perfection

Selection

Jimin spent his morning in his room with his butlers just eating listening to music and laughing. He could spend the day in his room since most of the chosen wanted to have plenty of time to get ready for tonight's broadcast. Personally, Jimin couldn't really understand why did they need so much time in order to get ready. But, if he could spend the day in his room just chilling without having to learn new things or see Lisa's face, he could not have cared less. He wanted to go out to the gardens but the thought of having to put on a suit when he didn't have to, made him stay in his room. He did, however, open the floor to ceiling balcony doors, letting some fresh air in the room filled with the scent of flowers. Bugs was still in his room and Jimin wasn't sure if Jungkook meant for him to stay so long or if he had forgotten about him. Either way, he liked having the bunny around and so did his butlers. Bugs was a good stress reliever for everyone and Jimin didn't know how he felt about the broadcast and being on national television. It's not like he had much of a choice anyway, but if he could, he would have stayed in his room the whole time. He was napping when suddenly the door slammed open. Sitting in his bed and placing his hand on his chest in surprise, he saw his three butlers come in carry a suit bag. 

"You guys almost gave me a heart attack, sheesh." he said rubbing his eyes. 

"We have your suit!" Wooyoung exclaimed excitedly. 

"What do you mean? I already have a suit." he said referring to the royal blue suit that was hanged on the closet's door. 

"No no no, this suit will be a game changer." San said pulling out the suit. 

Jimin's eyes widen. The suit was purple, a deep shade of purple with patterns in black on the suit's jacket. It was one of those suits where once you looked at it  you couldn't look away. It was stunning, he never thought he'd wear anything this beautiful and somewhat bold, since purple isn't a very common color for a suit. 

"It's way too bold for me, why can't I just wear the blue one, like I did until now?"

"Exactly because of that," Seonghwa explained. "Everyone need to stand out every once in a while. And this is the perfect opportunity for you."

"Yeah, plus the color really suits your hair and will make it more noticeable."

"But,"

"No buts, go take a shower and we'll prepare your jewelry and shoes." Seonghwa ordered. 

"You've gotten bossy." Jimin huffed comically but got up to do as he was told. 

Seonghwa just smiled shaking his head and walked to the bathroom to start a bath for him. In the meantime, San and Wooyoung had contemplated on which jewelry Jimin should wear. By the time they had decided on jewelry and shoes, Jimin was out of the shower going to put on his suit. When he finished, he went to sit in front of the mirror letting his butlers work their magic. After a while, they were done, he got up looked at the big mirror and his breath was literally taken away. The purple suit made his silver hair look purplish, giving it a new glow. The flower shaped earrings went along with the patterns of the suit's jacket. His fingers were adorned with rings and he had a necklace over his button up. His makeup was a combination of silver and light purple giving his eyes a cat like shape, and the almost red lipstick he had on made his lips look delicious. He was standing in front of the mirror for minutes in absolute silence. Eventually, Wooyoung couldn't contain his excitement so he spoke up. 

"You look absolutely breathtaking Jimin." San nodded agreeing with what Wooyoung said. 

"All eyes will be on you tonight since you're so beautiful." Seonghwa added. 

Jimin was quiet for a few more moments. He didn't really want to stand out, but he couldn't lie. He was beautiful, the most beautiful he's ever been in the palace. He smiled turning to his butlers. 

"You guys are the best, have I told you that?" he asked smiling so big, his eyes disappeared. 

The butlers giggled, making Jimin giggle as well. Looking at the clock, Seonghwa turned to Jimin.

"You should probably leave if you want to get a good seat in the studio."

"I don't really ca-"

"YO JIMIN WE GOTTA GO AIN'T NO WAY I'LL END UP  SITTING NEXT LISA OR IN THE BACK." the door slammed open revealing a very good looking Hoseok. 

" hobi you almost gave me a ing heart attack." Jimin exclaimed. 

"Sorry I'm just really excited." he was bouncing around the room. 

Jimin laughed and so did his butlers. Calming down, he looked at Hoseok who was pouting, he was stunning. He was wearing a gray suit with a black and red striped tie and a red rose in the jacket's pocket. His hair was curled in a way that made him look royally. 

"Hobi you look absolutely gorgeous, I'm so speechless right now." 

Hoseok blushed deeply. "What are you talking about? You look like a model right now. Or more accurately, a Prince."

"Oh shush, I do not." When he saw Hoseok was about to protest he added "Didn't you want to leave for the studio? Let's go." he said waving at his butlers and walking out of the room. 

Hoseok was following right behind him and soon they were at the studio. The first two rows were full so they sat at the third one right in the middle, since Hoseok insisted. Jimin felt someone staring at him so he turned his head, only to find Lisa sending daggers his way. She looked furious and he wondered why since he hadn't done anything to upset her. He turned his head back, not wanting to possibly get yelled at in front of the entire studio. He was talking with Hoseok, Jin and Namjoon until the Prince came to stand in front of them. He looked at everyone until he spotted Jimin. When he did he didn't hide the fact that he was staring. It was awkward too, because he was standing in front of the chosen just silently staring at Jimin. Jinyoung who was by his side poked him gently making Jungkook shake his head and focus. He cleared his throat. 

"Right, hello everyone, I see you're all very well dressed." He said that locking eyes with Jimin and making him blush. "Tonight is going to be an easy night alright? You're just going to have to answer a few simple questions and then it'll be over, alright?"

The chosen smiled, some of them nervously straightened out their clothes or took deep breaths. 

"Highness, the broadcast is about to begin." Jinyoung said and the Prince nodded. 

"Of course, good luck to the lot of you, I'll be cheering you on." he smiled and left. 

Jimin's eyes followed the Prince, unable to look away. He was so handsome tonight. He had a black suit that hugged his body in all the right places with a white rose in his front pocket, his hair slicked back revealing his forehead and brows and he was carrying himself in a different way tonight. Jimin just couldn't look away. But,  then Jungkook turned his way, catching him staring and smiled making Jimin blush even harder and look at his hands. When he looked back up at the Prince, he saw him mouthing one word 'Bugs'. Jimin nodded, understanding that the Prince will come to his room after the broadcast to take Bugs. He wasn't sure why, but the thought of having the Prince in his room made him all giddy and nervous. When he saw new figures entering he turned his head towards them, seeing the king and queen taking their seats. He was always stunned by the queen's beauty, finding her delicate and kind. And he wished that his future husband, whoever it'll be, will be as kind as the king was to his queen. Suddenly the queen turned his way and smiled beautifully. He was frozen for a moment before he smiled shyly and looked away. 

"We are going live in five, four, three, two." the director said. 

"Hello everyone, today is going to be a little different. Today is the day that you've all been waiting for. We have our chosen right here and we're going to get to know them! Prince Jungkook, what do you think of the ladies and gentlemen that we have here?" Taemin asked looking at the Prince. 

Jungkook looked a little stiff when he answered, a smile that didn't reach his eyes on his face. "Well, I've had a very pleasant time with each and every one of the chosen. But I must say that some of them are more amusing than others." 

"What do you mean highness?"

"It's for me to know, and for you to find out." he said with a little smirk. 

Jimin glared at him a little, but seeing that the others were giggling, he joined them trying to blend in. 

"Alright, so how about we get to know our lovely chosen?"

"By all means." he motioned with his hand towards the chosen. 

Jimin noted that without the cameras on him, Jungkook was much calmer and relaxed. 

"Okay, our first chosen one will be Jung Hoseok." he exclaimed. 

Hoseok nearly jumped, getting up he looked at Jimin nervously. Jimin smiled a comforting smile and mouthed 'you'll do great'. He watched as Hoseok was sitting in the spotlight, answering Taemin's questions with a steady voice. He then felt someone's eyes on him. Sighing he looked at Lisa, but it wasn't her. Since she was sitting in the front row, she had no reason to turn his way. Not when she was trying so hard to catch the Prince's attention, while still acting ladylike. 'Well if it wasn't her than who is it?' He thought to himself. Turning his head left he saw the Prince looking at him. He checked the cameras only to understand why the Prince was so bluntly staring at him. The camera were directed to the chosen and to Taemin who was interviewing them. He decided to focus on what Taemin was asking rather than the Prince's burning gaze. 

"Thank you sir Hoseok, you may return to your seat." He waited for Hoseok to get up before continuing. "Next we have Park Jimin."

Jimin took a deep breath, receiving a pat on his shoulder from Hoseok who looked like he's about to faint. He got up feeling the Prince's gaze still on him. He could feel everyone's shame on him really, since the entire studio was starting at him. Not to mention the people at home who were watching the broadcast. He was nervous, really nervous. He focused on walking so he won't trip. He had a talent for falling when it was the least appropriate of times. When he reached Taemin, he took a seat and smiled nervously. Noticing something move behind Taemin he looked over his shoulder. The royal family was sitting right behind Taemin, which made it easier for the Prince to look at him up and down shamelessly. He blushed harder, deciding to scold him once this was over. 

"Park Jimin, how is your stay here so far?" Taemin seemed to understand that he was extremely nervous, deciding to start off when an easy question. 

Jimin smiled, grateful for the question. "I am enjoying myself very much. The stay here is definitely an experience and the palace is so stunning I was literally shocked into silence when I first came here. I also got lost on the first day or two."

Taemin chuckled along with the entire studio and Jimin felt more relaxed. 

"What do you think about the other chosen so far?"

Jimin took a moment to think before answering. "I think they're all very special and unique. Overall everyone has been very nice and I even made some friends here which I'm grateful for." 

Taemin nodded with a smile. "I heard you went on a date with our precious Prince, care to share us some details?"

"Um, we had a really lovely picnic under the moonlight with lots of food and blankets. I had a really good time and we also got to know each other a little better, which I'm thankful for."

"What do you mean?"

"Well you see, the people at home, the ones who are watching us right now, are having an image of the Prince in their mind, as did I. But the truth is the Prince is so much more than that. He had so many hidden things to him and whoever gets to unlock any parts of his hidden personality, should not take it for granted. Our Prince is smart and strong and reliable, everyone knows that. But what they sometimes miss is how kind and thoughtful he really is. And I'm glad he trusted me enough to show me this part of him. I think whoever he marries, will be the luckiest person since he'll always be there for them. Always." by the end of his little speech he was looking straight at Jungkook who was looking at him with intensity. 

"It sounds like you've created a bond with our Prince."

"You could say that." he blushed. 

"Could you tell me another thing you learned about our Prince?"

"Sure um, some of you may not know this but the Prince actually owns a bunny named Bugs."

"That's right, he's the Prince's pet and is very dear to him."

"Well if you ask me he kind of look like Bugs, but don't tell him I said that." he comically whispered, knowing very well that everyone could hear him making everyone laugh including the royal family. 

"I will never!" Taemin giggled along with Jimin. "thank you Park Jimin for answering my questions, next we have Monoban Lalisa."

Jimin walked to his seat passing Lisa and sitting down. For the rest of the broadcast he spaced out. He said too much, he didn't mean to say all of that and he didn't know why he said that. He was confused and embarrassed and wanted the entire thing to be over. Before he knew it the broadcast was over, he excused himself after he told Hoseok that he was tired, and headed to his room. His room was empty, since he told his butlers that he could manage without them and that they should get some rest. He went to the balcony looking at the gardens. Not even two minutes after he entered his room the door slammed open. He assumed it was Hoseok or one of his butlers who couldn't wait till morning to know how it went. After a few seconds of silence he turned around understanding that it was not Hoseok nor his butlers since they were as loud as one can be. Turning around he saw Jungkook staring at him with intensity. 

"Kook wha-"

He didn't get to finish since Jungkook took a few large steps and was now standing so close their chests were glued together, their noses almost touching. 

"Answer me one question." Jimin couldn't answer, he could barely breathe. "Did you mean everything that you said just now?" 

Jimin gulped not sure where this conversation is going, he nodded. That was all the confirmation the younger needed. He placed both his hands on Jimin's cheeks and leaned in kissing him softly. Jimin was frozen for a couple of seconds before he kissed him back. He was confused, he wasn't sure what he wanted and how he felt. But he knew one thing, that here, in Jungkook's arms, was where he wanted to be right now. Being held delicately and kissed so gently but with all the emotion and adoration in the world. He felt loved. And it did not feel like anything he ever experienced, not even with Yoongi. He laced his hands on the back of the younger's neck, pulling him closer as Jungkook tightened his hold on his waist. After a few moments that felt like forever and not enough at the same time, they pulled apart. Still staying close so their noses were touching. 

"They feel even better than I imagined." the Prince mumbled against his lips. 

"Hmm?" Jimin was far too gone to respond with actual words. 

"Your lips are better than I hoped they'd be. This kiss was the definition of perfection." he rubbed their noses together making Jimin giggle. 

"Then how about you kiss me again?" he said slowly closing the gap between them and kissing him again without wanting for an answer. 


 

To be continued…. 

Ps. I don't know about you but I'm really happy they finally kissed;)