At the beginning

Selection

"Come everyone, the broadcast is about to begin."

Not another brodcast, Jimin sighed for what felt like the millionth time, why would he even want to watch that? All they talk about is war and the rebels. Oh yes, and their perfect Prince. Honestly, that's all they talk about which was nothing interesting to Jimin. But his mom called him to watch. It's like she gets strength from watching those broadcasts. 

"I'm coming mom." Jimin yelled from his room. He was just working on a new choreography for the next time he was hired to preform. You see, his family was not rich, but a rather poor one. So he had to preform to earn some money for the family. He had five younger siblings, three younger brothers and two younger sisters, he had to help provide food, clothes ect. But he was never envious of what the rich had. For he had an amazing family even if they were crazy or too much at times.

Jimin went to the living room to find all of his family already watching the broadcast. 

"Did I miss anything? " asked Jimin.

"No, they just talked about war again. " said Taehyung his one year younger brother.  Jimin just rolled his eyes.

"Why are we waisting our time watching this when they never say something new?"

"Jimin...." Jimin's mom said sounding tired.

"They said they have big news regarding our Prince." Jimin's dad answered patiently. 

"Shhh, it's about to start." Squealed Taehyung. 

"And now I shall invite our precious Prince to come and announce the big news. I give you Prince Jeon Jungkook !" said the interviewer.

Jimin watched as the Prince came in the frame. He never understood why people went crazy over him. He looked overly confident, stiff and just as arrogant as one can be.

"OH MY GOD HE'S SO ING HANDSOME ." At this point Taehyung was losing his mind screaming like a teenage girl. 

"Taehyung language, calm down. " their mom said a bit annoyed. 

Jimin just giggled quietly. Thats why he loved Taehyung so much, he had no brain to mouth filter and would say whatever he thought at the time.

"Hello everyone, " the Prince had started, drawing their attention back to him. "I have some special news for tonight. " he smiled looking a bit fake in Jimin's eyes. "As all of you probably know, I am now of age, which means that a selection is in order." 

At this point Jimin couldn't hear anything cause Taehyung has completely lost his mind and started yelling and running around the house. 

"Therefore, in every district there will be messengers in the King's name to sign up whoever wishes to take part of the selection. Of course within the age range. Next week we will announce the names of the chosen ones. " he took a breath and looked at the camera again. "I hope to find a partner within the people who'll sign up. I wish you and our country the best. Have a good night." The broadcast ended and commercials started playing. Something about soda.

"Jimin y-" his mom started saying. 

"Oh no, no no no no. I won't go." Jimin cut her before she could finish. 

"Jimin you are of age you should go. If you win you'll be a Prince."

"I don't want to be a Prince. I don't want to leave you behind and go compete with other people for a man I don't even want! Send Taehyung he'd love to go." Jimin said annoyed at the offer.

"Taehyung is too young and you know it. At least go sighn up." His mom insisted. "We'll go tomorrow and sighn you up."

Jimin was mad at this point. "Will you not even ask me what I want? Does it not matter to you at all? You just decide for me all the time."

"Jimin..." his father said.

"Ugh, whatever." said Jimin and went to his room slamming the door shut. He was annoyed that he could never choose for himself and always had to be told what to do. He was already 18 and helping provide for the family. But he still couldn't make his own decisions. Frustrated he played some music and kept working on his choreography trying to perfect it. Before he knew it, it was 11pm. He turned the music off and went to take a quick shower. When he was drying his hair he heard a knock on the window. Smiling to himself he opened it and inside came Yoongi. Yoongi, was not much taller than Jimin, with jet black hair and ripped jeans. Yoongi's family were close friends with Jimin's family. What both families didn't know was that their sons were secretly dating. And for more than a year too. They kept it a secret because they knew none of the families would like it since Jimin's family wanted him to get married with a rich man and help the family, and Yoongi's family was poorer than Jimin's. Therefore they kept it a secret. 

"Hey baby." Said Yoongi as he came to hug and kiss his boyfriend .

"Hey." Jimin said feeling tired and melted into his boyfriend's arms.

"Are you ok? You look tense."

Jimin sighed. "It's just my mother."

"Oh boy what did she do again? " chuckled Yoongi. 

"It's not funny." Whined Jimin burying his face in Yoongi's neck.

"Ok ok im sorry. Now tell me what happened. " he ran his hands in jimin's hair knowing it calmed him down.

Jimin sighed. "She wants me to sighn up for the selection. " he murmured into his neck.

"Hmm do you want to?" Yoongi asked quietly. 

Jimin backed away from him shocked. "Of course not! What are you talking about? I love you not that stupid fake Prince. " he was getting upset and Yoongi saw it quickly pulling him into a hug.

"I'm sorry baby, it's just...I don't know what I was thinking."

"Please don't say that again. I will go tomorrow only to satisfy my mother. I'm probably not even gonna get chosen, what are the odds?" Asked Jimin once again in Yoongi's neck.

"Hmm" was all Yoongi said.

After that they cuddled on Jimin's, not so big, bed kissing from time to time and just enjoying each other's presence. When the clock in jimin's room 1am Yoongi looked at him. 

"Min," he said. Jimin only hummed in response.

"I have to go it's late and tomorrow I start working early for the arrogant composer in his studio. " Yoongi said.

"But I don't want you to go." Jimin whined not ready to let go.

"I have to but I'll see you soon so leave the window open for me." Said Yoongi, already getting off the bed despite Jimin's pretests.

"Fine, but I'm gonna miss you so kiss me again." Jimin said pouting. 

Yoongi smiled. "As you wish."

He bent down and they shared the sweetest kiss of the night while smiling on each other's lips. The kiss ended too quickly in jimin's opinion, but he didn't protest knowing it wouldn't change anything since Yoongi was halfway out the window.

"Bye min I love you."

"I love you too get hone safe." Whispered Jimin. And with a nod Yoongi was gone. Jimin laid in bed feeling many things. He really wished he didn't have to hide the fact that he was dating Yoongi, but his family just won't approve. He thought many times how to tell his parents and explain to everyone that he's in love with Yoongi and wants to marry him. But it never ended well in his head. His mom would never let him marry Yoongi. It made him so upset he almost cried. Why can't he get the one thing in the world that he actually wants? Life was unfair. 

Jimin took a deep breath to try and calm down. Just then there was a knock on the door and Taehyung's head popped in. 

"Did he leave?" He asked.

Jimin looked at him confused. "Who?"

"Yoongi . Did Yoongi leave?"

"How did you know he was here?" Jimin was shocked.

"Oh, I've know all along. you're not as quiet as you think you are. And I saw him sneak in a bunch if times."

"Tae pl-"

"Don't worry I'll never tell on you, you know that. Is that why you don't want to be a part of the selection? " he asked laying next to Jimin on the bed.

Jimin sighed. "Yes but mom doesn't know. And if signing up would make her feel better I will." He said quietly. "What are the odds I'll actually be chosen? " he laughed a humorless laugh.

Taehyung looked at him and decided he shouldn't say anything anymore. So he slowly put his arms around Jimin's waist while Jimin put his head on Taehyung's chest, taking a deep breath.

"I'm always gonna be here for you no matter what. Don't forget it." Taehyung said patting Jimin's back.

"Thank you Tae I love you." Jimin said his eyes getting droopy.

"I love you too minie." Taehyung said.

Tomorrow they'll go sighn up and things will go back to being complicated. But now, everything was peaceful and perfect. 

 

To be continued. ..