003

boyfriend

 

Sejin yawned as she stepped out of her room, she could hear her mother downstairs. Her brows rose, did they have a guest over?

She went down the steps and found her parents in the living room, the two were watching a music program.

“What are you watching?” She asked as she took a seat on a separate couch.

“We were randomly browsing through channels when we heard one of your mother’s favorite artists being on this show.” Her father replied with a smile, her eyes went to the screen briefly.

“I thought you were going out with Chanyeol today?” Her mother asked her, Sejin nodded back.

“In a bit, yes. We’re having dinner with a friend.”

“A friend? What about Jena? You two always go out on weekends.”

Sejin paused, she was about to speak when a familiar face appeared on the screened. Her lips thinned and she leaned back on her seat.

“Toben’s ugly friend.” She said under her breath.

“You were saying, darling?” Mister Lee looked at his daughter, Sejin quickly shook her head.

“Oh, that’s him, Sejin! Look at that cutie!”

She looked at the male’s smiling face as she greeted the audience, Sejin grimaced and stood up.

“Watch with us, Sejin-ah. He’s going to perform his~”

“It’s okay, eomma. I have to change before Chanyeol arrives. I won’t be out late.” She informed them.

“Oh, we wont mind. You’re with Chanyeol.” Mrs. Lee smiled at her, Sejin shook her head again.

“Of course.” She muttered as she went up the steps again.

“And now, I have to cleanse my eyes.” Sejin said in a petty manner before hiding in her room again.

 

 

“What’s this? You watch these things now?”

Chanyeol looked up as his friend got in the car, the older male shook his head. He was watching a live broadcast on his phone, the other male took a quick peek on the screen again and he grinned.

“I see that dude’s face everywhere nowadays. Even on a bus. You’re a fan?”

“No, but my girlfriend is~”

“Sejin’s into that? Lee Sejin? The Lee Sejin I know?” He started to chuckled, Chanyeol put his phone down and started the engine.

“She might be an anti-fan soon. Let me finish.” He muttered, the other male tilted his head.

“Since when did the Lee princess have time for celebrities?”

Chanyeol shook his head and stepped on the gas.

“How are things? No problems?” He asked him, the latter shrugged and quickly put on his seatbelt.

“Chuncheon’s fine, however I have to keep tabs on Suwon. There’s been a lot of rumors flying around.”

“What rumors?” Chanyeol glanced at him.

“Something about Scorpion being back, which is totally impossible, hyung.” He stated, Chanyeol’s brows rose, concerned.

“I thought he’s…gone. For good.”

“Exactly, it’s just nothing but pointless chatter. Don’t think too much about it.” He said coolly, brushing it off.

“Every time you say those exact words, Kim Jongin, the two of us always get in trouble right after.” Chanyeol mused back, Jongin smirked.

“I can handle it, hyung. Don’t worry.”

 

 

Jena stepped out of the elevator and fixed the strap of her purse on her shoulder, she was about to step out of the building when her phone started to ring. She took a quick glance on the screen before picking up.

“Eomma, hi.” She said breathlessly.

“What are you up to? Your father’s in town, let’s have dinner together.” Her mother stated, Jena paused and she hailed for a cab.

“Tonight?”

“Of course.” Her mother replied, her tone dry. Jena couldn’t help but smile.

“Eomma, I’m afraid I can’t. I have this thing at work tonight, we’re all on overtime schedule. There’s this big client that wants us to finish the audit soon.” She reasoned as she got in the cab, her mother sighed from the other end.

“Well, maybe tomorrow? Breakfast?”

Jena smiled to herself.

“Like I have a choice? I live with you guys.” She said jokingly, but she could feel that her mother wasn’t amused by it.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, daughter.” She said and ended the call, Jena exhaled and leaned back on the seat. Her phone buzzed and she opened the message.

I’ll be waiting outside. I’m in the car. –Kang

She typed in a quick reply, saying that she was already on her way.

I already made reservations for us. Can’t wait to see you. –Kang

She smiled to herself and took out her compact powder and started to redo her makeup.

 

 

“Fancy schmancy.” Jongin said as he spotted the restaurant from a few meters away.

Sejin glanced at the male and shook her head, Chanyeol was walking behind them as they chatted.

“I haven’t seen you in a while, how are you? I thought we were meeting this weekend.” Sejin asked, truthfully, he had met Chanyeol’s friend first. She was on her junior year when Kim Jongin, or Kai, the troublemaker with the dangerous smile walked into her life. But they had always been friends, she got along with him well.

“Busy as usual, but I bet you’re busier.” He replied with a grin, Sejin nodded back.

“You have no idea. Are we eating here?” She turned to Chanyeol and stretched her hand to him, Kai caught the action and smiled. Sejin had always been quiet and reserved, but what others didn’t know is that she had a bit of social anxiety. She didn’t enjoy going to new places and meeting people. In fact, she didn’t even enjoy conversation that much. And yet, she matched with his outgoing and talkative friend so well. So well that they were together now.

“Yes, this is a new place I saw online.” Chanyeol said warmly as he enclosed her hand in his bigger one.

“I made reservations too, did you call Jena?”

“No. She cancelled on me before I could cancel on her.” She said with a small smile, Chanyeol blinked at her and then he nodded back.

“Good for you.” He mused back, Kai walked ahead of them and he was already being led to their table.

“Hey, if those two end up together, you’d have to stop avoiding Jena. And, she’s not just your cousin. She’s your best friend.” Chanyeol said softly, Sejin exhaled and faced him.

“I know that, I just,” She looked at their hands together, she was gently rubbing her thumb over the back of his palm.

“You’re not comfortable with her dating a celebrity?”

“No.” She replied, her lips pursing, Chanyeol smiled and gently pulled her aside, away from prying eyes.

“Then, what is it?”

Sejin finally looked up, there was resolve in her eyes.

“I don’t like him. Just that.” She said, finally finding the right words. Chanyeol sighed at her, and she broke into a proud smile.

“Deal with it.” Sejin muttered darkly.

“I understand, come on. Kai might order food we hate.” He smiled as he pulled the girl with him, they reached their table and Chanyeol pulled the chair for her. He was about to speak to Jongin when two familiar silhouettes walked in the restaurant.

“Chanyeol, I want~” Sejin followed his gaze and her eyes widened.

“Well, look, she’s with the thing she has at work.” Chanyeol heard her murmur as she sat down.

Chanyeol grimaced as he went to his seat.

Oh dear, poor poodle.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++