036

boyfriend

Jena tightly held onto her seatbelt as Kai stepped on the gas, her eyes went to the sidemirror and saw the two black SUVs trailing after them.

“W—What’s going on?” She asked, Kai’s eyes went to her his forehead creased.

“Kai,” She said again, she saw Chanyeol’s car ahead of them. It all happened so quick, they were surrounded by men clad in dark suits. Jena didn’t even have the time to panic, Kai had immediately pulled her and they were escorted to his car. And now, it seems like they were in a highspeed chase, but who were they chasing?

“There’s been an emergency, we’re all heading straight to hyung’s place now.” Kai finally replied, she noticed how his knuckles were white from gripping on the steering wheel.

“Did something happen?” She managed to blurt out as a passing by car blew its horn at them, probably annoyed by Kai’s speed.

“I—I promise I’ll tell you everything once we get there, but for now, my focus is on keeping you safe. The drive to hyung’s house won’t be a short one,” Kai explained, Jena turned quiet. There was a look in his eyes that worried her. His tone sounded urgent, and tensed.

“I don’t want to come off as rude, but I would really appreciate it if you keep quiet and stay down. Don’t lean too much on the windows too.”

Jena yelped when the SUV from behind suddenly switched lanes and was no right beside her.

“That’s okay, they’re with us.” Kai murmured.

“Kim Jongin,” Jena breathed, Kai didn’t react and his eyes just focused on the road.

“This time you might really think I am a pain in the , Jen. I’m sorry.”

 

 

Sejin winced as she tried to sit up, but her body wouldn’t let her. She could feel the coldness of the floor through her shirt, her wrists were bound together behind her.

The girl opened her eyes and she started to look around, she was in a dark room, no, a dark hall. There was little to no light inside the hall, she could heard rats screeching a few meters away from her.

“Oh, look who’s up.” A voice said, before she could react, the lights were suddenly and she grimaced.

“What do you want?” Sejin breathed, her body ached all over and she was sure that her elbow was bleeding. Two males came into her view and she squinted to focus on their faces.

“J—Jooheon-ah!” She was stunned, the latter cackled at her and buried his hands in his pockets.

“And people kept on telling me that it was going to be difficult to get you.” He said to her, Sejin looked at the other male, he looked older than him. Her forehead creased, it was the similiarities in their looks that irked her. The man standing beside Jooheon was like an older version of him.

“Can you imagine my surprise years ago when I saw you a few months after breaking up with me,” Jooheon hummed as he leaned down to meet her gaze.

“You were with another man, how could you forget me so quickly?” He mused as he reached to cup her cheek, Sejin pulled back and he laughed.

“I thought to myself that you might have gotten upgrade, found someone better than me. But, no. You didn’t.”

“Jooheon-ah.” The other male spoke, Jooheon winked and stood up.

“You are dating the son of one of the filthiest families in Asia. You left me for someone like him.”

Sejin grew confused, Jooheon wasn’t making any sense and the painful throbbing in her head also didn’t help.

“Scorpion. Has your beloved ever mentioned this to you?” The other male spoke, Sejin shook her head.

“Look, I don’t know what you’re talking about, but Chanyeol~”

“Park Chanyeol is a son of the famous Black Dragons.” He spoke, Sejin stopped, her brows rising.

“I~”

“To put it into simpler terms, Sejin-ah. While you were out there, working your off to keep your name and reputation clean. The man you are dating, the man you chose over me, is a son of mafia lord. He’s a gangster, Sejin-ah.”

 

 

Daniel leaned back on the sofa as he looked at the news, his face was all over the tabloids. And for the firs time, he was happy about being the talk of the town, depiste of the negativity it brought him.

People were starting to take his side. They all sympathized for him, and he loved it.

His phone had been ringing off the hook since earlier, but he didn’t care.

Now the tables have turned, those rich bastards wont be able to touch him, not with the public eye watching over their every movement.

He glanced at his phone briefly, Jena hadn’t messaged him yet. But her mother’s office had reached out to him, the lady wanted to talk to him personally.

He had yet to give a reply.

He wanted everything to sink in first, things didn’t always go their way. Especially, Sejin, the girl thought she could control everything but no. She was nothing but a spoiled brat with way too much sense of entitlement in her.

“Kim Jongin.” He mused as Lotte Coporation’s logo appeared on the screen. Daniel wanted him to back off, Jena was his.

He had met her first, they had formed a relationship first. He would have been able to fix things between them only if Kai didn’t come into the picture. Charming her with his playboy ways and money, Daniel snorted.

Jena would never fall for someone like the Lotte Corporation heir, right now she was just being blinded by her anger for him.

“You’ll come back me to, Jena.” He murmured softly, his eyes looked at the screen again.

“But I have to take care of this guy first.”

Daniel smirked as he grabbed his laptop and proceeded to reply to the media outlets reaching out to him.

“This will teach them a lesson.”

 

 

Jena’s eyes widened in size as soon as she got inside the room, one part of wall was covered in different screens, while the one across was a different story.

It was an armory.

It had different type of guns, bullets and she even recognized a couple of hand grenades. It was all just there, for anyone to grab and use.

Her eyes turned to Kai and Chanyeol both men were standing over what looked like a control desk, three males were manning the table.

She glanced at the doors they walked through again, a couple of men were standing by, on guards.

“Oppa,” She spoke, Chanyeol turned to her, she saw the hard look in his gaze.

“What’s~”

“I’m going to tell her. Screw you, hyung.” Kai suddenly spoke, Chanyeol looked away from the girl.

“Shoud…Should I be asking questions?” Jena said, her voice hoarse. Chanyeol let out a shaky breath, he ran his fingers through his hair before giving Kai a nod.

“Jena, we’re not…we’re not who we really claim to be. I mean, there’s more to us than Lotte and Park Holdings.”

Jena’s gaze landed on one of the screens and she realized they had live CCTV footage from all over the downtown of Seoul.

“What are you talking about?”

Chanyeol walked towards the armory, Jena saw him take out a gun from the back of his pants. Her eyes widened in shock.

“For generations now, our family has been involved in the mafia. No, we…” Kai trailed off, his forehead creasing.

“M—Mafia?” Jena repeated, Chanyeol paused, he took another pistol from the wall and tucked it inside his shirt.

“They are the mafia, Jen.” Another voice chimed in, she turned and saw Sehun walk into the room. Kai looked away and crossed his arms.

“Our Sejin is dating a mafia lord, she is good friends with another mafia lord.” Sehun explained, Chanyeol stopped moving.

“And this wouldn’t have happened if Chanyeol hyung told her the truth about him from day one.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++