--3

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After taking a warm shower, Minjung went back to bed. She lied down, staring at the ceiling while thinking back about the dream. Was that a sign though? A sign for what? A heavy sigh was let out from . She closed her eyes tight, trying to sleep. Deep inside, she hoped she would have that kind of dream again. She really wanted to know more about the man.

Minjung rolled to the left, feeling uncomfortable lying with her back. Still feeling uneasy, she rolled to the right side. 20 minutes passed, she still could not sleep. The image of the silhouette keep coming into her mind no matter how hard she tried to brush it off. Min. Min? Who would call her Min? Everyone around her called her Minjung.

For god-knows-how-many times, she let out a heavy sigh. She sat down on the bed while glancing at the clock. 9.30pm. It was only 9.30pm though. Why would she go to bed this early? Minjung then moved towards her closet and changed into her pink loose hoodie. While grabbing her phone, she walked out of the house, slowly, not to wake her father. He might have gone to sleep by now or maybe he was just in his room, studying some paper works.

Minjung did not actually had an exact destination. She was just roaming around her neighbourhood, wanting to get some fresh air. Her legs then stopped at a playground few blocks from her house. She sat on the swing while looking at the stars. Her right side of her lips curled upwards a bit. She remembered drawing an image of herself looking at the stars from a window.

The idea just popped out one day, about few months ago when she was stressed with assignments. It was a simple sketching. It was just her, standing by her room's window, looking outside, probably the stars. But there was something about the sketch. It had some kind of deep emotions, as if she had gone through that moment. She finished off the sketch with writing one word at the right bottom of the book. 'Juliet', only 'Juliet'. She had no idea why Juliet, it was the only thing she could think of at that moment 

The sound of her tummy woke her up from her deep thoughts. She just remembered that her last meal was her brunch, the reason why her tummy started crying for food. Instead of going straight back home, Minjung decided to go to a convience store to have ramyeon. She suddenly crave for one.

Minjung picked one spicy ramyeon with one bottle of yogurt milk. She put the stuffs on the cashier while searching for money in her pockets but they were none. She started to get panic. Did she forget to bring money? It was like Nafplio all over again. She went even panic when she realised another customer was queuing up behind her. Minjung then remembered that she only grabbed her phone before going out! She knocked her forehead softly, blaming herself for being forgetful.

"I'm sorry, can I put these back? I... forgot to bring my purse." she said to the cashier while grinning, hoping the cashier would understand her.

"Is that a habit of yours? Going out without any money with you?" a voice startled her, probably the customer who was lining up after her.

Minjung turned back, intended to apologise to that person, only to realise it was the same person she saw at Nafplio. The same man who paid for her taxi fare. Surprised, she never expected to see him again, especially in her neighbourhood. "Oh? You?" she asked, more to mumbling to herself with widened eyes.

Their eyes were locked for a while. The aura was still the same, his aura. She was still stunned by his figures. He never failed to make her lost in his eyes, even just for a moment. The man then put his stuffs on the counter while asking the cashier to include Minjung's stuffs in his bill. Again, Minjung was surprised with that kind gesture. "Why would you pay for me?" she asked, this time was loud enough to make him hear.

Ignoring the question, the man went straight to another counter to cook his ramyeon. He poured some water into his cup and put it into the microwave. Minjung followed him and did the same. She looked at him, waiting for his answer.

"Isn't that why you are here? You are hungry right?" Feeling disturbed by the stare, he finally answered lazily. It only took 3 minutes for the ramyeon to cook. He took it out from the microwave and sat at the table provided. And again, Minjung followed him and sat across him.

"Well, I would like to say thank you, for this and for Nafplio. I promised I will pay you back right? Hehe maybe not today but I would though. Promise!" Minjung said, showing her gratitude with her grin. She even raised her right hand, signaling that she was serious with her words. He just replied with just a 'Hmph', while busy mixing his ramyeon with the flavor.

Minjung too, mixed her ramyeon with a chopstick. She drooled a bit while looking at the spicy ramyeon. It had been a long time since she ate it. Her action caught the man's attention. He shook his head while looking at her. "Can you even eat spicy food?" he asked. His hands then took Minjung's yogurt milk from the plastic back and poked the lid with a straw, before passing it to Minjung.

She could not care less about the question and just ate the food

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter