Won't You Write On Me / Chaelisa

Words are all I have (to take your heart away)

A/N: You guys the Queen Kim Taeyeon released her album and it went #1 on my country's itunes chart as it should be! We love a tiny human with the voice of God! Go stream Purpose if you haven't already!

Now on to the one shot, another re-write of mine this time it's Chaelisa's turn , besides Chaennie what paring would you want me to do next?

*Soulmate AU in which everything you write on your body appears on your soulmates body.

------------------------------

Chaeyoung was asking herself if Aries and Aquarius were compatible signs, and then she tried to convince herself to think that it didn’t matter if they were or not because she knew they were, they had to be, though in all honestly she was trying not think about the possibility that her best friend was not her soulmate, when she noticed the tiny stain in her arm.

A snowflake.

That was the drawing, a very poorly drawn snowflake was now in her arm.

“Chaeyoung, class starts in 15 minutes, you ready to go?” A voice interrupted her musings. 

Kim Jisoo. Theatre major.

Another of her best friends and roommate, her arm was usually filled with lyrics or music notes, what with her soulmate being Jennie, she was riddled with music related writings. She’s seen first hand how Jisoo had to scold Jennie for writing on her arm before one of her theatre evaluations, but she had also seen the effects of something as simple as a ‘good luck’ written in her friend’s arm could do.

“Sure, let’s go”  She said getting up from her seat on the cafeteria and stood up putting on her hoodie and grabbing her things

Walking down the hallways of the building she looked around to see if there was anyone with a poorly drawn snowflake on their arm, but no luck. She didn’t know whether to feel relieved or stressed, the possibility of her soulmate being someone entirely different from who she’d like it to be was too much and she’d rather forget about it before going into panic mode.

She looked to her right were Joy and Wendy were talking, both had little hearts drawing on their arms, the result of Joy getting bored, she was sure,  put her in the same room as Wendy and it was a guarantee she’d become the heart eyes emoji.

Then by one of the benches near the cafeteria were the schools seniors and probably the most popular couple among the music major students, Taeyeon and Tiffany, the latter was smiling as a probably very cheesy pick up line appeared on her arm, Taeyeon writing on her own arm with a sharpie right next to her. 

“Are you ok?” Asked Jisoo. “You looked like you’ve seen a ghost when I saw you.” 

Chaeyoung took a deep breath as she kept looking around to other college students, still trying , but not really, to find the culprit behind the God awful drawing on her arm, she’ll have to talk to her soulmate about that, perhaps convince them to go to drawing classes or maybe just let them know writing would be fine, but no drawings.

“God has any everyone here found their soulmate but me?” She asked, as she could see Irene smiling at her arm. 

“Okay, don’t change the subject, what is going on?” Insisted Jisoo, she knew her friend and she knew that as much as she’d like to pretend to be ok about not finding her soulmate, she was actually afraid of never finding them.  That and she was afraid of what would happen should her soulmate not be a certain thai exchange student.

Chaeyoung sighed. “This happened.” She said as she showed her arm to the brunette.

“Oh! you finally found them?!” She asked excitedly.

“No! I mean the drawing finally appeared yes, but I don’t know who it is yet.” 

“And how do you feel about knowing you do have a soulmate.”

Chaeyoung took a deep breath gathering her thoughts. “I don’t know.” She said quietly. “It’s like deep down I didn’t want to know I have one, because that meant one day me and Lisa could actually be a thing you know?” She continued, sitting on a bench next to their classroom while waiting for their turn to be evaluated individually. 

“It’s delusional I know.” She said releasing a breath, “But now that I do have a soulmate, I feel excited? And scared?” 

“It’s not delusional to wish for something you know?” Said Jisoo, placing her hand on the blonde’s arm. “And who’s to say Lisa isn’t your soulmate, I haven’t seen her around today or have you? For all you know she could’ve been the one to draw that thing on her arm.”  Chaeyoung could only nod pensively.

Jisoo sighed, she sat next to Chaeyoung on the bench and placed her arm around her. “And even if she’s not, I can guarantee that girl will not stop being your friend, she will go to the ends of the earth to be in your life in one way or another.” She said trying to console her friend. 

They sat in silence for the remaining of their free time before they had to go in for the exam, before something caught the brunette’s eyes causing her to get up quickly in surprise.

“Chaeyoung.” She said, pointing at the classroom on the other side of theirs, a big window giving them a glimpse of the dance majors practice.

Chaeyoung got up and walked closer to the window her eyes widening. “Oh my God.”

----------------------------------

Lisa was sitting at catering enjoying her fruit, thinking about what to give Chaeyoung for her birthday, she wondered if another sketchbook would be good enough or if maybe she should get her something else, she already gave her a ring last year so maybe a matching necklace could be good?

And if she finally got the ovaries to do it, she’d ask her out for a date. She hadn’t find her soulmate yet and she knew Chaeyoung hadn’t either, somehow she had hopes that they’d be each other’s soulmates, she knew it, something deep in her heart told her that had to be case. Either it was that or she was simply way to deep in love with her friend to face any other possibility.

“Okay, Lisa, It’s time for you to get your ovaries together and find your soulmate.” A black sharpie was slammed on the table in front of her, Seulgi taking a seat beside her on the desk with a grin on her face.

“What?” She asks surprised.

“You said if I turned out to be right about who my soulmate is you’d finally take the plunge and find yours.” She said excitedly.”Well it’s been a week, since I found mine and I was right about Irene being it, so now it’s your turn, and what a better way to start than with a nice drawing on your arm.” She continued pushing the sharpie towards Lisa.

“Right I did say that.” Said Lisa nervously, never one to go back from her word she grabs the sharpie and removes the tap.

The thai girl stared at her arm, chewing on her bottom lip nervously, the sharpie hovering over it, as she thought. If she was right and the universe was kind to her, she already knew who her soulmate was. But after several years of living with the doubt she was determined to find out who they were and if she was right. She thought of something of significance to her and the blonde because if she was right, her soulmate would know right a way who she was and hopefully respond with something equally as significant.

3 years ago

Lisa’s sitting down on a bench in the park. She liked being outside when she wrote in her journal, specially on days like today, about to have her first evaluations after moving here from Thailand, she needed to vent. Her hair is tucked under a beanie and the amount of snowflakes on top of it indicates that she's been there for quite a while. 

 Her head snaps slightly to the side by the sound of light feet approaching her. She doesn't look up, just listens.

"You’ve been here for a while, everything okay?" A brunette woman asks, her voice a welcome interruption as she sits down next to her.

Lisa leaves her notebook and pen aside and turns to look at the brunette with a teasing grin. “Why? You miss me?” 

Chaeyoung only blushes and scuffs offended. “God you are so annoying, you know what? Never mind, feel free to wallow in your misery by yourself.”

Lisa only laughs. “I’m kidding, Chaeyoungie.” She said nudging her teasingly.

Chaeyoung scuffs again but says nothing. Leaving the both of them in silence, Lisa turns to look at the street, the people passing by, simply enjoying the moment. Chaeyoung on the the other hand turns to look at Lisa, looking at her profile, her defined jawline, her nose, the snowflakes in her eyelashes, in her long hair. She was beautiful, they’ve only been friends for six months meeting due to common friends, and although she did find the brunette incredibly annoying at first  she has seen another side of her, she could be funny and kind… Chaeyoung shakes her head before she could go down a spiral of unresolved feelings. And she gets up from the bench and simply says “If you need anything you can call me whenever.” And walks away.

“Wait, I don’t have your phone number.” 

“You do.” She says turning around and pointing at Lisa’s notebook.

As the brunette looks down she see right at the corner of the page a small snowflake drawing, with a phone number beside it, the words ‘Anytime x’ following them. Lisa only smiled and turned to look at the retreating figure.

And that’s how Lisa ends with a poorly drawn snowflake on her arm dark brown eyes continued to stare at her wrist as she waited for the reply from her soulmate. 

No response.

Unfortunately before she could feel bad about it she was called in for her dance evaluation.

Guess finding her soulmate would have to wait.

-----------

Chaeyoung was staring intently at the window with a smile on her face. There she was, her arm raised above her head, clearly showing a poorly drawn snowflake to the whole world.  Her best friend, her soulmate.

She felt incredibly happy and also incredibly stupid for not putting two and two together with the God awful snowflake, she needed to find a sharpie asap to answer back. 

“We need to talk.” Said Chaeyoung seriously as soon as Lisa got out of her class. “Wait for me.” She said walking into her class afterwards. 

Lisa only can only stare at Chaeyoung in shock, she knew what the blonde girl wanted to talk about, she turned to look at her arm and sighed, pulling down her flannel shirt sleeve to cover her drawing, guess she might’ve been wrong about her soulmate.

After 15 minutes that felt like 8 hours Chaeyoung walks back from her evaluation and immediately pulls Lisa towards the now empty dance studio. Walking in Lisa sat down in one of the benches, facing the blonde. After a solid minute they lock eyes and the blonde moved to sit next to Lisa. 

“Don’t say anything.” Chaeyoung says, pulling Lisa’s sleeve up her arm again and softly traced the snowflake on her arm. 

“What are you doing?” The brunette asked, unable to hide the confusion that was evident in her tone. The blonde rolling up her own sleeve from the opposite arm of where Lisa’s drawing was and pulled out a sharpie from her bag. The blonde marking her own arm with the black marker, soft brown eyes finding the dark brown ones of the brunette afterwards. 

“Read it.” Said the blonde a small grin plastered on her face. Lisa reached out to grab the blonde’s arm when the latter pull it away, shaking her head. “Your arm.”

Lisa tore her eyes away from the blonde girl. Her eyes widen slightly as she reads the words on her arm. ‘Anytime x.’ It was one word, but it said more than a thousand words could. Everything clicked in that moment. 

“You’re my soulmate?” She asked, her voice barely above a whisper she looked over at her soulmate who just had a soft smile on her face. “Chaeyoung Park is bound to me, huh, who would’ve thunk?” Said Lisa teasingly with a smile on her face as well.

“God you are so annoying.” responded the blonde with the fondest tone, rolling her eyes.

“It’s a pity I’m that annoying, because you are going to have to spend the rest of your life with me” she doesn’t get an answer from the blonde. What she does get is a whole lot better than any answer could be. 

The blonde’s lips meet Lisa’s.Their lips seemed to fit perfectly together as Lisa goes to deepen the kiss. Chaeyoung’s hand goes to her soulmate’s neck, pulling her closer than before, while the brunette’s wrap around the blonde’s waist. When they pull away they rest their foreheads together enjoying the closeness. 

“I can’t think of nothing I’d like more than that, soulmate.”