028

boyfriend

 

Kai jumped when he heard the steel doors open. He saw Chanyeol walk in, his eyes went to the two males before him.

“You were assigned to her for a reason,” Chanyeol hissed, the men straightened up.

“If we didn’t find her, what would have happened?” He snapped, he ran his fingers through his hair and looked at Kai.

“What do we have?” He spoke, his tone rough.

“Tattoos. All Scorpion.” Kai could only shrug, Chanyeol’s eyes went to the two males, and then his lips quirked up.

“Hyung,”

“You.” He said as he grabbed the one with the facial tattoo, the latter cackled.

“Your girl was stupid getting in on my cab, but you were stupider for letting her~” The man yelped when Chanyeol pushed him up against the wall.

“Stupid?” Chanyeol repeated, the male started to cough up blood, Kai looked away.

“This fight is between my family and yours, and yet you drag her into this.” Chanyeol said as he pushed the pen he was holding deeper into the man’s stomach.

“You’re on the losing end, brat!” He spat at Chanyeol, the guards tensed up.

“Losing?” Chanyeol chuckled, all the lights in the warehouse started to go on and the male turned quiet, even his other colleague let out a gasp.

“Familiar, huh?” Chanyeol dropped him to the ground, the man was writhing in pain.

“We managed to intercept all your shipments.” Chanyeol hummed, he leaned over to yank the pen out of the man.

“Y—You,” He was choking on his own blood, Kai grinned as he approached the piles of illegal drugs before him.

“Shin Manbok thought he was smart, but,” Chanyeol picked up the steel bat from the table. The other male started to crawl away from him.

“And, wanting to bomb my car? Creative, were you waiting for her to start the engine so that it would explode?” Chanyeol said casually as he dragged the bat across the floor.

“Tell your boss, be a man. Face us.”

“This is just the beginning. You will regret this.” He yelled back, Chanyeol sighed, he leaned down to meet his gaze.

That was when Kai grew concerned, there was something in the older male’s eyes that concerned him. Chanyeol had way too much on his plate right now, Sejin and Jena being in danger, Scorpion attacking, hiding the truth from his girlfriend and Jooheon.

Touch Sejin, and you’re dead.

“Come on, I regret not finishing your boss years back, however,”

“Hyung,” Kai spoke again, but his friend didn’t react.

“Nothing but empty threats,” The male laughed at his face, Kai’s brows rose up.

“You have fourteen safehouses left, nine outside the city and five more with in the district,” Kai announced, the two males froze up with his words.

“Since you love bombs so much,” Chanyeol mused, he glanced over his shoulder and their men started to move.

“How about we blow those up? Sounds fun.” He continued and then he picked up the bat and handed it to the male.

“You can hit yourself with it, since, that would be better than walking back to your boss.” Chanyeol mused before standing up.

“S—Stop!” The male stuttered as he pushed the bat away from him, Kai glanced at the other one, he was already unconscious.

“Time to light them up.” Chanyeol said before leaving the warehouse.

 

 

Sejin sat up and let out a breath, she couldn’t sleep well and it was already six in the morning.

“I give up.” She murmured as she kicked the covers away from her and slid down from the bed. She pulled the door open and made her way down to the kitchen, she paused when she found Toben lounging by the end of the stairs.

“Toben-ah,” Before she called him, the dog was already wagging its tail, waiting for her.

She lifted the dog in her arms and looked around, Sejin paused when she noticed men in black suits walking around her lawn.

“What~”

She heard sounds coming from the kitchen, she scrunched her nose before padding towards the room.

Chanyeol was standing by the stove, and the TV was on, her eyes went to the screen.

Sudden explosions within the city, a terrorist attack?

Sejin put the dog down and looked around the room, she let out a shaky breath.

“Did you sleep over?” She asked, Chanyeol turned to her and shook his head.

“No, I just got here. Are you hungry?” His tone was formal, and it irked her.

“Chanyeol-ah,”

The male stopped, she saw how his forehead creased as he faced her.

“Look, I’m sorry I never told you, but to me, it didn’t really matter. I saw him as work, and nothing else. I shouldn’t have assumed that you’d…not care about it.” She trailed off, Chanyeol poured her a cup of coffee.

“You don’t know what happened years back.” He said softly, Sejin grew confused.

“What do you mean?”

“It was my birthday, and we just got together. He came to the party unannounced, Sejin-ah.”

The girl halted, completely taken aback.

“He was there?”

“He threatened me, he told me that you’d just leave because he knew you’d always choose him. He was your first love and I know that you defied your parents for him. You would always come back to him.”

Sejin sighed and ran her fingers through her hair.

“H—How come you didn’t…No,”

Chanyeol sat down on one of the stools and looked at her.

“I’m sorry I avoided you yesterday. I feel bad for letting you….out of my sight, Sejin-ah.”

“You…You believed him.” Sejin ignored his other statement, Chanyeol nodded back at her.

