Chapter 11

My best friend's girlfriend

Arriving at work on Monday, suffering from a terrible hangover and feeling that I was twenty again, I received great news from the authorities - I was waiting for an almost week-long business trip. Since the chief accountant of this branch unexpectedly quit, and there is no one to correct the documentation before checking. Therefore, having called Handong and begging to look after Wolfy, for a week. Three days later, I realized that this "unexpected trip" even suits me. I had time to think about everything. About everything except Bora. 

On that drunken Sunday, I wrote to Yoohyeon, explaining my sudden and impolite disappearance with urgent matters. And I also realized that I could not part with her via SMS. 

I tried not to think about what Minji had told me. I could hardly restrain myself so as not to give up everything and rush to Bora. Yes, of course, she probably wasn't talking about me, but what if? Can't I even admit the thought that Bora can reciprocate my feelings? Until I found out the truth, I could hope.

***

I returned to town on Friday night. We agreed to meet with Yoohyeon in advance. This game must be over.

I walked over to her, and after a couple of minutes, Yoohyeon opened the door for me, smiling broadly. I tried to stay calm, but not rude. I felt guilty and again began to strain her persistence. She nearly punched me in the stomach when she wanted to kiss me at the door. I pulled away politely, muttering something about fatigue.

- Come in, baby, are you hungry? We're just having dinner.

I barely suppressed the gag reflex from the word "baby", but forced myself to take a deep breath and follow her. Somewhere on the edge of my mind, the question "we?" I whirled, but entering the kitchen and I  could only open my mouth. Bora was sitting at the table. We stared at each other as if we were seeing for the first time. She literally looked at me with her eyes, and I stared blankly at her. I haven't seen her for too long. Almost a week. It was too long for me. I immediately wanted to fall at her feet and beg, beg to give me a chance. Tell her how much I love her, how these feelings have tormented me for many months, but when I felt a warm hand on my shoulder, I remembered where I am and why, in fact, I came.

- Sit down, baby, have dinner with us, - Yoohyeon pushed me to the stool.

Then it dawned on me how it looks from the outside. What will Bora think of me? I confessed my love to her, but I'm hanging out with her friend? Good game. What did Yoohyeon tell her? 

Cursing inwardly, I sat down on a stool on the free side of the table. I felt Bora's eyes on me. But she couldn't look up. I couldn't explain everything to her now.

- Well, how was your business trip? Did you do everything? - Yooheyon was sitting on the other side, constantly rearranging something on the table and occasionally touching my hand. It was terribly unnerving. Bora seemed to be completely absorbed in dinner, although when I slightly raised my head, I saw her gaze glaring at Yoohyeon's hand, which was lying on my forearm.

Twenty minutes later, after the sixth "baby" addressed to me, Bora hurried to leave. Yoohyeon did not delay her, winking obscenely at me, hinting that the two of us would not be bored. Bora saw it, but said nothing. I just noticed how her lips twitched for a second, and then broke into a smile again, while Yoohyeon accompanied her and hugged her goodbye. I just nodded with restraint and mumbled a barely audible goodbye.

When they stood in the hallway and whispered about something, I rehearsed the speech. And I was so carried away that I did not notice how Yoohyeon's hot, slightly rough lips were on my lips.

- I missed you so much,” the girl whispered hotly, trying to climb onto my lap. - I want you right now.

- Wait, wait, please, - I stopped her, grabbing her wrists and raised myself. Yoohyeon looked at me blankly, but stopped trying to saddle me. - We need to talk.

***

I told her that, she was too persistent. Of course, she burst into tears when I explained everything to her and offered to remain friends. What a stupid phrase, honestly.

I wonder how Minji copes with this all the time? She's always leaving someone. Well, except for Bora. Bora. What have you done to me, my heart? Why you? Why not Yoohyeon, it would be easier?

I had to call a taxi again. And when the driver arrived, I gave Bora's address.

