Cake Thief

Memories Bring Back You

“Ugh”

Taeyeon went home to their apartment, feeling groggy and tired. Jessica sat up from the couch and approached taeyeon. She wrapped her arm around taeyeon’s neck and gave her a peck on the lips. “Hi~”

“You’re home early” taeyeon asked her girlfriend

“I just got home an hour ago. Anyway, I heard that long sigh when you entered. Long day at school? What happened this time?”

With a long sigh, she explained how her day went “This one girl in class is throwing a sharpay evans at me, thinking I was trying to steal his guy just because we’re both leads in a play. Like, where the heck are we? Highschool musical? She can have the guy for all I care”

Jessica listens as she pulls taeyeon to the couch “She even complains to the professor she can act better than I do. I mean?? For the record, I earned that role fair and square. Goodness Gracious Glory me.”

“Awww, honey. What can I do to cheer you up? Do you want me to run you a bath so you can relax? I bought a new body wash with your favorite vanilla scent”

“I’d like that…thank you.” taeyeon nodded. Jessica stood up to get the bath tub ready when taeyeon spoke again

“Or a drink. I need a drink—OR a cake! Yes a cake, I remember there were still two slices left….” taeyeon blabbered to herself as she went to the kitchen excitedly to get the cake from the fridge. When she opened the fridge however…

“Babe, where did you put the cake? Did you transfer it to a container?” taeyeon still looks around the fridge “Babe?” she calls for jessica but she hears no response. She went out the kitchen and sees jessica slowly and quietly escaping to the bedroom. When jessica realizes she’s been caught, she stopped on her tracks.

“Ummm… I forgot I still have to finish my umm.. sketches so…” she slowly tried to walk away again

“Jess. Please tell me there’s still some of that cake we made last week”

No response.

“Jung. Soo.yeon. Where’s. the cake. Why can’t—“

“IatethelasttwoslicesI’msorry” jessica admitted in a hurry with her eyes closed

“You wha--?! But there’s still two slices left in there! You ate them both?!” she can’t believe this, she was really looking forward to eating the delicious cake and stress-eat.

“I’m sorry!” jessica ran to their bedroom and closed it quickly.

“Oh hell no. Oh nonononono don’t you lock yourself in our bedroom, you coward! You’re paying for this, get back here!” she tries to turn the knob and open the door but jessica’s blocking it. “You didn’t even let me enjoy it how dare you, open the door! This is the ultimate betrayal!”

When the door opened, she saw jessica scurrying away and quickly hiding under the bed.

“Oh, are we really gonna do this right now?” she stands in the middle of the bedroom “Come on, you’re gonna face me like a grown-up individual! That cake was enough to cure all of my hormonal deficiencies and emotional distress I’m having right n—“ when she climbed up the bed, she peeked under and saw jessica’s walking feet, apparently escaping to the bathroom and when she sat up, she heard the bathroom door slamming.

“Did you just lock yourself in the bathroom?”

“I’m really sorry, taeyeon~!” jessica tried to apologize but she can’t help but quietly laugh at what’s happening

“Your apologies are heard on deaf ears!” she banged the bathroom door once “The very least you could have done was leave me a bite!”

“But I got very hungry and stressed too!”

“Nononono I’m not having any of your excuses! There were two slices left, TWO. SLICES. and that cake was really good!!” taeyeon started whining like a kid, not getting what she wanted.

“Stop whining, it’s just a cake”

“Maybe if you come out here and face me, LIKE AN ACTUAL ADULT, maybe I would stop whining! or maybe you could come out and buy me any other dessert that would replace the cake!”

“But I’m already in my pajamas!”

“You can’t tell me that, that’s not fair! I can still remember the times you forced me to buy ice cream in the middle of the night because you’re on your period! Atone for your sins and come out here! I’m gonna wait until you come out missy, because you’re gonna need to eat, eventually. Just like how you ate that cake, cake thief...” taeyeon started walking away to the kitchen to find a replacement for the cake

“What?” jessica tried to say while catching her breath after laughing too much

“Cake thief! Yeah that’s what I’ll call you!” taeyeon poked her head one more time at the bedroom door to yell at jessica “I know you can hear me perfectly clear on the other side of that bathroom door. CAKE. THIEF. You’re not gonna hear any baby, nor honey, nor sweetheart from me tonight, you cake thief! …the moment you step out of the bathroom, you’re cake thief”

She sulks while walking to the kitchen. As soon as she walked in, she saw from her peripherals finally the empty plate that used to have the cake, sitting alone in the counter near the microwave “God, I mean, you even cleaned up the plate! Did you the plate? What are you, a dog?”

While taeyeon’s ranting to herself, Jessica saw this as an opportunity to go out of the bathroom to at least get her sketches and try finishing it in the bathroom

“There’s not even crumbs that I can collec—“ there was a screech when jessica open the bathroom and taeyeon’s big ears didn’t miss it “Oh I heard that bathroom door open, I heard that bathroom door open! Get over here!”

Taeyeon ran fast to the bedroom and saw jessica by the bed. “No, wait!!” She chased her around the bedroom until jessica’s cornered on the bed and taeyeon pins her down while straddling her waist.

“You’re finally caught cake thief! You’re not escaping me!” she started tickling jessica “I’m gonna tickle the answers out of you! Why did you eat both slices!! How could you do this to me!”

“Sto..hp it! Yield, yield! I yi…eld, I YIELD!! Stop!” jessica tries to stop taeyeon in between her laughs and taeyeon stopped, sitting on her waist like a little kid, pouting

“You know that I have a sweet tooth!! Hng~ Why didn’t you leave me the last slice of cake? You could have left me at least just one bite! I thought you love me!” she whines again

“Wh- that’s not true, I mean, I think the taste still lingers on my lips, you can bite it if you want…” jessica tries to seduce taeyeon out of this

“Oh, no no no, don’t you even. Don’t sensualize this and say that the last bite is on your lips and blah blah blah we’re talking about CAKE here. You’ve committed a great atrocity in this relationship, so how are you gonna make up for it, huh?” said taeyeon while crossing her arms

“But I asked you to bake that cake so technically, it’s mine”

“Woah, yes you’re right, ME, MYSELF, and I baked that cake so technically, it’s MY cake. I only shared it with you because I love you”

“Wow, aren’t you the nicest person?”

“Yes, I am! And I had a very long day and I was thinking of coming home and stress-eating but you’ve denied me that—no don’t pout your lips and look at me with those big puppy eyes” jessica tries to make cute faces so taeyeon would let this slide

“I think I know a good punishment for you. You have to buy me the ingredients, right this instant, and I would bake the cake and I would keep it ALL TO MYSELF.” taeyeon proudly nods “No sharing to you, young lady.”

Jessica eye rolls at this “Pfft. Fine! Fine. I reluctantly agree”

“You reluctantly agr—? No no no, you were obviously not reluctant when you ate the last two slices, so I’m pretty sure that making it up to me by getting me the ingredients is not too much to ask for.”

“But it’s literally night time~ why would I go out in my pajamas??”

“Because you love me, that’s why” taeyeon shrugged and it’s jessica’s turn to whine

“Taeng, come on~ Let this slide just this once”

“Ugh, then just say this, repeat after me ‘Sweetheart, I’m sorry that I ate the last two slices of the cake, I’m going to get you the ingredients that you need in order to bake another cake, and I will let you have it all to yourself.’ say it. Come on, I’m waiting” she looks at jessica expectantly while tapping her fingers.

Jessica rolled her eyes again and sighed “Sweetheart, I’m sorry that I ate the last two slices of cake, I’m gonna get you the ingredients that you need in order to bake another cake, andIwillletyouhaveitalltoyourself.” she says in monotone “Happy?”

“There you go, although you didn’t say it as enthusiastically as I imagined you would, but I suppose I can let you off easy with that and maybe, just MAYBE, I’ll let you eat a tiny tiny bit slice because I love you”

“Gosh, it’s just a cake. And I’m really sorry”

“I know you’re sorry” taeyeon sighed and got off to sit beside her “Here, come on, get up. Just warn me next time, okay? You know I have sweet tooth and I’m always looking forward to eating sweet stuff to keep me sane” she pouts

“Fine~ so don’t sulk now, okay? You big puppy” jessica hugged her sideways and pouted her lips “kiss me”

“No” taeyeon turned her head away, pretending to be mad. Jessica let out a gasp and laughed at how unbelievable this is

“What?? Why not???” Taeyeon just shrugged “Oh my g—you are such a prick, you know that? Like, really? You don’t want to kiss me? And cuddle with me?” she then wrapped her arms and legs on taeyeon

“Nope, this is the worst. I’d rather do something else than this. I’d rather…I’d rather attend the red wedding than stay here and cuddle up. Yeah, that’s how bad I think this is”

“Wow, I am speechless kim taeyeon. But I don’t care, I’m gonna kiss you and kiss you and kiss you until your face is smudged with my already smudged lipstick” she started peppering taeyeon’s face with her kisses in which taeyeon laughs "Stop, that's gross...fine! Okay, okay" then pecked jessica's lips

“Geez taeyeon, you stressed me out. Anyways, I actually really need to finish my sketches, and… say, there are two ice cream pints we bought the other day, right? Can you get one? Thank you sweetie~”

Jessica pecked taeyeon’s cheek one more time and stood up to go to her working table but she saw taeyeon didn’t stand up from the bed.

“Taeyeon? My ice cream?”

No response. They looked at each other for a few more seconds.

“…….Oh no, you didn’t.”