Chapter 7

My best friend's girlfriend

Autumn was in full swing, and so was my love for Bora. I thought that a couple of months of unrequited feelings would cool my adolescent ardor, but that was not the case. Now I found pleasure in all the moments when we were around. In her light kisses on my cheek, friendly hugs, pats on the shoulder when she or I joked. No, I did not cross boundaries, I continued to keep this secret inside myself, carrying my pain, mixed with pleasure, with some kind of masochistic pleasure. I have already come to terms with the fact that my love will continue to poison me from the inside, that I will be left alone with her, killing myself, as I began to notice that Bora is becoming more ... detached, or something. When we got together, three of us or a larger company, I often noticed that the girl was more and more silent, as if she was thinking about something important. And sometimes I did catch her pensive glances at myself. She, of course, immediately turned away, as if she was scared every time she was caught. And it made me a little ... nervous? I was afraid that she would guess. Because, damn it, no matter how hard I tried, I could not hide a moronic smile that appeared on my face every time I saw Bora.

***

- Siyeon, tomorrow is Friday, do you remember that last week you promised Bora to nail this painting? I got tired of stumbling about her, - Minji grumbled on the phone during lunchtime.

- You need to look under your feet because, - I answered with the same grumbling. I was in no mood in the morning, because the autumn depression, it seems, got me too.

- Well, you know, when there is a woman nearby, I somehow do not care what is under my feet, - Minji giggled, which caused my next wave of indignation.

- Is it necessary to tell me all the details of your adventures? - and so the day is crappy, she's still here with reminders of Bora. Just great.

- Why so ? - Minji frowned. - It didn't bother you before.

- Minji, what did you want? Remind me of the painting? I already remember. I have a lot of work, I have no time to help your girlfriend - I was losing patience, rushing to my friend, and I myself understood this perfectly.

- You got bitten by some rabid lesbian? - Minji's voice also changed, and I knew that if we both did not stop, we would certainly have a fight. Minji and I swore very rarely, but aptly. We could not speak for a week at all.

- No,” I sighed and, closing my eyes, rubbed the bridge of my nose. - Nobody bit me. I'm just tired. I have a lot of work. I'm sorry.

- It seems to me, just someone has not had for a long time. I read that it affects the emotional background. Here I am always cheerful. And why? Because I regularly ...

- Yes, yes, I understand,” I interrupted her. - Do not continue. Listen, come tomorrow night, I'll stop by Bora, and you leave me alone with questions about when I will start having ? - I gave up. Minji has been hinting and openly trolling me for months that I don't sleep with anyone.

- I'll think ... Listen, let's go to the water park on Sunday? Minji suggested unexpectedly.

- What?

- Aquapark. A place where water ... and a park. Well, the slides and ...

- Minji,” I interrupted her again, “I know what a water park is. I ask why do we need to go there?

- Well, out of the kindness of his heart, the client gave me four tickets. I want to go with Bora and you. And the fourth ticket is for some lovely madam, whom I will also call, and who, perhaps, will make you a more adequate person. Maybe you will stop screaming for no reason at all, ”Minji finished her monologue.

- So no, no pandering. Moreover, I know that you, madam, have no acquaintances with whom you yourself have not slept. So no thanks.

- Not true, - Minji was indignant. - I have such acquaintances. Maybe a little, but there is. Siyeon, it's time for you to find someone for yourself

- I'll think about it. You're like Handong. She also screams that I need a girl, - I rolled my eyes.

- This is the rare case when I agree with this woman,” Minji chuckled.

- So talk to her about this and leave me alone. I can go to the water park, but no blind dates. Did you understand?

- Okay,” Minji drawled, clearly dissatisfied with my answer.

- Minji?

- Yes, I understand, I understand. No blind dates, ”Minji finally agreed, and I was able to relax a little.

- That's it, tell Bora that I'll come around seven.

- When will you start writing to her yourself? “Sometimes I think you’re afraid of her,” Minji grumbled.

Afraid? I love her..

- Don't make it up. It's just ... it's more correct.

- OK, see you tomorrow. I, as usual, at eight o'clock. Probably earlier. And buy something to drink. This week is almost over for me.

- Agreed.

I turned off the phone and leaned back in my chair. Why is everything so difficult? Why don't I just fall in love with some married woman, with whom I simply could not see, I would quietly be ill with myself and all my affairs. No, I chose the most beautiful and best woman in the world who is also dating my best friend. What a failure.

***

I managed to leave work early, as I realized that just sitting at the table and burning the monitor with my gaze is still useless. I couldn't think of anything other than the evening meeting and the upcoming trip to the water park. Everyone will be in swimsuits there. I don't care, to be honest, but Bora will also be there in a swimsuit. And something told me that her figure would not leave anyone indifferent.

On my way to the store, I took Minji's beer, myself - non-alcoholic, and Bora - a bottle of good expensive wine. I knew that she preferred red semi-sweet, so I spent fifteen minutes choosing it, clearly annoying the seller. I couldn't control it. I just wanted to please her. As a friend. There was no other way I could please her.

Bora took me to the kitchen, put all the food I brought in the refrigerator, thanked me for the wine, and put a plate of stewed vegetables and meat in front of me.

- I know you haven't dined,” she replied to my questioning look. - So eat.

- Thanks,” I muttered, picking up the offered fork from the table.

If I didn't know that Bora was dating Minji, I would have decided that she is making her way to my heart through my stomach. She constantly tried to feed me, to treat me with something, or at least to give me tea. 

While I was having dinner, we chatted about all sorts of trifles. Bora told funny incidents that happened to her at work, some incidents in the financial world that were understandable only to people working in this area. When I finished my meal, it was twenty minutes to eight.

- It was just incredibly delicious,” I said honestly, pushing back my plate with a fork.

- Thank you,” the girl chuckled, taking the dishes and putting them in the dishwasher.

- Why are you laughing? - I asked, seeing that the grin did not leave her lips.

- No, nothing, just ...

- What? I stared at her with interest as she closed the dishwasher and turned it on.

- You eat so cute,” she muttered and… blushed.

- Really? Did you mean funny? Why cute? And, in general, is this a compliment or should I be offended? - I smiled, seeing her confusion.

- No! - Bora answere,  and continued more calmly. “No, that's… cute. You know, sometimes people just eat. Well, as usual, like everyone else. And sometimes you can see how they really enjoy every bite. And when they say that it was delicious, it becomes clear that this was not just a politeness, but it was really tasty.

- I don’t even know how to react to it,” I grinned, wiping my lips with a napkin. - But it's really delicious. You cook amazingly. Minji was very lucky.

- Thank you, - Bora smiled and looked somewhere to the side. “You know, it doesn't always work,” she added with a sad grin.

- In what sense?

- Never mind,” she waved her hand, returning her face to her former relaxed expression. - Just thinking out loud.

- Tell me,” I asked, not understanding why. I just felt like she said something that bothered her. That she touched on something very important.

- Well, I once had a relationship ... - she began timidly, continuing to stand, leaning her back on the kitchen countertop. - And the girl with whom I lived constantly praised my cooking, saying that I conquered her. And that she is ready to marry me so that she will eat my food all her life.

- And what happened then? - I asked, after Bora fell silent, looking at one point.

- Then? - the girl looked at me, as if waking up. - Then she left me for my friend. Which, by the way, did not know how to cook at all. So as I said, it doesn't help, ”she finished with a sad smile.

- I'm sorry,” I said sincerely. - You ... Have you date her for a long time?

- Four years. And I really thought that this is the person with whom I will spend for the rest of my life.

- Obviously it is not so. It's just not your person. Otherwise, she would not have left you, - I did not know what else to say in such a situation. I have not gone through this.

- Well, she left me, so formally I lost her,” Bora smiled.

- No,” I shook my head. “You are an amazing girl, and believe me, many will give a hand to be cut off to be with you. You are worthy of someone who will appreciate you. Not for cooking or pretty eyes. But just because you are. That you are near. Minji appreciates you, - I added breathlessly, unable to bear Bora's gaze.

- Yes. Thank you for the nice words. ”Bora moved away from the countertop and hung a white kitchen towel on the hook. - Well, let's go hang the painting? She asked, patting her pockets.

- Yes of course.

We did not hang the picture. I don't know why, but the hammer drill refused to work. Even the power indicator did not turn on. I said I would take it back to the store as it was still under warranty. As a result, we waited for Minji and spent the evening three of us, having fun talking about everything in the world and discussing the upcoming trip to the water park.

***

I sat in my car in a parking lot near a large building. Minji said that her tickets include access to all the entertainment, including the bar, so I waited for Minji and Bora. Of course they were late. Minji would not be Minji if she showed up on time.

Finally, I noticed a yellow "Kia",  I took my bag and got out of the car. They stopped behind me at the moment when I pressed the button for closing the doors on the key fob.

- Sorry, Siyeon, we're late,” I heard my friend's voice. “But I know how to atone for my guilt.

I just turned around to answer her something witty when I stopped, frozen. All the words got stuck in my throat when I saw both the back doors of the car open, and Bora and ... Yoohyeon got out. The same Yoohyeon from the housewarming party who shamelessly flirted with me and begged for my phone number. Which, by the way, I "forgot" to give her.

- Hi, - the girls greeted me with one voice, and I only managed to notice that Bora's smile was somehow ... forced, or something. Unlike her friend. Yoohyeon smiled across the width of and did not take her dark eyes off me.

- Hi,” I finally managed, pretending not to be shocked at all by our fourth companion. - Well, let's go? It's cool outside, but there they promise warmth and artificial sun, - I joked, shaking my bag in my hand.

- What the hell, Minji? - I immediately hissed, poking my friend in the shoulder.

- Oh, it hurts, - Minji squeaked. - Listen, it happened by accident. Yoohyeon stopped by to pick up some package from Bora, I blurted out to her about the water park, she said that she had wanted to go there for a long time ... Well, and it so happened that I kind of invited her. She agreed. I didn't know that she would agree, - looking at me with the most innocent eyes, Minji made excuses.

- Of course, that's how I believed you. Considering how many times you've threatened to find me someone, ”I grumbled, continuing to follow the girls.

- Honestly, Siyeon. I didn't think she would agree. In the end, we stopped by her, she took her things, and we went here. Therefore, we were late. Well, listen, nothing terrible happened. Nobody forces you to ... do something with her. Although, by the way, she really likes you. She asked about you all the way, ”Minji finished, grinning, when we almost came to the large double doors of the water park.

- Wonderful. I'm flattered, - I answered without any joy in my voice, letting my friend go ahead.

***

- Will you go to the toilet again? - Minji laughed, taking off her black jacket and ing her jeans.

- What to do? - Yoohyeon asked, standing a meter away from us and sitting on the next bench in the dressing room.

- Change clothes, - Minji explained, standing already in one sports top and half-down pants. - When we went to the pool at the institute, Siyeon constantly went to change in the toilet, - my friend continued to laugh.

- Why? - Bora asked interested, still dressed, straightening the silicone orange bracelet, which she, like us, was given at the reception.

- Leave me alone,” I grumbled, taking off my jacket and shoving my bare feet into the slates.

- Siyeon we have a shyness, - Minji continued to giggle in my back when I left with a bathing suit and a towel towards the restroom. Well, I can't change in front of everyone. I can not. Moreover, I did not want to accidentally see Bora without a top. Then I would have stopped sleeping altogether, probably.

- It's cute,” Yoohyeon giggled, and that was the last thing I heard before the toilet door closed behind me.

 

-It's great here,” we heard a voice and turned around.

At that moment I realized that at twenty-seven I was still immensely stupid, because I decided that going with Bora to the water park was a good idea. What was I just thinking? Now, having seen her in all her glory, I realized that for a long time I will not get rid of her image, which stood before my eyes. She was wearing a black and yellow two-piece swimsuit that seemed to be tailored just for her. I saw full, beautiful s, a flat belly with a longitudinal stripe showing that she had good abs, and infinitely strong legs with strong hips.

From this stupor and shameless gazing at her, Minji's quiet whistle brought me out:

- Baby, I saw you , but in this swimsuit you are simply incredible, - Minji sincerely admired, and I was ready to subscribe to her every word. She was really great. - I want you right now, - added Minji, not taking her eyes off her. As always, in my repertoire.

- Thank you, you are very nice, - Bora smiled sarcastically, - and ... take it easy, cowboy, there are children.

- I beg your pardon for my excessive emotionality,” Minji bowed slightly and turned her gaze to Yoohyeon. - Yoohyeon, and you are beautiful, do not think that I did not notice, - Minji smiled the most charming smile, and I could hardly restrain myself not to roll my eyes.

No, Yoohyeon also looked very good - she had a slender figure but ... There was nothing in her ... She lacked grace, or something. Although if you look soberly, what I was not able to do, due to my sick love, Yoohyeon looked no less impressive in her blue tight swimsuit.

- Thank you, - the girl smiled in response, but she did not take her eyes off me, in which I clearly read ... hunger. “You girls are also looking good.

In fact, the four of us were very even. Minji was in a swimsuit with shorts, which was gray color. I'm in black. I noticed with the deepest surprise, Bora was looking. Without stopping.

- Thank you. Well, how about a glass of cocktail ? - Minji asked when they finished exchange of pleasantries with Yoohyeon. - You go to the sun loungers, and Siyeon and I will take you something. Yes? - Minji looked at me, expecting consent. I nodded silently.

- Okay, - Bora finally looked away from my belly, and I noticeably relaxed. But I regretted that I was with the car. I would not mind drinking now.

- Take something tasty and ... y, - Yoohyeon smiled, looking at me, and winked, turning around and heading to the sun loungers.

- And I have something with a grapefruit, - Bora smiled and, also casting a quick glance at me, followed her friend.

- Grapefruit and ... - Minji muttered, looking after the girls. As I.

 

Hello! It started to happen somehow that the chapters were published once a week. Well, at least some kind of stability! Really, thank you very much for EVERY of your feedback, you have no idea how many times I re-read them to tune you in to some kind of wave while writing a new chapter. Very excited about the upcoming chapters, so I look forward to your feedback and thoughts! Thank you!!!! ♥

You've noticed that Bora behaves a little differently already?