Chapter Six: One Night

Just Another Happy Ever After
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oh God! I dont know how to explain this but this is another lengthy chapter Friends. I initially planned to divide this into two chapters - like Chapter 6.1 and 6.2 but I changed my mind considering that it would take ages again that I can upload a new chapter. I have done a back-to-back uploading of chapters to compensate for my absence by the way :-) Im on a holiday too at the moment, so I took the time to really get back to the story. 

 

Byul is angry with herself. It’s been hours and she is still staring at a blank page in front of her laptop. She was able to write a few things, but this day has become very slow for her liking. Its not that she is in a hurry because the deadline is still very far. She just needs to write to distract herself. Whenever she writes, she would temporarily forget her worries, her problems. But not this time. She could not concentrate. The memory of that woman disturbs her. It’s been weeks since that time and she failed to erase the memories from her mind.

She is wondering why that woman affected her so much. She was not her first one-night stand for Pete's sake! She had been with a lot of women in the past and no one had affected her so much until her. The woman had not only troubled her mind, but also created a confusing feeling in her heart. She disturbs her work. Oh God! she wanted to see her again – Solar. She asked herself if she is ready to let her come into her life. A lot of women dared but no one successfully managed to do so. Is she ready to accept that she might be feeling something for the woman? Even if this might be a bit foreign to her? She has never fallin in love. 

“I am such a cliché.”

Byul halted. Did she hear Solar’s voice? She close her eyes. She was hearing her voice now. This should not be good.

When she open her eyes, she looked at her laptop. An idea came to her. Although it’s a bit ridiculous but maybe this will help her gain back her focus. She opened a new document and wrote ‘One Night’. In the next hours, she was already focus writing the new story.

Back in Korea...

Yongsun had lost her mind. She had made love to a stranger and given herself fully to that person, one thing that she wasn’t able to give Eric during their time together. And now, she couldn’t forget her – Byul.

After staring into space for an hour, Yongsun was startled by her phone ringing and instantly smiled when she saw the caller’s name.

“Hey!” she answered happily. Jiwo was still her favorite person in the world despite the decisions she made. It’s been a long time since she last saw her cousin because she is now living in a small island somewhere in the Bahamas with her wife. Jiwo surprised everyone when she jilted her fiancé one week before their wedding. Everyone in their family was shocked to know that Jiwo had ditched her long-time boyfriend for a woman she just met recently. Nobody expected or suspected that things will turn out this way. When Jiwo married her girlfriend, she was there. She didn’t asked questions, she quietly supported them. Jiwo was so in love with her wife Eunjung. She didn’t saw her cousin looked at her ex-fiancé or any of her past lovers this way. It was like Eunjung awakened the passion in her.

“Hey kid. How are you?” Jiwo asked her giddily. Yongsun could almost see the wide grin on her cousin’s face.

“Fine, thanks for asking. How are you?”

“Great! Listen, me and Eunjung have just arrived back in the country now. Just wondering if we could have dinner.”

“Of course! I won’t say no to free food my dear cousin.” Yongsun laughed. It will help her save some money for food. Besides she misses her cousin so much as well. She was the only person who can easily make her feel good. It’s just unfortunate that Jiwo is now living permanently in Bahamas.

Yongsun kissed Jiwo’s cheeks when she saw her in the restaurant. “Im sorry, Im late. Traffic.”

“Don’t worry, I didn’t wait too long. Have you been eating well? Your losing weight, Yongsun.” Jiwo worriedly asked.

Yongsun didnt answered her cousin's question and asked for Jiwo’s wife when she didn’t see her in the table.

“She’s with her family. She also wants for us to have a private time together.”

“That’s sweet of her Unnie. I also want to see her; you know that I have a girl-crush on your wife.” Yongsun grinned.

“You will see her tomorrow at breakfast Kid.” Jiwo answered laughing. “How are you really?” She added.

Yongsun just shrugged her shoulders and added that she had just broke up with Eric. She sees that Jiwo is not pushing for any explanation about what happened.

“Im sorry.”

“It happens”, she added casually.

“How’s writing?” Jiwo asked to change the subject.

“Bad. I need to write something. I need to submit a new manuscript to pay my rent next month. I don’t want to go back to my parents for help.”

“You went through something major. Of course, you will have difficulty in getting back to writing. Let me help you with the rent for now—”

“Thanks Unnie, but no. I am a strong and independent woman. Please let me handle this.”

“Okay.”

“Thank you though. I'm pretty sure I will be able to write one soon...”

“Im sure you can.” Jiwo smiled assuringly to her.

When Yongsun dec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter