--8

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun was not well that day. It was the only day he skipped classes as he was too weak. Minjung noticed some changes in his voice the day before. His voice sounded a little hoarse and today it became worse. He called her that morning and apologised for his absence and for he could not pick her up. Since Baekhyun got a new car, he had always be the one who picks Minjung up from her house and send her home or to cafe everyday. In other words, Baekhyun was officially Minjung's driver. He wanted it that way.

Since the boy was sick, Minjung thought to just take the bus and subway to her college. However that morning her father suddenly offered to send her with his car. Since those days when both Junmyeon and Baekhyun advised her about her father, she decided to make up with him. Maybe not to the extend where they become close, but at least just be nice towards each other. Minjung did not object to it and gladly accepted it. She hated to take subways especially in the mornings and lunch hours. Those are the times when subways are as packed as tunas.

"But maybe I cannot pick you up after class. I have a lunch appointment that time. Perhaps you can... call Baekhyun?" he said before dropping her off infront of the campus' building.

"Dad, he can't even stand up properly. I'll take the subway, no worries." absurd. How could Baekhyun fetch her when he himself was too weak to wake up.

"Can you even take subway? It's better if you call an Uber." He was worried if Minjung take the subways. He ackowledged how packed that place could be during lunch hours. It was dangerous for her to be there alone, unless if she had an accompany. Suddenly, a thought of Sehun crossed his mind. Should he just call him? Well, Sehun himself promised him to take care of Minjung.

Minjung nodded, half-agreed with him. It was way better to take an Uber but it had been awhile since she took subways. So she actually thought to just do it. "We'll see about it dad."

 

 

Minjung entered one of the coaches. As she had expected, the train was really full with people who might be looking for lunch. It was too full that she could not find an empty seat. She just stood there uncomfortably while her hands held the handle tight. It should only take her 3 stations to reach her cafe, but it felt so long especially when the coach was  filled with people. They even pushed each other everytime the train stopped at a station. Minjung looked at route board above the door, one station left.

Suddenly she felt a hand on her . The palm was fully landed on her cheek. Minjung quickly turned back only to find a man in his mid 40s sitting while looking at everwhere except her. He hid his hand immediately too. Minjung's heart started to beat so fast. She was scared, really scared at that time. She did not know how to react in this situation as she never gone through it. Should she scream? Should she just curse at the man? She swore she felt like crying there. She should have just listened to her father. She should have just call an Uber.

While she was still fighting with herself, she found her was again touched by the same hand. She was startled and reflexly move aside to hide her . She was too scared at that time that she even hiccuped.  Her heart thumped heavier and her hands started to become weak. Why was it so long to reach her station?

Suddenly, there was another stranger's hands pulled her backwards, away from the perferveted man. It was Sehun. Without even looking at her, he stood straight infront of Minjung, being a wall between her and the man. He did not say a word but instead he gave the man his deadly sharp glare. Minjung saw him tightened his fists, holding himself back in the train. The man on the other side started to feel uncomfortable with Sehun's glare. His eyes wandered everywhere except at Sehun who was in front of him.

It was only a minute after that, the train stopped at a station, Minjung's station and the doors were opened widely. The ert guy did not wait any longer to quickly step out of the train and disappeared among the people. Seeing that, Sehun also stepped out of the train, running after him. He needed to teach the man some lessons. While Minjung, still hiccuping, slowly exit the coach with her hands on her chest. She did not feel any ease after seeing Sehun, especially after she saw him tightened his fists. She had a feeling that he might beat the man to death. She was afraid thinking about that.

Minjung quickly searched for Sehun in the midst of people there. She swore there were too many people at the station that she felt suffocated, but nevertheless, she still needed to find Sehun, no matter what. She explored the whole platform area but not even his shadow was seen. She then climbed up the stairs that took her straight to the subway station. Her legs wandered around, fast, while her eyes aggresively ran everywhere.

At last, she saw Sehun, near the gents, beating the man as hard as he could. Minjung's hiccup did not go away and in fact became more frequent. She touched her chest again as hiccuping too much caused her pain. She immediately ran towards the two man and she was frozen the moment she saw how bad the man's condition was while still being beaten up. He was too weak to even fight Sehun back. Minjung screamed to Sehun's name a few times, wanting him to stop. At this point, he really could kill a person. 

But Sehun, he was too enraged with the whole situation that he could not hear her. He was too mad that his minds were scattered away, he could not think straight and kept throwing punches. He was mad at both the man and himself. He would never be able to forgive himself if something bad happens to Minjung. How would he live another day if he fails to protect Minjung? Having all that thoughts in his mind causes his punches grew stronger. Sehun did not care if his actions will turn into a murder. That man deserved it so much. He deserved it for courageously touched Minjunt without her consent.

Sehun was too lost in his thoughts when suddenly a pair of warms hands surrounded his arms, Minjung's hands. She was squating next to him and looked straight into his eyes. Sehun was taken aback with that action and automatically let go of the weak man. "Please, you'll hurt yourself." she said softly, sounded half pleaded. Sehun's gaze turned softer and infact, he looked at Minjung with worried eyes. He swore he would do anything to keep her from harm. "It's okay, I'm okay now. You can stop." she continued with reassuring voice.

 

 

This time, Minjung was determined to help Sehun clean his wounds. When they left the subway station, she noticed that his hands were bleeding especially around his fists. So she dragged Sehun all the way from the station to her cafe which took them about 5 minutes walking. Sehun, obviously insisted on doing it himself and brushed her off but Minjung could not care less. She had to do this since she felt bad knowing that Sehun got hurt because of her.

She took him straight into her office and made him sit on a couch there. She roamed around the room, trying to find their first aid kit tool. Sehun, from his seat, only followed Minjung with his eyes. "Wait, where is it?" she asked to herself but enough for Sehun to hear it. Cute, he thought. Forgetful, as she always was. Minjung decided to look at the staffs' room, probably one of her staffs took it. "Stay here. I'll be back okay? Don't move anywhere!" she said before she left.

Weird, this situation really reminded him of something. A good memory of theirs that he was still neatly storaged in his mind.

-

"So, how do you feel? Does it feel great after beating people up?" Minjung asked while sitting in front of him. She carefully took Sehun's hands and observed it. Her head was shaken a few times seeing all those red wounds on his fists.

"Jeez am I a psycho or something?" Sehun asked back, forming a small cute pout on his lips, pretended to be offended by her words.

Minjung could not help herself from laughing the moment she saw her boyfriend's pout. He knew she would always fell for that cute gesture so he kept doing it. She studied his face when she noticed there was a bruise on his right cheek, near his lips. Though the bruise was small, but it was enough to give a damage on Sehun's perfect face. "Then explain yourself."  She had always known that whatever Sehun did must be for a reason, so she wanted to know it.

Sehun shook his head a few times. "Ayeee this time you should be thankful for having me as your boyfriend." he said while proudly patting his chest soft. Minjung raised her brows upon hearing that. "You know those guys, I caught them talking bad about you, like, really bad. It was something ert, you wouldn't want to hear them. But anyway, me, as your knight in shining armor successfully single handedly handled those brats. They wouldn't dare to even mention your name after this." he continued, bragging, also justifying his actions.

"Why are you my knight in shining armor? Why are you not my prince?" she asked, as a response to his story. Aren't princesses always end up with princes? She then carefully tapped Sehun's wounds with cotton that she had put some ointment on it.

He groaned a little in pain. That sure stings a lot. "Says who you are a princess?" Sehun's counter question caused him to receive a sharp glare from his girlfriend. Feeling annoyed, she purposely tapped the wounds rougher, making the boy pleaded an apology.

It took her around 2 minutes to finishing up the treatment by wrapping his hands with a bandage. Again, she purposedly dressed him with bandage thickly, as a warning to him to not spark a fight again. Yes, he was protecting her and she was more than grateful about that but not everything should be settled with violence. She then straight cleaning up the mess she made while treating Sehun. She put back all the ointments, unused cottons and extra plasters into the f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter