Misery

Can there be love?

Scene from the previous chapter.~

" Jonghyun ah, omma gwaenchana darling. stop crying, i love you " chaerin said with tears flowing out of her eyes.

" Omma dont cry! " Jonghyun said and reached out to his mum's cheeks and wiped away her tears. 

hyunjoong heard what jonghyun shouted. " omma is crying, why is she crying. that hyunjoong ahjushi is a bad guy. i hate him. i dont want to see him anymore. he is a bad man!!!! "

that sentence...... hurt his heart.

he stares down at his hand. What has he done?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyunjoong stood there dumbfounded. He looked like someone who had just committed a very serious offense. And yes, it was very serious, he SLAPPED Lee Chaerin.

" Was i wrong? Why did i do that? Why in the world did my palm laid onto her cheek, why????!?!?!" He shouted into the night.

Lots of questions ran through his mind. But one stood out, "What if jonghyun was really his son?"

If that was true, whatever he just did was just the biggest mistake in his life. He walked back into his car lifelessly and drove off.

He drove recklessly on the streets of seoul. Thank god for it beng midnight, the roads were empty with very few cars. He reached home, went out of his car and slammed the door shut. 

Once he reached inside of his house, his mother greeted him.

"Oh Hyunjoong ah, you're back very late today, what did you have just now?" his mother asked him with concern.

Then she realise hyunjoong's odd behaviour. His face looked like he just finished crying, with his swollen eyes, and his hair is in a mess, his shirt all crumpled up.

"Hyunjoong ah, what happened to you son? Why do you look so messed up? tell me what happen!" his other asked him in a more serious and stern tone.

Hyunjoong then went down on his knees and started crying out loud. 

" I saw chaerin." he said in tears.

" Chaerin? Lee Chaerin? Your ex wife?" she asked.

" She was there, with the boy. It has been 5 years, the baby is now so grown up. And he hates me " hyunjoong replied.

" What do you mean by he hates you? how can he hate you? you just met!!! " his mother sound more serious.

" because i slapped chaerin " Hyunjoong said and there burst out crying again.

" YOU WHAT KIM HYUNJOONG?! WHY THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT FOR?" his mother screamed on top of her lungs.

" Idk, i was so angry, i just couldnt control myself. " hyunjoong said as he ruffled his hair.

hyunjoong's sobs hurt his mother's heart. as much as she is angry at hyunjoong's actions, she was very disheartened at how bad the condition of her son was in at that point of time. she went down and hugged him. trying to console him and calm him down.

"was i wrong mum? was i?" hyunjoong whispered.

"shhhhhhh, stop talking, we'll talk tmr when you feel better, now lets go to sleep." his mother replied.

She then lead him up to his bedroom and then led him onto the bed. 

"Sleep well my son, " she hyunjoong's hair and the kissed him on his forehead, wishing him goodnight.

She then covered his body with the bed's blanket and off-ed the lights of his room, and quietly left the bedroom. she shut the door and there breathed out a heavy sigh.

"there was never once he cried this badly after making a mistake, this must have been really bad. aigooo my son is so pitiful" she said to herself and there walked back to her own room. 

She then picked picked up her cellphone and dialed a number.

" I need you to find Lee chaerin. she has a son 5 year old. Get her address and give it to me by tmr. "she said on the phone seriously.

" What happened chaerin ah, what did you do that made him act this way. i trust you chaerin. i trust you."