Bugs

Selection

Jimin woke up the next day feeling more tired than refreshed. He went to wash up quietly and without complaining. All the while, Seonghwa, San and Wooyoung looked a little worried, but chose not to mention it. They just ran a bath for him, chose his suit and jewelry and did his hair and makeup. 

After Jimin was ready he looked at himself in the mirror. Today, San and Wooyoung chose a mint colored suit and matched it with pearl earrings and a pearl necklace. He looked beautiful and elegant. He smiled a small smile. 

"Thank you guys, I really love this suit." 

"We're glad you like it." San said. "you look absolutely beautiful." Wooyoung and Seonghwa nodded, smiling at him. 

"It's getting late, you should probably head to the dinning hall." Seonghwa said. 

"Are you meeting with Hoseok today as well?" Wooyoung asked. 

"Hmm, you know, I don't really  reme-" Jimin didn't get to finish, because inside came a very loud Hoseok. 

"Yoo Jimin we gotta go. Last time we were late and Jinyoung gave us a mean look." Hoseok said. "He's scary."

Jimin giggled. "Well, good morning to you too."

"Oh right, where are my manners?" he tapped his head lightly. "Good morning everyone." 

The butlers giggled along with Jimin. 

"Alright, let's go. After all we don't want to be eaten alive by Jinyoung." he waved at his butlers and left with Hoseok. 

Today their breakfast was boiled eggs, crispy bacons and a salad. For desert they had a chocolate chip muffin. The butler seemed to remember that he doesn't like coffee, so instead of that, he had a cup of hot chocolate. He smiled at the butler, getting a little smile in return. He looked at the table in the middle of the room. It was where the royal family sat to eat. Yesterday no-one was sitting there, but the king queen and Prince were enjoying their meal now. When Jimin lifted the fork to his mouth, the Prince turned to look at him. The Prince smiled hesitantly, raising an eyebrow in question. Jimin, with his fork still halfway to his mouth, smiled a little smile and nodded, averting his eyes and starting to eat. He didn't understand why the Prince was so nice to him even after he knew that he didn't want to be here. But he chose not to focus too much on that. Instead, he ate wanting to leave as fast as he could feeling embarrassed about what happened last night. He finished with Hoseok and they left together to reach the conference room. They were just about to start the lesson, when suddenly the door opened revealing the Prince. He searched the room when his eyes landed on Jimin. Of course the room went wild as soon as he came in, people were sitting straight, fixing their suits and dresses. He went to Jinyoung whispering something in his ear. Jinyoung nodded and moved aside looking at Jimin as well. At this point Jimin was freaking out, they looked way to serious for it to be anything good. 

"Hello everyone," the Prince started, smiling. "I'm sorry to interrupt, but I just need sir Jimin for a few moments." he looked at Jimin again. "Will you join me please?" 

Jimin looked around him. He got some mean looks, especially from the mean girl from the first day. He looked at the Prince and nodded, getting up and walking out of the room. The Prince followed right behind him. When they were out Jimin turned to the Prince but didn't make eye contact. 

"Umm, hello Jimin how are you?" Jungkook asked still unsure. Jimin took a deep breath. 

"I-I'm fine." he still didn't look at him. "Umm, why did you call me out here? if you don't mind me asking."

"Oh, I just wanted to ask how are you feeling." he scratched the back of his neck. "You know, after last night." 

Jimin looked at his feet. 

"I, uh, I think I feel better. I have a question though." he looked up at Jungkook for the first time. "Uh, how come you didn't kick me out yet?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well I told you why I'm really here, so why didn't you kick me out?"

Jungkook seemed to be thinking about it for a couple of seconds. 

"I, you said you didn't really want to go home yet so." he locked eyes with him. "In addition, I think you might find a reason to stay that doesn't include food or uh, Hoseok?" 

Jimin looked at him, clearly still not understanding why he's letting him stay. 

"I just think that if you don't like me in a romantic way, you'll like me as a friend." Jungkook explained. "I've never met anyone like you if I'm being honest. I just really want to get to know you, if you'd let me of course."

Jimin thought about it. He didn't know how much he liked this idea, but that way he could stay here.

"O-okay." he said. "I also have a suggestion."

Jungkook nodded for him to continue, clearly intrigued and curious. 

"If I'll be your friend like you said, I can be your inside man."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well there are like thirty people here right?" Jungkook nodded. "Since you're the Prince, they probably act differently around you, am I right?" Jungkook nodded again looking tired just thinking about it. "Well I can help you with that. Since I'm one of the chosen, I can help you with your dating. You know give you advices and tell you which are fake or mean." he finished saying. "That is if you want my help if course."

Jungkook thought about it. If he were to be honest, he needed help in that field since he only dated once. But he didn't want to think about it now, Jimin was offering help, help he desperately needed. He looked at Jimin who was fiddling with the sleeves of his suit, looking slightly nervous. He thought he was cute, really cute. But on top of that he was definitely different and that intrigued Jungkook. So if he could have him stay longer, long enough to change his mind about Jungkook, he will. Without a doubt. 

"I accept your help, the truth is I actually need it. So I'll be counting on you to help me with that." he smiled at Jimin, who let out a nervous breath. 

"Thank you for trusting me with this, highness." he bowed a little. 

"Please do not bow to me." Jimin straighten up. "Do friends bow to each other? I think not." he saw Jimin smile the tiniest smile, which made him smile. 

"You should go inside." Jungkook said. "You know before Jinyoung will kill you." Jungkook chuckled as Jimin pouted and hit his shoulder gently. He then seemed to understand who he just hit.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry highness. It's a habit." Jimin said looking a little nervous again. 

"You have a habit to hit people? That's interesting." Jungkook chuckled, while jimin shook his head. 

"Oh no no, it's just that when I'm embarrassed I tend to hit people. You should ask Tae, I hit him all the time." Jungkook raised his eyebrows. "But that's because he bullies me a lot, so he deserves to be hit." Jimin said still pouting. 

Jungkook wanted to ask him who's Tae, but he took Jimin away from his studies for too long. 

He genuinely enjoyed speaking with him, he was very amusing unlike the people he's surrounded by usually. 

"Hmm, we shall discuss this further. But it must be later, for you must return to your studies."

Jimin looked at Jungkook for two more seconds. 

"Do you always speak like that?"

"What do you mean?"

"You have this really formal way of speaking." Jimin explained. "Well actually that would make sense since you're the Prince and all." Jungkook was silent for a few moments, then he started laughing. 

Jimin wouldn't admit, but he liked it when Jungkook laughed. He looked much less serious and stiff when he laughed.

"Alright, I really enjoy this conversation  but I must leave. I'm already late for the meeting and my father will not appreciate it." Jungkook said. 

"Oh right, I'm sorry to keep you so long. I'll head in now, have a nice day highness." Jimin smiled, walking back to the conference room. Jungkook just smiled and waved, watching him going inside. 

When Jimin entered the room, all eyes turned to look at him and he froze, not used to the attention. Nor enjoying it. 

"Everyone please pay attention to the lesson." Jinyoung said, drawing everyone's attention back to him. "Sir Jimin, please find your seat. You missed quite a few things so please catch up with  sir Hoseok after the lesson is over." Jimin nodded and went to sit by Hoseok. He could tell he was curious. 

"I'll tell you what happened later." he whispered to him and Hoseok nodded. 

 

When the lesson ended, they both left the conference room fast and went to the gardens. When they reached the gardens, they sat down. Before Jimin had a chance to say anything, a bunch of the chosen showed up demanding he'll tell them what was that about. 

"W-well it was really nothing, we just talked."

"Well about what?" the rude girl said. Looking at her name pin, she was lalisa. He didn't like her one bit. 

"We just talked. I wasn't feeling so well last night and he wanted to check up on me, that's all."

Lalisa looked at him not sure whether to believe him or not. Eventually she decided he wasn't worth it and walked away with a few of the chosen. 

"What is her problem?" a tall looking guy asked. His name pin said Seokjin. 

"I really don't know, she hasn't been friendly towards me as well." a guy named Namjoon said. 

"She's being like that because she thinks she can win." Hoseok said. 

"Well I don't think she will once the Prince see what she's really like." Jimin said looking at them. 

They started going over what they studied. Today they learned some history, and they helped Jimin with what he missed. They were enjoying the warm sun with the smell of a thousand flowers. 

"We should have a picnic here sometime." Jimin suggested. They all nodded enthusiastically. 

"I totally agree with you." Seokjin said. "That would be lovely."

Shortly afterwards they left to have lunch. They ate together talking and laughing at Seokjin's dad jokes. When they finished Jimin said he had to go to the bathroom and they decided to meet at the dance studio after changing their clothes. Jimin came in his room and saw something he didn't expect to see. Wooyoung was laying down, his head in San's lap while San played with his hair. San was softly  humming a song to a sleeping Wooyoung. He looked at Wooyoung's peaceful face while sleeping and bent down to gently kiss his forehead. When he straighten up, he locked eyes with Jimin, and his cheeks turned red. 

"How long were you standing there?" San whispered, not wanting to wake Wooyoung up. 

"Long enough. But don't worry your secret is safe with me." Jimin said smiling. "Though I'm pretty sure that if you tell him how you feel, he return your feelings. I'm pretty sure he's like you too." San sighed but said nothing else. 

"Can you tell me where do find comfortable clothes? I'm going to the dance studio."

"Yes, in your closet you have a drawer with some pairs of jeans and T-shirts, so just choose something from there." San said not showing any intention of moving. 

Jimin opened the drawer and chose a black pair of jeans and a white T-shirt with the word 'positivity' on it. He went to the bathroom to change. When he came out he saw San was still sitting on the floor with Wooyoung's head in his lap. He walked to the bed and took two pillows, putting one between San's back and the wall. He then lifted Wooyoung's head gently and put the pillow on San's lap placing Wooyoung's head on the pillow. San looked at him with a gratefully expression while Wooyoung sighed softly in his sleep. Jimin smiled and then left the room.

 On his way to the studio he suddenly saw a ball of fur in the corner behind a statue. He slowly came closer and saw that behind the statue was hiding a bunny. The bunny looked at him with big black eyes and slowly came closer to him. When he came out of the shadow of the statue, Jimin saw it was a white bunny with a black mark on his tiny nose. The bunny approached Jimin until he was able to lift him into his arms. When he looked at the bunny from this close he saw that the black mark had a heart shape to it. 

"Hello little one. What are you doing here?" he petted the bunny gently while the bunny rubbed his nose in his palm. That was when Jimin noticed the bunny had a collar with a name tug on it. The name tug had 'Bugs' written over it. Jimin giggled, whoever this bunny belonged to was clearly a joker. 

"So do you like carrots Mr. Bugs bunny?" Jimin laughed as the bunny was sitting peacefully in his arms. Jimin thought about it for a second and chose to take the bunny with him to the studio. 

"We're going to dance Bugs. You like dancing?" Bugs just blinked up at him. 

When they reached the studio Namjoon, Seokjin And Hoseok were already there. They turn to look at him still not spotting the bunny. 

"What took you so long?" Namjoon asked. 

"Oh well I just made a new friend." Jimin said. "Say hello to my new friend Bugs the bunny." he then lowered Bugs to the floor. But he didn't move, he stayed close to Jimin. 

"Oh what a cute little bunny." Seokjin said smiling widely while Namjoon nodded. 

"Go say hello Bugs, they're super friendly." he nudged Bugs gently but the bunny refused to leave his side. 

"OH MY GOD WHAT A CUTE FLUFFY BUNNY." Hoseok suddenly yelled. "HIS SO ADORABLE I THINK I MIGHT COMBUST." 

His yelling scared the bunny that jumped back into Jimin's arms. Jimin giggled. 

"Hoseok you scared him!" Jimin said while Hoseok pouted. 

"Yeah, animals are usually afraid of me at the beginning because I'm too loud." he said. "Oh well, shall we start dancing?" the three boys nodded. 

Jimin placed Bugs on the floor and with one last pet he went to join the others. They were dancing and laughing until it was almost dinner time. They had so much fun laughing at Seokjin's and Namjoon's inability to dance, that  they barely noticed the time passing. They decided to go shower and change and meet at the entrance of the dinning hall. Jimin turned around to see Bugs was still there. He lifted the bunny. 

"You wanna come with me? Maybe I'll find you some carrots here." Jimin said waving to the others and walking out. The bunny seemed to be excited to have carrots and started bouncing a little in Jimin's arm. 

"I'll take that as a yes." Jimin giggled. 

When he reached his room Wooyoung was very much awake, being his usual loud self, while San and Seonghwa were preparing Jimin's night suit. When they saw Jimin enter, they greeted him not noticing the bunny in his arms. 

"Hey guys, could you perhaps get me some carrots?"

"Wha-" San started saying when he saw the bunny. Bugs chose that exact moment to jump off of Jimin's arms, standing in the middle of the room staring at the butlers. 

"Is that who I think it is?" Seonghwa asked. 

"OH MY GOD IT'S BUGS" Wooyoung yelled. This time the bunny didn't run away but went straight to Wooyoung, wanting to be pet. 

"How do you know this bunny?" Jimin was confused. 

"Well you see," San started pointing to Bugs. "This bunny here is the Prince's bunny. Bugs is his pet."

"The Prince has a bunny for a pet?" he said with wide eyes. 

"Yes, he does." Seonghwa said. "Also, this bunny isn't very fond of new people, or any people for that matters."

"So how come he likes Wooyoung and me?" Jimin said when the bunny left Wooyoung to run back to him.

"Well Wooyoung used to take care of him  for a little while, so the bunny knows him." San said thinking. "But it is very intriguing that the bunny likes you after seeing you once." 

"You should go wash up, it's almost dinner time." Seonghwa said while Wooyoung approached him to take the bunny. 

Jimin nodded leaving the bunny with them and going to the shower. When he finished showering he saw there was a dark navy blue suit on his bed. He wore it on top of a white button up and they got him ready, fluffing his hair and choosing jewelry while the bunny was peacefully eating carrots. When he was ready he put on his shoes petting the bunny once, watching his tail wiggle a little. He giggled. 

"Will you watch over him until I return?"

"OF COURSE WE WILL WHAT KIND OF A QUESTION IS THAT?!" Wooyoung squealed.

While San looked at him fondly and chuckled, Seonghwa was covering his ears shushing him. Jimin laughed going to eat. When he reached the dinning hall he saw they were waiting for him again. 

"Are you always late sir Jimin?" Seokjin asked playfully. 

"No I swear, I'm usually on time." they all laughed and went to have dinner. Entering the room Jimin noticed almost half of the chosen were gone. 

"Where are the rest of the chosen?"

"Didn't you hear?" Namjoon asked and Jimin shook his head. "They were sent home, the Prince sent them home." 

"Oh, so early on?"

"Yeah, it's usually like that, a big part of the chosen are sent home after the first day or two." Hoseok explained. 

"Huh, I never heard of that." Jimin said thinking. 

"Too bad he didn't sent Lalisa home." Seokjin said scoffing at the girl who was eating her dinner peacefully. 

"Yeah I agree with you."

"Same."

"You guys that's not very nice." Jimin said scolding them. "Even though you're right and I agree with you as well." he said giggling making them chuckle. 

"Let's go eat I'm starving." Seokjin said.

They all laughed nodding and sat down eating their dinner. All the while, Jimin was thinking how come Jungkook didn't mention it to him. 'Oh well I'll ask him later.' he thought to himself. 



 

To be continued….

Ps. Please understand that I love lalisa so much but I just needed a bad person I'm sorry don't be mad:'(