--1

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The aroma of coffee beans from the cafe stopped her from walking. She loved coffee very much. That explained why her father decided to open up a cafe and let her manage the shop. Minjung looked around at this foreign place. She then saw a cafe on her right that attracted her attention. The cafe was located next to the hotel where she stayed for these few days.

After checking in the hotel, she decided to take a stroll at this city. The city which is known to be a beautiful city. Nafplio, Greece. That was when she stumbled upon a cafe next to her hotel. Without hesitating, Minjung walked towards the cafe and ordered her favorite coffee, Iced Vanilla Latte.

While she was waiting for her order, she noticed the guy after her took quite a long time to decide on his order. She saw a confused look on his face while focusing on reading the menu on the board very carefully. He let out a small sigh before mumbling to himself, "Aish I don't know what to order."

Korean. That guy was korean. Minjung thought for a while before decided to help him. "Maybe you can try Caramel Macchiato", she suggested. Judging from his hesitation, he may not be a coffee lover, that was why she suggested caramel macchiato. Simple and common drink for a non coffee lover.

Surprised by the help, he quickly turned his head to find the owner of the voice. He was stunned at his place when he saw her. In front of him, a korean girl on her mid 20s, flashed him a sweet smile. It took him a few seconds before he smiled back to Minjung. He then proceeded to order Caramel Macchiato, just like Minjung suggested.

After settled down with the order, he moved a bit to the left, giving way to the person after him to order. He then looked up to Minjung to thank her for her help. "I don't usually drink coffee In fact, until now I still don't know the difference between latte and cappuchino," he said while laughing. "So thank you very much. I really appreciate that," he continued while smiling sincerely.

Minjung smiled back and showed him a it's-okay hand gesture. "No big deal. I work as a part time barista so I know a little bit about coffee." Technically she was a part timer although the cafe was hers since she was also a college student at the same time. She could only manage the cafe after she's done with her classes. "By the way, do you always come here?" she asked, trying to have more conversation with the guy.

"Nope, this is my first time actually. Finally has time to escape from work". Conversation was paused when the cashier called out Minjung's order. She took her coffee and went back to him. "How about you then?" he asked the same question.

She took a while to think for an answer before responding 'me too'. She looked at her watch. It was already 3pm. She wanted to excuse herself as she was planning to walk around the town. Politely, she said, "I have to go now. Nice meeting you." she smiled  "I'm Minjung by the way. Shin Minjung." 

"Kim Junmyeon" he replied.

 

 

The next morning, Minjung decided to have famous dish from this city as her breakfast. After breakfast, she continued taking stroll around the city. She was mesmerized with the city's architecture. They were all pretty organized and instagrammable. She managed to take many pictures and also asked some strangers to take her pictures. After having her lunch, she then decided to take a cab to go to the city's sea side. As she stepped out of the car, she could feel the sea breeze that immediately gave her an uttlerly relaxation. She then found a spot to rest as she was quite exhausted after walking for a long time. She took out her sketch book and a pencil from her backpack. Her eyes wandered around looking for something to be sketched. The eyes then captured an island, not far away from the beach. 

Bourtzi Castle. That was her real destination when she decided to come to Greece. She wanted to know why that place was so special. She wanted to know why she came there two years ago. She wanted to find... a piece of her memories that she lost two years ago.

Minjung closed her eyes. Looking back, she flashed back on what made her decided to come here. That day, she was tidying up her room then she stumbled upon an old box, under her bed. The box looked dusty and unfamiliar to her eyes. She had never seen the box, at least for the past 2 years. After losing her memories, she struggled by herself to find her identity. Her father was not so much of a help. He seemed to hide so much from her.

Her hands were shaking a little as she opened the box. She was excited but nervous at the same time to see what was in the box. She then found a few pictures inside it and took it out. There she was, in the picture, smiling very happily with an old building as a background. The second picture was also her but with sea background. The rest were also similar but the last photo got her attention. Unlike other pictures, the last one was cut into half. It was like she went to the place with someone and took the picture together. But... why the picture was cut into half..?

Minjung's eyes then caught the date of the photos taken which was written at the right bottom with marker. 12th of April, 2018. That was 2 years ago, a week before she got

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter