Trip 16

I Fall In Love... On A Bus Ride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eun Hee's POV

‘The preparation for the seniors' year-end graduation ceremony is coming to an end soon. How I wished for that day to come earlier so that I can escape from that irritating Dino.’ I grumbled to Min Hye.

‘Dino? Who?’ Min Hye asked me curiously.

When was the last time I saw my best friend here? I couldn’t remember too. I was so busy with my student council activity that I have neglected my chingu for the longest time ever. However we had made it a point to contact each other via the phone at times when we couldn’t meet.

‘I am referring to that irritating pest who has been messaging me, Kim Jonghyun. Don’t you think that he looked like a Dinosaur.’ I answered back, rolled my eyes and diverted my attention back to my laptop on my bed facing Min Hye.

On hearing that, Min Hye threw herself into deep thoughts as if trying to register what I had said earlier. Yes, I did think that Kim Jonghyun looked like a Dinosaur. Many girls liked this dinosaur too which I suspected why. He was super irritating. He was always around no matter where I was, like recess time, before and after school, student council activities. It was as if he had someone reporting my location to him every minutes and seconds. I still have no idea how did he get my number. I thought he would change after that day. I guessed I was wrong. A leopard just wouldn’t change its spot.

A sudden giggle made me looked up at Min Hye. She was suppressing her laughter until her face almost distorted in shape. She must be imagining weird thing between the Dino and me. I gave her head a knock with my knuckle.

‘Don’t you dare to imagine anything funny!’ I warned her.

‘Ouch!’ Min Hye rubbed her head. ‘Your admirers would be disappointed to know that their angel is so violent’ She mehrong at me.

‘What admirer? If I had any, I would rather be a devil than an angel. I am not going to be a demure, gentle and y girl. ’ I told her.

Yes I meant it when I said that. I just don’t understand why the girls would act so demure when the guys they liked were around them. They would just giggle and be as gentle as possible in front of them. But at the snap of a finger, they would tear the mask that hid their evil personality, bossing or rounding up innocent juniors. Did they have double personalities? One good example was Park Soo Ra. She was a very good example of this double personalities girl. She would around, batting eyelids at the Kingkas, including Jonghyun, or even pulled her skirt up until it almost couldn’t cover her bottom. On the other hand, I frequently heard complains from the juniors saying that Soo Ra was asking them to do this and that or even asked them to do her homework for her. What a faker? If everyone were like Min Hye, the world would definitely be happier.

Just then from the corner of my eyes, I saw Min Hye shivering. Is the temperature too low? Recently the weather was so hot that I almost blasted the air conditioner daily. I hoped she was not too cold.

‘Wae? Are you cold?’ I asked her.

‘Aniyo! Maybe someone was scolding me.’ She joked.

‘Hey, who would scold you? If anyone dare to do that, I kicked the of that person.’ I joked back.

She just giggled in response.

I liked my friend here very much. Since young, she always entertained me with her varieties of reactions and emotions. She could also listen to my complaints whenever I had any troubles. She was always there for me just like a real sister could do. It was just a pity that I didn’t have her as my real sister. Both of us were the only children in the family. I guessed that why we were so close to each other.  We understood each other like the front and back of our palm.

‘Is Jonghyun ssi really that bad?’ A sudden question from Min Hye jolted me out of my thoughts.

‘Wae yo! Why discussed about him suddenly?’

‘Ding ding’

My mobile beeped just then, interrupting our conversation. I took my iPhone from my side table and looked at it. I guessed it must be from that Dino. Looking at the locked screen, my guess was right. It was him. Unlocking the phone, I read his message.

Annyeong Sweetheart Eunnie!

Do you miss me? I miss you a lot.

Where are you right now? I could accompany you if you are alone.

Just give me a call and I'll be right there for you.

*Winks*

with loves from Jjong.

I could clearly feel the muscle in my face tensed up as I read that mushy message. How could one send this kind of irky message? It just gave me more goosebumps. I replied him:

I AM NOT YOUR SWEETHEART AND

I DO NOT MISS YOU. Get it?

If you still want me as a friend, I would be glad that you did not message such mushy message. Araso?

Kamsa hamnida! Stop messaging me. I'm busy today.

With hatred from Eun Hee.

I threw my phone onto my bed before I turned back to face Min Hye but only to be greeted by an amused look on her face. Why was she looking at me like that?

‘What's with that look on your face? Is there anything on mine?’ I asked and touched my face at the same time. I hoped the milk didn’t stain on my face just now.

‘Who was that?’ she popped. Her eyes filled with curiosity as she asked.

Uh Oh! An alarm went off in my head.

‘Someone from school.’ I said, avoiding looking into her eyes. Oh great, I never told her that I did message Jonghyun because of that day. I didn’t mention anything about that day to her. Ottokke? How could I stop her from pursuing any further?

‘Who was that?’ She started edging in my direction, her gaze fixed at my eye level. I subconsciously backed off.

‘Someone from school’ I repeated. My hands touched the wall as I continued moving away from her. Oh great! I'm trapped.

‘JINJJA?’ She raised both up her hands, intimidating me with her wriggling fingers like the snakes on a medusa's head.

On seeing that, I could clearly predict what was going to happen next but I decided to try my luck.

‘You're not going to…’ I found myself stuttered as I asked her.

She nodded her head and before I could react, her fingers were already at my waist.

‘Ha.. Ha!’ I laughed uncontrollably,

‘Who is it?’ She demanded as I tried to wriggle out of her demon fingers.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter