Chapter Eight: You!

Just Another Happy Ever After
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I don’t know how you convinced me to support you on this.” Eunjong said in defeat.

“Everything will be fine Unnie.” She told her. She hoped that it will be just like that. The sea is calm, but her insides aren’t. She thought that everything will soon be back in its place. And that she will not be anymore haunted by her past mistakes.

“I hope so Yong. Your cousin will probably kill me if she knows I’m supporting you in this craziness.” Eunjong can’t help but to also feel nervous. What's going to happen with Yongsun in the cove will surely reach her wife and she's afraid of her reaction.

“Don’t worry about me Unnie, I won’t be long. Maybe by tomorrow I will be able to finish my business with Moonbyul and come back to here in one piece.” Yongsun tried to mask her nervousness with a joke.

They are now heading towards the sail boat docked in the small port of Matthew Town. Ensenada del Escrito had arranged for the sailboat with specific order from the reclusive author.

Yongsun will be posing as a columnist who is going to feature the Writer’s Cove in the upcoming issue of a well-known travel magazine in Korea. Eunjong is a friend of the magazine editor and had asked if she could cover for Yongsun if Moonbyul would inquire about her. They already called the assistant of Moonbyul to inform her that Yongsun is on her way there now. She never heard anything from the author though, but Moonbyul already gave the permission to enter the cove and sent a word that she doesn’t want Yongsun to take photos of her private villa.

“Call me anytime and I will come pick you up, okay? Eunjong shouted when the boat departed the small port of Matthew Town.

She saw 3 people waiting for her in the private port of Ensenada del Escrito, a woman and two men. The woman is Moonbyul’s assistant, and the men are the head caretaker and the one supervising the operation of the cove. There’s no Moonbyul in sight, Yongsun thought... she felt a bit disappointed not seeing the reason why she came here for.

When the sailboat reached the private port of the cove, she became suddenly nervous. All the peeptalk she did to herself along the way didn't help to erase the nervous beating of her heart. She is now becoming unsure and plan to talk to the captain to turn the boat back to the town and abort her mission, when suddenly…

“Look who’s here!”

All of them were startled hearing the voice coming from behind. Yongsun froze. The voice had been painfully familiar… That deep, velvety voice she can’t forget. The one who uttered her name in pure bliss during that unforgettable moment. She groaned.

“Welcome to Ensenada del Escrito! … I am Moonbyul.”

Oh, my God! This could not happen to her at this moment. She doesn’t want to turn around and face the person. She is not ready and she doesn't know what to do. 

She slowly turned around and was met with a pair of curious eyes. She couldn't believe it! That person still possesses silver-grey hair, a bit shorter this time.  Long eye lashes, almost-perfect pointed nose on top of a charming triangular face, and those tempting kissable lips. She blushed with how her thoughts are going right now. She cleared her thoughts and remained silent.

“And you are Ms. Kim, I presume?” Moonbyul added, after getting no response from the woman.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter