Missing

Selection

Jimin was panicking. As soon as he heard the alarm, warning them that rebels had entered the palace, he left everything on his table and went to hide inside the deeper parts of the library. He didn't know whether he was safe or not, but they were not told where the safe rooms were. He assumed it was because they didn't expect the rebels to attack the palace. As he went deeper into the library, he spotted a door. If you weren't looking for it, you could have never found it. He decided to go inside and just hide there. When he entered the room he couldn't see anything, the room was filled with darkness. It did not help with the anxiety and panic that he was feeling. He kept reminding himself that he should breathe, should at least try and calm down. 

At the end he couldn't do it. The darkness was too much, on top of that there were sounds right outside of the door. The rebels were in the library, he felt like he was gonna faint in a second. He heard them going around the room as if they were looking for something. Or maybe someone. 

"I found a bunch of letters here." he heard one of them say. "One of the chosen ones was here, and it looks like he left in a rush so maybe he is still close by."

Jimin couldn't stop shaking at this point, feeling his eyes sting. They found the letters Tae sent him, what would he do if they took them? Or destroyed them? 

"Which one of the chosen ones is it?" he heard a second voice ask. 

"It says here Park Jimin."

Jimin couldn't hear them anymore because the panic was too much for him. The rebels were talking in hushed voices, when a gunshot was suddenly heard.

"What the hell was that?? I told them we're not here to kill people." he heard a very angry voice shout. 

"I don't know who did that. Maybe it was one of the palace's soldiers." the second voice said. 

"Let's find out, I wanna know who did that. We can't afford to lose our people in this place."

Jimin heard them walking out of the library loudly. He was still sitting in the dark room, feeling like every breath required a lot of strength from him. He didn't know when will he be able to leave this room, and the thought of staying there for a while stressed him out. He needed to relax, at least a little bit. He was trying to think of happy things, like Tae. But thinking about Tae led him to think about the letters and the rebels. Then his mind suddenly drifted off to the first night he spent at the palace. The voice he heard while he was dancing, the warm comforting sound. Thinking about the voice that gave him so much comfort and calmness that night, relaxed him enough to breathe slightly better. He tried taking deep breaths when he heard someone enter the library. 

 

The Prince was in the middle of a meeting when he heard the alarm go off. He was led to a safe room where all the chosen were. Looking around the room he saw that some of them were crying while others  were trying to calm them down. He was missing someone, someone important. He saw his mom and dad sitting in a corner on chairs.

"Hey are you alright?" he said coming to them. 

"It's been a while since we were attacked. But I think your father and I are okay." his mom said with a faint smile. 

"Yes we're quite alright. But I suppose you should check up on the chosen since they look absolutely petrified." his dad said. 

Jungkook nodded and started checking up on the chosen when he suddenly felt an arm on his shoulder. Turning around he saw Hoseok, looking stressed and terrified. 

"JIMIN IS NOT HERE YOU HAVE TO FIND HIM." Hoseok yelled completely panicked. 

That was what I was missing, Jungkook thought. How could I forget him? He was extremely disappointed in himself. He looked at a very upset Hoseok.

"I'll find him please don't worry. I'm sure, he knows that he must hide. I'm positive that he'll be here any second."

"No you don't understand." Hoseok said. "We didn't know about the safe rooms, we were led here by soldiers and staff who found us since we were in our rooms. Jimin is in the library, he went there alone and he didn't tell anyone about it other than me. That means that the staff didn't come for him because they didn't know that he was there." he explained feeling out of breath. 

"That's really really not good." Jungkook mumbled to himself. "I'll send someone to go look for him right now, please don't worry. Your friend is a tough one, I know he will be alright." he gave Hoseok a comforting smile and Hoseok nodded going to sit next to Namjoon and Seokjin. 

Jungkook went to the first soldier he saw. 

"You and I are going right now to find Jimin."

"B-but highness, I'm not sure that it's a good idea. The rebels are still out there, it's way too dangerous to go out now."

"It'll be far more dangerous if I lose him. Unless you are hinting that we can afford to lose him?" he looked at the soldier with a firm look. 

"Of course not highness! I'm just concerned about your safety, that's all." the soldier explained. 

"Then keep me safe while we go and get Jimin from the library, have I made myself clear officer?"

"Y-yes, of course highness."

"Then let's go, lead the way." the soldier nodded, opening the door and stepping out quietly. 

The safe room was not too far from the library. But when the palace is full of rebels, the stress and fear make every inch feel like a hundred. Jungkook was anxious about getting Jimin back. He could not lose him, he was pretty sure Jimin was his future and he did not want to lose his future. As they walked through the palace, it seemed as if most of the rebels had run away already. But neither one of them was fooled by that. They very quietly and discreetly went around the palace until they reached the library. 

Looking inside the room, the library was a mess. Books were thrown everywhere, chairs were upside down some of them broken. There we papers everywhere and it looked like a few vases had been shattered to pieces. He looked at the soldier pointing for him to go to the right as he went to the left, that way they could cover more space in less time. The soldier nodded and they both split up, looking under tables in order to find Jimin. Jungkook looked everywhere, seeing Jimin's letters on one of the tables. They were all scratched up and scatters all over the table. He assumed that Jimin left everything on the table and went to find a place to hide as soon as he heard the alarm go off. If he was right, that meant Jimin was somewhere nearby since he couldn't have gotten too far. He searched everywhere when he spotted a door. He remembered that door since he used to hide in that room sometimes. He went closer to the door, reaching out his hand he held the door's handle and opened it. 

When the door was fully open and the dark room was washed with light, he saw him. Jimin was sitting in the far corner of the room, hiding his head between his legs and arms. Jungkook's heart broke at the sight. Coming inside, he slowly walked to where Jimin was silently crying and sat next to him. He put a gentle hand of Jimin's head and felt him flinch. 

"LEAVE ME ALONE. DON'T TOUCH ME." he suddenly yelled. 

"Hey, hey it's me jimin calm down love. It's just me." he said gently but urgently. 

Jimin looked at him through teary eyes. Jungkook realized that he was still having a panic attack, his chest rising and falling really fast. Jungkook reached out, slowly this time, to touch Jimin's wet cheek. Jimin let him, looking at him with anxiety mixed with severe stress. Jungkook offered him a soft smile and slowly  brought him to his chest hugging him gently. 

"It's going to be okay min, I'm here." he said. "No one is going to hurt you, you're safe with me. You're not alone anymore, I've got you."

Jimin started crying hysterically, holding onto Jungkook's shirt so tightly, his knuckles turned white. He sobbed loudly almost choking on his tears, and buried his face in Jungkook's neck. Jungkook was so heartbroken, he could feel Jimin's tears on his shoulder. He hugged Jimin tightly petting his hair gently in a comforting manner. He cleared his throat before talking, trying to hold back his own tears. 

"Jimin love, you're going to be okay. I promise, but right now I really need you to breathe. Can you do that love? Can you breathe with me please?" he asked his voice cracking from holding his tears back. 

Jimin was still sobbing to his neck, his sobs shaking Jungkook's chest. 

"Jimin please look at me. Please, love." he felt a tear slip from his eye. 

Jimin slowly pulled his head from the younger's neck and looked at him. Jungkook couldn't help but think how breathtaking Jimin still was. His eyes were red and shining with tears, his little nose was red as were his lips, probably from biting them too much out of stress and fear. Jungkook brushed his hair out if his eyes and held his wet cheeks, smiling softly. 

"Can you try to breathe with me? We'll do it together alright?" he asked rubbing his tears away with his thumbs. 

Jimin nodded, they looked at each others eyes, breathing a few deep breaths. Jimin felt himself slowly relaxing, feeling comforted by Jungkook's hands on his cheeks. 

"You are doing great love, I'm so proud of you." Jungkook said when he saw that Jimin was calmer and breathing more calmly. 

"I-I t-here wer-re rebels h-h-here, I thought t-tha-at I was gonn-a die." Jimin said between hiccups his eyes filling up with tears again. 

"You are so strong my love, so strong and brave. And now I'm here for you, so you're safe, alright?" Jungkook said wiping Jimin's tears before they had a chance to fall. 

Jimin slowly nodded, he was sitting in Jungkook's lap while Jungkook hugged him again. He placed his head in Jungkook's neck. Jungkook smelled like rain and forests, it was a warm relaxing scent. Jimin felt his eyes slowly close, not being able to stay awake any longer. 

Jungkook was silently threading his fingers through Jimin's locks ,while his other hand brought Jimin closer if that was even possible. After a few moments he felt Jimin's breaths even out. He fell asleep. Jungkook guessed it was because of the panic attack, the fear and then the crying. He looked at the door seeing the soldier standing in the entrance. 'is it clear now? Did the rebels leave?' he mouthed not wanting to wake Jimin up. The soldier nodded motioning that they can leave. Jungkook nodded and slowly got off the floor lifting Jimin up with him. Jimin mumbled something in his sleep, but other than that he was still asleep. Jungkook smiled and headed to Jimin's room, motioning to the soldier to take the letters from the table. They crossed the palace, seeing the mess and ruin the rebels had left behind them. Jungkook was relieved that Jimin was asleep, which prevented him from seeing the damage. They got to his room, the soldier put the letters on his night stand and the Prince dismissed him. Jungkook took Jimin's shoes and jacket off, gently laying him down on the bed and covering him with blankets. Jimin stirred and snuggled into the blankets. Jungkook watched him, smiling at how cute and soft he looked. He brush Jimin's hair out of his eyes and cooed when Jimin leaned into the touch. 

"You are so much stronger than you think. You are practically capable of anything if you just put your mind to it." he looked at Jimin who was  pouting in his sleep with a fond smile. "I'm way too fond of you so hurry up and like me already."

He was sitting next to Jimin on his bed until he heard familiar voices. 

"What the hell was that?! This attack came out of nowhere! I almost had a heart attack, I thought I was going to die." he heard Wooyoung's voice from the hall before the three came in. 

"Yeah that was so unexpected. I heard some rumors that Jimin wasn't in the safe room." Seonghwa said. 

"WHAT?! WHERE THE FU-" 

San quickly shushed Wooyoung, putting a hand on his mouth  when he saw the Prince sitting next to a sleeping Jimin. They all looked extremely worried for Jimin. 

"Hello highness, how is he?" Seonghwa asked quietly, not wanting to wake Jimin up. 

"He collapsed from exhaustion. He was hiding in the library when the rebels attacked and apparently they were in the library." he sighed feeling tired as well. 

"Oh no, that must have been terrifying." Wooyoung said holding San's hand that covered his mouth.

"Yeah it took me quite a while to calm him down." he looked at the three worried butlers. "Listen guys, I know Jimin usually dismisses you for the night, but I was wondering if you could stay here tonight and look after him for me." the three nodded before he could even finish. 

"Of course we will! What kind of a question is that?!" Wooyoung exclaimed as San and Seonghwa nodded. 

"I wish I could stay, but I have to deal with the consequences of the attack. So thank you." he said giving them a tired smile.

He turned to Jimin bending down to plant a gentle kiss on his forehead. He looked as Jimin smiled in his sleep causing him to smile as well. He touched his cheek one last time before he said goodnight to the butlers who were giggling, and left. 


 

Jimin woke up the next day with a major headache. He shut his eyes tight and turned in his bed. His face came in contact with something fluffy, he felt something a little wet touch his nose. Giggling he opened his eyes and saw none other than Bugs. He was so confused as to why was Bugs there, but he did not question it. He held the bunny as he slowly sat up in his bed, that's when he spotted his three butlers. Seonghwa was sitting on the floor his back to the wall, sleeping. San and Wooyoung on the other hand, were laying on the floor with Wooyoung's head on San's chest and San's hand around him, sleeping peacefully. Jimin smiled, knowing Jungkook probably asked them to stay the night. He was probably the one who brought Bugs to him as well. Looking to his night stand he saw a letter, he picked it up. 

'Good morning min,  

I came to your room to check up on you and saw that you (and your lively butlers) were still asleep. Therefore, I went to my room and brought Bugs to you. I hope that he was a pleasant surprise when you woke up:)

JK

p.s if you don't feel like getting out of your room today, feel free to stay in and enjoy the day with your butlers :))'

 

Jimin giggled feeling his heart racing after reading the letter. Seeing that his butlers were still asleep, he put Bugs in his bed and quietly left to take a shower. When he left the shower with a robe he saw Seonghwa was already up, stretching and standing up. He saw jimin and smiled at him softly. 

"Morning Jimin, how are you feeling today?"

"I'm actually much better thank you. You didn't have to stay the night here."

"Of course we did. We care about you too much to leave you alone when you need company." Seonghwa said with a wave of his hand, dismissing what Jimin said. 

"Regardless, I really appreciate it, you didn't have to do that." Seonghwa smiled. 

"Let's wake them up so we can get you ready." he looked at the youngers who were still sleeping soundly on the floor, a blanket covering them. "Unless you don't want to of course."

Jimin thought about it. He really wasn't sure if he wanted to get ready for the day and leave. 

"Hmm, how about this," he said looking at Seonghwa. "I'll start getting ready, and if at the end I won't feel like going I'll stay." Seonghwa nodded, agreeing with Jimin and went to wake the youngers up. 

San and Wooyoung woke up slowly. When they made eye contact with Jimin they got up quickly going to him. Wooyoung engulfed Jimin in a tight hug while San looked at him, checking for bruises. 

"Oh my God Jimin you had me so worried yesterday!" Wooyoung exclaimed,  his eyes teary. 

"Yeah we were really worried when we heard that you didn't make it to the safe room. But when we got here we saw you were sleeping with the Prince sitting by your side."

"The Prince stayed here until you guys came?" Jimin looked surprised. 

"Oh he stayed for a while even after we came here. He was looking at you all lovingly and he kissed your forehead before he left. I thought I was going to combust from cuteness." Wooyoung squealed loudly. 

Jimin's face was as red as a tomato. 'Jungkook did what?!' he thought to himself, but if he was being honest with himself, he found that he didn't mind it at all. It was actually the opposite, the thought of getting a forehead kiss from Jungkook made him extremely bubbly and warm. 

"Woo leave him alone. Can't you see that he's embarrassed?" San asked calming Wooyoung down. 

Wooyoung whined while the others laughed. Jimin then decided that today he wanted to spend his time with his overly excited butlers. He needed their presence the most, well after Jungkook's, but he didn't want to admit it just yet. 

"How about I change to something comfortable and we'll have a fun day together? What do you think about that?"

Wooyoung started squealing even before he finished his sentence and the other two nodded enthusiastically with huge smiles on their faces. 

"YESSS LET'S DO THISS." Wooyoung yelled making everyone laugh. 

"Alright then I'll change to some jeans and a T-shirt, if you can get breakfast for all of us that would be awesome." he said walking to the bathroom to change. 

When he was done, he set a table in the balcony for the four of them while Wooyoung played with the bunny and San and Seonghwa went to get their breakfast. As he finished setting up the table, San and Seonghwa came in with a tray full of food. Jimin looked at the food and felt his stomach growling. There were pancakes, eggs, bacon, orange juice and fresh fruit. Looking at the tray, he spotted a few carrots and lettuce for Bugs. He smiled going to get the bunny, placing him on the floor he surrounded him with carrots and lettuce. He watched as Bugs started eating his good excitedly, and took his spot at the table. The four were enjoying their meal, talking and laughing enjoying the breeze and the smell of flowers coming from the gardens. They were having some tea when the door slammed open revealing a breathless Hoseok. He looked inside the room and saw all of them in the balcony. He turned around.

"You guys he is here." he came in with Namjoon and Seokjin following right behind him. 

Hoseok ran to Jimin, engualfing him in a hug and almost making him fall with his chair on the ground. Jimin laughed and hugged him back. 

"YOU HAD ME SO WORRIED YESTERDAY." Hoseok yelled, looking at Jimin.

"Hobi,  I don't think you should yell so close to him, he might go deaf." Namjoon joked making everyone laugh. 

"Please don't get up we'll just add more chairs." Seokjin said when he saw the butlers slowly getting up to make some room for them. 

The butlers looked at Jimin hesitantly and Jimin nodded. They brought more chairs and sat down. 

"Are you okay? I thought I was going to faint when I saw you weren't in the safe room." Hoseok asked looking at Jimin with worry in his eyes.

"I had to hide in the library. I didn't know where the safe room was and then I remembered that no one knew where I was. So I had no other choice but to hide in the library." he said looking at everyone. "I really don't want to talk about it, so how about you'll tell me what Jinyoung said today?"

"Oh right, of course." Namjoon said. "We don't really have a schedule for today because of the attack and all.There are a lot of the chosen who are shaken up.  So he just let us know that in two day we'll be on the broadcast."

"What? What are we suppose to be doing?" Jimin asked, not liking the idea of being on national television at all. 

" Well basically just sit there and look pretty and if Taemin askes us any questions, then we just answer." Seokjin said. 

"Yeah it's not supposed to be hard. They just want to introduce us to the country and all."

"Are we going to talk about the Prince?" Jimin asked. 

"Of course you will have to talk about him!" Wooyoung who was sitting quietly suddenly exclaimed. "That also mean that the Prince will go on dates with all of the chosen, that way everyone will have what to talk about."

"Oh, that makes sense." Jimin said. 

"Well some of us already got to go on a date with the Prince." Hoseok said blushing and looking at Namjoon and Seokjin. 

"WHAT?? You three were on dates with the Prince and you didn't tell me?!" Jimin asked feeling left out. 

"Yeah we were and he's so sweet I swear." Hoseok said with a dreamy look. 

"Yeah he's a really good and kind person, how can you not fall for him?" Namjoon said 

"Let's not forget how good looking he is. Did you see those muscles?! I would literally die if he would carry me." Seokjin said honestly, making everyone laugh. 

Jimin felt his cheeks heating up at the statement. He knew what it felt like to have Jungkook's arms around him. He doesn't remember being carried by Jungkook to his room, but he does remember the feeling of his strong arms around him. He didn't want to share that with everyone so he just kept quiet when they kept on talking about how hot the Prince was. Wooyoung jumped into the conversation happily, saying that the Prince was definitely one of the hottest guys he had ever seen. All the while San was looking at Jimin's red face with a knowing smirk, making Jimin blush even more. 

"Oh look, the cute bunny is here again." Seokjin said when he spotted Bugs still munching on his carrots. 

"How did he get here? Has he been here since Sunday?" Namjoon asked. 

"What? No, I can't keep the Prince's bunny here for two days."

"THIS IS THE PRINCE'S BUNNY?!" Hoseok yelled again. 

"Oh um, yeah." Jimin mumbled, looking at his hands. 

"Is that so?" Seokjin raised a teasing eyebrow at him. "So if he wasn't here all this time, that means that the Prince had to come and bring him to you."

"W-well y-yeah." Jimin was blushing madly. 

He didn't even know why he was so embarrassed by that. He didn't even like the Prince like that, they were just friends. 'Are you really friends? Only friends?' his mind supplied. Jimin didn't want to think about it too much, especially not when he had six pairs of eyes looking at him. 

"I think we might have found the Prince's favorite." Seokjin said with a smirk. 

"I honestly wouldn't mind to know that you are the Prince's favorite. Thinking about it now, you guys fit well together." Namjoon added.

"You guys it's really not like that." Jimin whined, making his friends laugh. 

"Let's not bully Jimin and talk about something else?" Hoseok suggested, saving Jimin from his embarrassment. 

They spent the time talking and dancing and playing games. They ate lunch together and Jimin could see how much fun everyone was having. His butlers were enjoying the day off they suddenly got, laughing with everyone. When it was getting late in the afternoon, everyone said their goodbyes, leaving Jimin's room so he could rest. But Jimin didn't plan on resting just yet. He turned to his butlers after they finished cleaning the entire room together. 

"I want you to dye my hair if you don't mind."

The room was silent for a few moments until Wooyoung squealed loudly. 

"Of course, we would love to dye your hair. But why so suddenly?" Seonghwa asked. 

"I just feel like it's time for a change." Jimin said smiling. 

"Alright, let's go." San said and the three of them entered the bathroom. 


 

To be continued….