First meeting

Selection

As soon as they got in the staff pointed them to a room. When they entered it they saw a bunch of people, probably the other chosen, and a lot of staff, going around, offering tea or snacks. A butler approached them. 

"Hello sirs, would you like something to drink or eat while you wait for your guide? "

Jimin shook his head with a smile. "No thank you I'm ok. What about you Hoseok? "

Hoseok was spacing out, looking everywhere with shiny eyes, so Jimin gently tapped his shoulder and asked him again. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry I'm always spacing out." he with a smile. "Umm, no I'm good too but thank you. "

The butler seemed surprised by their answers, he smiled a small smile, bowed and left. Jimin was wondering why he looked so surprised, did they say something weird? 

He also didn't like that he bowed to him, but then again, it was probably part of the process. Jimin sighed quietly and looked at the butler again. He saw him approach a girl, probably asking her the same question he asked them. She looked at him with an annoyed face, turning away from the girl she was talking to. 

"Of course I do, what kind of question is that? Should I do your job for you? Or can you get me my tea? " she said rudely. 

The butler didn't look surprised by her, but Jimin thought he looked slightly offended. 

"Of course miss I apologize, I'll bring it right away. " and then he literally ran to get her tea. 

Jimin was getting annoyed. Why would she speak like that to a person who serves her and did nothing wrong? The girl locked eyes with him, gave him a mean look and turned away flipping her hair. 'What's her problem? ' thought Jimin annoyed. 

"Hey, you okay? " Hoseok asked. 

"Yeah, it's just that this girl was being really rude, and I don't understand what's her problem. " Jimin said, not looking at the girl anymore. 

"Hmm, I don't remember her name, but she's from a rich family. I thought she'd be nice, but I guess I was wrong." Hoseok said glancing at the girl. 

"Maybe she had a bad day or something." Jimin said, trying to stay positive. 

"Yeah, maybe that's why." Hoseok said, smiling at Jimin's good heart. 

"Hello everyone," Jimin and Hoseok turned to see a tall looking guy wearing a suit. "My name is Jinyoung, and I'm going to be your guide in the palace." Jinyoung said looking at every single person in the room. He looked really serious, like he is not the guy you should mess with. 

"I will be in charge of your studies here in the palace as well."

"Studies?" someone in the room asked. 

"Yes studies. You didn't think we'll give you the throne without training you, did you?" Jinyoung said with a serious face. 

There were sighs and hums of agreement from all over the room. 

"I see that some of you are surprised for some reason, so I'll say this once." Jinyoung said, looking to every person in the eyes. "You are here for the Prince, well at least some of you. But you must understand that marrying the Prince comes with duties." he took a breath. "I feel that it's my duty to inform you that life as a Princess will not be all about the clothes or the food or the jewelry." he looked at the rude girl from before. "You are to be a partner for our Prince, but as a Princess you would have to work as well. Such as eating with important people, helping with running the country and taking care of the citizens of this country." he made eye contact with Jimin. "So if you thought you'd come here with no education of manners, ruling and such, you are absolutely wrong. I will teach these to you over your stay in the place. Is there a question?" he looked at everyone again. No one dared to say a word, they received the message loud and clear. 

"Alright then, let's start the tour and then you'll be escorted to your rooms." he said and began to walk without waiting for an answer. 

"He's gonna be fun to be around." Jimin whispered in Hoseok's ear. 

"yeah, he looks like he's the life of a party type of guy." Hoseok whispered back and they both broke into a fit of giggles. 

"While we're going around the palace please keep your voice down, for you are supposed to be well mannered." they both heard Jinyoung say from the front of the group. 

Jimin and Hoseok looked at each other and giggled quietly until Jinyoung gave them a look, and they became quiet. 

"Okay, well he's not very nice" Hoseok whispered to Jimin. 

"Well, he's supposed to take care of what? Thirty people, and have them ready to be Princes or Princesses. It's not easy and I'm sure he must be tired." Jimin said, though he thought the same. 

They went around the palace, seeing everything there was to see. All except for the royal rooms, where the royal family was sleeping. 

"Alright," Jinyoung said, looking at everyone. "now you'll be heading to your rooms, where you'll be staying. You'll have your dinner there and tomorrow you'll be meeting the Prince." some of the boys and girls squealed quite loudly. "So please rest well, and be prepared for tomorrow. Now, your head maid or butler will you to your rooms. Have a good night." Jinyoung said and left without waiting for response. 

"sir Jimin," Jimin felt the lightest tap on his shoulder. He turned to see a tall man in staff uniform. 

"Yes?" Jimin asked with a smile. 

The butler looked a bit taken back."Umm, yes. My name is Seongwha, and I'm your head butler. If you don't mind, I will you to your room now, sir." he said with a bow. 

"Yes of course, and please don't bow." Jimin said kindly, feeling uncomfortable. The butler looked confused, but nodded anyway gesturing for Jimin to follow him. Jimin waved to Hoseok and they both decided to meet in the morning to go to the dinning hall together. 

When they got to the room, Jimin saw two more butlers who looked younger than Seongwha. They were giggling together until they saw Jimin and they both stopped completely, looking at him a bit scared. Jimin didn't understand why, he wasn't going to do anything. 

"Hello, my name is Jimin, what are your names?" he said smiling. Both the younger butlers look at each other and then at Seongwha, to make sure Jimin wasn't joking. When Seongwha nodded they looked at Jimin again. 

"Hello sir, my name is San." said the taller one bowing.

"And my name is Wooyoung, nice to meet you sir." said the other butler and bowed as well. 

"Hello it's a pleasure to meet you, please don't bow." he said smiling. "Also please just call me Jimin, let's not be so official." 

"But it would be improper to speak to you like that, sir." said Seongwha, while the younger butlers looked at him weirdly. 

"Please, you'll be taking care of me while I stay here, you should at least be allowed to call me by my name." Jimin said smiling. The others looked at each other extremely confused. 

"Why is everyone always look at me like that? Did I say something wrong? Am really that weird?" Jimin asked. 

"Oh no sir, it's just you're the first guest to be friendly and nice to us, that's all." said San. 

"Oh I see, and please I asked you to call me Jimin." Jimin said.

"Of course, I'm sorry sir, umm I mean Jimin." San said. Jimin understood it's gonna take them a while to get used to it, but it was fine. 

"Would you like to take a shower? We can start a bath for you." said Seongwha, going to the bathroom and starting to ran a bath without waiting for response. The other two looked at his speechless face and giggled. 

"You'll get used to it. You should see what happens when he's cleaning." said Wooyoung, giggling and falling onto San. San looked used to it, and just caught him, giggling as well. 

"I heard that!" Seongwha yelled from the bathroom. The three boys started laughing loudly, and suddenly Jimin didn't feel so alone. He felt like at least he had some people who would keep him company, even if they were paid to do it. 

"The bath is ready sir." Seongwha said coming out of the bathroom. 

"Please call me Jimin, Seongwha I insist." said Jimin and went to the bathroom. 

After the shower, Seongwha blow dried his hair, while Wooyoung and San were choosing his clothes for tomorrow.

"If you'll need anything through the night, please don't hesitate to call for us." Seongwha said after Jimin insisted he didn't need anyone staying with him at night, and that they should rest as well. 

"I will, now please get some rest." Jimin said. The butlers nodded, thanking him for his kindness and left. Jimin was in his room all alone, he was tired, so tired. The day was exhausting, but he felt restless at the same time. He was not used to sleeping in other beds. And don't get him wrong, this bed was definitely the best bed he'll ever sleep in, it felt like marshmallow and was perfect. But it wasn't his home, and Taehyung wasn't here to come in the middle of the night and talk, or just cuddle and sleep. He felt the tears rise. Suddenly he spotted the speaker in the room, he got up and played some gentle music. He moved it to the balcony and just let his body flow to the sounds. He was dancing for a few minutes, completely lost in the sound, when he heard soft singing. The voice was gentle and warm, like a hug after a long day. Jimin kept dancing, he no longer felt alone. The voice kept singing, comforting him in a way. When the song ended the voice stopped, Jimin looked down to try and find the owner of the soothing voice, but all he could see was darkness and woods. After dancing he felt more at ease, so he went to bed and fell asleep at once. 

 

"Come on Jimin you have to get up, we must get you ready for breakfast." San said in the morning. Jimin went to sleep to late and didn't want to get up. 

"Five more minutes and I'll get up, I swear." Jimin mumbled still half asleep. San and Wooyoung giggled while Seonghwa was starting a bath. 

"You said that like ten minutes ago." Wooyoung said, still giggling. 

"Ugh, fine fine if you insist. But I must warn you, I look like a zombie when I wake up so don't get scared."

Everyone laughed, which made Jimin giggle and get up. San and Wooyoung pretended to be scared, while Seonghwa looked amused.

"Ya don't make fun of me or I'll eat you." Jimin said trying to sound scary, but actually looking like an angry kitten, all fluffy and tiny. 

"Please before you eat them get ready, or you'll really be late." Seonghwa said trying to scold him, but not really succeeding since he had a smile on his face. 

"Alright, alright I'm going." Jimin said running to the bathroom. 

After drying, he put on a robe and left the bathroom. He came in to see San and Wooyoung, putting a navy blue suit on his bed. 

"What's this?" Jimin asked while he sat in front of the mirror, and Seonghwa started blow drying his hair. 

"This it your day suit. I think blue will suit you well with your black hair." San said while Wooyoung nodded. 

"Do I have to wear it? It doesn't look comfortable." Jimin didn't look too happy about it. 

"Of course you do! I thought you'd want to since you came here and all." Wooyoung said, looking shocked by the question. Jimin was quiet for a few seconds. 

"Actually I didn't want to come here, but here I am, so I guess I should dress in a proper way." Jimin said smiling a little. The rest looked at each other, but kept quiet. When Seonghwa finished, Jimin went to put the suit on. When he came out, the three butlers looked stunned. Seonghwa quickly pulled him to the mirror, putting light makeup and fixing his hair. In the mean time, San and Wooyoung looked through the jewelry and picked earrings, bracelets and a necklace. When Seonghwa was done with his hair and makeup, the younger ones put on the jewelry. When they were done, Jimin looked at the big mirror. He was absolutely amazed, the color of the suit went perfectly with his hair just like they said. His makeup was so light, you could barely tell he was wearing any. And the tear drops earrings, bracelets and necklace, looked like he had drops of rain on himself. He loved it because he still looked like himself. He Looked at the butlers and saw that they were stunned into silence. They looked absolutely smug a second later, high-fiving each other. 

"You are absolutely beautiful. I'm so proud of us honestly, I'm not gonna lie." Wooyoung said. 

"Shush, you're being improper." Seonghwa said, regardless of Jimin's laughter. 

"You should head down now." as soon as San said that there was a knock on the door. He opened the door to see Hoseok in a black suit and red tie, looking classy. 

"Oh wow Jimin you're gorgeous."Hoseok said looking at Jimin up and down. 

"Me? Did you look in the mirror?" Jimin said giggling while putting his shoes on. Hoseok blushed. 

"Thank you so much, I didn't know if I looked too boring." He said looking at his suit. 

"Oh no, I like it. It's very classy. Plus, your red shoes are really not boring." Jimin said glancing at his shoes. 

"Haha thanks. Now please let's go eat, I'm so hungry." he said holding his stomach. He heard two of the butlers giggle quietly, and the third one shushing them. 

"Oh hello, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Hoseok, I hope Jimin wasn't too much trouble." he said winking at them. They all giggled while Jimin whined. 

"Oh no, sir Jimin was very well behaved." Seonghwa said, looking at Jimin's glare amused. 

"Alright let's head to the dinning hall, cause I'm so close to eating one of your butlers." 

"No don't! I really need them!" Jimin yelled making everyone laugh. They waved at the butlers and left. When they reached the dinning hall they saw everyone was already eating. As soon as they sat down a butler came, holding pancakes with maple syrup and coffee. Jimin looked at the food and then at the coffee. He didn't like coffee at all, it was too bitter for him. But he didn't know if he could ask for something else. 

"Is everything alright sir?" the butler asked, seeing Jimin staring at his cup of coffee. Jimin looked embarrassed. 

"I really can't drink coffee, it's too bitter for me. Is there a chance I can get a cup of hot chocolate instead?" he said feeling like a bother. 

"Of course sir right away." the butler left to get his hot chocolate. Two minutes later he had a cup of hot chocolate in front of him. 

"Thank you so much, I'm sorry if it was a bother." he said looking at the butler. The butler was surprised, but said nothing and just nodded and left. Jimin started eating while talking to Hoseok. It was by far his best meal ever. The pancakes were so fluffy like clouds and so sweet. And the hot chocolate was absolutely perfect.

"Hello everyone," Jinyoung came out of nowhere, almost giving Jimin a heart attack. "When you finish eating please head to the conference room, where you'll meet the Prince." at that, the room got noisy. People hurrying to leave. 

"Let's go!" Hoseok said. 

"Wait I'm not done eating, you go and I'll catch up. Save me a spot though." 

Hoseok nodded and left Jimin to finish eating. When Jimin was done, he thanked the butler for clearing his dishes and left. Just as he left, he suddenly understood that he doesn't remember where the conference room was. He sighed and looked around starting to walk, hoping he was going in the right direction. He turned right and smashed into something, falling to the floor. 

"I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there." Jimin lifted his head to see none other than the Prince himself. The Prince extended his hand to help Jimin out. Jimin took his hand and got up. He fixed his clothes a bit and looked at the Prince. The Prince's eyes widen for a split second and it was gone. Jimin thought he might of imagined it. 

"I'm so sorry your highness, I wasn't looking where I was going." Jimin said half bowing. The Prince looked a little amused. "I was on my way to the conference room and got lost." Jimin said. "Jinyoung will skin me alive." he said quietly. The Prince laughed at that. Jimin looked confused, was he laughing at the fact that he was about to be murdered by Jinyoung? 

"I'll show you the way, in fact we can go together." the Prince said. They started walking, making two left turns and reaching the conference room. Jimin looked embarrassed, all he had to do was make a left turn when he left the dinning hall. He thanked the Prince quietly and ran inside. He found Hoseok and sat down. Two minutes later, the Prince entered the room. He looked at everyone while they were going crazy, yelling and squealing. He made eye contact with Jimin and gave him an amused smile. Jimin was confused, while Hoseok looked like he wasn't breathing anymore. 

"Hello everyone, I'm here to see you quickly before I head to work. I'm glad you all came here, and would like to get to know you. So this afternoon I will have a short chat with each of you in your rooms. I hope you'll have a great time here." he said, and then he looked like he remembered something. "Oh, also don't fear Jinyoung, I know he looks scary but I promise you he won't harm you in any way." he looked straight at Jimin while saying it, making Jimin blush and glare at him. The Prince looked more amused by Jimin's glaring. "I shall head out now, have a lovely day." he said smiling at Jimin on more time and leaving. 

"Come here please and get your name tugs." Jinyoung said. 

After getting his name tug, Jimin sat down still confused and a little pissed. 'What the hell was that? Why did he look at me like that? Why did he smile at me? Did he make fun of me? Of course he did.' jimin kept on thinking, until Jinyoung's voice pulled him out of his thoughts, showing he was spacing out again. He decided to listen to the lesson, and soon he forgot about the Prince. 


 

To be continued… ..