Chapter 18 - that hand

Can there be love?

Hyunjoong stopped crying. he grabbed his car keys and walked out of his office.

" i'm leaving early. " he gave the short note to his secretary. and his secretary just nodded.

" his like this again. he cant forget her cant he? " the secretary whispered to herself.

~~~~~~~~~~

He drove his car rescklessly. Speeding past the empty road, with himself feeling tensed up. He drove around and ended up by th side of hangang river. 

Photobucket

He stared at the calm river. enjoying its view. the night  was cooling. the wind was blowing. he screamed... " AHHHHHHH " and that took loads off his chest. He felt reliefed. he sat down by the river. and just enjoyed the scenery that he sees.

after calming himself down. he stood up, brushed off the sand stuck on his bottom. and began walking back to his car. then he looked up, and saw a happy family, walking by hangang river. the family had a child. they seemed so happy together. the happiness of the family was seen through hyunjoong's eyes, and he smiled to himself.

"what a happy family" hyunjoong said to himself.

little did he know that the guy in the family was jaejoong.

he stood there dumbfounded. his eyes stared at jaejoong. and jaejoong saw him too. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

they continued walking when suddenly jaejoong stopped in his steps.

"wae oppa? why did you stop walking? what happened? " chaerin asked.

Jaejoong's eyes were in shocked and his mouth opened wide. he continued to stare straight.

Chaerin turned her head towards the direction that jaejoong was looking at..... and she him. him. kim hyunjoong whom she left 5 years ago is here in front of her eyes.

They saw hyunjoong approaching them. hyunjoong took slow and heavy steps towards jaejoong and chaerin. 

Jaejoong handed over jonghyun to chaerin and he stood in front of chaerin in a protective position. Hyunjoong walked forward and stopped in front of jaejoong. Hyunjoong's eyes was fixed on chaerin all the way.

" oh annyong ah hyunjoong, long time no see " jaejoong break the silence.

" move " hyunjoong said.

" what? " jaejoong replied sternly.

" i said move aside. " hyunjoong shifts his eyes directly towards jaejoong.  they both stared at each other for a moment.

" move oppa. i'll be okay. let me greet him. we didnt meet for so long already " chaerin's soft voice was heard in the silent night.

" are you sure chaerin ah? " jaejoong turned back his head to look at her.

She gave jaejoong the assuring look. He then moved aside and gave them space. He cant believe what he is seeing. Hyunjoong, the guy who used to be chaerin's love is back in her life again. Hyunjoong who is jonghyun's real father, is standing right there, but yet the child doesnt know anything. His heart aches just looking at them from afar. 

" Annyonghaseyo hyunjoong shi, long time no see. How have you been? " Chaerin said with a little tremble in her voice.

" Ah ne, annyonghaseyo Chaerin shi. its been a while. " hyunjoong replied and stared into her eyes.

" Ne, hows Mrs kim? and eunjung shi? are you guys already married? " Chaerin tried to open a topic. 

" Ne they are fine " Hyunjoong then shifts his eyes towards the child chaerin is carrying. 

" The child, have grown so much " Hyunjoong continued.

" Ah yeee, its been 5 years. " Chaerin replied.

She then felt a shrug. Jonghyun got restless, and started moving. 

" omma.....? " jonghyun slowly got up.

" my dear jongie is awake? " chaerin checked on jonghyun.

" where are we omma? " jonghyun said and rubbed his eyes. he took a look around and saw hyunjoong. 

" eh? that ahjushi. i saw that ahjushi before. " jonghyun pointed at hyunjoong.

Hyunjoong took a closer look t jonghyun. Yes he recognised that kid. They met before. But he couldnt remember when.  He knows his name was Jonghyun.

" jonghyun ? " hyunjoong said.

" how do you know his name? " Chaerin said and her grip on jonghyun got tighter.

" omma, we met the other day while i was playing at the playground! this ahjushi is hyunjoong ahjushi! he is very nice! " jonghyun said with a smile. 

Jonghyun's smile, put a smile on hyunjoong's face. 

" chaerin shi, who's child is he? " hyunjoong suddenly asked that question, while taking a step forward towards her.

" eh? why would you ask that. he's my child. " chaerin started to feel anxious. 

" but this child, it wasnt mine right? it wasnt my mistake. i wasnt the one that got you pregnant. it was some other guy. " Hyunjoong took a step closer.

" hyunjoong shi, we shdnt talk about this in front of a child. please stop. " Chaerin started moving back, while holding on to jonghyun tighter. she started to feel very terrified. her legs were shaking.

" why shldnt i? maybe he should know the truth too. he shd know what kind of mother he has " hyunjoong said while jonghyun's hair. 

" ommaaa ,wae? "jonghyun asked his mum. 

" nothing jonghyun ah, go to jaejoong ahjushi for a moment will you? " chaerin dropped jonghyun onto the ground and jonghyun went running into jaejoong's embrace. jaejoong took jonghyun up and carried him.

" well, what a happy family. YOU LIAR LEE CHAERIN! YOU USED ME. YOU ING USED ME! YOU . THAT KID WASNT MINE TO START WITH. WHY DID YOU INSIST THAT KID WAS MINE? YOU TRICKED ME. YOU EVIL WITCH. YOU WANTED MY MONEY DIDNT YOU. YOU SET ME UP THAT NIGHT TO TRICK ME AND MAKE ME RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT THING YOU CARRY IN YOUR WOMB. " Hyunjoong shouted at chaerin.

Chaerin couldnt say a word. she was dumbfounded. since when she ever used him? since when? she never slept with any guy before hyunjoong. hyunjoong was her first man. hyunjoong was the first man she loved. the child was his. how could he be having that mindset? why is he accusins her for all the things she never does. he misunderstood. she then started crying

" YOUR SINS WERE TOO MUCH THAT YOU DECIDED TO LEAVE ME RIGHT? ANSWER ME LEE CHAERIN. ANSWER ME. CAUGHT YOU IN YOU OWN LIES? YOU LEFT CAUSE YOU COULDNT GO ON LYING TO ME HUH. YOUR PLAN WAS FAILING RIGHT?!" Hyunjoong got angrier and his hand went up to slap chaerin. 

Chaerin was shocked.

Hyunjoong then took a step back. and realised he just slapped chaerin. he stared down at his hands and then to chaerin's face. he didnt believe he had just done that.

Jaejoong saw the slap. he put jonghyun down and ran towards chaerin. he touched chaerin;s face, to make sure she is okay. he then went to hyunjoong, fists ready to punch him. but then chaerin stopped him. 

" stop oppa. jonghyun is looking " they then shift their heads to look at jonghyun. jonghyun was standing alone, crying. 

 chaerin rushed over to him and hugged her son. 

" you've done too much kim hyunjoong. too much. i'll settle with you soon " jaejoong gave a stern warning.

hyunjoong stayed there with a shocked expression. his hands that he used to slap chaerin was trembling. he didnt knwo what to say nor what to do. 

Jaejoong went over to chaerin and jonghyun. he picked jonghyun up and tried to calm him down. he looked at chaerin in the eyes with the apologetic look. chaerin replied him with an "i'm okay" look.

" jonghyun ah, stop crying okay? omma is fine. ahjushi will protect you. " jaejoong said.

" omma is crying, why is she crying. that hyunjoong ahjushi is a bad guy. i hate him. i dont want to see him anymore. he is a bad man!!!! " jonghyun points at hyunjoong and shouted.

" Jonghyun ah, omma gwaenchana darling. stop crying, i love you " chaerin said with tears flowing out of her eyes.

" Omma dont cry! " Jonghyun said and reached out to his mum's cheeks and wiped away her tears. 

hyunjoong heard what jonghyun shouted. " omma is crying, why is she crying. that hyunjoong ahjushi is a bad guy. i hate him. i dont want to see him anymore. he is a bad man!!!! "

that sentence...... hurt his heart.

he stares down at his hand. What has he done?

 

I'm a happy girl. so i decided to update 2 chapters. hahahahaha. hope you had fun reading!