Chapter 7- Silent Night

Love together, be with you never
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jennie did you reach yet?” It was 11’o clock at night, the sky was pitch black with no other sound other than the crickets that were softly chirping. 

 

“Lisa, it might take another 10 minutes, just wait I’ll be there”

 

“Jennie this is the second time your doing this” I said quite annoyed. It was getting awfully dark and the only things that were illuminating the place were the couple of street lamps near the sidewalk.

 

Now I wasn’t the one to get scared of the dark easily, but even a brave person can only take so much before they start hallucinating after being left in the dark alone. I just came from a friend’s party and asked I Jennie to pick me up near the old bus stand. I could have asked my driver to pick me up, my manager would be furious if she knew that I was at a friend’s place at this time at night. 

 

A soft breeze was making a tree gently sway back and forth. I checked my watch and it showed 11:05.

 

Still five more minutes.

 

I thought of calling Jennie again but then I heard the quiet footsteps of a person. He or she should have been just as scared as me because they were getting faster and faster probably running to reach home. 

 

I looked around to see where that person was, but all I saw was empty darkness and a car parked next to a tree. What was bothering me tho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter