--6

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun dropped Minjung at her cafe after they were done with their classes. The man did offer her to come over his house to revise together for tomorrow's quiz but she rejected nicely. She wanted to study alone at home. It was better that way, she said. But she had to take care of her store first before she could go home and study.

Minjung entered her cafe. It was not busy at all as it was weekday. The cafe would be stormed by people on weekends and during peak hours. She smiled as the staffs there greeted her cheerfully. Her eyes then captured a familiar figure sitting at the corner of the cafe. Her lips formed a smile upon seeing that person. It was a middle-aged woman, enjoying her hot coffee alone while looking at her phone.

She walked closer to the woman and her smile became wider when the woman noticed her presence. "Aunty." she slightly bowed as a sign of respect. The woman instantly stood up and put Minjung into her hug. They hugged for a while as it had been quite a long time since they saw each other.

Minjung first met the woman about a year ago, when her business just started. She seemed lost and was wandering alone infront of Minjung's cafe. Feeling concerned, Minjung approached her and offered her a cup of coffee. Turned out she was actually waiting for her son. Since that day, the woman would come to her cafe once in a month since she did not live in the city.

"You're alone? Where's Renjun?" Minjung asked out of concern. Renjun was her son. She once came here with Renjun and she instantly liked him as he was a very cute and adorable little boy. Minjung was a bit worried thinking that the woman might travel all the way to the city alone just to meet her. If Renjun was here, at least she would not be alone. She did not want to burden the woman that she had considered as her own mother.

Mrs Go smiled hearing the questions. She too, had considered Minjung as her own daughter as the girl was very sweet towards her. "Yes.. I'm alone. I'm meeting my old friend after this so I thought of seeing you first. I miss you, my dear." Mrs Go gave her a very motherly smile. She really missed Minjung since she could not come here last month. 

"Ayee, you should move here and then we can see each other everyday." Minjung's suggestion only brought laughter to the old woman. What a cute request. She knew already Mrs Go will never move to the city. She had a family over there and her husband was still working. "By the way, where is the meet up?" Mrs Go pointed outside through the glass window. It was a big and fancy hotel about 20 blocks from her cafe. O'hotel. That building was very tall that the top of it can be seen from here.

They talked for a while before Mrs Go excused herself for the meet up. Before leaving, she handed Minjung a large paper bag that she brought along from her house. The bag was full with container containing home made dishes. "Eat it with your father or your friends."

 

 

 

Minjung handed the store spare key to one of her staffs. She had to go home early and study since Mr Lee had warned them about how hard the quiz was gonna be. Her eyes then landed on the paper bag that Mrs Go gave few hours ago. 'Eat it with your father or your friends.' Suddenly the image of Baekhyun flashed in her mind. That boy must be hungry, she thought to herself. They did not have their lunch just now. She pondered for awhile before finally decided to stop by Baekhyun's place.

As soon as she stepped out of the cafe, she heard some noises coming from the bus stop. Feeling curious, she headed towards there only to find 2 men fighting with each other. The fight was quite tense as they were throwing each others punches. People surrounded them but no one took an initiative to stop the fight. But it was understandable, people tend to avoid getting involved in this kind of situation. It was better to just mind own's businesses. She too, felt like it was better to ignore them but somehow, her foot took her closer to the scene. She ended up standing very near to the two men that she could cleary see the men's faces. Her heart nearly dropped the moment she realised one of them was "Sehun?"

Her voice was very slow but it was enough to enter Sehun's ear. He instantly stopped and was frozen at his place upon hearing Minjung's voice. He automatically turned to the source of the voice only to find Minjung cupped her face, shocked witnessing him in that situation. Seeing Sehun was a little distracted, the other man took this chance to give him one last good punch before he quickly escaped.

Minjung did not wait for another second to quickly run towards Sehun. That tall man was sat down in pain after he received the last punch. His face was bruised and there were blood coming out from his lips. Her heart really sank seeing him in pain like that. She kneeled down in front of Sehun to scan his wounds carefully. She could not stop herself from touching his swollen cheek. Sehun groaned in pain and that was enough to make her squealed. "Let's get you treated okay? I'll bring you to the clinic." she said, falling sympathy towards the man. He was badly beaten and on top of that, they were in public. He must have felt a bit humiliated by that.

Sehun quickly shoved Minjung off, who was trying to help him standing up. "Get lost. I can take care of myself." he said in a low voice. He ignored everyone's stares and leaned on a post lamp, resting himself. He was indeed feeling humiliated, but he felt even smaller knowing that Minjung saw him in that condition. She should not have seen it. Shouldn't she be at work right now?

Of course, she was surprised with Sehun's actions. She just wanted to help. But she could not bear seeing Sehun in that condition. It somehow hurt her too, so she decided to ignore his words. "No! You're bleeding. Come on, let's go okay?" again, she tried to persuade Sehun. 

Noticing Minjung's hands were about to hold his arms again, Sehun quickly dodged them. He gave her that deadly glare, showing how pissed he was. "Are you interested in me?" his tone was serious, so was his face.

Did she hear him right? Are you interested in me?  Did he really ask that? She blinked her eyes in confusion. "Sorry?"

"Are you interested in me?" he repeated, word by word, 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter