Seduction Pt. 3 // Chaennie

Words are all I have (to take your heart away)

A/N I have a slight inkling this will go for long, I might change the name of this series and depending on how long this gets I might remove it from here and create a new story just for this. But we will see.

Enjoy!

----

It’s been a few weeks and things are going smoothly with Chaeyoung and Jennie, though if you ask Jennie seeing the blonde behave like a CEO in those suits, listening to way her voice changes while on the phone or with a client makes maintaining the professionalism very hard at the same time the blonde seems to be excellent a wooing people and Jennie’s heart melts everyday when the the CEO leaves her heart shaped post it notes on her desk, or when she sees her blushing after getting caught looking at the brunette.

 

It was weird that Jennie was starting to feel so much for the blonde so fast, it was exciting but it was also terrifying. They did work together at the end of the day and the last time she mixed feelings with work she ended up, cheated on, divorced and without a company, so yes Jennie was terrified but the thing is that everytime she was on the verge of setting some lines, building some walls the blonde just had a way of breaking them.

 

Right now the both of them were having lunch, perks of being the personal assistant of the person you are dating was that where she goes you go, so lunch, meetings, travels, Jennie had to be there for it all, Chaeyoung had take her to a low key but fancy italian restaurant, something the brunette has learned about the CEO is how much she loves food, the girl could eat alright and she became a happy puppy when eating something she likes making a little dance after her first bite, it was endearing and so unCEOish but Jennie is starting to realize that’s what she likes about the woman, she can be assertive, confident, act cool and collected but she could also be warm, gentle, loving, adorable. Jennie was in trouble.

 

The biggest thing Jennie has trouble with is not having her eyes locked on her, her “office” was outside Chaeyoung’s office, it was kind of an office within and office (Author here, picture the office setting similar to Touch Your Heart but like bigger and fancier.) They were separated by a door and a window so Jennie had a clear view of the blonde from her place, the blonde was not the only one who had been caught looking at her. LIke right now, Chaeyoung had ordered Jennie’s favorite and Jennie chuckled behind her menu at how the CEO puffed out her chest proud of choosing the right thing.

 

There she was billionaire CEO of a Fortune 500 company, number one in the list of Forbes 30 under 30, with her Gucci loafers, expensive YSL suit, looking all proud for simply being able to order her girlfriend’s favorite drink correctly. Woah… girlfriends? Are they girlfriends? How long should one wait before having that conversation? It’s been weeks is that enough? Should Jennie wait longer? Should she be the one ask? How do you approach that? There where so many questions that Je…

 

“Jen? You okay?”

 

The brunette snaps out of her inner spiral intp panic and looks up to see her (her?) CEO looking at her with concern.

 

Jennie clears . “Yeah, just got sidetracked for a second.” She tells her with a smile.

 

“Okay, cool, you got me worried there for a second.” The blonde says with a small smile. “I... I’ve been meaning to ask...your company… you mentioned in your resume you no longer have it, can I ask why?”

 

Jennie’s eyes look down to her plate for a second and to the wine glass by Chaeyoung’s hand, the painful reminder the company she worked so hard to build is no longer hers.

 

“Hey…” The blonde reaches out to place her hand on top of the brunette’s “You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to, we can just change the subject like…” The blonde looks around to find something to talk about. “The decor in this place is outstanding.” It really wasn’t but hey she needed a change of subject.

 

“No.. it’s fine.” Jennie reassures her. “I...My ex husband he… um.” Jennie paused and cleared . “We didn’t worked to well together in the end.”

 

“Oh… Is that why you left your company?”

 

“Yeah…” There was much more to that, but Jennie really didn’t want to get into it at the moment, she just wanted to move on.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“It’s fine it wasn’t your fault.” Jennie tells her.

 

“Yeah, but I asked and it made you sad and that is my fault.” The blonde tells her while pouting her right hand going across the table to hold hers, making Jennie’s heart flutter at the touch and the cute pout.

 

The silence is interrupted by a high pitched voice calling out Chaeyoung’s name from behind Jennie making the brunette’s blood run cold.

 

“Chaeyoung!”

 

A woman taller than Jennie, long brunette hair, former college and supposed friend, stands besides their table Jennie looks down and away hoping the other woman doesn’t recognize her.

 

“Krystal.” Chaeyoung greets her with a tight smile. Tight enough for Jennie to know the blonde was not a big fan of the woman either.

 

The woman looks down and sees the brunette looking down smirking at the view. “And Jennie too. What a small world…”

 

“Krystal.” Jennie greets equally as tightly looking up at the woman.

 

A shark like grin appears at the woman face as she looks back and forth the sitted pair. “So Jennie, how have you been?”

 

“Just peachy.”

 

“Really?” The woman asks raising an eyebrow. “Is unemployment treating you well?”

 

Jennie flinches and her face goes red with embarrassment, here was the woman who took a part in destroying her life shoving it in her face. If she was her old confident self she would be kicking this woman out of the restaurant herself, bringing her entitlement down a notch or two, but she’s not that Jennie anymore her confidence went down drain the moment her company was lost.

 

The blonde woman in front of her had her left hand in a fist, her eyes cold and collected clearly not liking the view in front of her, she lifts her right hand making a signal for the waiter to get the check, she’s about to stand up when the other woman decides to keep talking.

 

“I’d say pretty bad otherwise why would you be with Chaeyoung right now?”

 

“I’m not...·

 

“Actually, Krystal.” The blonde says as she stands up buttoning up her suit jacket, the brunette in front of her watches her and stands up too after receiving a subtle nod from the girl. “Mrs. Kim here is not unemployed.” She says with a smile, her facade cool and collected though. “She is the Chief Executive Personal Assistant at BP Corp.”

 

“What? There’s no way...”

 

“Seeing as I am, in fact, BP’s CEO I would know wouldn’t I?” The blonde says with a raised eyebrow. “We came here after a business meeting close by, shouldn’t you be with your husband right about now?” She asked knowing full well the woman only pretended to know about business, the only money leech in here was her. She’s only known the woman for two months and that was more than enough for her to know just what kind of person she was.

 

“Now if you excuse us, we have another meeting to get to.” With that Chaeyoung left some cash at the table and grabbed Jennie by the hand pulling her outside with her, as they waited for the valet to bring her car around she turn to the shorter brunette. “Are you okay?”

 

“You didn’t have to do that.” Jennie said, still somewhat embarrassed,

 

“Of course I did.” The blonde scuffed. “I’m not about to let other people insult my woman.”

 

Jennie looks up to her in surprise, because she said it right? ‘My woman’ and she said it so casually and so confidently. “Your...your woman?”

 

The blonde takes her eyes from the end of the street to the brunette, and once again the CEO facade was long gone. “I...uh.” She swallowed, looking down, fixing a non existent wrinkle on her jacket, the brunette forgetting all about Krystal and looking at her flustered puppy with amusement. “Figured since it’s been a few weeks and well I uh… I mean do you? Want to I mean?”

 

“Do I want to what?” Jennie asked curved into a smile.

 

“Um...be mine? I mean, not like mine, mine ‘cause you are not an object obviously, but like…”

 

Fireworks.

 

Fireworks are what both her and Jennie saw when the brunette interrupted her with a kiss, her right hand on her cheek, her left holding the lapel of her suit jacket.

 

Jennie pulled away just barely, lips barely touching, eyes still closed. “I’d like to be your woman very much.” She said her lips pressing against Chaeyoung one more time.

 

The blonde’s eyes twinkled and stretched into an eye blinding smile. “Okay. So it’s official then you are mine and I’m yours.”

 

Jennie’s heart fluttered at the sound of that, ‘I’m yours,’. The pair remains close together for another minute before Chaeyoung’s car arrive, the brunette let’s go of Chaeyoung and walks to her side of the car opening up her door, the blonde stood halfway there pouting.

 

“Aww, I wanted to open up the door for you.” She said and Jennie only grinned while getting inside the car.

 

“You don’t need to open up car door’s for me Chae, I’m your girlfriend not a princess.” She says once the blonde gets inside.

 

The blonde puts on her seatbelt and turns to look at the brunette with a sweet smile. “What if I want to treat you like a princess though?” She asked smiling cutely. “Can I do that?”

 

“I mean I’m not going to complain as long as you know you don’t have to.”

 

“Okay, then let’s get going princess.”

 

The car ride back to the office was quiet in the start until Chaeyoung had to pick up an urgent call from a client. Jennie bit her lip when the blonde placed a hand on her tight while she drove, the brunette taking it and intertwining their hands in a loose hold. Her own phone pinged and as she checked all the bad memories came back.

 

[Unknown]

 

Jennie. Heard you got a new job at BP Corp.

 

[Unknown]

 

How did you manage to get that job?

 

[Unknown]

 

I guess Miss Park was a big fan of your ‘assets’.

 

Jennie’s hold on the CEO’s hand got tighter as her jaw clenched. Staring at the phone, there was no need to have the number saved, there was only one person who always belittled her like that and he was the current owner of her company.

 

[Jennie]

 

you, Kai.

 

[Unknown]

 

Great to hear from you too.

 

[Unknown]

 

How does it feel? Going from CEO to assistant?

 

[Jennie]

 

None of your ing business.

 

[Unknown]

 

Your business is my business.

 

[Unknown]

 

Literally.

 

Jennie turns off her phone and throws it in her bag. Seeing Krystal and getting texts from Kai where a reminder of how much of an idiot she was, how she lost everything she worked so hard for in the blink of an eye.

 

“Hey, you okay?” The blonde asked her eyes looking briefly at her before going back to the road, ever since leaving the restaurant the brunette’s energy and mood seems to be down and that wasn’t something she like seeing. And the way the hold on her hand tightened after seeing her phone was and indicative something was wrong.

“Jennie?” She calls out again. “Um… you are squeezing my hand a bit to hard there.” She says pulling on her hand to get the brunette to loosen her hold a little. The movement snapping the brunette back into focus.

 

“Oh , I’m sorry.” The brunette loosens her grip but doesn’t let go instead bring the hand up to her lips for a peck.

 

“Everything okay?” She asks again.

 

Jennie turns to look at the blonde who’s eyes remain on the road yet looking very concerned. Not wanting to get into details… ejem, not ready to uncover that box yet, she puts on a brave smile. “Everything’s okay, just got an unpleasant text that’s all.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“It’s fine, Chae. I promise.”

 

“If you say so.”

 

The rest of ride was quite and calm. Jennie kept going back into her own thoughts, yes her luck had picked up recently, she has a girlfriend now who genuinely likes her who is so unlike her ex and that was a relief, and she finally has a job. Yet that was part of the problem wasn’t it? The fact that she got a job as an assistant, she went from being CEO to a PA, and her ex’s text were a bitter reminder of that.

 

When they get to the office, both of them walk side by side, Jennie holding on to her purse and Chaeyoung placed her hands on her pockets. Both knowing that the moment they stepped into the building it was all business, their relationship changing from girlfriends to CEO/PA. When they get to their office, Chaeyoung of course opens up the door letting Jennie walk in first the blonde girl winking quickly.

 

Stopping by Jennie’s desk the blonde looks at her Rolex. “I have a meeting at 3 that I’d like you to join in. I’ll be in my office until then in the meantime I need you to make a hotel reservation and book us some plane tickets, I had Nayeon send you the information for you to do so.”

 

“Hotel reservation?” Jennie’s asks from behind her desk. “Where are you going Miss Park?”

 

The blonde grins. “We are going to Paris, Miss Kim. I have a meeting there with a new potential client and as my PA I need you there.” She then walks to open her door turning to look at Jennie before walking in. “Hope you made no plans next week, Miss Kim.”

 

The brunette stays in her place flabbergasted and her surprise only increases when she gets the information from the secretary, Nayeon. “Etihad first class apartment? Apartment? Is an airplane seat why would you need an apartment?” She mumbled with a frown getting close to her screen as if to make sure she was reading right. “Eiffel View room at Shangri-LA Hotel, Paris.” The exhaled and leaned back on her seat. “Holy my girlfriend is rich!”

 

Smiling she shakes her head and proceed to make the reservations along with continuing some of her work. Jisoo will have a field day after hearing this. Before long 2:50 pm comes around so Jennie takes her tablet and phone placing it at the edge of her desk and then walks towards Chaeyoung’s office door and knocks on it.

 

“Come in.”

 

“Miss Park, is 10 minutes to three.” She tells her and the blonde looks quickly at her watch, closing her laptop and standing up. She walks to her door but she stops by the brunette’s hand pushing gently on her chest. She looks back and makes sure the door is closed before her hands brush against the blonde’s collar and fixes her tie which was crooked probably from the blonde pulling on it due to stress. “There now you are ready.” She says with a quick smile.

 

“Thanks.” The blonde says with a goofy smile. “Let’s go.”

 

Jennie follows Chaeyoung to the conference room where an taller, older man was waiting with Nayeon.

 

“Mr. Brown, hope you found everything okay.” Chaeyoung greets the man and Jennie still feels tingles at the way the blonde’s voice changes when in business mode, that combined with her australian accent… well it only made sense she wanted to jump her bones every single day.

 

“Your office decor is beautiful, Miss Park.” The man says. “May I ask who was in charge of it? My wife and I are looking to redecorate our house.”

 

The blonde smiles. “Yerihan Bang, the owner Yeri is a close friend of mine. I’ll have Nayeon send you the details.” She then offers the man a seat but not before introducing the brunette beside her. “Ah! Mr. Brown this is my PA Miss Jennie Kim.”

 

Jennie stand up straight and shows her most dazzling business smile extending her hand for the older man. “Nice to meet you, Mr. Brown.” The man smiles letting go of her hand and sitting down and just as Jennie’s about to do the same the man calls out to her again.

 

“Would you be a doll and bring me some coffee, please?” The man said with a wink and a sleazy smile.

 

Jennie frowns in surprise clearly taken aback by the request.

 

“Mr. Brown, Miss Kim is in here for another reason not to bring you coffee.” Chaeyoung said, the tone of her voice clearly showing she was not happy about his request. “I’d appreciate it if can please treat my employees with respect.”

“Well she is an assistant right? Is it not her job to bring coffee?”

 

Jennie frowns and turns to look at the blonde, who only nods at her as if letting her know she’s allowed to speak up if she needed it. Clearing and with all the confidence she can muster she speaks up. “With all due respect, Mr Brown, is not my job to bring you coffee as Miss Park explained my presence here is for a different reason.”

 

The man looks taken aback, brows furrowing in offence while the blonde at the head of the meeting table eyes her proudly.

 

“Why you little…”

 

“Nayeon, can you please get facilities to bring up a cup of coffee for Mr. Brown? Conference room 3A.” The blonde interrupts the man by pressing on the intercom button on the phone, eye the guy coldly. “Shall we get started?”

 

The meeting goes forward smoothly, with Jennie piping in here and there with a few ideas and always taking notes of the meeting. Chaeyoung asking her for her input every once in a while always showing her she was interested in hearing her ideas.

 

This was something Chaeyoung had told her when they first met she was going to be more than just her PA, giving her resume and her MBA she wanted Jennie to be there and told her she was interested in hearing her ideas. That meant more to Jennie than she could ever explain, she was being given a place, not because of her looks but because of her knowledge, she was not underestimated but actually felt like her ideas were heard by the taller blonde.

 

It made her heart’s doubt settle a little. Because the blonde was showing her that she was capable of being professional during work, if Jennie messed up, yes she would talk to her during work, but outside of it no word of it was mentioned, if they were at dinner and talked about their day Jennie was able to talk and complain about the amount of emails she received without worrying about what Chaeyoung might say, the blonde would just let her talk and she would listen. It was a nice change of pace and it only helped to highlight the big difference between Chaeyoung and Kai.

 

“Sorry about that, unfortunately there’s a lot of old people when it comes to electronic business with very old ideas”

 

“It’s okay, Miss Park, you don’t have to apologize for someone else.”

 

The blonde stops them as they walk to their offices, standing in the middle of the hallway, hands resting on her hips. “I just want you to know if any other client disrespects you have my permission to speak up.” She then places a hand on the brunette’s arm. “I mean it, Jennie, you have knowledge that is beneficial to this company just because you are my PA doesn’t mean you don’t get to talk.”

 

“Okay.” Jennie nods with a thankful smile. “I do have a question though.”

 

“Shoot.”

 

“France? May I know what we are doing there?”

 

The blonde nods as they keep walking. “Sure. There’s a new client there, there are a US based wine brand.” Jennie’s heart stops for a second. ”Our engineering team designed an smart wine aerator, so we are meeting with their CEO and team on their vineyard.”

 

“May I ask what company?”

 

‘Please don’t say Corvo Bianco, please don’t say Corvo Bianco.’ The brunette repeated in her mind because what are the chances that her company, the very same one she was looking into improving and optimizing the process of was the very same one Chaeyoung was talking about.

 

“Corvo Bianco.”

 

.

 

------------------------------------

 

“What am I going to do?” Jennie was twirling the brandy in her glass while sitting at the same bar where she met Chaeyoung.

 

“Well she does know you were married right?” Jisoo asked sitting across from her, playing with the condensation of her martini. She really wanted wine but well… wine was banned from being drinked in front of her best friend.

 

“Yes.” She answers, sitting up. “But she doesn’t what happened let alone that her future client is my ex husband.” The brunette then downs her drink slamming the glass on the table. “It’s going to be a nightmare.”

 

“Is she the jealous type”

 

Jennie shrugged. “I don’t know. I haven’t seen her jealous, I know she’s protective so really who knows what she would do if find outs about about Kai.”

 

Jisoo raised an eyebrow. “What do you mean if?” She shook her head at the gaze her friend was giving her, “Oh no, Jendukie, you are not keeping it from her. You have to tell her before you guys leave.” Jisoo crosses her arms and looks at her friend. “You have that look on your face, what did you do?”

 

Jennie looks away. “We kind of leave tomorrow..” She said quietly.

 

“What?”

 

“I’m sorry! Okay?! I just didn’t… don’t know how to handle it.” Jennie whined. “My ex and my current girlfriend who is also my boss are going to be in the same room together, with me, discussing business.” She rambles leaning forward on the table. “If I say nothing and Kai opens his mouth then Chae would find out from someone else but if I tell her before she could go into that meeting biased and potentially lose the business.” Jennie rambled, ordering another drink.

 

Jisoo raises her hand and does a cancelling motion on her neck towards the waiter. “Okay, listen to mi, Jendukie.” She says, holding her friend by the cheeks. “You are going to talk her, at the very least she needs to know that used to be your company and that Kai is your ex husband, she deserves to know that at least as both your girlfriend and your boss.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“So what are you going to do?”

 

“Tasdjfh.”

 

“Oh sorry. Your head’s free.”

 

“Talk to her.”

 

“There you go. Now let’s go home for your stuff, I’ll take you to Miss Hotshot afterwards.”