“People knew, Sejin. You fought with your mother because of Jooheon and I was aware that you almost left home.”

“No, no, Chanyeol, no.” She shook her head as she walked towards him.

“I was…” She trailed off, she felt tears threatening to fall down her cheeks, she looked at him and simply reached out to wrap her arms around him.

Sejin swallowed, waiting for him to hug her back.

“I was young and stupid. I made so many wrong decisions and,” She paused, Chanyeol’s arms were suddenly around her and she smiled.

“I only realized I was mistaken when I met you. I figured out I was in real trouble when you first started talking to me.” She murmured as she pulled back to look at him.

“You didn’t know this, but I was always so nervous everytime you approached me. I even wanted to run.”

He laughed.

“It’s not funny!” She let out a whine, he smiled before pressing his lips against hers. He gently pulled the girl to his chest before speaking again.

“I’m sorry, young miss. It wont happen again.” He said softly as he kissed the side of her head, Sejin nodded back and just buried her face on the crook of his neck.

“Who would have thought, I make the great Lee Sejin nervous?” He hummed, his deep voice helped calm the girl.

“You always did seem like trouble.” She muttered darkly, Chanyeol smiled and simply tightened his hold on her.

I’ll end Scorpion before they could even say your name again.

 

 

Jena’s forehead creased as she stretched her limbs, she could feel the sun’s rays on her face as she turned her body to the left.

And then she stilled.

The sheets didn’t smell right, they weren’t hers.

She immediately bolted up and let out a groan as her head throbbed at the sudden action. Her eyes scanned and the room and she panicked.

She was about to jump down the bed when she heard the doors creak open.

“Look before you kill me,” Kai said as he stood by the doorway.

“Kai?” She balked, the latter gave her one of his usual small smiles.

“Something came up last night, Sejin asked me to take care of you. But…you said you didn’t want to go home, and you..kind of threw a fit over that, so,”

“I didn’t want to come home?” Jena repeated, Kai nodded back.

“So, I decided to bring you here. This is my guest room.” Kai announced, Jena sighed and looked at herself.

“I asked my secretary to bring some clothes,” He added as he produced a shopping bag and he carefully put it on the couch.

“Wash up and let’s have breakfast together.”

“Wait, Kai,” Jena padded towards him, the male paused and looked at her.

“Did I do something embarrassing?” She asked while wincing, Kai let out a laugh.

“I don’t recall, but,” He said as he cupped her cheek softly.

“Good morning, miss Hong.”

 

 

“You play polo?” Jena asked as she looked at her plate of waffles.

“I hear the judgment in your tone, but yes. I do play polo.” Kai chuckled before joining the girl, the two were in the kitchen, chatting over breakfast.

“Really? I mean, isn’t it dangerous?”

“It is, but it’s fun.” He replied as he took the seat across hers, Jena shook her head and took a small sip of her coffee.

“How…are you feeling?” Kai asked carefully, not wanting to pry. But he was genuinely worried for the girl.

“Better, thanks for asking, Kim Jongin.”

“Are you going to work today? Would you want me to call them and~”

“No, I feel like having an off day, my head’s killing me and..I still feel horrible.”

“Horrible?”

“I was mean to my own cousin, Kai. I was mean to her because, I didn’t like how she treated Daniel.” Jena stood up, Kai watched as the girl went to the fridge.

And then he noticed that the girl's phone was vibrating, his brows went up briefly as he looked at the screen.

Daniel

His jaw twitched before swiping the red icon across the screen and putting the phone away.

“Sejin can be intense, but she means well.” Kai said gently, Jena suddenly smiled, her eyes focusing on him alone.

“Yes, I almost forgot how she is around strangers.” She mused as she looked at her plate again, Kai looked away, his forehead creasing. He puffed his cheeks before nodding back.

“What do you plan to do now?”

“With Daniel? Nothing.” Jena replied, Kai tilted his head at the girl.

“I just…I don’t want to talk about him now, he’s caused way too much trouble. and, I don’t want to lose what I have with Sejin unnie over him. I can’t risk that.”

“Very well said, young miss.”

Jena snorted back at him.

“Did..we have this talk already?” She blurted out, Kai grinned back at her.

“Did we? Only drunk Jena can answer this.” He shot back, Jena sent him a look.

“If you want to take the rest of the day off, you can lounge around here. I’ll just be in the study, finishing some work.”

“But, Kai~”

“You’re welcome to stay…well, in hiding, until you feel better. As long as you come to my match.” He chimed, Jena blinked back at him.

“I’ll be there then.”

Kai nodded back at her before sliding down from the stool.

“And, Kai,”

He paused and turned to her.

“Thanks for..not letting drunk Jena roam around the streets freely.”

“Of course, drunk Jena’s really nice too. You should meet her.” Kai said jokingly before leaving the room.

“Hey!”

“Let’s go out later, be ready by two!” Kai said as he went up the steps, Jena looked around her and let out a small sigh.

“He can be charming when he wants to be.” She nodded to herself.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++