Chapter 3

My best friend's girlfriend

 

The rest of the week passed as usual. Work at home, calls from Handong and listening to her lectures, in general, nothing unusual. Except that all these few days I worked hard on myself, trying not to think about Bora. And I practically succeeded. At least I made sure that my legs did not give way at the memory of her smile. But when I went to see her after work on Friday, I won't lie - I was nervous. Especially because we will be with her for about an hour or even more completely alone. Alone. Just me and her.

Directing my old Nissan to the right address, I fought with myself, explaining to my emotional background that Bora is my friend and comrade, and it is not appropriate to think about friends in bed aspect.

I am an adult and I am able to be honest with myself. Well, at least from time to time. And I was aware that I consider Bora not only very beautiful, but also damn y. And yes, next to her I clearly feel the inner "". Figuratively speaking, of course. Minji had many beautiful girls, and many . After all, we have a very similar taste for women. I can appreciate female beauty aesthetically? So it does not mean anything and nothing says.

Catching inside myself, albeit weak, but balance, I rolled to Bora's house. She lived in a newly built area. Not too far away could be seen several tall buildings that were still under construction, and her house and four others of the same were arranged in the form of a pentagon, in the middle of which there was a playground, a huge parking lot, and even a small park with a fountain.

I took out a suitcase with tools from the trunk and went to look for the right entrance.

Her apartment is on the 7th floor.

Bora opened a few seconds after I knocked on the door, as if she was waiting right in the hallway. I put on a smile, ready to greet her, and when the door opened, I was left standing with a smile and a stupid expression.

Bora apparently, took a shower recently. Bora did not have time to get dressed. Bora, damn it, stood in one towel, holding it with her hand. Still standing in the stairwell, I slowly dropped my eyes, unable not to stare at the girl. Her shoulders with her damn protruding collarbones, her beautiful strong legs with prominent muscles in her calves. Everyone has their es, and I have this. I stared at her hollow, unable to take my eyes off. If someone asked me a question now, anyone, even if they asked my name, I'm sure I would not be able to answer. Or something inarticulate.

-Siyeon? - I saw Bora waving her hand in front of my eyes with concern, and looked up, shaking her head.

- Yes? I blinked at her.

- Would you like to come in? - Bora stepped back a little so that I could enter the apartment.

- Yes! I replied with more enthusiasm than the situation required. - Yes, I want.

God, is she kidding me ?!

- Sorry, I'm just out of the shower, I thought I would have time. Come to the kitchen. She ushered me into the spacious kitchen, and she disappeared into the room, closing the door behind her. I rushed to the sink to rinse my face with cold water. If I had the opportunity, I would have stuffed ice in my pants, just to erase from my memory the image of Bora with wet hair wrapped in a towel.

While I was waiting for Bora, I looked around the kitchen. Apparently she just moved in. Because in some places there were still boxes. Apparently, she has little free time to make out everything here. Minji, damn it, could have helped her girlfriend.

- How are you? - I shuddered, suddenly hearing her voice behind my back, and turned around. It would be better not to turn around.

Bora was wearing ankle-length sweatpants and a loose T-shirt. Her shoulders were bare, I saw the protruding straps of the sports bra, and I also saw a beautiful cleavage.

- It's cute here,” I said, clearing my throat.

- It's all disassembled, - Bora grinned. - Would you like something to drink? I have juice. ”She pointed to the refrigerator and stared inquiringly at me.

- No, we'd better get down to business, and then ... Well, so as not to lose the mood, - I smiled, thinking only of one thing: “Don't lower your eyes. NOT. LOWER. EYES."

- Oh, as you say, - Bora nodded, - then let's go.

We found ourselves in a room that was soon to become a bedroom. The floor was covered with light laminate and the wallpaper was also light. Despite the fact that the room only had a mattress and a bedside table, it was quite cozy. And it smelled delicious too. Oranges. Or maybe Bora smelled like them, I don't know. Also on the floor were several huge suitcases, two of which were open, and things were sticking out of them.

- Suitcases instead of wardrobes? - I smiled.

- What? Oh, yes, - Bora suddenly blushed and closed one of the suitcases. A bra protruded from there, as I could see. And she blushed too.

- Well, where is your bed? - I asked and put the suitcase with tools in my other hand.

