Re

Memories Bring Back You

[Spotted!]

Taeyeon’s solo concert today is a star-studded event!

The 29-year old artist is holding her …’s concert today, October xx, at the Jamsil Indoor Stadium in Seoul, and many other celebrities, including her labelmates, are attending to show support.

The first one to arrive is her partner, actress and AOA member, Seolhyun. The actress posted on Instagram story earlier today, a clip of the taeyeon rehearsing with a caption saying “Awesome! Goodluck tonight~!!”

Red Velvet members Joy and Seulgi are spotted arriving at the venue together with SHINee’s Minho. NCT’s Doyoung is also spotted.

Chungha and Laboum’s Solbin are also attending, snapping pictures together backstage with former Produce 101 contestant and taeyeon’s backup dancer, Hwang Sooyeon.

Her close friends Yoona, actress-model, and DJ Hyo are also present, arriving with the founder of Blanc & Eclare, Jessica Jung! What a surprise!

She is definitely King Taeyeon!

Stay tuned for more updates!

-

“Guys! I don’t have that, where can I get that?” jessica asked, pointing to yoona’s bong as they sat on their seats in the middle section, overlooking the whole stage.

“This bong? It’s alright, you don’t need one”

“You’re only telling us now that we’re inside. You are such a child” hyoyeon clicks her tongue and feigns irritation, standing anyway to talk to a staff so they could provide a bong for jessica.

“You guys gave me a ticket and invited me here, of course I want to have the full-experience” jessica fought back

“My point is, you should have told us sooner”

Yuri, who was sitting, or rather slouching, in the middle of jessica and hyoyeon, interrupted “Guys, please shut up and be quiet. Don’t you feel hungover from last night?”

“I don’t even know how you could still attend here after getting too drunk and making a ruckus at sooyoung’s wedding after party last night” jessica argued to yuri with contorted face

“Says the one who climbed on top of the tables” hyoyeon savagely remarked and yuri laughed out loud, slapping hyoyeon’s arm. Jessica was about to go for hyoyeon and yuri’s throats when they were interrupted by the staff who gave a bong to jessica. “T-Thank you”

“Yes, thank you. I thought I was gonna die before you came” hyoyeon said to the staff

“Okay okay, quit fighting” sunny chuckled from the side “Taeyeon’s fans are taking photos of us. I wonder how freakishly weird you three look in those photos”

The three was about to say something when the lights went dim and the fans started to cheer.

“Ooh! It’s starting~!” yoona excitedly squealed and looked at jessica “You haven’t been to one of her concerts, right? Prepare yourself” she said with a knowing smile

Jessica’s heart suddenly pumped real hard from excitement, not just because she’s excited to experience a concert like this, but also because she’s excited to see a different side of taeyeon. She wants to witness it all with her own eyes.

The music started along with the vcr, her heart beats with anticipation each second, until the screen divided and there in the middle, she saw taeyeon in a red dress and veil “Here I am~” taeyeon sings, descending like an apparition in a silver platform.

Jessica was left in a daze, feeling like her heart stopped beating. She couldn’t comprehend how intense it was when taeyeon appeared, not knowing why she wanted to cry at that moment.

-

The concert continued and she’s loving every bit of it. She felt so satisfied seeing taeyeon do some stunts on her performance, dance seductively and energetically as the fans chant her name, seeing her interacting and joking with her fans, belting high notes, and jessica was in absolute bliss especially hearing her clear voice during an acapella part.

She didn’t know taeyeon’s really capable of doing various things and showing different sides of her, she felt like a stranger somehow. She always know how great of a singer and performer taeyeon is, although she can’t help but miss the soft voice that lulls her to sleep.

Used to.

The prelude for Feel so Fine played, and jessica watched taeyeon ascend to a round platform. Her mind wandered, thinking how far taeyeon have come. A memory floats free from her mind to the 18 year-old taeyeon, sitting beside her at the park with a grassy hill, telling her about her dream as they star-gaze.

~

“Hey, listen, I have an important question. Do you know how fungi can grow?” taeyeon asked with eagerness on her smile and jessica just furrowed her eyebrows from this sudden question.

“Wha--” before jessica even finishes her question, taeyeon interrupted, laughing first before she could say what she wanted to say “Give them as muchroom as possible”

“Oh God, that’s terrible” jessica just buried her face to her palm, her shoulders shaking from laughing. She raised her head, still laughing with her eyes closed “I don’t even know why I’m laughing”

After they’ve settled down, taeyeon looked at jessica who was still smiling

“This is my dream”

“What, to grow fungi?” jessica joked.

“No, eww,” taeyeon laughed in disgust “I mean, to see a smile like you have right now from everyone’s face.”

Taeyeon looked at the night sky, luckily witnessing a shooting star “I don’t want to get all too philosophical, but you know, they say, existence precedes essence. People are born initially without a single purpose, and it’s our lifelong job to find it. And I think I’ve finally realize what mine is. One day, I’m gonna perform in front of everyone, and I swear on this...mint-chocolate chip ice cream on my hand that I’ll make endless amount of people happy” taeyeon looked at jessica with a wide smile “That’s my ultimate dream.”

Jessica looked back at her, completely in awe listening to her wide-eyed and passionate bestfriend “One day, I’m gonna make all of you proud” she heard taeyeon say to her.

She stood up, giving her ice cream to jessica “Hold my ice cream please” and jessica held it. Taeyeon raised her hands to and shouted to the world “I can do it!!!”

~

Just realize~ I feel so fine~!!” taeyeon belted which made jessica go back to reality. Confetti started showering the stadium and she looked at taeyeon, the wings on the screen fitted her, as if it was her real wings. She looked like an angel, born to fly.

So beautiful…

Jessica looked around her, watching the ocean of pink lights wave and shine for taeyeon like stars in the night sky, seeing wide smiles plastered on everyone’s faces, cheering for her; they are all very happy. She looked back with pride at taeyeon, who has a wide and happy smile looking at her fans.

“You did it” jessica whispered with a proud smile.

-

The five girls are chatting while walking their way to taeyeon’s dressing room, hoping to chat for a while and take pictures. When they entered however, there was no sign of taeyeon.

“Where’s taeyeon?” sunny asked taeyeon’s manager

“Oh, hello, she’s at another dressing room at the end of the corridor.” the manager pointed to her right “She usually takes her time alone there every after concert. She’s probably changing her clothes right now. Do you want me to get her?”

“I-I’ll get her” jessica raised her hand slightly “You guys wait here and rest. The room at the end of the hall right?” she smiled at the manager, earning a nod and a thank you.

She walked her steps with excitement of seeing taeyeon alone, each step making her heart pump harder. When she reached the door, she knocked three times. No one answered, but she hears faint voices inside. She took the liberty of opening the door and peeked, she feels a numb pain embrace her chest.

Taeyeon and seolhyun are talking and laughing inside. She watched how seolhyun’s hand rest on taeyeon’s shoulder, squeezing it gently as taeyeon’s hand snake behind seolhyun’s back as they talk. She saw how seolhyun looked at taeyeon, how from afar, she can feel seolhyun’s eyes dilate just looking at taeyeon.

She was about to close the door to give the two some privacy when seolhyun’s eyes landed on the door, realizing someone was looking at them. “Hello?”

That moment, jessica really wanted to slam the door and run away from embarrassment, but she opened the door anyway “Umm, sorry to interrupt but taeyeon, your manager…”

“Wait, aren’t you…?” seolhyun walked towards jessica “You’re the ceo of Blanc & Eclare! It’s so nice to meet you!” she laid out her right hand to jessica. Jessica slowly took the hand and shook it, feeling her body being pulled into a hug. Taeyeon just smiled at the two and went behind the rack of clothes “I really love your designs, I wish you would launch a store here in korea”

“Thank you” she smiled a genuine one, reflecting seolhyun’s.

“So uhh, taeyeon still hasn’t finished changing. I’ll go ahead and tell the manager” she walked back to taeyeon and kissed her cheek before she walked towards the door “Let’s talk more later” she said to jessica, flashing her a smile before leaving and closed the door.

“…umm, I should probably go too..” she has her hand on the door knob but didn’t turn it. “Good job tonight, by the way. I enjoyed watching. You really did great” jessica genuinely said to taeyeon who was changing behind the rack of clothes. “I saw how you love what you’re doing”

“Did I look cool?”

Jessica chuckled at the question “Yeah, but don’t go all…haughty and boastful on me now, will you?” she turned and faced the direction of taeyeon’s laughing voice

“Come on, let me claim my glory for once. You and seolhyun are so alike” jessica just silently laughed

“Hey, umm, she’s really nice. Seolhyun.” jessica shyly admitted as taeyeon emerge from the corner with comfy clothes.

“She is. She’s actually a lot nicer than she looks”

“Does she know?”

“About us? Of course” taeyeon confidently answered, much to jessica’s surprise

“Wow, I admire her. Not all ‘presents’ are okay meeting their partner’s exes.”

“Because she knows there’s nothing to be jealous about. She trusts us both.”

Jessica smiled at this. To trust not just taeyeon, but her as well. She imagines how taeyeon must’ve told good things about her to her current girlfriend. She wonders what kind of face taeyeon has when she was talking about them, if she ever told seolhyun about all the things they went through, together.

She wonders if taeyeon ever wished for them to have another chance.

“….Hey taeyeon…I’ve been thinking…” taeyeon looked at jessica, seeing the girl contemplating with her thoughts, but she was interrupted when the door opened and they both hear continuous barking.

A small grey ball of fluff came running towards taeyeon and then to jessica. Jessica looked down, seeing the dog bark and jumps at her, wanting for it to be carried by her.

“Hi there little buddy” jessica carried the dog and was immediately at the lips. She moves her face away as she laughs “Woah”

“Zero….don’t stress her too much…. Come here” taeyeon approached the stunned girl to get zero from her arms.

“That’s…zero?” jessica somewhat feels wonderful after learning it was zero, it felt like she held her child. A thousand more memories came rushing through her mind.

“Yeah, I know, he’s small. But he’s cute” she pouted her lips to be by zero “and he likes you. I told you before, right? That he’d like you more than me. It took a LONG time before he my lips, but it only took seconds for you.”

“Taeyeon, hurry up, your friends are wai—“ a woman went inside and was stunned to see the other girl who was with taeyeon “Oh, jessica…Long time no see”

“Mo—I mean..Mrs. Kim…” jessica was dumbfounded but quickly bowed in respect. Taeyeon’s mom smiled at the girl and approached her.

“You didn’t have to be so formal, sica” she hugged the girl for a moment and pats her back. Jessica just nods and awkwardly smiled. Taeyeon’s mother looked at taeyeon and took zero “I’ll give you two some space, but hurry up, alright? Jessica, don’t be a stranger, let’s drink tea together sometimes.”

“Y-Yes” jessica replied, and the woman went out. Taeyeon chuckles on the side, looking at jessica who blankly stares at the door.

“Well, we should be getting back as well, I bet they’re all tired of waiting” taeyeon tries to walk to the door but was stopped by a hand on her wrist. She looked at jessica who looked at her with troubled eyes.

“Is something wron—“

“Let’s start over”