I had been ringing the doorbell for two minutes, but no one wanted to open it. I knew she was at home - I saw the light in the windows. And this only gave me hope that she was talking to Minji about me. That this “someone” she likes is me. That she was jealous of me and all.

When I started not only ringing, but also knocking, the next door opened, and the bright, disheveled head of a girl younger then me peeped out.

- What are you knocking? If they don't open it, then no one is at home, ”the neighbor remarked with displeasure, glaring at me.

- Excuse me. I need to talk to her. And she's at home, ”I said, and started pounding on the door again.

- If at home, but does not open, then it does not want to see you. What is incomprehensible? The girl answered more calmly and yawned.

- With this I can agree, - I sighed and again pressed the bell.

- Is it your woman? The neighbor inquired unceremoniously, looking at me with genuine interest.

- No. It's ... Never mind, ”I shook my head. What does she care?

- Oh, okay. I live here recently. I saw your girl couple of times. She is beautiful, - the girl grunted, obviously not going to go anywhere.

- Beautiful,” I muttered, dropping my hands. 

- Listen, there is a fire escape. If necessary, I can let you in, ”my new acquaintance unexpectedly suggested. - Well, kind of romantic, all the cases. Women love that.

I thought for a second. I don't know what the hell was in my head, but I resolutely turned around and walked towards the girl:

- Show me the way

 The girls name was Gahyeon.

- Well, why are you slowing down? Come on to your bride, - the girl pushed me, and I blinked, as if waking up, and looked at her.

- How did you even know? - I decided to ask. I will not say that I am an example of femininity, but rarely anyone could take me for a lesbian. At least right off the bat.

- I can smell mine a mile away, - Gahyeon drawled in a knowing tone. - Come on, go. I want to sleep. I hope you’ll go back through the door.

- Thank you.

Opening the fire escape, I found myself on Bora's loggia. Carefully pushing open the balcony door, it became clear that it was locked. But at that moment I saw Bora herself in the kitchen, wrapped in a large towel and with wet hair. I'm a fool. She didn't "open" the door for me, she just washed, damn it! And I acted like a maniac. The first thought was to run. I cautiously took a couple of steps back, but I realized that Gahyeon had prudently locked the door back. There was nothing to do. Either make yourself known, or freeze right here.

Walking to the balcony door again, I knocked softly. Bora, who at that moment was taking something out of the refrigerator, jumped. She turned around and screamed. I don’t know how I would react to that, but I would probably scream even louder and even longer.

Bora, putting her hand to her chest and trying to catch her breath, went to the balcony and opened the door.

- What the hell, Siyeon ?! How did you get there ?! You almost brought me to a heart attack! - I don't know what I was expecting while I climbed onto her balcony without an invitation, but the option that she would yell at me somehow did not occur to me.

- Sorry, I ... I didn't mean to scare you. I just…

- You climbed onto my balcony and thought that I would not be scared ?! Really?! - Bora continued to be indignant.

- I'm sorry, really. Somehow I didn't think ... You just didn't open it, I decided that you didn't want to talk to me, but I needed to talk to you, ”I muttered, still standing in my boots and coat.

- I was in the shower. I just didn't hear, ”the girl sighed. - Take off your coat and ... take off your shoes for God's sake. I just washed the floors yesterday.

- Yes. Sorry, - I smiled modestly, immediately taking off my clothes and shoes.

When I returned to the kitchen without my outerwear, Bora put on the kettle:

- What will "baby" want? Tea or coffee? - in a calm voice, but with obvious mockery, she asked.

- Can I just have water? "I squeaked, feeling like the last idiot.

- Of course, - Bora poured water from the filter into a glass and handed it to me. - I'll change and come back.

Having said this, Bora left the kitchen, leaving me to absorb the water and think about what I want to tell her.

***

Bora came back too quickly. Too fast for my thoughts.

Therefore, when the girl entered, already dressed in her trademark sweatpants, exposing her ankles, and a T-shirt, I could only sit on a chair, nervously shaking my leg in time to some kind of inner music that sounded in my head.

- Have you decided to drink tea or coffee? - Bora went to the table top, where there was a kettle.

Really? If a meteorite fell into her yard now, it would hardly have distracted me. I was completely absorbed in my thoughts, hundreds of questions were swarming in my head, and my heart was pounding somewhere in my stomach, as if in front of a feeling of some inevitable danger. It really drove me crazy, so I couldn't think of anything better than to blurt out the first thing that came to mind without really thinking about the consistency or relevance of the question:

- Why did you break up with Minji?

The question was too loud and too harsh. It was clear even to me. Yes, Siyeon, patience and tact are not about you, right?

- Sorry? - Bora froze for a second, and then again continued to get coffee, sugar.

- You heard,” I said more calmly, continuing to glare at her. I already had nothing to lose - I told her everything a few days ago.

- I heard,” she nodded slowly, pouring coffee into a mug, “I just don’t understand how my personal life or the personal life of your friend, concerns you. You have your own story, your relationship ...

- I have no relationship, - I interrupted Bora, unable to sit still from the emotions overwhelming me. I don’t know where so much courage came from in me, but I went up to Bora and took her hand, turning her to me. - What I told you then ...

- Siyeon, - Bora interrupted me, not allowing me to finish the phrase, which, although it should have sounded hackneyed, was true. - I was there. I talked to Yoohyeon. I'm not as idiot as you might think. ”With these words, she carefully but persistently pulled her hand out of my hands.

- Probably so,” I hissed. It is not clear where this anger came from. Well, you can't be so blind! - I have nothing with Yoohyeon. Not anymore. And in general, there was not, except for one night, which I have already regretted a hundred times. I was too drunk. And Yoohyeon was too close.

- Yes. I think it did not matter to you then, - Bora said almost contemptuously, moving away a little. Bora rested her hip against the kitchen cabinet and folded her arms across her chest, as if in defense. - At first you pounced on me, and without receiving reciprocity, you decided to rush to Yoohyeon. Very clever. Only it is not clear why it was necessary to come to me the next day and say all these words.

- Because this is true! I almost roared. - Don't you understand! Almost from the first day of our acquaintance, I can not stop thinking about you! You make me crazy! And I hate myself for that. But I can't help it. Because it doesn't work on click. And no matter how you pretend to be indifferent now, I know that you like me too! - I finished my "speech", staring gloomily at Bora. Yes, maybe the last phrase sounded too presumptuous, but it slipped from my lips.

For a couple of minutes the kitchen was enveloped in tense silence. Bora and I stared at each other, as if in a silent confrontation. I was as tense as ever. I literally physically felt a spring cocked to the limit inside myself, ready to “shoot”.

Bora blinked, her shoulders dropping slightly, relaxing. She rubbed the bridge of her nose, frowning. She sighed heavily, raising her tired gaze at me, and barely audibly said:

- I think you'd better leave.

I looked at her, unable to move. I expected reproaches, condemnation - a joyful long-awaited reunion, but not these words. Is that all? Will it end like this? Maybe I was wrong, attributing Bora's sympathy to myself, and not to someone else? And what, everything will end like this without even starting? But I feel, something inside me feels that I am not indifferent to her. Something inexplicable, intangible pulls me to her like a magnet. And I know - with some sixth sense - I know that it is mutual. But, apparently, it only matters to me.

I, still without saying a word, slowly turn towards the hallway. Maybe too early, maybe too fast, maybe the wrong time. Something went wrong. Something did not work out in this puzzle of me and her.

After taking a few slow steps, during which I manage to remember the whole history of our communication with Bora, I freeze. Only one phrase sounds in my head, which every time gets louder. WHAT THE HECK?!

Let me regret it, let it end in a loud failure and my heart broken into thousands of fragments, do not care. I'm already used to this pain inside. But at least I will know that I have tried everything.

Turning abruptly, I cover the distance between me and Bora in two steps. Finding myself in front of the surprised and, as it seemed to me, even slightly frightened eyes of the girl, I take her face with my hands and pull her towards me.

Her lips are exactly as I remember. Soft, full, attracting me, like a well of water attracting an exhausted traveler in the desert. I kiss her selflessly, with all the strength of my feelings that have escaped to freedom. I'm tired of holding them back. I'm tired of keeping the leash taut. I let go. I kissed her like a crazy, as if pushing me away, I would certainly die. As if I would suffocate without her lips, as without air. Actually, practically it was.

Despite my insolence, the adrenaline rushing through my veins, I was able to find the strength to be surprised when I felt Bora's hands on my shoulders. She hugged me. She hugged me, damn it! She answered my greedy, hungry kisses and hugged me.

I could hardly imagine a person happier than myself at that moment. As if all the wishes made for birthdays and New Years came true at one moment. As if the most cherished dream has finally come true. 

I'm not sure I remember how Bora ended up sitting on the table, and I - standing between her thighs. We continued to kiss like distraught teenagers in the back of a car. My hands walked along Bora's smooth back, hers tangled in my hair. At some point, I pressed her to me especially tightly, and at the same moment I heard a dull knock.

Opening my eyes and reluctantly breaking away from the sweet kiss, I saw that Bora frowns slightly, rubbing her head.

- Damn, I'm sorry," I whispered, realizing that she hit the back of her head on the top cabinet.

- I’m like seventeen again,” Bora giggled, not removing her free hand from my shoulder. - I was kissing a classmate under the school stairs and hit the battery.

- Oh, I hope everything worked out? - I smiled, running my hand over her cheek.

- Except for a small cut, everything was fine. The battery was old, made of square sharp plates, ”she explained, moving slightly away from the cabinet.

- Wow," I muttered, reaching out my hand to help her off the countertop.

When Bora sank to the kitchen floor, finding herself nose to nose with me, I again caught my breath. I could not stop looking at her. No matter how much I looked at her, it was not enough for me. Her eyes mesmerized me, her lips were intoxicating. I could not name a single flaw in her appearance, although, as I tried, I tried to be objective.

- Why are you looking at me like that? - asked Bora, looking slightly mockingly into my eyes.

- I can't believe this is all happening for real,” I blurted out without even thinking.

Bora only smiled warmly, again enticing me into a kiss.

That evening I stayed late at Bora's. We talked a lot, laughed, discussed something. I haven't felt so happy for a long time. The thought that I could touch her did not fit into my head. That I can kiss her. Not only in a dream, but also in reality. Therefore, very often I either interrupted my story, or Bora's story, to feel the taste of her lips again. As if I was afraid that all this was a dream. But her lips were warm and soft, and her skin was soft and pleasant to the touch. And, most importantly, it was all absolutely real.

After we said goodbye in her hallway, I went out into the street, where it was already deep night. Realizing that I didn't care to get a reprimand from Handong, I drove home, deciding to pick up Wolfy tomorrow morning.

And for the first time in months, I went to bed happy. Of course, Bora and I haven't had anything yet. We didn’t even discuss what kind of relationship we had now and whether it was in general, but I didn’t care. I kissed the girl of my dreams. What could be better? I was sure that we had everything ahead of us - hot nights and passionate hugs. I didn't want to rush into this. I've been waiting for her for so long that I can endure a little longer.

I took Wolfy away and after hearing from Handong about an hour of admonitions about my irresponsibility, I drove back home. The dog took offense at me. Honestly, she didn't "talk" to me all the way. She looked out the window and did not turn to me, even when I, standing at the traffic lights, her behind her ear. Only when I was at home, after I promised Wolfy not to leave her alone again, the dog changed his anger to mercy and my face. 

After sitting until almost two o'clock, I realized that I needed to talk to Minji. Yes, it is not yet clear what kind of relationship we have with Bora, yes, we did not discuss the essence of the matter, but I had to inform Minji about what was happening. But as soon as I was about to call her, a thin nasty voice sounded in my head: “She will not understand. She won't forgive. You betrayed her. " And after this mumbling, I put the phone back. At the same time, I was embarrassed by the fact that there was neither a call nor a message from Bora.  What if she changed her mind? Changed your mind what? We did not promise anything to each other. Yes, we kissed and hugged half the night, but does this mean something in the adult world? Come on, I spent all night with her friend and I didn't care. And then there was nothing but a few hours of kisses. Yes, the sweetest, yes, the most pleasant, but nonetheless.

Sticky, panicky terror began to envelop my mind. And I, without even knowing what I was doing, dialed the number. I woke up only when I heard a pleasant voice in the receiver:

- Hi.

- Hi,” I breathed out quietly, trying not to show my excitement. 

- I was waiting for your call, - I heard that Bora is smiling. In less than a couple of seconds, an idiotic smile spread across my face.

- Really?

- Yes. I wanted to call you, but then I thought ... - Bora fell silent, not finishing her sentence. I listened intently.

- Thought what?

- Well ... Maybe you ... I don't know. You regret what happened yesterday.

I chuckled stupidly and with relief. It was nice to know that she worried about it too. That we had the same fears for two.

- I thought the same thing about you,” I admitted, wrinkling my nose.

- Really? - I imagined how Bora's eyebrow is raised at this moment.

- Yes.

- Well, in that case, I'm glad it’s not,” she chuckled. - What do you do? - I was glad to transfer the topic to something calmer and not tormenting my soul.

- Took Wolfy. Barely begged her forgiveness. I think Handong taught her to be offended.

- Really? - Bora giggled.

- Yeah. She didn't look at me all the way. Then, however, thawed. But I promised her a long walk with a stick and all that.

- Oh, that's great. So are you going to have something like a bachelorette party?

- Well, let's say, a party in honor of reconciliation. Hopefully we can do without poodle strippers and pole-dancing huskies, ”I chuckled.

- Maybe then you will not be against the company? - It even seemed to me that Bora's voice sounded somehow uncertain.

- Are you kidding? The more people there are, the more fun. Moreover, someone must replace me when I run out of steam.

- I don’t subscribe to this, but I don’t mind taking a walk with you girls.

- Great,” I thought my mouth would crack with a smile. - Then we are waiting for you in our park by five.

- Good. See you.

I turned off the phone and for another ten minutes I just smiled like a fool, thinking how lucky I was.

At school, passing the five-kilometer run, I was not as tired as I was exhausted while running with Wolfy and a stick. Which she constantly lost, and I had to look for her. Which one of us is a dog, damn it? Bora laughed like crazy when Wolfy "put" me footboards, running between my legs, because of which I certainly stumbled and flew face-first into the snow. But in general, it was fun. Especially when Bora helped me up, kissing my nose with hot lips as a consolation.

At that moment, when not only me, but also my crazy dog ​​was tired, we walked through the park at a slow pace, looking at the tops of trees covered with snow. Winter has been generous this year. There were already small snowdrifts, although especially severe frosts were not expected.

We walked leisurely through the park, keeping an eye on Wolfy, who sniffed every bush that came our way.

I really enjoyed the walk until I almost got a heart attack when I noticed a girl running at the end of the path. She was terribly similar to Minji, and until my mind took over, so that I realized that it was not her, for a moment I was seized by a real panic. Then, having come to my senses, I looked closely and realized that it was definitely not Minji who was running. 

Obviously, my thoughts were noticeable by the expression on my face, because Bora turned to me and asked:

- What happened to you? As if you saw a ghost.

- No, it's all right, it's just ... - I wondered if I should tell her about my feelings, because it would be somehow dishonest, or something. They dated, and now I will annoy her with my thoughts about how to tell Minji about everything? And what can I say? Bora has been in a relationship with her for quite a long time. What did she want from their union? After all, they do not have so much in common, and Minji is always quite honest in her intentions - she never promises girls that she will marry them. Or that their relationship will last at least a week. So Bora was fine with that? So she didn't want something serious either? Does she want something serious with me? There were so many thoughts in my head that I seemed to hear hundreds of voices. And I didn't like any of them.

- What just? - Bora continued to pry. And I already seemed to be pale as snow. What if she doesn't want a serious relationship, but just wants to ... have fun? Can I give it to her? How do you ask this without looking crazy?

- Why did you date with Minji?" I blurted out before I could think. I'm an idiot. I even closed my eyes at how ashamed I felt for my long tongue. Well, what the hell is your business. Siyeon, what a fool you are sometimes, well, honestly.

- Why did I date with Minji? - Bora asked in surprise, and I realized that sometimes it was better for me to be silent at all.

- Sorry, I don’t know what came over me. It's none of my business, and I don't want to get involved in ...none my business, ”I muttered in embarrassment, feeling myself blush. I can't even make a proposal properly. Idiot.

- No, I can answer,” Bora said calmly, continuing to look at me. I carefully studied the road under my feet.

- No, I just blurted out something without thinking.

No, tell me, tell me why she?

- Siyeon, - Bora stopped me, taking my hand, so I still had to look at her. - I understand that you are worried about this topic. And I understand what this situation looks like. And that this is not easy. But we can talk about it, - Bora's calm voice brought me to my senses a little, and I was even able to smile. Slightly.

- I'm a little uncomfortable,” I admitted honestly, taking a deep breath. - It's just ... I don't understand why you ... Well, Minji - she's not particularly inclined to a serious relationship, and she usually immediately informs about it. No, of course, girls often hope that they will be special, but ... Damn, you are so different, - I gasped, having no more strength to choose words.

- Different, - Bora agreed. - But when we met, it did not promise to be something serious. We just communicated well, it was interesting for us together, and ... Well, then you know. Minji did not demand anything from me, I did not demand anything from her. It was just ... symbiosis. She is a good person, we both know that, - at that moment I nodded in the affirmative, - but for a relationship, a real relationship, Minji must meet someone who will turn her world upside down. And that's not me. And we both knew it. We were just having a good time. I understood that she would not break my heart, she understood the same.

- We had a good time,” I muttered, remembering Minji’s words.

- Siyeon, I will not portray a prude with puritanical views, yes, we had such a connection with her, not binding, but ... This does not mean that I did not think that I would want a full-fledged relationship if I meet the right person ... And if you don't understand, I'm talking about you.

- And I turned up on time, right? - I snorted, again unable to control my emotions.

- You're unfair now, - Bora's voice hardened. - I did not deceive Minji and did not deceive you. When I realized that I like you more than my friend, I ended my relationship with Minji. Because it wouldn't be fair. And, mind you, at that moment I did not know what you feel about me, - Bora let go of my hand and moved back a little.

- Sorry, - I sighed, - I just ... I have to talk about everything with Minji, but I have no idea how to do it. I mean, make it not look like betrayal. Well, you just broke up, and I ... God, - I raised my head to the cloudless sky and closed my eyes.

- I understand, - Bora came closer again and put her arms around my face, forcing me to look into her eyes. - But we can handle it. Because I like you too much to let you go so easily.

I smiled slightly at her and nodded.

- Well, let's go to the house? It seems that Wolfy is starting to freeze, - I turned my head and saw my dog, which was still running in the snow, but periodically clenched one or the other paw.

- Yes, I think I redeemed my guilt in front of her by a long walk.

 

Thanks everyone! It's a pleasure to read your reviews.

I think it will be 1-2 more chapters and I'm finishing this fanfic.

Well, I have more fanfiction ahead. 

I'm thinking about the next story! It will probably about Jiyoo! And maybe it will be a story between a student and teacher! Are you interesting in reading something like this?

Thank you all once again!