Fight Me / Chaennie

Words are all I have (to take your heart away)

A/N Smol Chaennie story. Next one will probably be another Chaennie but its still in process.

--------

All Chaeyoung wants to do is go home, she’d been doing interviews all day plus training with very little sleep, she’s honestly running on fumes at this point. She isn’t even supposed to be working right now, at least not performing as she asked for a few days off to take care of her girlfriend who came down with a very bad cold a couple of days ago. But management wants to keep her in the spotlight somehow so if its not on the stage is outside of it and well this is why she’s running on one hour of sleep and tons of coffee.

It’s a little after 10:00 pm, and Chaeyoung knows she got home just in time for her girlfriend to take her medicine and probably eat as she’s 100% sure all Jennie did was sleep all day. Really it was all the brunette’s fault, she started feeling somewhat sick a few days ago but instead of taking care of it she just kept working because “Rosie, I don’t get sick I persevere in adversity.”  and now here she is coughing every 5 minutes, runny nose, sore throat having Chaeyoung taking care of her, because if her girlfriend doesn’t take care of her own damn self, then she will damn it!

Getting into their place, Chaeyoung removes her coat and shoes, she heads into the kitchen to grab the medicine and make some tea and toast for her girlfriend, while waiting for the water to boil she slowly stretches and softly yawns she was more tired than she originally though. After all is ready she slowly makes her way up to their room.

Only the bedside lamp is on, no doubt awaiting her return, she’s greeted with the sight of what she expected, at least three blankets covering a lump on the bed, some brunette curls peeking from the mountain of bed accessories, she slowly makes her way to the bed, placing the tea and toast on the side, she starts removing layer by layer, “Jen… baby I’m home” she calls quietly,”Come on babe time to eat”

A groan emanates from her girlfriend, then a small, muffled raspy “No” follows, fondly rolling her eyes, the blonde starts caressing Jennie’s cheek…

“Come on babe, you need to take your pills and eat since I’m sure you didn't, so come on, sit up” 

Another groan follows, the brunette frowns and opens one of her eyes, looking at Chaeyoung and then another raspy “No… fight me”

Releasing a soft laugh she starts, pushing the blankets further off Jennie’s body “I won’t fight you, baby. I know you will win you are very lucky when it comes to competition remember?” she continues by helping the older girl sit up, she really is stubborn even when sick and sleepy, and God is she beautiful even when frowning and annoyed but God is she breathtaking.

As she slowly wakes up is like a switch goes on and she starts coughing non-stop, immediately after Chaeyoung “mom” mode goes on, she removes the remaining blankets from Jennie’s body, “Jen, breathe… I know its hard baby but you need to do it okay” taking her hand and placing it on her heart she continues “Try to follow me ok… 1,2,3”

Slowy the coughs subside, and Chaeyoung reaches into the drawer besides the bed for the inhaler that was given to them by the doctor for this type of situations “There you go” she said rubbing the brunettes back slowly “Keep breathing baby… feeling better?” she asks, and the brunette only leans into Chaeyoung’s body resting her head on her shoulder.

“Fight me” she says her voice even raspier after the cough attack.

Chaeyoung grins. “Again I'm not gonna fight you because I know you’ll win.” she says smiling. It draws a small smile from her girlfriend, which is the best feeling in the world. Grabbing a the tea for the bedside table she says “Drink up”  Jennie fondly rolls her eyes but obeys.

After Jennie has finished her dinner, Chaeyoung changes into her pajamas and goes to lie beside her girl who has now fallen back to sleep, she knows getting sick or injured is hard for Jennie so the blonde reminds her constantly nobody is judging her for missing a few shows because they now that if there is one thing Jennie is, is relentless.

9 am rolls around and Chaeyoung is infinitely thankful she has no work today, reaching out to her side, she feels the other side cold and missing a body, she wakes up only to hear the shower running from their bathroom, and a cup of coffee on the bedside table with a flower, no doubt cut from their garden, and a small heart shaped post it note...

 “Fight me? <3”