Chapter 13

My best friend's girlfriend

Minji sat up straight, gazing into my eyes. 

- In general, I ... - how difficult it was. To look at her and know that my words will cause her, if not pain, then obvious displeasure. - I have to say that ...

Minji looked at me, then slightly lowered her eyes and at the moment when there was another pause in my speech, she issued:

- Is that a hickey?!

I blinked in surprise. What?

- I ask, is it a hickey on your neck ?! - Minji abruptly moved to me and pulled back the collar of the shirt. - SIYEON! I didn't think you love that, ”Minji laughed, letting go of me. - And who is she?

I blushed. Heck.

- It's not a hickey, - I muttered embarrassedly and got up from the sofa to go to the mirror. Damn it, apparently, Bora did not calculate the strength of her teeth and bite.

- Believe me, Siyeon, I have had enough in my life to and I know what a hickey looks like” Minji continued to laugh. - Well, who is it? Why didn't you tell me? Is that what you wanted to say?

 

What can I answer her? I was going to tell her the truth, but I didn't plan to tell her that Bora and I had come this far. Now what? “Never mind, this is my new girlfriend who tried, by the way, this is your ex - Bora, we have been dating for the third week already”, is that right ?!

- Is that Yoohyeon? Yes? Tell me! - Minji's eyes burned with interest. - You said she annoys you?

- This is…” I finally found a voice. “It's… yes.

Damn me! What a coward I am!

- Wow, how did this happen? Did she call? You? Tell me, - Minji sprawled on the couch, getting ready to listen.

- Well ... No, it ... It happened by accident. I didn't want to ... I just ...

- Yes of course. This is not the first time you sleep, and you still “didn't want to,” Minji smiled. - And what? You are dating?

- No,” I shook my head in protest. - We're not dating.

- It's a pity. She looks like a pretty good girl. 

- Yes she is, - I nodded understandingly.

- I see, you are just ing? - Minji stretched out in a knowing tone.

- Yes, I say, I have nothing with her! - I was angry. How long can I woo this Yoohyeon!

- Yeah,” Minji giggled. - Tell that to your neck er. Both of you are like teenagers.

***

For the rest of the evening Minji made fun of me. And I cursed my cowardice. After all, I could tell everything frankly. It didn't matter how she reacted, but I wouldn't feel the remorse that overwhelmed me more and more. Now I was not only hiding something, now I also blatantly lied. No wonder they say that one little lie leads to another. And in the end, this is a huge confusion of lies that you will sooner or later have to unravel.

I thought about this especially strongly when I came to Bora a week later. Now we acted differently - if I went to her I came with Wolfy. So I didn't worry about her, and I didn't have to rush home in the morning to walk her. The three of us were sitting in the kitchen, waiting for the delivery of only ordered Japanese cuisine, when Minji called me, and I was looking at the phone in confusion. Finally, with a sigh, I answered the call:

- Hello?

- Hello! - judging by her voice, Minji was in a wonderful mood.

- Hi, Minji, - I answered and looked sideways at Bora, who squeezed my hand in support. She was aware of my confession fiasco, and although she didn't like my excuse too much, she said she understood me.

- What are you doing? Do you want to go somewhere? - I heard that Minji was in the car, and I realized that, knowing Minji, she could have already driven in my direction.

- No, Minji, not today,” I said, trying to speak firmly and calmly.

- Well, damn it. And what are you doing that you cannot allocate an evening to your beloved friend? - I heard that she is upset, although Minji tried not to show it. - We began to see each other very rarely. As if you are living with Handong again.

- No,” I gave a nervous laugh. - Handong has nothing to do with it.

- Ah-ah, - Minji "guessed". - But some woman is involved here after all? Yoohyeon? - Minji laughed.

I had no choice but to use the version that she herself suggested:

- Yeah. As always, you are quick-witted, - I said quietly, closing my eyes. Well, another blatant lie.

- I knew it! I suspected she would get to you! - Minji laughed. - Okay, I won't bother you. And do not let her leave hickeys, it's ugly.

- I ... Yes, - I nodded to myself. - Good evening.

- And you, my little lecher, - giggled Minji.

- She wanted to meet you? - asked Bora when I put the phone on the table.

- Yeah,” I sighed. - I'm a terrible person. And in hell there is already a separate cauldron for me, I'm sure. ”I closed my eyes and threw my head back.

- Don't be silly,” Bora kissed my forehead and brushed my hair off my face.

- She thinks I'm with Yoohyeon,” I admitted. Bora twitched an eyebrow, but said nothing. - Listen, what if we move?

- In terms of?

- Well, we'll leave for another city, a year will pass ... or ten ... We'll be back, Minji will forget about everything, then we'll tell her. M? - I looked with hope at Bora. She was silent for a minute, then laughed.

- Do you really think this is the way out? You will “eat” yourself if you don’t confess. I can see how worried you are, - Bora put her arm around my shoulders and sat down on my lap.

- I know,” I grumbled. “I just tried.

- You're funny, - Bora kissed me on the cheek. - Let me open the wine, you will relax a little ...

- Okay,” I nodded. - But I want to eat. Where is this delivery?

- Will come soon. Another ten minutes, and you sing. I didn't know you were such a glutton when we started dating, ”Bora giggled, trying to get off my lap while I started tickling her.

- I'm a glutton, so yes? - I tickled Bora with all zeal, and Wolfy, hearing laughter, began to bark, trying to calm us down.

We were furious, running all over the apartment, until the intercom rang.

- You are just unrealistically lucky, woman, I'll open and take the food, and you get some wine.

- Whatever you say, Commander, - Bora laughed and threw another small pillow at me.

I went to the intercom and pressed the door open button. I took the money out of jacket and, after Wolfy, sent her into the kitchen. At that moment, the doorbell rang.

Minji and I looked at each other, I think, for a minute. Without a word. We just stared. At that moment, the intercom was called again. I continued to stand like a statue, not even knowing what to do. Minji was the first to come to her senses:

- Open the door. They call.

I blinked and, without taking my eyes off Minji, answered the phone:

- Yes? - my voice was hoarse beyond recognition.

- Delivery! - the delivery man was much more cheerful than I was at that moment.

- I'm opening it, - I muttered and finally looked away from Minji's cold eyes to get to the door opening button. Hanging up, I looked at Minji again. I shouldn't have hoped that this couple of seconds would at least change something. Her gaze was the same prickly.

- Yoohyeon, really?? - Minji grinned unkindly.

- Minji, I ... - I don't know how, I wanted to justify myself. But Minji interrupted me.

- How long?

- Minji, this is ...

- I asked, how long? - I have never heard such a voice from Minji. Never.

- Three weeks. Maybe a little more, ”I sighed, realizing that I just couldn't lie anymore. Seriously, I was standing in Bora's hallway in home shorts! And Minji is quite capable of adding two and two.

- Why? - Minji asked dully.

- Minji, she ... I couldn't help myself, I ...

- Not. Why didn't you tell me right away? - Minji did not seem to hear my words.

- I ... - I did not know what to answer. What am I a coward? Why am I scared?

- I thought we were friends, Siyeon,” Minji smiled crookedly.

I didn’t have time to say anything, because at that moment the elevator door opened and a guy in a red uniform and a big bag came out.

- Delivery, - he looked at me, then at Minji and seemed to shrink. Not surprisingly, there was such tension between us that in his place I would have thrown an order at us and fled without waiting for the money. Purely for security reasons.

- Tell Bora, please, to send me my things,” Minji said coldly. Turning to the elevator, she added, - Bon appetit.

***

- Why did you stay there for so long? - asked Bora when I went into the kitchen with boxes of food. “I've already poured the wine and fed Wolfy.

- Minji came, - I said, methodically putting the food on the table.

- What?

- Minji came,” I repeated calmly. - Apparently, she wanted to take her things. She asked you to send them to her.

- But ... you ... did you say?" - Bora asked cautiously, coming up to me.

- Yeah,” I snorted. - We spoke. I guess I no longer have a friend.

- What for? What she said? - Bora looked into my eyes, and I saw her sincere concern.

- Nothing. She wish us bon appetit.

- What?

- It doesn't matter,” I shook my head. “Bora, you should have seen her look ... - I said, remembering Minji's eyes. And again I felt uneasy. “She only asked why I didn’t tell her. Hell. Bora, I ... I don't know how I am without her. I mean ... Well, I'm used to being friends with her. And then ... She looked at me like I was a stranger, you know? And ... It was creepy.

- I understand, - Bora hugged me. - Everything will be fine, you'll see. She just needs time. "Sleep" with this thought, get used to it. 

Try talking to her in a couple of days. She will calm down, and I think you can think of something.

- I hope,” I sighed, realizing that I was not ready to lose my best friend.

***

I called Minji two days later, as Bora had advised. She didn't pick up the phone. Then the next day. And the next one. I called several times a day for a week. And only on Friday after another call came a message from Minji.  I opened an SMS.

"Stop calling me."

I looked at the message for a minute. Damn, it was so cold my fingers froze. Without thinking twice, I dialed Minji again.

The person you are calling is unavailable or out of network coverage.

I dare to consider myself a completely happy person. I have a job that I like, I have a good salary that allows me to live the way I want, I have a wonderful dog and, most importantly, a girl with me, whom I love very much. I am a happy. And even despite the fact that my best friend put me on the “black list” and has been refusing to communicate with me for several weeks now and does not even open the door for me, when I arrive, I am a happy person. 

Therefore, three days before the New Year, I am sitting with my girlfriend in the trauma ward, because I closed the car door so hard, without removing my hand, that it seems that I broke my finger. Or two. In general, Bora and I sat in a rather gloomy corridor with constantly flashing lamps for about twenty minutes and waited for us to be called for an appointment. 

- Hurts badly? - asked Bora.

- No, not really, - I lied a little. The slight shock had already receded, so the aching pain gradually intensified.

- I feel guilty. You were distracted by me, - said Bora, and it seemed to me that she was trying to suppress a laugh.

- Well… I’m not going to argue that if you hadn’t put Mrs. Santa's bra over my head, I might have safely closed the car door.

The fact is that Bora and I went to the gift shop. And out of stupidity they bought a o suit of the Snow Maiden - and a bra made of red and white fur. And Bora put it on her head when we got home. I saw, started laughing and ... broke my fingers.

- Sorry,” Bora giggled again. - You shouldn't have bought this stupid suit.

- It's a little out of your style, but I'm sure you'll be damn good at it,” I chuckled. - For fun, I wanted to give such Minji in due time, - I said and became sad. Bora, of course, noticed this.

- Do you miss her? She asked, smiling slightly.

- Yeah. I miss, - I sighed.

- You could call her from another number.

- You know, I thought about it,” I admitted. - But ... Damn, I didn't kill anyone! She didn't even give a chance to talk to her! She didn't let me explain everything. This, too, you know, is not a friendship. Yes, of course it's my fault. But talk to me, find out what and how it really happened, and then decide whether you want to be friends with me or not! - I gave out and sighed again. - Heck! Will they accept us soon, or should I wait for the bones to heal themselves ?! - I finally lost my temper.

- Calm down,” Bora squeezed my knee peacefully. - I'm going to the registry now and find out everything.

- Okay,” I nodded, trying to calm myself. Stupid day.

It was easier to go to a private clinic, give a lot of money, but save a few hours. We were already in line for an x-ray among other people.

Finally, the deed was done. And we were already waiting for the finished picture. Although they already knew that the fracture was confirmed. Now rest and no . At least with your right hand.

Looking around the boring informative posters on the walls, I heard some screams and curses on the stairs. Bora and I simultaneously turned our heads in that direction, and I was ready to swear one of the voices was familiar to me.

- I'm her official representative! I have the right to come in! - I heard already from the corridor.

They obviously didn't want to let some woman in. I did not hear what exactly was answered, as the second voice was deaf and low. Apparently, the nurse who sat at the entrance.

- Yes, I do not care that only patients are allowed here! - continued to be indignant some woman. - Siyeon! Siyeon!!!

I widened my eyes. Can not be.

- Siyeon! - Handong jumped out like a hawk. She looked around the corridor with the same hawkish gaze and, seeing me, rushed to our side with Bora. - Siyeon! Are you alive?! What's the matter?! Why are you lying her ?! They don't know a damn thing about medicine! 

Handong jumped up to me in a second, started examining me from head to toe, feeling, checking for integrity. When she touched my chest, I could not resist, screaming:

- Handong! What the hell are you doing ?! How did you end up here ?!

- What do you mean "how did I end up here" ?! You have an accident, you think that I will leave you. Despite the fact that you are a terrible pain in the ?! - Handong was indignant, having ceased to touch me all the same. - What's broken? How did it all happen? I'll sue them, you know!

- Whom? I blinked stupidly. What's happening?

- Handong, how did you know we were here? Bora asked cautiously.

- Minji called me,” Handong said in such a voice as if Bora and I were idiots, if we hadn't already understood this.

- What Minji? - I blinked again.

Handong looked at me sympathetically.

- You hit your head, right? Shake? What happened, Siyeon? Where is Minji? - Handong, as usual, did not give any clarity, only confused it even more.

- Handong, what head? What are you talking about?

At that moment, I shuddered again when I heard the voice of whom I had not expected at all.

- What happened? Siyeon, how are you? Why are you standing? Why weren't you placed in the ward? - Minji was red with frost and out of breath. 

I looked from Minji to Handong, from her to Bora. What's happening? As soon as I was about to ask about it out loud, I was interrupted by the doctor, who left the office:

- So what kind of meeting? Also in outerwear? The man frowned and looked at me. - Get an X-ray. In the seventh now - there you will have a plaster cast.

- Th-thanks," I muttered as I took pictures.

- What's broken? Handong screamed again. - Bora, why didn't you call me? Thank God, Minji guessed it, and you ... - the woman shook her head.

- How do you know? - I continued to look at Minji.

- Bora called me, - muttered Minji, also not understanding anything.

The three of us stared at my girlfriend. Bora blushed and coughed.

- Um ... Handong, let's go have some coffee. Minji, go with Siyeon to the plaster, okay? Bora smiled sweetly at Minji.

- Let's go? I asked quietly, not knowing at all how to behave.

Minji nodded silently and followed me.

- So what happened? she asked as we sat down on a solid bench outside the office.

- Broke my fingers,” I shrugged.

- How?

- The door slammed unsuccessfully.

- Hmm ... Your girlfriend knows how to present everything in the "best" light, - Minji smiled.

- In terms of? I frowned.

- Well, she called me, said something unintelligible about the car, you and the fractures. It sounded like you almost had an accident. The connection was also bad, everything seemed to croak. I realized that something had happened to you, well, and I immediately called Handong. She flew out faster than me.

- You came, despite the fact that ... - I hesitated. It was difficult to keep going.

- Of course I came, - Minji chuckled. - And yes, despite the fact that you are still that .

We were silent for a minute.

- Forgive me, Minji,” I said finally. “I didn't want it to work out that way. I didn't want to lie to you or hide it, I just ...

- What, Siyeon? Did you think I’d say “don’t try to date her”?

- Well ... I don't know ..." I muttered.

- You're a fool, Siyeon, - Minji muttered.

- I know. It's just ... I love her, Minji. Do you understand? She is the one. My one. And I would give a lot if I could make everything somehow more correct. But ... It just so happened.

- The one? - Minji pensively stretched, examining the floor.

