The Parks Pt. 3 / Chaennie

Words are all I have (to take your heart away)

A/N: Couple more snaps of our favorite family!

----------------

“Hey, Bug, I made your favorite for dinner. Dino nuggets and spaghetti.”

 

Today was a typical Tuesday night for The Parks, except that Chaeyoung was nowhere to be seen as she has held up in the studio due some last minute changes on the move script her production studio was working on. So today it was only Jennie and her two baby girls. Sophia was down for her nap while Jennie was preparing dinner.

 

She was about to go wake Sophia up as she called for her five year old except that said five year old was nowhere to be found.

 

“Olivia?” Jennie called out, confused as to why her daughter was not coming down for dinner as she usually did whenever dinosaurs and spaghetti were involved.

 

“Olivia?” She called out again with a frown.

 

Her heart rate increases a bit when she receives no response again, but before panicking she starts walking around the house looking for her daughter.

 

“I do not have time for games, Olivia Grace.”

 

She makes her way up to her daughters room. “Olivia.” She calls out heart spiking up again when there is no sight of her five year old. “What in the fu..?”

 

Okay so not in her room, the playroom is next aaand still nothing. Next up is the backyard, and Jennie is praying that she’s there otherwise she will have a heart attack.

 

“Olivia Grace Park you better be there.” She mumbled.

 

“Olivia!” She calls out as she steps out to the backyard.

 

“Hey Jennie. is everything okay?” Her neighbor, Irene, greets her from the other side of the fence.

 

“Oh yes, Hyun! Everything’s just fine over here, no worries!” Jennie replies with a polite smile.

 

“Alright, well let us know if we need anything, are we still on for Friday?” Irene asks, referring to their weekly girls night.

 

“Yep, Kids are staying with my mom and Chae is going out with the ‘boys’.” Jennie confirms back, the ‘boys’ as in Wendy, Seulgi, Minnie and Lisa the respective partners of Jennie’s friends. “See you on friday.!”

 

As soon as Jennie gets back into the house her polite smile disappears and takes a deep breath as she walks back up to search the room again. “Olivia Grace if you do not show your face I swear on the good lord's name that Chaeyoung believes in, that you can say goodbye to your dinosaur collection.”

 

She hears noises in the hallway closet and sprints to open the door, breath coming back to her and blood running through her veins again as she sees her five year old curled up below the shelves.

 

“Bug, what are you doing in the closet?”

 

“I was playing hide and seek.”

 

Jennie frowned. “With who?”

 

A moment.

 

“With myself.”

 

Jennie sighs. “You are lucky you came out cute, you nearly gave me a heart attack.”

 

“But did I win?”

 

“You won a time out.”

 

---------------------------------

 

Chaeyoung was cleaning the house. Usually Jennie did it while she helped with her guidance of course because her wife was very particular on how to clean the house, so whenever Chaeyoung helped, which was every weekend when they were both home, Jennie was always there to supervise her work.

 

But today though, today Jennie was nowhere in the vincinity. She was at, you guessed it, Target.

 

The blonde had already cleaned the bathrooms, changed the sheets, went to pick up her wife's favorite ice cream and wine, done with the kids room and now was in the middle of vacuuming the floors with Sophia strapped to her torso as she babbled away.

 

“Agaababobo.”

 

“I agree, monkey.”

 

“Babaguguaga.”

 

“Mhm, I know. Who knew mama could hit that hard.”

 

“Aga?”

 

“No, monkey is not lunch time yet.”

“Dadaboaga.”

 

“Yes, baby. Mommy and Mama still love each other, but mama is a bit angry with mommy right now.”

 

“Baba.”

 

“God If I know, baby. God if I know… Oh give me a sec, monkey.”

 

The blonde turns off the vacuum and places one hand behind Sophia’s head and pick up her phone with the other.

 

“Hello.”

 

“Pasta.”

 

“Chu.”

 

“What did you do to my best friend?”

 

“Nothing.” She answered quickly and defensively.

 

“Then why have I been on this Target for an hour following your wife?”

 

“Icheatedonher…”

 

“What?”

 

“I cheated on her.”

 

“WHAT?!”

 

“In her dream… again.”

 

“...”

 

“Chu?”

 

“I’m sorry I was wheezing with how hard I was laughing. Please elaborate.”

 

Chaeyoung sighs. “Well one moment I was asleep, and the other I was getting hit with a magazine and asked to leave the premises.”

 

“Wait, you also said again?”

 

“Oh yeah, this is the second time my dreamself has cheated on her.”

 

*Gasp*

“How could you?!”

 

“I don’t know! When will I ever learn my lesson right?”

 

--------------------------

 

You know what’s a good thing to start teaching your kids at a young age? Negotiation.

Oh yes, the wonderful art of negotiation, of working things out amicably.

 

Well…

 

Actually neither Jennier or Chaeyoung know if it was a good thing but apparently their kid has been born with a negotiation gene… Chaeyoung blames Jennie because how else would their kid unintentionally fall into negotiation situations with her parents? Even if said parents also unintentionally fall into that scenario too…

 

“Olivia, you need to go down for your nap.” Jennie said coming into her kids playroom.

 

“Nooo, fankyou.” The little blonde says, still playing with her barbies.

 

Jennie frowns at the audacity. “It wasn’t a question, I was telling you.”

 

“Noo.”

 

Jennie bites her tongue. “This isn’t an equal partnership.” She said, gesturing between them both. “I tell you what to do okay?”

 

“I’m not reawy tired.” Olivia said, with a face that said ‘What can you do right?’

 

Jennie sighs. “Can you please just go down for your nap.”

 

“Can I have something if I do?”

 

Jennie frowns again. “What are you a hostage negotiator?! I--you--” Jennie huffs then takes a deep breath. “Fine. You can have any candy you want from the candy drawer when you wake up, how about that?”

 

“All of it?!”

 

“No!” Jennie answers quickly. “Not all of it! You can have… two.”

 

“Five candies.”

 

Jennie sighs again. “Am I actually negotiating with--” She takes a deep breath again. “You can have three, three candies okay? Is that good enough for you?”

 

“OTAY!”

 

“Oh My God. Where did she learn that?”

 

Good question, Jennie. Where did she learn that?

 

Could it be… from your wife? You know the one with the lawyer gene...

 

That one time she rode in the back with Olivia as they exchanged candies?

 

“Livi. I gave you eight gummies and you gave me half a kinder surprise, do you understand the deal is not equivalent?”

 

“But--”

 

“I can’t give you more.”

 

“But I want--”

 

“The value of whatever merchandise you have left is not the same as what you are asking for.”

 

“But I want a lot of gummies.”

 

“Baby, I don’t even have a lot of gummies. I have two, that’s it, two.”

 

----------------------------------

 

Have I mentioned how much they flirt with each other?

 

How often that leads to something else?

 

Well… let me refresh your memory.

 

“Oh my gosh! Why you over there lookin’ like that…” Jennie gestures with her hand up and down her wife’s body as she bent down to pick up something from the floor as the brunette laid on their bed waiting for her to come back. “And I’m over here looking like a potato?!”

 

Chaeyoung turns around with a frown and a smile before a sleazy smirk takes over her features as she turns around, her pose showing off her a bit more. ‘Well, it's a good thing I like carbs.” She said with a wink.

 

Jennie laughed, showing off her full gummy smile. The smile her wife loved so much.

 

Chaeyoung walks to the couch with a goofy loving look and sits close to her wife, her arm goes around her shoulder as Jennie gets close and settles next to her.

 

“Hey, babe?” Jennie asks after a while, once she has calmed down from her laugh.

 

“Yes, love.”

“How did you know I was the one?”

 

Chaeyoung looks up as she thinks about it. “Um, one time in college before the whole baby gate happened. My mom asked me, if we were serious, and I said ‘I don’t know’ cause we had been dating for like two months at the time, and then she said, ‘Could you live a day without her?’”

 

“And what did you say?”

 

“Nothing, I said nothing. Because that was when I knew…”

 

“Baby…”

 

“Then she said, she knew it, she knew the moment I talked to her about seeing you again for the first time after high school, said my eyes were shining or whate….”

 

She gets interrupted by Jennie pulling her in for a sweet loving kiss. “I love you so much.”

 

“Me too.”

 

“And you know...what happened that night I will never regret it, you gave me a beautiful baby girl out of that first night together, and as much as my mind was telling me that I was giving everything up for a girl ,my heart… my heart just knew and it spoke louder than my mind, louder than my fear, and you, my love. You didn’t let me fall alone, you jumped with me.”

 

“And I’d do it all over again.”

 

Jennie looks at her wife’s face, the soft lips, her brown eyes, her nose, her jaw…

 

“Imma about to ruin the loving mood.” She whispered.

 

“Why?” The blonde asked, frowning.

 

“Because I need you to close the door, lock it and come back here and pound me.”

 

Chaeyoung blinks, feeling all of her blood rush to her baby maker. Hurriedly and almost falling, making her wife laugh yet again, she locks the door and then jumps on the bed, as she quickly pulls Jennie’s clothes off.

 

“Baby!” Jennie chuckled, assisting her wife.

 

“Can I leave another baby in there?”

 

“Ew, babe... But actually yes you can.”

 

“Yay!”