Chosen?

Selection

When Jimin woke up the next day he was still in Taehyung's strong arms. Taehyung was still peacefully sleeping, snoring quietly and mumbling something about dancing puppies. Jimin giggled quietly and got up to get ready for the day. After washing up, feeling refreshed and awake, he went to wake Taehyung up by throwing a pillow at his head. Taehyung grumbled, only half awake. 

"Taehyung get up it's late." Jimin said after looking at the clock, it was 9am. 

"Fine fine I'm awake." he said grumpily. Seeing Jimin was still watching the clock and spacing out, he grabbed the pillow and threw it at him. 

"Ya what are you doing? "

"You started it." Taehyung laughed loudly at Jimin's pouting face. 

Jimin then grabbed his pillow and started hitting Taehyung repeatedly. Taehyung didn't waste a second, grabbing his own pillow hitting Jimin back. Jimin let out a little scream taking a step back, almost losing his balance. Taehyung took advantage of it, catching Jimin,  throwing him on the bed and tickling him. Jimin started laughing really loudly, screaming, "Stop Tae! I give up! I GIVE UP! "

A few seconds later, their mom entered the room, looking displeased. 

"Jimin what are you doing? Why aren't you getting ready?" she turned to Taehyung. "Why are you here? You should sleep in your own room, not in Jimin's. " she scolded him. 

"Get ready for what? My next performance is on Wednesday and it's Monday. " Jimin looked confused. "Also, I don't mind Tae sleeping here, actually I was the one who asked him to sleep here. Right Tae? " Jimin looked at Taehyung sending him signals with his eyes. 

"Um, y-yeah, that's right. "

"So please don't be mad at him. " Jimin told his mom. 

"Alright, alright. Now Jimin please you must get ready we need to leave soon. " she said, once again looking at Jimin. 

"Um, where are we going mom? "

His mom sighed. "Jimin, we are going to sign you up for the selection. Have you forgotten? "

"Oh, right." Jimin suddenly remembered, looking unhappy. 

"Yes, so wear something nice, fix your hair and let's go. I'll be waiting downstairs. "

Jimin was about to respond, but his mom turned away, exiting the room. 

Jimin flopped on the bed. "What does she mean by 'wear something nice? ' do I not dress nice all the time? " he huffed. "I don't want to impress anyone, I don't even want to be chosen. "

"Come on Jimin, I'll help you get ready in no time." Taehyung said. "Also, thanks for saving me there. She looked like she was going to eat me or something. " he giggled. 

At the mention of eating, Jimin's stomach growled. He whined loudly. 

"I didn't even eat breakfast yet. "

"Don't worry, I got you. " Taehyung said  looking suspicious as he left the room. When he came back, he had a small box of cookies hidden in his pocket. 

"But that's from your snacks box, I don't want to eat your snacks. " Jimin protested. 

Taehyung chuckled. "Don't tell anyone, but I've got like three more boxes of those, so it's all good, just eat. "

Jimin looked at him weirdly. "One day you're gonna have to tell me where you get all those snacks. Cause it sure ain't from mom. "

Taehyung just shrugged at that and gave Jimin the box of cookies. "Eat. "

Jimin started eating the cookies, while Taehyung was looking inside his closet for something 'nice' to wear. He pulled out a pair of blue jeans and a fluffy white sweater. 

"You should wear this with your white sneakers, since those are your best shoes. " Taehyung said, looking at Jimin who was still munching on his cookies. "You'll look so cute." he squealed a little. 

"But I don't want to look cute, cause I don't want to be chosen. " Jimin complained. 

"Oh shush, think about mom." he gave Jimin the clothes. "Now go get dressed, your Highness. " Taehyung bowed down comically. 

Jimin took the clothes and punched Taehyung, running to the bathroom before Taehyung could catch him. 

 

"You could have wore something fancier than this. " his mom said when they waited in line to sign up. 

"I don't want to impress anyone. Plus, this is really nice, I like it. " Jimin said meaning every word. 

His mom didn't argue, she just sighed and mumbled something about how tired she was. Jimin felt a little guilty. His mom worked so hard for them to have a decent life, and all he did was wear her out and make her mad. He looked at her. 

"I'm sorry mom I didn't mean to upset you. I-it's just a little too much for me." 

His mom looked at him and touched his cheek. "I know it might be too much for you but, I have faith that you'll be alright. I believe in you, don't doubt that son. " she said smiling. 

"Thank you mom. " Jimin said. And even though he was still unpleased, at least he knew his mom believed in him. 

 

"Smile, a big beautiful smile please. " the photographer said, looking at Jimin through the camera. "Think about something or someone that you love. "

Jimin let his mind wander to Taehyung, who's waiting at the house for Jimin to come and entertain him. He thought about his father, probably working really hard right now to provide for his family. He thought about his mom, looking at him right now with a loving expression on her face. He thought about his younger brothers and sisters, who were at school and kindergarten playing with their friends. And finally, he thought about Yoongi, his loving boyfriend, the one he wished to marry. Before he knew it, he had a huge smile on his face, eyes disapearing and face glowing. The photographer looked taken back for a few seconds. He then took many shots and thanked them for coming. 


 

A few days later, Jimin found himself once again in front of the TV with his family, waiting for the broadcast to begin. 

"Are you curious and excited? " his mom asked. 

"Hmm, not really, cause I know I won't be chosen. " Jimin simply said. 

"Have more faith son. " his father said, touching his shoulder. Jimin just shrugged. 

" And now, for the moment you've all been waiting for, the announcement of the chosen for the selection." Jimin heard Taehyung taking a deep breath, excited. Looking to his left, his parents were holding hands looking hopeful. Jimin sighed, turning his attention back to the TV, Prince Jungkook was already on. 

"Hello everyone, now is the time you've all been waiting for. I will now announce the names of the people who were chosen. " he paused to take a breath and looked back at the camera. " Jung Hoseok, Manoban Lalisa, Kim Yugyeom, Chou Tzuyu, Kim Namjoon,Shin Ryujin, Choi Julia, Kim Seokjin-" 

Jimin wasn't really paying attention as the names kept being called. He just spaced out thinking about how tonight Yoongi will be coming over. 

"And last but not least Park Jimin. "

The house was quiet for a few seconds until Taehyung's, "WHAT THE HELL?! I KNEW IT" was heard loud and clear. 

"Oh my God Jimin you were chosen. I can't believe my baby is going to be the next Prince. " his mom said proudly almost tearing up. 

"I knew you'll be chosen Jimin. Congratulations, I'm happy for you. " Jimin's father said, touching his shoulder again. His brothers and sisters went crazy, not really understanding, thinking Jimin was chosen to be a prince, and that they're going to live in the palace now. Only Jimin was quiet, absolutely shocked. He could not believe he was chosen, he was going to the palace. He was going to leave his family and boyfriend behind. He did not like that one bit. 

"Those are the names, tomorrow drivers will arrive at your homes to bring you to the palace. I'm very thrilled to meet you all. Have a goodnight everyone " the Prince said, looking a little nervous, and the broadcast ended leaving everyone in silence. 

"I-I'm going to t-the palace? " he looked at Taehyung with tears in his eyes. Taehyung took one look at him and understood what he meant. But he knew he can't talk about it in front of his family. 

"I think Jimin is a bit overwhelmed. So, um, I'm gonna take him to his room and help him pack ok? " he said holding on to Jimin. 

"Oh, well yes of course. Make sure he doesn't forget anything. " their mom said. 

"Sure, I'll do that. "

Inside his room Jimin broke down in tears. Sobs leaving his mouth quietly, so his parents won't worry. 

"Tae, w-what am I-I-I gonna d-do? " he asked voice broken. 

"shh, don't worry about it right now. Focus on breathing for me, and try to relax" Taehyung said, holding Jimin close and letting him cry in his chest. Jimin cried for a while, until he had no tears left anymore. He looked at Taehyung with puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks. 

"What am I gonna tell Yoongi? Tae I'm so confused. "

"Tell him the truth, explain that you don't even like the Prince, so he shouldn't worry. " Taehyung said, patting Jimin's hair gently. 

"Ok, alright. Now help me pack, I don't know what to take. " Jimin said, taking a deep breath and trying to calm down. 

They packed for a while, Taehyung making Jimin laugh every few minutes so he won't be too depressed. They were almost done when there was a knock on the window. Taehyung silently left after giving Jimin a boxy smile and thumbs up, closing the door behind him. Jimin opened the window to let a very tired Yoongi come in. 

"Hey baby, you would not believe it. I had the worst day ever. " Yoongi said hugging Jimin tightly and then flopping on his bed. Jimin looked at Yoongi for a while and then sat next to him on the bed. 

"You're being awfully quiet, did your mom do something again? " he looked at Jimin. 

It's now or never, Jimin thought taking a deep breath. "I have been chosen for the selection." he said quietly. Yoongi looked at him surprised. 

"Do you have to go? " was all he said. 

"Of course I do. It's an order from the fricking king! If I could I would stay. " Jimin said annoyed by the ridiculous question. "It will also be good for my family, since they'll get money monthly for my stay. "

"Hmm, then just go. " Yoongi said looking upset. 

"Is that all you have to say?? " Jimin asked feeling hurt. 

"What do you want me to say?? Go for it?? goodluck with impressing the Prince? Have fun being spoiled with clothes and food? " Yoongi said madly. 

Jimin could not believe what he had just heard. They were dating for more than a year and that was what Yoongi thought of him? Jimin felt the tears in his eyes. But he refused to cry. 

"I thought you'd say you love me and that you'll wait for me to return. But I guess that's too much to ask for. I told you a million times that I don't want him, but you just won't listen." he said. To be honest, they both knew their relationship wasn't going to see the light of day. It was only a matter of time before they broke up. But Jimin wanted to believe, wanted to spend his time with Yoongi. Turned out Yoongi did not have faith in their relationship. 

"I'm sorry min, but I feel like we both knew this day would come sooner or later. You have a real shot at happily ever after with a Prince and everything. I don't want to be in the way of your happiness. "Yoongi said looking sad but determined, he took Jimin's hand. "Maybe we were not meant to be together. " he said quietly. 

Jimin couldn't stop his tears anymore. "But I won't be happy with him. I'm happy right now with you."

"But I think you'll be happier without me. " Yoongi whispered looking hurt as well. 

"Yoongi… what are you saying? " Jimin asked shakily. 

Yoongi took a deep breath and looked at Jimin with tearful eyes. "I think we should break up. For your happiness and mine. "

Jimin was now full on crying. He knew Yoongi might be right but he was hurt, sad and refused to believe it. He didn't want to break up with him. 

"I-I understand." he said slowly, since the tears held him back a little. 

"Trust me when I say that I care for you." Yoongi said truthfully, still holding Jimin's hand. 

Jimin nodded. "I need you to keep an eye on my family when I go. Especially Tae, he might need some company when I'm gone, so he won't be lonely. " He said. 

Yoongi nodded. " I will, don't worry. "

"I can't help but worry. They're my family, and I care and love them. I tend to worry about the people I care for. " he said looking Yoongi in the eyes. 

"I know." Yoongi gave him a small smile. They both shared a meaningful look and hugged for a while. Then, Yoongi gave Jimin one last look and left. Jimin laid on his bed confused as to what he was supposed to feel.

"You can come in now. I know you've been listening all along. " Jimin said tiredly, looking at the door. A few seconds passed and then Taehyung came in, not even looking ashamed at the fact that he was eavesdropping. 

"How are you feeling about all this? " he asked, laying next to Jimin and looking at the ceiling.

"I'm just confused and overwhelmed. I mean, I just broke up with my boyfriend, and tomorrow I'll be on my way to the palace. "

"I wish I could come with you. I'm gonna miss you so much. " Taehyung said feeling sad. "You better send me letters every day and tell me how's it like there. Oh! And if the Prince is really as handsome in person. "

Jimin giggled. "I think you're the Prince's biggest fanboy in the world. "

Taehyung just laughed nodding. 

Jimin hugged him putting Taehyung's head in his shoulder, knowing he needed to be the bigger spoon tonight since Taehyung was extremely sad about Jimin's leaving. 

"I will miss you too. I love you more than anything. And I'll send you letters everyday to gossip about the others. " Jimin said, patting Taehyung's back up and down in a calming matter. 

"I love you too." Taehyung sniffled. 

And that's how they fell asleep, one again with arms around each other. 

 

"Don't forget to send us letters or call us to let us know how you are. Also, behave well though I don't really have to tell you that right?" Jimin's mom said the next day, when they were saying their goodbyes. 

"I won't forget no don't worry." he playfully rolled his eyes. 

"If you'll forget to sent me letters, I'll be really mad so watch out." Taehyung said a little teary. 

Jimin chuckled. "Don't worry Tae I won't forget."

Taehyung nodded. "I'm gonna miss you a lot. Don't forget us when you become a Prince. "

"How could I? You're literally all I have. And I'm gonna miss you all a lot too. " Jimin was getting teary. 

He hugged his family, took his bag and entered the car. After he closed the door, he saw a figure by his house. He waved at Yoongi with a small smile and the car drove away. Jimin spaced out most of the ride, but when he looked outside he saw the view was amazing. There were a lot of flowers in so many colors, swaying in the wind. Green trees that you couldn't see the tops cause they were so high. He was sure he also saw a herd of wild horses, running around freely. He wished to be as free as them one day, to have no worries, no fears. Before he knew it, the car pulled over, and the driver opened the door for him. 

"Thank you." Jimin said shyly. 'I could have opened it by myself.' he thought, but he assumed he'd have to get used to it. Looking up, the palace was breathtakingly beautiful. It was huge, completely white and it had big lion statues on both sides of the gates, forever the guardians of the royal family. There were many guards with big weird hats, wearing blue and black uniforms, big swords in their hands. Another thing Jimin noticed was the amount of camera men around him. They were everywhere, filming his every move. Suddenly someone bumped into him almost making him fall. 

"Oh no, are you ok? I swear I'm so clumsy, I'm just stunned by the palace and everything, so I wasn't looking where I was going. But can you blame me it's THE palace, I think I might faint. Oh no, I'm rambling I'm sorry. " Jimin lifted his head to see a tall skinny boy with a huge heart smile on his face. Jimin thought he was facing the sun itself. The boy was absolutely beautiful, with bright brown hair, his warm dark eyes and his big smile that seemed to outshine the sun. 

"Yeah I'm ok don't worry." Jimin said sending him a smile. "I don't blame you for staring at the palace, it's incredible really. I've never seen anything close to it. "

"I know right? It's insane, the thought that we'll spend our time here for a few weeks." the boy said smiling wide. "Oh, I'm so impolite, I forgot to introduce myself." he extended his hand to Jimin. "Hello, my mane is Hoseok it's nice to meet you. " 

Jimin took his hand shaking it. "Hello I'm Jimin, I hope we can be friends. " he smiled a little awkwardly. It's been a while since he made new friends.

"I'd love to! " Hoseok said and giggled. "Now let's go, we need to go in and the staff are waiting for us. "

Jimin nodded, and they both walked towards the staff waiting at the front door of the palace, talking and giggling. 'Maybe it won't be so bad with him here' Jimin thought to himself. And so began their journey in the palace, who knew things would end up the way they did. 

 

To be continued…