- Yes.

- And how is that?

- In what sense?

- Well, how did you understand that she was the one?

- I do not know. Fell in love almost immediately. I tried to suppress it as best I could. I didn't want this love. Moreover, she was with you. But ... It doesn't turn off.

- And how does it feel with your girlfriend?

- What?

- Everything.

- You mean ... ?" - I was alerted. I won't even discuss this with her.

- Siyeon, I don't recognize you! - Minji laughed. - What does have to do with it? In general, in general. How does it feel to date the one?

- You know, as if ... as if you directly feel that you are living. It is right. And it's nice.

- Interesting, - Minji grunted.

After a little pause, I hesitantly asked:

- You are not mad at me anymore?” Are we friends again?

- We never stopped being them,” Minji shrugged. - We just had a little spat.

- And now this spat is over? I asked hopefully.

- It's over, - Minji patted me on the shoulder. - Excuse me too. I was a little unprepared ... for this. But ... I'm glad for you. Fair. And Bora looks happy. Yes, and you are blooming. ”Minji giggled.

- Well, you look pretty good too, - I grinned, looking around Minji.

- There are reasons ... - Minji pointedly drawled.

- Well?" I stared at her with interest. At that moment, a guy with a cast ankle came out of the office.

- All later, - Minji nodded at the door, hinting that I had to go.

I sighed and went to the office.

“By the way,” she called out to me when I had already opened the door. - How about celebrating the New Year together? Only I will not be alone, - Minji winked at me, and I just smiled happily.

- I will be very glad, Minji.

Epilogue

- Who would have known that Minji would decide on this, right? - I muttered, hanging wet swimwear on the heated towel rail.

- Well, she seems to be really happy, - Bora smiled, hugging me from the back.

- This is understandable, but ... to ask Yoohyeon to marry? After six months of relationship? What happened to my friend?

- Aren't you happy for her? - Bora raised an eyebrow and turned me to her.

- Of course, I'm glad, it's just ...

- What, are you afraid that now I will decide to raise this topic and make you marry me? - Bora grinned.

- Do not be silly. It's just ... somehow new. For Minji.

- Everything is changing, Siyeon,” Bora shrugged and kissed me on the cheek. 

- I'm going to change. I advise you to hurry up too. I'm hungry.

- of course, - Bora laughed, dodging a blow with a towel.

For the third day we had a rest in another city with Minji and Yoohyeon, leaving Wolfy in the care of Handong. By the way, Yoohyeon is the same neighbor of Bora. They, as it turned out, met exactly on the day when Minji and I "had a fight." And, to my surprise, their relationship did not develop rapidly, as usual, but calmly and restrained. Well, how calm ... They slept not on the day they met, as it usually happened in Minji's connections, but after a week. During the second meeting. And in a strange way, this couple still existed. Moreover, Minji made Yoohyeon ... an offer. And after the rest they are going either to Denmark or somewhere else to get married. 

Now, it seems, Minji understands what is the difference when next to you is "the one".

- What are you thinking about? - Bora appeared as if out of nowhere, tearing me out of my thoughts.

- Nothing, - I smiled, hugging my girlfriend.

- I thought it was about how happy you are that you have me,” she said in a mock upset voice.

- Oh, I always remember that.

- Really? - Bora stopped a millimeter from my lips.

- Honestly.

- I love you,” Bora touched her lips weightlessly to mine, then traced a path of light kisses from the jaw to the ear.

- I love you too,” I whispered. - And you know what?

- M? - Bora bit my earlobe.

- I guess I don't mind missing dinner,” I smiled and, taking her hand, led her to the bed.

 

Hello!

Well, the story has come to an end. Thanks to those who have read.

Thank you very much for your support! It really means a lot to me.

I hope that I made you happy with this fanfic.

A new story is already on the way!

I have great ideas so can't wait to share with you.(School, teacher, student Jiyoo…)

Have a nice day!

Stream Odd eye!