Seduction Pt. 9 End // Chaennie

Words are all I have (to take your heart away)

A/N: Ice Cream is coming! How we all feeling? I for one cannot believe we have seen more of the pinks in this past two months than we did in the last year and a half.

Having said that here's the last part of this unplanned story. Though I think I can still take an epilogue out of me for this. So keep a look out for that I guess!

--------------

“Jennie.” Her voice was tight, gravelly. And her heart felt like it was being squeezed in a vice. Her palms felt sweaty, shaky… she felt glad and terrified at the same time.

 

“Hi.” Jennie said carefully, stepping onto the patio. 

 

“What are you doing here?” 

 

“My boss went MIA out of nowhere, I got worried.” Jennie said, trying to sound casual. “Also I kinda figured it out and Lisa gave me the key.” 

 

Her expression said it all, it was clear as day. She knew… and that made Chaeyoung even more terrified.

 

“Also I called.” She said, her hands fidgeting. “Um… Hyeri told me. Chaeyoung I…”

 

“Don’t” Chaeyoung answered, holding out her hand. “Don’t say you understand. Don’t say you’re sorry.” 

 

“I wasn’t going to say that.” She said softly, her hands kneading together. She kept taking steps closer, she could see the blonde taking a couple of steps back until her back hit the wooden railing, her eyes glassy and when she ducked her head as the tears broke so did her flimsy facade of composure.

 

That was enough for Jennie to walk over quicker, she was prepared to be pushed away but she made a decision to come here and take care of her, regardless of her reaction. Hyeri said Chaeyoung needed her, and Jennie chose to believe her, because the truth was Jennie needed her too.

 

This was about more than taking her care of her, more than making love to her, even more than saving her from her own self. Jennie wanted to be with her because she’d taken her heart and held it hostage. So no matter what she was not going anywhere.

 

“Rosie?” Jennie whispered, touching her arm. 

 

Chaeyoung falls to her knees and Jennie hurries after her and holds her. 

 

“Rosie, I’m here. I’m right here.”

 

The blonde settles down in her arms after struggling a bit. “I’m tired, Jen. I’m so tired, I just want the memories to go away.” She sobs and Jennie feels her heart break at the CEO sounding so broken. But she has her, and tells her again softly that she’s right here and not going anywhere.

“I know, baby.” She whispers, caressing her back. “I know, but I’m here, okay? We’ll get through this together.” 

 

Chaeyoung closes her eyes and the tears continue to stroll down her cheeks. She’s just so tired of it, of having the constant shadow of her father following her, the constant guilt of her mom’s passing on her shoulder, her father’s cold disapproving voice on her shoulder and she’s so tired of having to ignore it and pretend she’s fine, when she’s not, she’s not fine at all and it’s starting to take a toll on her life.

 

‘If there’s one thing that’s keeping me together...it would be Jennie. I was quick to run away because everything happening just reminded me so much of what happened… but it shouldn’t be that way should it?”

 

It has been an hour since Jennie left Chaeyoung sleeping in her bedroom.  She helped her change to a more comfortable shirt and parted with a kiss to her forehead as the blonde cried herself to sleep. The blonde didn’t say a word the entire time. It was clear that everything that the CEO had been keeping inside was taking a toll on her, it seemed like the girl had had more than enough of it. According to Lisa this type of behaviour from Chaeyoung was somewhat normal, meaning it happened for certain periods of time and that worried the brunette.

 

As the CEO slept Jennie made herself busy, cleaning up the living room, calling Lisa and telling her Chaeyoung was okay, cooking up some food for the blonde since the only hint of her eating anything was a small container of chinese food on the kitchen counter and Jennie knew that was in no way enough for her golden retriever of a girlfriend to eat. Depressed or not she needed to have some good food in her so she would make sure to keep her fed. 

 

Afterwards she made her way back up stairs just to quickly check on the still sleeping girl once she made sure everything was okay she made her way to her temporary office. If this was the new home base of BP Industries, so be it. She wasn’t going anywhere.

 

----------------------

 

Jennie stretched her back and twisted in the hard oak chair. Her was numb from sitting and her eyes tired from staring at the computer for so long. After getting into her boss’s computer she checked the CEO’s emails, throwing out the correspondence, and checking those that required immediate attention and a few requiring a bit of corporate -kissing.

 

Her stomach rumbled and she glanced at the clock surprised to see it was after nine. She’d been here for hours. With a deep tired breath she stood up and made her way to the kitchen she turn on the stove to reheat the soup she made and starting making some tea for Chaeyoung, she wanted to let her sleep but it’s been a few hours so she thinks it’s time to wake her up for some food, if the blonde wanted to talk as well they would but if not Jennie could wait until tomorrow. It’s not like she was leaving anytime soon.

 

To her surprise when she went into the room she found Chaeyoung still on her side of the bed awake, sitting up simply staring at the already fading bruises on her knuckle she got from punching Kai. 

 

“Rosie?” Jennie called out softly.

 

“My father used to lose his temper a lot.” The blonde said, still looking at her hand. 

 

Instead of responding Jennie walked over and as she sat besides her she took her hand gently placing it on her lap. “You didn’t lose your temper, you were defending me, there’s a difference.” 

 

“But I…”

 

“Shhh…” Jennie placed her finger on the blonde’s mouth effectively shutting her. “We’ll talk more later, right now I want you to eat.”

 

“I’m not hungry.” The blonde said while Jennie frowned in concern.

 

“Please eat something, even if it’s just a little?” Jennie asked. “Just try please?”

 

The blonde looked at her briefly and sighed before nodding in reluctance. “Okay.”

 

“Good.” Jennie said happily. “Do you want to take a shower while I get things ready?

 

Chaeyoung frowns lightly and looks down at herself, eyeing her dark pants and pink pajama top.  “Is that your subtle way of telling me I stink?” 

 

It wasn’t much, but it made Jennie smile. It was the first joke her CEO had made in a while and it eased her worries a bit, it meant she was trying and that Jennie was welcome to stay here. 

 

“I mean, a little.” The brunette responded with a little grimace. 

 

The blonde chuckled. “Fine.”

 

“Good.’ She tells her kissing the top of her head lovingly. “Come down when you are ready okay?”

 

“Thanks, Jen.” 

 

“No need, that’s what I’m here for.” 

 

----------------------- 

 

“What’s going on?” 

 

Jennie looked up from as she set their food onto the table. The blonde freshly showered with a new pair of pants and a comfy hoodie stepped past her and strode into the kitchen where her laptop sat open. The brunette decided to keep working while waiting for Chaeyoung to get ready.

 

“You haven’t checked your email all week.”  

 

Chaeyoung frowned as she closed the laptop. “And you thought you’d take it upon yourself?”

 

Jennie could bring up the fact she’d all but abandoned her business for a week. Or she could bring up the profits lost on two clients who retracted their business because they hadn’t heard back from Chaeyoung. “I was bored.” She said, shrugging. “I was just letting everyone know you’d be back at a later time.”

 

“You should've told me.”

 

“Well I did try calling.”

 

Chaeyoung looked down and nodded. “Right.”

 

As Jennie served them their drinks and sat down she continued. “I also managed to close new accounts.”

 

The blonde walked over and sat down in front of her. “You closed new accounts?”

 

“Three of them.”

 

“Wow.”

 

The pride on her eyes had her pulling back her shoulders and smiling. This is what she wanted, she wanted Chaeyoung to realize that she could trust her, rely on her when she needed time away. She had given up once before but not this time, she was not going to give up on her job or on the woman in charge of it.

 

Dinner went by without much conversation afterward. Chaeyoung ate more than half the plate which was more than enough for Jennie, they were now sitting on the deck with a cup of tea on each of their hands. Chaeyoung kept looking at the sunset and listening to the waves crashing on the shore. Jennie switched her gaze between the sea and the blonde next to her,  waiting patiently until she was ready.

 

“You know Jisoo wanted to send her goons after you.” Jennie said disrupting the silence.

 

The blonde chuckled. “She did.”

 

“Oh?”

 

“She sent Lisa.”

 

“Ah.”

 

“Well technically she sent a voice memo with Lisa she had...uh… a lot of interesting things to say. Who knew there were so many ways of cutting someone’s balls off.” 

 

“Oh my God. I’m so so…”

 

“It’s fine, I deserve it.” 

 

Jennie frowned. “No you don’t.” She said softly, taking a hold of her hand.

 

“Why do you do that?”

 

“What?”

 

“You love me like I’m the person who actually deserves your love.” 

 

“Because you do, Rosie.” Jennie said matter of factly. “You do.” She repeated when the blonde tried to refute her. “Yes you are not perfect but I'm not either that doesn’t make you or me any less deserving of being loved.”

 

Chaeyoung simply nodded and looked down at their hands. Most of her life she felt like she had to work to gain people’s love, to help them. Is it possible that someone could love her without any conditions? 

 

“I think I was ten when the news came out.” She said suddenly. “I still remember the look on my mother’s face after it happened. I remember the look on her face everytime she went to pick up to school and someone would say something to her, I remember how she slowly started fading away from the mom I knew to a shell of what she once was.”

 

Chaeyoung wasn’t looking at her, but Jennie was listening and holding her hand showing her that she was there, supporting her. 

 

“I wasn’t with my friends the night of the accident.” She then said. “I was watching my father come out of his other house with another woman. I had found a note from his assistant on one of his files, I suspected it already but I wanted to be sure. After I confirmed it I got drunk off my , because I was angry and started throwing rocks at his windows as a neighbour saw me and...” She shrugged .”You know the rest.” 

 

“Oh Rosie, you were just a kid.” 

 

“No you don’t get it, Mom… she needed my help and if I hadn’t been such an idiot she would’ve been fine she would’ve…”

 

“Still been high.” Jennie interrupted. “Chaeyoungie, your mom was her own person, she made her own choices, she chose to go after you that night despite her condition, you needed answers and you dealt with things the best way you knew how at the time, nobody faults you for that.”

 

“My dad did… constantly.” Chaeyoung said with a sigh. “After that night I remember he talked to me, told me he was a Park, a powerful man and powerful men like him could do what he wanted with who he wanted…” She chuckled bitterly. “Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if I had a brother or sister somewhere in the world.” She rolled her eyes. “He always treated my mom like dirt and after the accident it was like she didn’t exist, like I was nothing more than an incompetent employee to him.” 

 

“Please talk to me about it.” Jennie told her as she could see the blonde’s eyes tearing up, her voice contraning and yet she sounded like there was much more she wanted to say, much more she was keeping.  “Holding everything in doesn’t help, you know.” 

 

“I just… I hated him so much and yet always craved his approval for his love…” Her voice cracked, her jaw tightened. “Always took everything he said, everything he did because I thought that would make him love me. And mom, mom never said anything she watched it all, knew it all and yet… nothing, she left before she even physically died. I was all alone and I dealt with it the best way I could.” She then turned to Jennie with the most heartbreaking expression she had ever seen. “I did, I swear… I didn’t mean to leave her that day I just…”

 

“Hey, hey, shh, it’s okay.” Jennie hurriedly said, sitting closer. Her free hand ran through the blonde’s hair while her other one let go of Chaeyoung’s hand and wiped her tears away with her thumb. “You didn’t know what to do, it wasn’t your fault okay?” She then took Chaeyoung’s face between her hands making sure the blonde looked at her as she spoke with all the determination she could muster. “You’re never going to suffer by yourself again, I promise, let me share this burden with you, let me help you lighten the hold.”

 

“I just... “ The blonde paused and while looking at Jennie’s eyes it was like the wall broke and it all came out. “Why didn’t he love me? Why wasn’t I enough? What was so wrong with me?”

 

“Nothing’s wrong with you.” Jennie refuted. And God how does she hate a man she has never met and will never meet. 

 

“I don’t want to feel this way anymore.” The blonde said brokenly, her face hidden in Jennie’s shoulder, her arms around her waist holding on to her shirt tightly as if she didn’t want to let go. But Jennie won’t let go, she will never let go.

 

“I know, baby. I know.”

 

------------------------------ 

 

The night passes without much problems after that. Chaeyoung went to sleep shortly after at the insistence of Jennie as she could tell the girl was emotionally exhausted. The CEO wanted to keep talking but the brunette could see she was barely keeping her eyes open, so after reassuring her she wasn’t leaving the blonde went to sleep with Jennie by her side, carefully watching her.

 

The next morning she wakes up by the phone pinging.

 

“You or me?” Chaeyoung asked groggily knowing Jennie had charged her phone last night.

 

“Sounds like mine.” She said rolling over to get her phone. “How are you feeling?” She then asked before checking the message.

 

“My eyes hurt and I have a headache but suppose that’s normal after crying so much.”

 

Jennie pouted and lovingly caressed the blonde’s cheek. She then took her phone with both hands and unblocked it. “Ugh…” She complained. 

 

“What is it?” 

 

“It 's Kai.” She said honestly. Watching as the blonde’s face fell. Of course just when things started getting better reality had to show its ugly face.  “Don’t worry. I’m dealing with it.”

 

[Unknown 09:12 a.m.]

 

You’re going to regret ever messing with me.

 

Just then another ping is heard, This time it’s Chaeyoung’s phone. Jennie sits up and faces her. The CEO scrolls idly through her phone, reading her new message, when her eyes suddenly go wide.

 

“Rosie?”

 

No answer.

 

“Rosie what’s wrong?”

 

Chaeyoung looks at her. “It’s uh… it’s Kai.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Its…” Chaeyoung pauses as she shakes her head. “Uh… I'm sure it's nothing.

 

‘Nothing my .’

 

“Show me.”

 

“Jennie.”

 

“Chaeyoung, you promised to be honest with me, so show me.” She said again, extending her hand. And Chaeyoung knew her girl… ex girlfriend well enough to know that tone meant there was no room for denial here.

 

Reluctantly the blonde sighed and gave Jennie her phone whose eyes went equally as wide when she saw the email. 

 

[From: [email protected]

 To: [email protected]

 Subject: Don’t mess with me

 

 You want to keep your precious reputation intact?

 

]

 

Opening the attachment Jennie gasped. They were screenshots from her and Chaeyoung. From all the flirting they have done in their personal emails. Photos of them on dates. This guy had someone follow them and spy on them for months. Jennie could feel her blood boiling in rage.

 

“That good for nothing son of a…” Jennie stops looking at the blonde. “Chae? Talk to me.”

 

The blonde stands up and paces furiously biting at her lip. Jennie watches as Chaeyoung stops abruptly to look at her with a guilty expression in her face.

 

“Oh no.” Jennie started shaking her head. “I know that face you are not about to push me away again! This is our fight Chaeyoung remember? Ours!”

 

“I’m not!” The blonde snapped. “I promise I’m not. I told you I was not going to let Kai win and I promise I’m not pushing you away again…”

 

“Then what is it?”

 

“I really don’t think you are gonna like this part.”

 

“Why?” Jennie narrowed her eyes.

 

“Because you need to leave.”

 

“What?!”

 

-------------------------

 

“I promise I’ll talk to you from now on Jennie.”

 

“I promise I trust you, Jennie.”

 

Jennie mocked each and every sentence Chaeyoung had told her  yesterday as she walked towards the meeting room at BP.  She walked quickly and annoyed, The blonde said she trusted her yet she only told her to leave with a promise to text her later, which...okay she did, but still it was frustrating as and if Lisa hadn’t already snapped some sense into the blonde prior to Jennie seeing her, the brunette probably would have done so.

 

“I drove my all the way to the Hamptons only for her to tell me to leave the day after. I made her food and this is how she repays me.” Jennie keeps talking to herself. “Stupid handsome, stubborn chaebol.” 

 

As she got to the meeting room door she quickly checked her phone and then placed it back on her blazer pocket it was time to end this once and for all. And if she needed to deal with her ex on her own then she will.

 

“Jennie. Why did you call me here again?”

 

“Oh just a friendly chat.”

 

Kai lifts an eyebrow. “A friendly chat huh?”

 

“Yes, so let’s go straight to the point shall we?” She said with a fake smile. “What’s up with the blackmail?”

 

“Blackmail?” Kai asked with a smirk. “Oh you mean the cute photos of you and your damaged girlfriend.”

 

Jennie’s jaw tightened. “So you admit you have been blackmailing us?”

 

“Blackmail, extortion. What would you like me to call it? A good old-fashioned threat between friends.” 

 

“Why?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Why? Why are you doing this?”

 

“Um.. I don’t know, I was bored really, I needed a bit of fun.” Kai said looking away as if he was already done with the conversation.

 

“I think there’s more to it.” 

 

“Oh yeah?” Kai asked, turning her gaze back to her. “And why would that be? Tell me why I’m really here, Jennie. To talk about how you’ve botched your new job?” He leaned forward on the desk with a chuckle. “You’ve ed your boss, you’ve ruined her reputation. What 's next?”

 

“Her reputation isn’t ruined.”

 

“Well not yet anyways. Because I haven’t pulled the trigger.”

 

Jennie was the one to lean forward this time. “And why’s that, Kai? What are you waiting for?” She asked, the man in front of her staring impassively at her. “Go on, then. Call the press. Send the photos of our emails around. Go ahead.” She bluffed and praised to heaven above that he wouldn’t call her on it.

 

Both of them stare at each other in a stand of until Kai spoke upt. “You want to know something, Jennie.” His eyes softened up, his hand going across the table to hold Jennie’s, in his. “I really love, you know. Those years we were married? They meant so much to me.”

 

Jennie stared at him and then at his hands. Once upon a time she would’ve fallen for it, but not anymore because this time she can’t help but compare his eyes with Chaeyoung’s  soft brown ones, his hold was firm and almost forced, his hand too big when Chaeyoung seemed like it was made specifically to match hers. 

 

“Are you ing kidding me?” She asked, taking her hands away. “You are ing liar, Kai, and a coward.” 

 

The man's eyes go from soft to cruel, Back to the man he always has been. “And you are stupid girl who doesn’t know a damn thing about business. Your only business move is opening your legs for your boss!”

 

Oh that’s it. That is IT.

 

Jennie rears her hand back and with as much strength as she can muster slaps him across the face. His head swings to the side as the palm of her hand smacks against his cheek.

 

He turns to look at her as his hand rubs at his cheek with a cruel smile. “Is that all you got?”

 

Jennie laughs. “Oh sweetheart. I have so much more from where that came from.”

 

“Hit me again!” He demands. “Go ahead, I’d love to tell my lawyers.”

 

“Really? You are gonna run to your lawyers? And tell them what? That your ex-wife just slapped you across the face? Then what are you going to run to mommy to?” 

 

Kai was fuming. “Admit it you have nothing! You can’t prove that I’ve been stealing wine. You can’t prove any of it! You are done, Jennie. Finished. I win.” 

 

“What did you win?” 

 

Both Jennie and Kai turn to the door surprised. Right there standing in a shining YSL suit, Omega watch, Armani tie and Gucci loafers was Roseanne Park, CEO and current… ejem… hopefully Jennie’s soon to be girlfriend, standing in the doorway.

 

She marches inside like a general, flanked by her lawyers.  Jennie watches her and notices how her shoulders fill her suit perfectly. She looks intimidating and more gorgeous than ever.

 

“Miss Kim.” She nodded. “Sorry I’m late, did I miss anything?”

 

“What are you doing here?” Kai asked his voice filled with barely contained anger.

 

“Well this is a business meeting, no? And this is my business.” She said calmly and then turned back to Jennie. “Miss Kim, mind putting up to speed just the highlights please.”

 

“Well, It’s been swell, fantastic even.” Jennie says professionally. “We have already gotten into specifics.”

 

“Ah, right. Specifics. Mr. Jongin would you like to start?” The blonde said ing her blazer and sitting down. 

 

“I’m not the one who called the meeting.” He said.

 

“I see. Miss Kim then?” 

 

“Well you see, Miss Park we have arrived at somewhat of an impasse.”

 

Kai chuckled. “And impasse, that’s a generous word for it.”

 

“How would you describe it, Mr. Jongin?”

 

Kai smiled once again. “I would say I’m ing  you. You’re losing. And now you’re trying to save face by what exactly? What’s the plan here?” He asked, looking at both girls. “Oh right. You don’t actually have one.”

 

“If I may Mr Jongin. I’d like to suggest that we arrive at a mutually agreed upon negotiation.”

 

He chuckled. “Sure. You can try. But you don’t have anything to negotiate with.”

 

Chaeyoung offers another one of her charming smiles. Jennie looked down at her lap hiding her smile and then back up once she got it under control. “He has been threatening me since the meeting started but he hasn’t pulled the trigger.”

 

“You know, I really didn’t go into all of this intending to destroy you. It’s just that it was so easy to do so that I thought why not?”

 

Chaeyoung rests her chin on her hand. She gives Kai a winsome smile. “Interesting.”

 

“What’s interesting Miss Park?” He asked with annoyance.

 

“I guess it’s just interesting to me how you keep speaking as if you’re the one with all the leverage.”

 

“What are you trying to say?” Kai asked frowning.

 

“Well two things really. The first it’s more about something you wrote. Or signed rather.” She nods to one of her lawyers, who pulls out a sheaf of papers from their files and hands them to the blonde.  “Let’s see line six, item five...” She said as she got her glasses on. “Under intellectual property law, the name “Corvo Bianco” and all its subsidiaries belongs to Jennie Ruby Jane Kim.” 

 

Kai was fuming and Jennie, Jennie was just confused she had not been informed of this new development. 

 

“What… what’s going on?” She asked.

 

“Well, Miss Kim.” The lawyer started explaining. “Effectively what this means is that Mr. Jongin signed away his rights to keep the name of the company. The name ‘Corvo Bianco’ belongs to you.”

 

Kai stands up banging his fist on the table. “I don’t need the name!”

 

Chaeyoung laughs softly under her breath and slowly gets to her feet. She takes a step closer to him, then another step until she’s mere inches away. “You are nothing without the name. And you know it. You can’t even steal wine from someone else any more. Might as well just give the entire company back.”

 

“You can’t prove it!”

 

Chaeyoung smiles. “I think you’ll find that I can. You see this office can be set up to record all meetings, video and audio.”

 

At that moment Kai’s face blanches, mouth opening and closing. Chaeyoung takes a final step closer, her voice dangerously soft. “So please do take my advise… and off.” She then takes a few steps back buttoning her blazer again and opening the door where two security guards were waiting. “Please see that Mr. Jongin leaves the premises. My lawyers will be in contact, Mr. Jongin.”

 

 “Holy !” Jennie exclaimed once both girls were left in the room. 

 

“Surprise.” Chaeyoung said carefully.

 

“You .” Jennie swat her arm. “Is that why you needed me to talk to him alone?” 

 

“Mmhm.” The blonde nodded getting closer to Jennie as they both stood by the window. “I knew he wouldn’t say anything if I was here, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you in my defense the lawyers found the clause today, the original plan was simply to record it, guess luck was on our side this time.”

 

“Huh I guess it was.” Jennie said with a smile. “Oh speaking of here’s the phone, I made sure to start recording before entering the room.” She said giving the phone to Chaeyoung.

 

The blonde took it and after making sure to send the recording to her lawyers through a private network she placed the phone back on the table and took a step closer to the brunette and Jennie could feel the air she needed choking around her. 

 

“I spoke to a therapist yesterday.” She began, she looked briefly to the big window next them as she placed her hands in pockets. “She had this set of monkeys, you know the one… the speak no evil, see no evil, hear no evil ones, it wasn’t perfect, didn’t really match but when I said that you know what she responded with?”

 

“What?” Jennie asked nervously looking at the girl whose face was softly illuminated by the sunlight coming through the window.

 

“She said that even though the set wasn’t perfect…” She paused to face her, taking a step even closer. “It was still worth keeping. And I was hoping…that might apply to me as well.”

 

The air around them shifted as she linked her hand with Jennie’s. Then she chuckled. “I’ve said it a thousand times in my head and I can’t speak a single syllable now that you’re in front of me.” 

 

“It’s okay, take your time.” Jennie said softly as she held Chaeyoung’s hand between her own.

 

“I was a coward.” The blonde shook her head as she continued stopping Jennie from retorting. “I meant with you, I’ve been a coward. After Kai’s warning I… I blanked and everything I kept hidden just came back. Therapist called it PTSD” She said but then her face softened and she smiled at her. And this time Jennie could see the puppy she fell in love with once again showing in that smile. “I love you, Jennie. And I know that I come with a lot of baggage, baggage that I want to get rid off and I promise I will try my best to and… and I really don’t want to lose you.”

 

“Baby, you never you will.” Jennie promised determination in her eyes. “I meant what I said let me carry this burden with you, let me be there for you, that’s all I want.” 

 

Chaeyuong smiled in relief as she pulled her against her chest, her hand rubbing circles on her back and Jennie’s arms came around her waist. The moment reminded the shorter girl of the moment back at the villa except this time it was Chaeyoung holding her and it was a happy moment. And she realized how afraid she must have been, fearing she wasn’t enough, worried she’d come up short.

 

Jennie released her, backing away only enough to look up at her. Her hand went over the blonde’s chest. Her heart beat strong and steady as she looked up at her. “You weren’t a coward, Rosie.” She said, meaning every word. At the end she imagines opening up a wound of over twenty years old to get better, to be a better person, to be able to open up and receive love must be very hard and terrifying. “You’re the bravest woman I know.”

 

Chaeyoung tucked a lock of hair behind her ear and lowered her lips to hers. 

 

“Wait.” Jennie said.

 

And Chaeyoung stopped, lips barely touching. 

 

“I love you, too.”  She whispered.

 

“Well thank God for that.” And with that the CEO tucked her close and closed the remaining distance, searing her lips with hers.