Chapter Seven: Ensenada del Escrito

Just Another Happy Ever After
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two years later…

“Congratulations Kid!”

Yongsun cried when she saw Jiwo inside the theater. She hurriedly went to hug her cousin. Jiwo smiled and hugged her back.

“Hey, the movie hasn’t started yet, and you are already crying.” Her cousin .

“I don’t deserve this. You know I don’t.”

“Shhh… don’t say that. You deserve this.”

“This success isn’t mine Unnie. I’m a fr—”

“Hush, okay? Let’s not talk about that. This is your night.” Jiwo handed her a handkerchief.

Yongsun was about to breakdown. She was close to losing it. A lot of people congratulated her, and she received a lot of praise, but why isn’t she happy? Because she don’t deserve those praises, she is a fraud. She should not even be here. Does she have no shame left?

Jiwo told her to calm down and guide her to her seat. She saw Eunjong and she stood up and hug her, apologizing for the scene that she had witness earlier. Eunjong hugged her back and whispered soothing words.

Tonight, is the premiere night of the movie “Just Another Happy Ever After”, the movie adaptation of the novel she stole from Moonbyul.

Two years ago, Yongsun submitted Moonbyul’s manuscript. She just needed the money to get by, to pay her bills. She needed to do that in order not to go back to her parents. After submitting the manuscript, she realized the mistake she had made and felt so guilty about it. She tried to get it back and halted it's publishing but it was already too late, the editor loved it and hasten up its release. She could have corrected everything and tell her publisher that the manuscript isn’t hers, but she was a ing coward. She was afraid that it will destroy her. That the truth will destroy her career.

When the book was published. Yongsun's career shoot up. The book received excellent reviews from the readers and for the first time, she was included in the best sellers list for three months. She was then signed as an exclusive writer. Every book that was released under her name after that also became a best seller and she was known as an acclaimed novelist for the past 2 years. She loved the praises and attention. She felt important. The success felt so good. She was drowned in her success when she signed the contract of the movie adaptation of her first novel. But she regretted it later…

She stole a manuscript. This success is not hers. She shouldn’t be here. She is not the one to rightfully receive all these praises. She is a fraud!

Yongsun was a mess after the movie screening. She was emotionally drained. Jiwo brought her back to the couple's rented apartment.

“Listen, I have to leave for LA tomorrow morning and I hate to leave you like this Kid. I want us to talk more about what happen today, but you are not emotionally ready yet. I want you to go with Eunjong back to the Bahamas. Take a break for a while. Find yourself. You can stay in our house for as long as you want. We would love to have you there Kid.” Jiwo kissed her head.

Yongsun nodded. Her success don't make her happy anymore. She felt suffocated. She needs to go somewhere where she could think through things.

Bahamas…

The trip was long, but Yongsun enjoyed it very much. From the plane, she could see the clear blue sky, turquoise blue water, and the long stretch of white sand of the Bahamas Island. Her heart was filled with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter