Trip 29

I Fall In Love... On A Bus Ride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin's POV

‘Mwo?!?’ All of them shouted after hearing my announcement.

‘I was saying..’ I repeated.

‘We heard you clearly but wae?’ Key cut in and probed, looking at me with his x-ray eyes, as if trying to see through my mind.

‘It was…’ My eyes traveled to the back of the bus and met with hers. Was she looking at me?

‘Palli!’ Jonghyun urged. ‘wae?’

‘When did you all become so interested in gossip?’ I threw a question back at them.

‘I just don’t get it!’ Key shook his head.

‘Me too!’ Jonghyun said.

‘Mwo? You too! First time that we think alike.’ Key high-fived Jonghyun.

‘I guessed our dongseang here didn’t want to talk too much about it. Let’s give it a rest.’ Onew said, earning acknowledgements from all of them.

‘Gomawo hyung!’ I thanked Onew who just nodded in response.

I looked to the back of the bus again but this time round, her head was down, looking at her book. I heaved a sigh. Pabo, she must be looking at Kai. Why would she look at me anyway?

I turned toward Kai only to find him looking at me.

‘Mwo? Is there something on my face?’ I asked him.

‘Aniyo. I am still surprised about your breakup.’ He confessed.

It was the first day after the one week holiday. We managed to meet up again after that day to finish up the assignment given. Hannah told me not to tell the others that we had broken up. She didn’t want the atmosphere to be too heavy for the assignment. That was so nice of her even though she was the victim. During the assignment, she remained her usual cheerful character. I felt remorseful, seeing her trying to act nonchalant even though it hurt her deeply inside.

At recess break, I walked away from the canteen area and started roaming around the school. I guessed Key and Minho were still curious about my breakup from the way they glared at me during classes. Their eyes gave away their determination to dig out information from me whenever they have a chance to talk to me but I managed to shun them every time. I guessed Jonghyun Hyung was thinking of the same thing. Well, I would tell them when the time was ripe. Now was not the right time especially when Min Hye and Kai had just started their relationship.

My legs automatically brought me to the hiding place that Min Hye liked. My eyes immediately scanned the small area for that familiar figure but an empty patch of grass greeted me when I arrived.

Well, it was not my luck to see her here. I lied down on the grass and closed my eyes, taking in deep breath occasionally as I enjoyed the peace the area brought. It was just how amazing that due to a girl’s confession that I get to find here. A place where only I knew Min Hye could go to when she‘s alone. However she was not alone anymore. She got Kai by her side. I guessed the chances of finding her here must be nil.

‘Taemin?’ A familiar voice drifted into my ear, arousing me from my deep thoughts.

‘Min Hye? Why are you here?’ I asked but I immediately regretted after the question was out.

‘Wae? I cannot be here?’ She chuckled out.

Her smile automatically triggered mine. I missed the smile I shared with her but I won't have the chance anymore.

‘Where is Hannah?’ She turned her head around, as if trying to find Hannah.

‘She won’t be here!’ I said while sitting up.

‘Oh! She didn’t know you are here?’ She asked curiously.

‘Aniyo, I had broken up with her.’ I answered, eyes fixed at the bushes in front.

‘Jinjja?’ She gasped.

‘Ne!’ I replied.

‘Arasseo!’ She said as she settled down on her food and book.

The leaves rustled as the wind blew. There was no communication between us but it felt comfortable just sitting beside her. She was the only one who didn't pester or probe me further about my breakup. Although curiosity prompted me to ask her why she didn't ask but my mind said otherwise. What if she said it didn't concern her? What if she hated me after I told her that I dumped Hannah for another? What if...

A lot of 'what If' popped up in my head forcing me to diminish any question that was already at my lips. Occasionally I could stole a glance at her, her concentrated look, giggling or even frowning still amused me even though it was the umpteen times I've seen it. 

I was contented with whatever I had now even though friendship was the only link between us now.

Brrr brrr!

A vibration somewhere broke through the silence and Min Hye's voice followed.

'Yeoboseyo?' she answered, 'Eun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter