentally groan. "Are you sure you haven't hurt yourself somewhere else?" - Bora concernedly examined me from head to toe. - Ribs? Arms? Legs?

- It's okay,” I croaked, and realized that my voice had betrayed me.

She gently ran her hand over my cheek, looking into my eyes with such concern that if I were not lying, but standing on my feet, I would certainly be on the floor, because my knees would have weakened under this gaze.

I realized that it was becoming really dangerous, because my mind seemed to be disconnected - either from a fall, or from the fact that she was near, but I began to think worse and worse. So I coughed and started to get up, hoping to get away from this intimacy. But Bora was in no hurry to leave the role of a nurse, so when I raised myself in my arms, we were even closer than we were before.

I looked into her beautiful eyes, and tried to remember how to breathe. There was not enough oxygen. She was also staring at me without moving. And then I made another mistake. I looked down. On her lips. On the lips that were so invitingly parted. Juicy, full, sensual. There were literally a few centimeters left for me to fulfill my dream, which I had kept in myself for more than one month. I looked at her lips and wanted to kiss her so much as I never wanted anything. And at that moment I realized that my desire is so great that I am ready to send everything to hell and burn in hell in a cauldron, which is specially designed for traitors to their friends, just to taste her lips. Just to find out what it is like when such a girl kisses you. If only to breathe in her scent and capture at least one kiss on her sensual lips. At least one.

My heart was beating somewhere in the throat. My fingers started to tingle with tension. I was literally torn between the desire to pull her in and bite into her lips with mine and escape from this apartment as quickly as possible. Better yet, not only from her apartment, but also from the country. I was weak. I couldn't just get up and leave, stop it all. Neither my strength nor my control was sufficient to do this. But Bora was stronger. Maybe, of course, she was not hypnotized by this whole situation and did not feel the full power of the moment as I did,  it was she who ended it all.

Bora blinked, slightly shook her head and moved away from me, getting to her feet:

- You can stand up? I will help you to get up, ”she held out her hand to me, and I was finally“ released ”.

- I'm fine,” I decided not to tempt fate and got up off the floor on my own.

She understood what I was thinking, I practically had no doubts. How else to explain her slight blush and look, lowered to the floor. She didn't want to look at me. And I was ashamed to meet her eyes. I'm such an idiot.

- Bora, I'll probably go. My head ached, something... - I didn't even lie about that. It felt like my skull was about to crack. - Sorry for ... Sorry, in general, - I muttered and bent down to collect my things as soon as possible and leave as quickly as possible.

- Minji is coming,” Bora said quietly, without looking up. It was not even entirely clear to whom she was speaking.

- Yes. I’ll call her, tell her that ... I’ll say that I don’t feel well, ”I muttered and headed into the corridor, seeing no reason to explain anything else. Bora did not detain me. She followed me into the hallway, thanked me for my help and closed the door behind me, smiling slightly at parting. I think she was embarrassed. Not like me, of course, but still. I could only hope that she would think it was all from the fall. And she won't think that I fell in love with her as a teenager and almost kissed her. Damn, I almost kissed my best friend's girlfriend. If she thought so, then I was in big trouble.

I wrote to Minji that I was not feeling well and turned off the phone. I drove home, cursing my stupidity and weakness. What the hell made me sit there and stare at her? Why did I even look at her lips and still think that I want to kiss her? I was sure that in another minute or two, it would certainly have happened. And what would happen next - one can only guess. Probably, I would have left the window, because I would have died of guilt and shame. From a feeling of guilt not only in front of Minji, but also in front of Bora herself for having drawn her into all this. But, fortunately, Bora turned out to be stronger and smarter than me. And nothing happened. Nothing happened, did it? I didn't touch her, didn't say anything, didn't do anything. Then why is it so nasty inside?

 

Sorry, I try not to delay, but I don't always manage to write often :))

Spoiler, we'll see a little bit of Yoohyeon and Siyeon's relationship in the next chapters but I don't know in which chapter ...... I hope your interest will not be lost.

Thanks to those who are still reading. Thanks to those who leave feedback. 

What do you think about this chapter?