Chapter 11: Ours/Us

Just Another Happy Ever After
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Come on…” Moonbyul gently took Yongsun’s arms and asked her to leave the breakfast table and led her inside. “I wanted to tell you something too… my inspiration for writing that story. Would you hear me out?”

Kim Yongsun weakly nodded and let Moonbyul led her towards the comfortable settee on the other side of the villa facing the ocean.

“There is someone from the past that I don’t want to forget or have tried to forget.” Moonbyul sighed. “I tried my best to find that person, but it seems that person just vanished, like smoke into thin air.” Moonbyul quietly glanced at Yongsun, sporting a mild interest in the other woman’s expression. “I have tried everything just to get that person out of my mind, to the point of me not being able to write a novel for a while. That person’s memories kept distracting me. Like I am a scarred person. I have that person’s imprint…like a scar.”

Yongsun stayed silent and tried to guard her emotions. She doesn’t know why she felt a different kind of discomfort listening to the author telling her the story. She doesn’t know the person and she doesn’t want to know who that person is. All she knows is that how fortunate that person is... to have caught the interest of this famous and recluse author.

“So, after weeks of mulling over my unfortunate situation, an idea came to me. I thought that if I would write down my thoughts about that person, then maybe, I would be free from this invincible chain that I am in and I could go back to my normal routine. And I did, it worked like magic.” Moonbyul smiled remembering the past.

“But then, I saw that person again. At first, I thought my eyes is tricks on me. I told myself that its not possible. I have searched for her and when I didn’t get any clue of where she is or who she might be, in the end, I stopped. I thought that I have forgotten her, but I have realized that I haven’t. She’s still here. Her imprint… on me.” Moonbyul’s voice had turned a notch lower, almost akin to a whisper.

Yongsun tried to make sense of what she heard but found none. She just looked at Moonbyul in wonderment. Why is she telling me all these things? Have she gone mad? I’m a total stranger! Yongsun thought to herself. And did Unnie knew about this?

“Your cousin Jiwo knew…” Moonbyul added and somewhat answered the question in Yongsun's mind. “I have been attracted to women since I was little. Its always them for me and not the opposite gender. I only have few pleasures in this life, one of them is women. As I have told you, I am not hiding this aspect of my life. I am a very private person, so you don’t hear stories about my ‘escapades’ because I simply don’t do those things. I meet peopl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter