Upset

Selection

 

After all the lessons they had with Jinyoung, Jimin felt exhausted. He could not hear another word about which fork you need to use for fish and which one you use for meat. He was walking around the palace with Hoseok, chatting and giggling. They were enjoying each others company, when Jimin spotted a room that looked a little familiar. Going to that room he gasped. It was a huge dance studio. He wandered why would the palace have a dance studio, but he was happy he found it. He looked at the floor to ceiling mirrors and the big speakers, and he felt the need to dance so bad. He turned to Hoseok. 

"Can we go in for a while? I just really want to dance a little." he looked at him with pleading eyes. Hoseok's eyes lit up. 

"You dance too??" he asked excited. 

"Yes I do. I dance contemporary and a bit of ballet. What do you dance?" Jimin asked, thrilled to find they have another thing in common. 

"Oh that's so cool. I dance mainly Hip Hop and street dance."

"Oh I always wanted to learn how to dance Hip Hop, I just never had the time around the house." Jimin said a little sad. 

"No worries then. I'll teach you if you want. I'd love to learn some contemporary myself." Hoseok said, smiling so big it could have out shine the sun. 

"Yes! I'd love that too!" Jimin said smiling as well. 

"Then it's a deal, just not in a suit. Also I'm beat after today, so how about tomorrow if we have time in the evening?" he suggested. 

"Yes, that's a good idea. But I think I might stay back and dance a bit now."

"With the suit?" Hoseok lifted an eyebrow. 

"Hmm, I'll probably take the jacket off and dance like that. I don't mind." he just shrugged. 

"Alright, but don't forget to get some rest, don't stay up too late please." he said heading out. 

"I will, don't worry, have a goodnight." he flashed him a big smile. 

"Goodnight." Hoseok said, waving Jimin goodbye. 

Jimin waved back, taking his jacket off and starting to stretch. He turned the speaker on and started moving to the beat. The beat wasn't so slow and Jimin was flowing across the room. Feeling the music he danced, feeling as free as one can be. When he danced he felt at home, his mind was free, he had no worries. Just him and the music. And there was nothing more peaceful for him than dancing.  As he danced he did not feel the pair of eyes watching him with growing interest. After a few more songs he decided to head back to his room. 

"Oh God where have you been? And why are you so sweaty?" Seonghwa said as soon as he walked in, going to the bathroom to start a bath. San and Wooyoung looked just as confused. 

"I found a dance studio here. Did you know there was a dance studio in the palace? I mean, who dances here?" Jimin said smiling. 

"Well, that's where you'll have your dance lessons. " San answered, taking Jimin's suit jacket. 

Jimin looked at him with a puzzled expression. "What do you mean by 'dance lessons'?"

"You'll be getting dance lessons there. How to waltz and stuff like that. It's so you'll know how to dance at the ball, or at formal events." Wooyoung explained, putting Jimin's jewelry in tiny boxes. 

"Oh I see. Well, it makes sense." Jimin said and went to the shower. After drying his hair and wearing his pajama, he walked to his bed. Flopping on the bed as he sighed. 

"I had the longest day. You will not believe what we were taught today." he looked at the three who were now sitting on the floor. He noted how San was sitting extremely close to Wooyoung with a hand on his thigh, but chose to say nothing.

 He started telling them everything about his day. How Jinyoung got so mad at a girl, she almost cried. How he made Hoseok laugh so hard he spat the tea they were having. The three butlers were laughing loudly, listening to every word. Jimin was enjoying his time with them. After a long day of studying, he loved the fact that when he came to his room, he wasn't alone. The four boys were so busy laughing and sharing stories they didn't hear the knock on the door. When Jimin saw something move in the corner of his eye, he lifted his head and saw none other than the Prince. He looked at him not really sure what to do. His staring caught Seonghwa's attention, who turned to see the Prince standing at the door. He gasped and got up motioning for the youngers to do the same. The three hurridly got off the floor and bowed, while Jimin was sitting on the bed- far too comfortable to get up. 

"Your highness hello, we apologize sincerely, we didn't hear the door." Seonghwa said still bowing. 

"It's alright. It seems you were quite occupied with sir Jimin." Jungkook said smiling softly at the butlers. He then lifted his eyes and met Jimin's. Jimin was still on the bed, unhappy that the Prince had interrupted their fun. 

"Umm, we, uh we should probably go." Wooyoung said seeing the tension between the two. Elbowing San and Seonghwa, signaling that they should leave. 

"Oh yes, we, uh, we have that thing that we need to do. Right Seonghwa?" San looked at Seonghwa for help. 

"R-right, we do have that thing, that, uh, yes, so we should get going." he turned to Jimin. "If you need us through the night you know how to call us." the three bowed to the Prince one more time before scurrying out very loudly. Jimin shook his head smiling fondly. Jungkook looked at Jimin's smile a little taken back. He then smiled. 

"You have a very interesting bunch here, do you not?" he said chuckling lightly, still not sure how to approach him. 

Jimin smiled. "Yes I do. And what brings you here highness?" 

Jungkook looked at him trying to decide whether he was joking or was he asking for real. 

"Umm, well I said this morning that I would come to your rooms to have a chat."

"Oh oh right, I completely forgot though. Sorry." Jungkook thought that he didn't look so sorry, but he let it go. 

"Well, what do you wanna chat about?" Jimin asked, looking like he was already so done with the conversation. Jungkook was confused, 'didn't he want to chat with me?'.

"About anything you'd like. Actually I'd like for us to get to know each other. So why don't you tell me about yourself?" he sat on a chair next to the bed, since he realized Jimin will not leave the bed. Jimin scoffed. 

"Don't you already know everything about me? You know with you being the Prince and all?"

Jungkook was silent for a few moments. "I don't know everything about you just the basics." he looked at Jimin who wasn't looking back at him. "Have I done something to offend you?"

Jimin looked at him. This close the Prince was quite attractive. His brown hair was slicked back, he had big round eyes and his nose was cute. Overall, Jimin would say he's pretty good looking. But he didn't like him, he didn't wish to be here, he wanted to stay with Yoongi. But he couldn't, and it was hard for him to let it go. He needed Tae. He needed time. 

"Umm, no you really have done nothing." Jimin said, he then remembered what happened in the morning. "Actually, why did you make fun of me this morning?"

"Pardon?" the Prince looked at him not fully understanding what was he talking about. "Oh,  you mean about Jinyoung?" Jimin nodded. "I was actually making fun of him. Cause I made a bet with him that he would make at least one of you fear for their life." he chuckled again. "And he did, so that means I won." he looked smug.

 Jimin looked at Jungkook. He looked like an overgrown child, he couldn't believe he was actually the Prince of one of the biggest empires in the world. 

"Is that what you do on your free time? You make bets with the staff about scaring us to death?" he looked at the Prince.

The Prince was a little confused. "Well you see, when you work all the time on budgets and rebels and war, it's nice to sometimes act like you don't have that burden on your shoulders." the Prince looked down, and then back up to meet Jimin's gaze. "Do you know what I mean? Have you ever felt like you wanted to run away?"

Jimin looked at him, but his thoughts had drifted off. He could say he wanted to run away from the Palace. He didn't wish to be here, and he felt like a bird in a cage. But looking at him, he realized the Prince was being honest with him, sharing his thoughts. So he couldn't make fun of his feelings and insult him and the palace. He sighed. 

"I-I have, yes, many times." Jimin said looking sad. Jungkook wanted to ask him why was he so sad, who made him so sad. But he felt like it wasn't his place to ask yet. Instead he chose to change the subject. 

"How do you like the palace so far?" Jungkook watched as Jimin's eyes got a bit of their shine again. 

"Well, I made a friend here which is new, I didn't have many friends back home. And we share the same interests and he's so nice to me. Also, the food here is out of this world, I'm thinking of stealing your cook when I leave. Not to mention how beautiful the gardens are. I've never seen so many colorful flowers, and the fountain is making the garden look like it was from a movie or something. And you have a dance studio here, did you know that?" Jimin was rambling. "Of course you did, what am I saying, you freaking live here." he rolled his eyes feeling a little stupid. Jungkook was silent for a few seconds. He then started laughing really hard. 

Jimin looked at him a bit confused, not sure why he was laughing , but he could tell Jungkook didn't laugh a lot. He looked really cute while laughing. His nose scratched and he had tiny dimples. Not to mention, that when he laughed, Jimin couldn't help but think that he looked like a bunny, which made him smile a tiny smile. 

"You're a funny one. I think this is the best chat I've had. Would you like to know why?" he looked at Jimin. Jimin nodded. 

"Well you see, I've been chatting with everyone. And they all tried to impress me, show me that they should be chosen, that they are the best pick. They've all been extremely fake. Now I know some of it is because of the stress and excitement. But then I come here, to the last person I need to meet, and he's making no effort to impress me. He doesn't try to make me like him, and is probably enjoying his butlers' company, more than mine." he chuckled. "So you're the most refreshing person I ever talked to."

"Is that a compliment?" he looked a little confused. 

"Of course! Being different is really good, you're also very amusing."

Jimin scoffed. "Well I'm not here to entertain you. Or I guess I am." he looked straight at Jungkook. Jungkook looked at him. 

"Would you like me to leave? Cause I don't feel like you really want me here."  Jimin thought about that. What has the Prince done to offend him? Well not a lot. Then why was he so annoyed? He didn't have the answer to that. 

Jungkook watched him sitting and thinking so hard while biting his lips. Jimin's lips were something else, they were so incredibly appealing. So plump,pink and inviting. They looked like pillows, and he wanted to know if they felt like that too. 

Jungkook didn't notice he was staring until he heard Jimin clear his throat. 

"Y-yes I'm sorry what did you say?" he blushed a little at the eyebrow raise he got from Jimin. 

"I said you don't have to go. It's just been a long couple of days. Plus, I didn't really want to be here so.. "

"You didn't want.. To be here?" Jungkook looked confused while Jimin nodded. "Wh-what? What do you mean?"

Jimin looked at his hands not answering. He didn't trust Jungkook enough to tell him everything. 

"I-I had to leave someone behind and come here." 

Jungkook thought for a second and nodded. "So… I'm guessing you did not come here for me?"

Jimin felt ashamed. "N-not really highness. My heart is elsewhere. I'm sorry." Jimin was on the verge of tears. Jungkook slowly put a hand on his head. 

"It's ok, I understand. Matters of the heart are not to be taken lightheartedly." he gently patted Jimin's head. "But I have to ask, do you ever think you could give me a chance? If not then we can stay friends and I'll send you home, where you wish to be. " Jimin looked at him stressed. 

"N-no, you can't send me home. I don't want to go there. I-I can't cause, well, cause I don't want to see that person. Also, um my family, uh, my family needs the money." Jimin looked even more ashamed, while tears slipped out of his eyes. Jungkook understood what this was all about. He kept patting Jimin's head gently. 

"So you wish to stay here?" Jungkook asked. "Also, you did not answer my first question."

Jimin took a few deep breaths, he was panicking. Usually in those cases, Tae was there to help him, but he wasn't here. Jungkook saw that something was wrong with Jimin. Jimin was having a panic attack. He took Jimin's hands in his. 

"Jimin, please calm down. Breath for me, do like me." Jungkook said taking deep breaths and realising them slowly asking Jimin to do the same. Jimin was trying to copy him, he really did, but was having a hard time doing so.

"Jimin please, I promise there's nothing for you to worry about. So please breathe for me." Jungkook ran his thumbs on the back of Jimin's hands. "Jimin, please look at me." Jimin lifted his head, meeting Jungkook's gaze. His cheeks were wet from the tears he shed. Jungkook had a determined look on his face, and yet there was something soft in his eyes. Like somehow he knew what Jimin was going through, and how he felt. 

"Please breathe. I'm not gonna throw you out. Have faith in me, please just breathe." 

After a few minutes of starting at each other and breathing, Jimin seemed to calm down a little. 

"Are you ok?"

"Y-yes, I-Im better now." Jimin hiccuped. 

"You should go to bed, we'll talk more in the morning. Now just relax and sleep please." Jimin nodded, too tired to argue. And laid in his bed covering himself with the blanket. Jungkook gave him a gentle smile, a pat on the head and walked to the door. 

"T-thank you Jungkook." Jimin mumbled half asleep. Jungkook smiled at him again though Jimin couldn't see him. 

"Goodnight Jimin. I'll see you tomorrow." He said closing the door behind him. By the time the door was closed, Jimin was sleeping soundly, feeling more relaxed. 

 

Jungkook closed the door and sighed. This was very interesting. He thought about Jimin sleeping all cuddly and soft. Jimin was absolutely cute there was no denying it. Not to mention how gorgeous he was. But at the same time he was… sassy? Jungkook felt confused and tired from the long day and the chosen ones who were all clearly fake. 'But Jimin wasn't fake. Cause Jimin isn't like them' his brain supplied. Jungkook shook his head and headed off to bed. 

He felt asleep while a certain sassy hair boy was occupying his mind. 



 

To be continued…