- Usually before that they offer to get to know each other better,” Bora laughed, which again caused me a fit of embarrassment. To be honest, I usually react normally to such jokes, but obviously not with her.

- Um, yes,” I chuckled and stared at my socks.

- Here's the frame,” she pointed to the far end of the room, where the boards were rewound with duct tape.

I walked over to the pile of wood and smiled. Ikea. Yes of course.

- Why are you smiling? - Bora was already standing next to me. How does she manage to move so quickly and silently?

- Ikea. I have almost the same bed.

- What? Cheap and convenient.

I took out the instructions and opened it. Bora is like a child, spun around and looked over my shoulder. I could smell her shower gel. Or not gel. It smelled like oranges.

The bed was ready in an hour. It was a white painted wood variant with four drawers underneath and a slatted headboard. Then they dragged a mattress onto it and began to look at their work.

- We're a great team,” Bora said cheerfully, raising her hand to dial five.

- Yes. And you barely interfered, - I laughed.

- Hello! I did my best. She jokingly hit me on the shoulder and her eyes widened. She poked my shoulder again. Again.

-Bora, what are you doing? I asked incredulously. No, I don't mind being poked by a beautiful woman, but I should at least understand why she is doing this.

- You have such muscles,” she held out, continuing to point her finger in my forearm. - And you look thin. I also noticed when we were dragging the mattress.

- Um ... - I was confused. Again. - Thanks.

- Are you doing something? She asked, finally giving up trying to punch a hole in me.

- Doing? - I did not understand. - What?

- Well, in the sense of sports.

- Ah ... no. No, I shook my head. - I've been doing sports before, but that was many years ago.

- Why did you stoped? - Bora stepped away from me and took out a rather voluminous package from the suitcase.

- I got tired,” I shrugged.

It was a mattress topper. I helped her do it, and we stared at the bed again, as if nymphs were lying on it.

- Thank you very much,” Bora said sincerely, addressing me.

- No problems. What's next?

- In what sense? - the girl frowned.

- Well, Minji said there are more lockers ... Or shelves?

- A. No ...

- No?

- Well, I think I'll figure it out later. The bed is the most important thing. And I will collect the cabinets over time, - Bora dismissed. - You are already tired.

- Let's collect everything that we can collect while I have a screwdriver in my hands, - I smiled.

- I am embarrassed to exploit you so, - Bora admitted.

- Stop doing that. Show me what else?

We went into another room. There was a TV, a lot of boxes of different sizes, and a lot of boards.

-There are two shelves,” Bora pointed to the corner of the room. - Listen, - she held out, - can you make a hole?

- Sorry, what? - I did not understand the phrase.

- The hole, - repeated Bora and blushed slightly, - in the wall in the sense. I need a hole in the wall to hang a picture, - the girl nodded somewhere to the side, and I turned my head.

Against the wall was a beautifully framed painting of a seascape. A small boat floating on the waves against the background of the setting evening sky.

- It's very beautiful, - I honestly admitted, looking at the picture.

- Dad and I drew it together,” Bora smiled sadly, coming closer. - Not long before he was gone.

- What… what happened to him?

Bora looked at me with piercing brown eyes.

- Liver. He has been drinking a lot in recent years.

- I'm sorry,” I said quietly. I didn't know what else to say. What can you say here?

- Thanks,” she smiled, and her eyes were slightly damp. “I don’t understand why I’m telling you this. I didn't even tell Minji that. Well, she did not ask.

- She will ask, - I smiled. - Well? Will you help me? - I decided that changing the topic would be the best option.

Minji showed up only at half past nine. Brought beer and chips. During this time, we collected everything and even put something in its place. While we were assembling and cleaning, we talked a lot, laughed a lot, learned something new about each other.

She was the most amazing woman I have ever known. The most. She combined everything that I was looking for in girls. All my passions were not too similar to each other, because in one I was attracted by a sense of humor, in another - optimism, in the third - being well-read and erudite. And Bora was the one in which all this was mixed and seasoned with an amazing appearance. Her sincerity, sympathy and good nature simply captivated me. She said that every month she goes to the animal shelter and helps there. Cleans, washes, walks, looks after dogs, brings them food and toys. I almost burst into tears when I listened to this. I didn’t burst into tears because this is really the most amazing woman and ... this is not my woman.

- You did so well! - said Minji admiringly, walking around the apartment and appreciating our work. She was holding Bora by the waist and their arms were intertwined. I tried not to look at it. It seems like for the first time in my life I was jealous of Minji. Really jealous. That she can touch Bora, touch her, hug, kiss and ... God. Make love with her. I was ready to bite off my hand so that I could touch it at least once, as Minji did. But I just stood and looked at my friend, trying to breathe evenly.

- Wow, this is the bed, - whistled Minji, going into the bedroom. - Yes, we'll have a lot of here! - Minji laughed. Bora blushed, and I clenched my jaw.

- Minji, stop, - Bora shamed my moronic friend and, hugging her around the waist, said: - Well, let's go have a drink? Siyeon and I definitely deserve it.

- Siyeon, I took you a non-alcoholic one, - Minji smiled, coming up to me.

- Thank you,” I smiled tightly, and there was only one word in my head: “Run. Run! RUN! " “You know, I completely forgot, I still have to go on my  business,” I muttered, packing my tools into my suitcase.

- What business? All your business is done, - protested Minji.

- No, really. I need to ... Go to one place ... - the damned screwdriver did not want to fit into the recess.

- On a date, or what? - Minji narrowed her eyes. - I don't know something?

- What? What date? No, I muttered. 

- I hoped. You haven't had a girlfriend for a long time. I'm worried about your health. Prolonged abstinence is harmful. Yes, Bora? Minji laughed, and for the first time I wanted to hit her.

- Don't worry about my abstinence,” I smiled tightly, finally folding all the tools. - Okay, good evening to you, don't be bored.

- With such a bed ?! Of course we won't! - exclaimed Minji.

- Siyeon, are you really leaving? - Bora looked at me with a searching look.

- Yes, I still have things to do, I completely forgot about them. Thanks for ... evening, - I nodded and, quickly jumping into my sneakers, already started to open the door.

- Thank you. Really. Come visit when you have time.

- Yeah" - I smiled and left the apartment.

Going down the stairs, not having the slightest desire to wait for the elevator, I jumped out into the street. The cool air revived me a little. I just fell into a terrible mess. So corny and so stupid. Fall in love with your best friend's girlfriend. You just have to be a disastrous idiot.

I got into the car and hit the steering wheel. Damn damn damn! And now what i can do? That I fell in love with her, I knew for sure. I'm not that dumb. Moreover, I knew that I had never fallen in love like this. Of course, I had girls before, but there was nothing even close. For a girl to get stuck in my head so hard. How do you communicate with Minji now? Wait until she leaves Bora? Or what? Communicate as if nothing is happening? Pretending everything's okay when not a damn thing is okay? What kind?

On the way home, I made a decision. I will communicate with Minji and try to avoid Bora. Okay, I'll think of something. I'll say I want to be alone with Minji, gossip. Why not? I’ll just hang the picture for Bora, I promised, and then I’ll disappear. This will be the smartest decision.

I decided not to delay and put my plan to avoid Bora into action as soon as possible. And for this, I decided to arrange for us to arrange an unauthorized meeting on Wednesday so that I could help hang the unfortunate painting on the wall. Minji happily agreed and said that she and Bora would be waiting for me. 

As a result, having received an SMS that they would be waiting for me on Wednesday at half past eight, I exhaled and asked my composure to be patient a little longer, emphasizing that, probably, after this meeting, I would never see Bora again.

Honestly, I reminded myself of a madman. I tried as best I could not to think about Bora, but nothing came of it. And what made me angry the most was that, damn it, I was so stupid at twenty-seven. I believed that such a quick fall in love was the lot of adolescents with their hormones and inherent maximalism. What happens in practice? Nobody's safe from this ? Am I forced to suffer from some sick vulnerability to a girl I hardly know? 

What was happening to me now - defied rational explanation. Every now and then I caught myself thinking about what she was doing now, whether she and Minji were meeting today, whether she was tired at work, what was her favorite dish, book, film, color ... It literally drove me crazy. Therefore, with each such thought, I was only convinced that my plan was the only correct decision in this whole stupid situation.

 

Hello!

Thank you for reading! I hope you liked!

What is your opinion about the story? So far who is your favorite character?

Feel free to comment!

Have a nice day!