Chapter Four: Moon Byul-E

Just Another Happy Ever After
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello...

This chapter is a bit longer this time because it describes one of the main character, Moon Byul-E. I would say she is a bad- character, hard on the outside, but soft inside.

Have fun reading! 

 

 

Moon Byul-E is a mystery and crime novelist. She didn’t expect that she will be catapulted to fame after the publish of her first novel.  Her books were consistently on the bestsellers lists for the past 7 years. And so far, there has been no bad reviews about her work, every comment is better than the previous. People are drawn to her presence like bees to honey, despite her mysterious aura. She had kept her head above the water despite the fame and managed to not get drown with all the attention she is getting. At the end of the day, all she wanted is to write quality stories.

Moonbyul, the name she is using in her books – has been one of the best in the literary world. Two of her books became movies already. Three were optioned to become movies. Two months ago, she received a call from her agent about an offer to make into a TV series one of her best-selling book series. She thought about this for two weeks and her agent didn’t understand why she needed a lot of time to decide on the matter. A lot of people doesn’t know that as a writer, sometimes, she just wanted to leave the characters in the pages of her book, for she is uncertain if  the silver screen would be able to do justice to her characters. Byul-E wanted to keep them the way he made them. Sometimes, she just wanted to be selfish and keep to herself all the secrets her characters possesses.

But the offer is too good to turn down. Her book series is still ongoing, and the TV adaptation would be beneficial to the sales of the succeeding books.

To be honest, she doesn’t need the money she will be getting from the deal. She came from one of the richest family in South Korea. Her family started one of the biggest conglomerates in the country – oil, infrastructure, constructions, food, and beverages. Her family’s wealth revolved around these commodities. She only have one sibling and their father wanted them to follow his footstep and run the company.

But Byul-E is the odd one in the family, she is not interested in running the family business. She knows that she will never be able to fulfill the wishes of her father. She is an artist and she is more attune to her creative side. She don't want to work 15 hours a day, 7 days a week. She doesn’t want to wear a suit and be confined in an office.

She was in high school when she realized that she wanted to be a writer and she didn’t think she had the talent at that time. She had a lot of stories in her head, and she wrote it down in order not to forget about them. Her older brother, Minhyuk, was the one who first read those stories. He said they were so good. She didn’t believe him because she knows that her brother would always say good things no matter how crappy her stories are.

Minhyuk was the one who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter